A veteran of the industry, BetVictor has been taking bets since 1946 and moved online at the turn of the century.
- High golf odds
- Excellent customer support
- Outright markets available well in advance
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 2x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. Please gamble responsibly
BetVictor has a complete service for golf punters with highly competitive odds and excellent customer support.
Why we like BetVictor
Using the BetVictor website or app is a relaxed experience with its professional design and simplistic layout. You can quickly move to the golf page, where you see lots of outright markets and some excellent prices. Their golf odds are always up there with the best.
What BetVictor offers you
- Value on golf odds: You will often find BetVictor near the top of the list when comparing golf odds.
- Helpful support system: With options on how to contact BetVictor, you will generally find they are very helpful with addressing whatever issue you may have. Their live chat is excellent.
- Outright options year-round: BetVictor has lots of outright betting markets available throughout the year. You can bet on the next winner for each of the four majors.
- Strong reputation: Established just after the Second World War, BetVictor has a long-standing reputation as one of the best golf betting sites.
SpreadEx came onto the UK scene as a spread betting platform at the turn of the century. It has since added a fixed-odds sportsbook, which is up there with Britain’s best and offers great value for Golf bettors.
- Outright odds available in good time
- Easy to switch between spread betting and fixed odds
- Good value odds on all golf markets
Place a £25 fixed odds single bet at min. odds of 1/2 and get 5 x £5 free fixed odds single bets, as well as 2 x £5 free totals goals bets, 2 x £5 winning favourite bets, and 50 free spins on Starburst. Free bets applied to account on consecutive days. 18+ begambleaware.org T&Cs apply.
SpreadEx offer golf punters the chance to try their hand at spread betting or to stick with the fixed odds platform, with a range of markets available for both..
Why we like SpreadEx
If outright betting is of interest, SpreadEx is a bookmaker to consider. They make odds available plenty of time before tournaments start, allowing you to analyse odds movement and monitor the form of the players. They provide some flexibility with how easy it is to move between spread betting and fixed odds.
What SpreadEx offers you
- Early outright odds: There’s no waiting around for odds at SpreadEx. Their outright markets are released in advance of the golf majors getting underway. They are also quite swift for other events on the PGA tour.
- Spread betting and fixed odds betting: It is a smooth process to move between spread betting and fixed odds at SpreadEx. You can easily compare the odds and markets.
- Attractive golf odds: SpreadEx often comes out favourably when its odds are compared with other leading bookmakers.
- Bonus for referrals: Refer a friend to SpreadEx and you could receive a free bet of £100.
10bet is a Malta-based bookie which moved online back in 2006. They won a couple of awards for their design and branding in 2019.
- Slick mobile app
- Up to £50 in welcome bonus
- Fantastic golf odds
18+. New bettors get 50% of deposit up to £50; Once per household; Min deposit £15 (no Skrill/Neteller); Wager a total of 8 times deposit + bonus, with max qualifying bet stake equal to your initial bonus amount; Bonus expires after 60 days; Min odds of 4/5 on singles, or 2/5 per leg for acca; Some bet types excluded; See full terms;
The 10bet website and app are the best to use among all golf online betting sites in 2023.
Why we like 10bet
Starting out with up to £50 in free bets as a welcome bonus, 10bet does things a bit differently, including their Ten Club. The user-friendly mobile apps and website add to the feel that this is a modern bookmaker. Their golf odds are generally higher than many of their competitors, too.
What 10bet offers you
- Brilliant app and website: The 10bet app and website are very hard to fault. Well-designed and quick to load, you are unlikely to run into any issues with the website or app.
- Up to £50 from welcome bonus: 10bet offer a slightly different welcome bonus with 50% of their first deposit up to £50.
- Great golf odds: You get high golf odds on a lot of events at 10bet. Punters are not short of betting options on their website.
- VIP Experience: If you enjoy using 10bet, you can try out the Ten Club, a brand new VIP experience, offering something a bit different from their competitors.
Bookies don’t come much bigger than Bet365. A well-earned reputation makes them one of the most popular golf betting sites in 2023.
- Live Golf Tracker
- Specials markets
- Bet Boost
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
Bet365 offers a breadth of golf markets along with a useful tracking feature.
Why we like Bet365
A favourite for many punters, Bet365 stands out from the crowd with its Live Golf Tracker function. Their specials markets give you a lot to choose from, and the regular bet boosts are a way to locate some additional value when placing your wagers.
What Bet365 offers you
- Live Golf Tracker: You can follow shot-by-shot data with course visualisations and ball tracking through Bet365’s Live Golf Tracker. Focus on your favourite players or use it to keep up with all the action on the move.
- Different specials: Bet365 provides an extensive selection of golf specials, including player-focused markets and group betting.
- Boosted odds: The Bet365 golf page is led by their Bet Boost feature. This will include boosted odds on various different wagers.
- 24/7 support: You can contact the Bet365 support team 24/7. They have live chat and an email address to get in touch.
Far from the biggest name in the UK sports betting space, Sportingbet pride themselves on covering all manner of sports with a comprehensive selection of markets for each.
- Range of golf markets
- User-friendly platform
- Odds Boost tokens
This Promotion is available to Website customers who: are over 18 years old; are a new player with sportingbet.com; are resident in the United Kingdom. This offer is available to 1 person per household. 18+. T&C Apply.
Sportingbet cover more golf markets than many of their competitors, making it the go-to place to find the odds you’re after.
Why we like Sportingbet
Sportingbet’s website and app are clearly designed with the punter in mind. It is a straight-forward process to sign-up and place your first wagers, with the welcome offer being clear throughout. You can locate the golf odds quickly, with their range of markets matched by very few competitors.
What Sportingbet offers you
- Lots of golf markets: Sportingbet provides odds on events all over the world. From the majors through to lesser-known tournaments, you will find prices up on Sportingbet’s website.
- Well-designed website: When you join Sportingbet, you are met by an easy-to-navigate platform with odds and promotions laid out in a straight-forward manner.
- Tokens to boost odds: Regular bettors at Sportingbet will receive tokens to boost odds on a specific wager.
- Personalised bonuses: Sportingbet personalises the bonuses you are offered depending on your betting habits, location and stakes.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Golf
Punters have a lot to take into account when trying to pick between the top golf online betting sites in 2023. You want somewhere which is easy to use, pays out fairly, and has some favourable promotions.
Sam Cox: I am looking for golf betting sites in the UK to offer a variety of markets, with any additional specials being viewed as a bonus. I want to see bookies making the effort to give us golf-specific promos, too.
Compare the best Golf betting sites of 2023
Every big-name bookmaker provides golf odds, making it a competitive field when trying to choose between them. To find the best golf betting sites, you want to look at each bookmaker with a broad lens.
To help you pit these bookies against each other, here is a comparison table of the top golf sites in2023 :
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|Bet365||4.4/5||Tracking the action||Review|
|Sportingbet||4.3/5||Selection of markets||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
While we at Betting.com have put the hours in weighing up golf betting sites, you will still need to have a look for yourself before making a decision. Some elements of choosing a bookie are subjective, so investigate the options before signing up.
To help with that process, here are some criteria to think about:
- Look for licences: You want to make sure your money and financial information are safe with whichever bookmaker you choose. Have a look at their licences, checking the dates and locations.
- Analyse welcome offers: The frequency of your bets and the amount you are looking to deposit will dictate which welcome offers are the best value for you. Look around for the sign-up deals that fit with your betting habits.
- Find their golf odds: It makes sense to be clear what golf odds are available before choosing your bookmaker. Some bookies provide more golf odds than others, plus it is worth having a look on a comparison site to see which companies offer the best value.
- Check out the payment methods: You want to be able to get your winnings quickly and without any charges. It is also useful if a bookmaker provides a few different payment and withdrawal options to make it that bit easier to deposit or take out cash.
- Read some reviews: Reputations are there for a reason. If previous punters speak highly of a bookie, it’s generally a good sign. If others are unimpressed, it might be best to steer clear.
- Have a look at the app: Get searching for the app on your preferred device to see what the mobile experience is like. A good app can make a real difference to how enjoyable it is using a bookmaker.
- Trial signing up: Once you have an idea of the right bookie for you, begin their registration process and have a look around the site from your account. Some bookies have parts of their site that can only be viewed when logged in.
Betting on Golf explained
Golf originated in the 15th century in Scotland, and it is safe to say the sport has changed a fair bit since then. The modern game is an incredibly lucrative industry with the most successful golfers raking in millions of pounds per year. Golf betting attracts diehard and casual fans alike.
Odds are available on majors well in advance of the event getting underway. The best golf betting sites will provide odds for smaller tournaments, too.
You can find a lot of information across the internet when trying to make your golf picks. Do your research before placing wagers.
Types of Golf bets
There’s an array of golf bets available at the top golf online betting sites. Some will be familiar if you are an experienced bettor, but there are plenty which are golf-specific as well.
This is simply betting on the golfer to win the event. Variations include the ‘winner without’ and ‘wire-to-wire winner’ markets.
If you want some insurance against a golfer narrowly missing out on the win, you can back them to finish in the top few places. The best golf betting sites provide odds on several different placings, including top three, top five and top 10.
To Make Cut
Betting on a player to make the cut is a wager on them to be in the top 70 after the first two rounds on most PGA Tour events.
First Round Leader
Being the first round leader means having the lowest score when every other golfer has completed their first round.
Golf betting strategies
You need to put the time in to compile a successful golf betting strategy. An element of trial-and-error is required to get an idea for what works. You will want to establish several websites and outlets which you can trust for regular statistics and analysis to help inform your golf picks. Data and general knowledge of the sport are vital.
Popular Golf events to bet on
Punters have golf to bet on year-round. Some events are bigger than others, though, so here are three of the most popular golf events to bet on:
- The Open Championship: Sometimes referred to as ‘The Open’ or ‘The British Open’, The Open Championship is the oldest of the four golfing majors, having first been played in 1860. Regularly played at iconic venues like the Old Course at St Andrews, The Open Championship carries a prize fund of over £11 million. Harry Vardon’s six wins are a record at the event. It is held in mid-July each year. Make sure you’re ready for this year’s four rounds by checking out the best Open Championship betting sites.
- The Masters: The Masters is arguably the most prestigious event in golf. Held at Augusta National in April every year, the winner receives the iconic green jacket. The course first opened 90 years ago, but the course has been adapted many times since then. Jack Nicklaus is the most successful golfer in Masters history with seven titles. Learn more about the event by reading up on the best Masters betting sites.
- US Open:The US Open takes place in mid-June and is the third major to be played in the calendar year. From 2022, the U.S. Open’s prize money sits at $17.5 million, making it the most lucrative of the four major championships.
- US PGA: Formerly played in mid-August, from 2019 the US PGA has been switched to May, making it the second major to be played in a season.
- Ryder Cup: The Ryder Cup is a men’s golf tournament contested between teams from Europe and the United States every two years. The host course alternates, with Marco Simone Golf and Country Club in Rome set to host the 2023 event. Prior to 1979, a team from Great Britain and Ireland went up against the USA. Prepare for the tournament by researching the best Ryder Cup betting sites.