A solid and reliable name, synonymous with the UK betting industry, William Hill was formed in 1934 and since then has been a leading player in most types of betting. Not surprisingly William Hill is a great bookie for betting on boxing.
- Excellent range of boxing markets
- Customised bets available for Boxing specials with #YourOdds
- Outright betting
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 18.10.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply.
William Hill is a solid and reliable bookmaker and provides a large variety of markets in boxing, including futures bets and specials.
Why we like William Hill
William Hill offers good value and a great range of markets in Boxing. They also give you the option to customise your bet by tweeting @WilliamHill#YourOdds, plus an extensive list of options to build your bet on the site. #YourOdds also allows you to build futures bets and specials, such as betting that a fighter will win a world title by the end of a calendar year.
William Hill is a great place for experienced or novice bettors looking for a boxing wager. It is clearly one of the UK’s best Boxing betting sites.
What William Hill offers you
- Large range of boxing betting markets: William Hill cover the sport comprehensively. William Hill also provide punters with a great in-play betting service
- Competitive odds: William Hill offer attractive odds for boxing.
- Customised boxing bets: If you can’t find what you are looking for you can tweet @William Hill #YourOdds.
- Regular enhanced odds promos: Look for boosted odds on boxing in the run up to matches. William Hill’s website offers enhanced odds on a daily basis across a range of sports and events.
Founded in the 1980s, Boyle Sports is Ireland’s leading bookmaker and has evolved with the times. Not only successful on the high street, Boyle Sports has a significant online presence thanks to its website and app.
- Great odds on boxing
- Good range of markets covered for boxin
- Reliable and positively received app on iOS and Android
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Account & Payment method restrictions apply. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. T&Cs apply. T&Cs apply.
Boyle Sports offers great odds for boxing, covers a large range of fights in different categories and provides a good all round service.
Why we like Boyle Sports
Boyle Sports offer consistently competitive odds for boxing, allowing them to steal a march on many of their competitors. They cover a good range of boxing markets and have a slick and user friendly website and high quality customer service.
What Boyle Sports offers you
- Straightforward deposits and withdrawals: Boyle Sport provides many deposit and withdrawal options, which are quick to process online and withdrawals will be in your account with minimal delay.
- Acca Loyalty: For every five accas placed, you will receive a £5 free acca if certain criteria are met.
- Great odds for boxing: Boyle Sports offer competitive odds for boxing. From three different fights at different weights the bookie offered an average payout of 90.6%. This bettered a lot of good quality boxing bookies like Unibet, Betfair, bet365 and BetVictor.
- Promotions: BoyleSports offer a range of promos, offers and features to keep new and existing customers interested.
SpreadEx came onto the scene as a spread betting platform just before the millennium. It has added a fixed-odds sportsbook, which ranks alongside some of the best boxing betting sites in Britain.
- Easy to switch between spread betting and fixed odds
- Range of markets available
- Good value odds
Place a £25 fixed odds single bet at min. odds of 1/2 and get 5 x £5 free fixed odds single bets, as well as 2 x £5 free totals goals bets, 2 x £5 winning favourite bets, and 50 free spins on Starburst. Free bets applied to account on consecutive days. 18+ begambleaware.org T&Cs apply.
You can enjoy fixed odds or sprread betting on all of the top bouts at SpreadEx.
Why we like SpreadEx
SpreadEx’s excellent stats centre helps you with your boxing picks. They also provide some flexibility with how easy it is to move between spread betting and fixed odds.
What SpreadEx offers you
- Stats galore: SpreadEx’s stats centre provides you with plenty of info to help you make informed choices when making your boxing picks.
- Versatility: It is quick and seamless to move between spread betting and fixed odds at SpreadEx. You can easily compare the odds and markets.
- Good value odds: SpreadEx often comes out favourably when its odds are compared with other leading bookmakers.
- Bonus for referrals: Refer a friend to SpreadEx and you could receive a free bet of £100.
A giant of the industry, Bet365 is one of the largest bookmakers in the world and has very few flaws in its offering. It is unquestionably one of the best boxing betting sites in the UK.
- Great range and depth of boxing markets
- Top-tier reputation across numerous sports
- Generally well-regarded customer service
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
Bet365 cover the sport in depth, across the different weight categories giving punters a range of betting options.
Why we like Bet365
For regular boxing bettors, bet365 is a bookie who can provide great value. They offer a wide range of betting options which include the result, round betting and betting on the method of victory. Their odds are very competitive too. They offer a range of outrights and future bets with odds offered on fighters becoming world champions within a certain period of time.
What Bet365 offers you
- Open account offer: Bet £10 and you will receive £50 in free bets with Bet365 to try out their services on boxing wagers.
- Great range of markets: Bet365 cover all of the weight categories thoroughly, providing a number of betting options. They cover men’s and women’s boxing and obviously focus on the big international bouts. That doesn’t mean that up and coming fighters at international and domestic level are ignored, however. Bet365 provide odds on a large range of fights at a number of levels.
- Bet Boost: Bigger prices are available through Bet365’s Bet Boost feature at major events.
- Stellar customer service: You will find it easy to contact Bet365’s customer service, and their team is helpful to address issues and answer queries through whichever contact method you prefer.
- New promotions: Boxing won’t always be at the forefront of Bet365’s promos, but many of their offers will still be applicable.
Unibet provide a good quality service across a wide range of sports so it is not surprising that they are one of the best boxing betting sites around.
- Competitive odds on boxing
- In-play betting and live streaming available for boxing
- Good range of boxing events covered
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
Unibet is a great bookmaker and offers good value to boxing punters with quality odds, good options pre-match and in-play and regular promos.
Why we like Unibet
Pleasing on the eye, with a user friendly website and app, Unibet have an impressive portfolio of sports. They manage to maintain the quality too, with their boxing odds being very competitive. They offer a great in-play betting service for boxing and, depending on TV rights, can compliment this with live streaming.
What Unibet offers you
- Comprehensive boxing coverage: Unibet covers a large number of fights and has a number of betting options pre-bout and in-play, plus, on selected fights, live streaming.
- Competitive odds for boxing: Across three fights at different weights Unibet’s average payout averaged at 89.7%. This was better value than a lot of top bookies like William Hill, bet365, Coral and Ladbrokes.
- Well-organised website and app: Unibet’s website and app are two of the best around. The interface provides sufficient information without overwhelming the user.
- Helpful and straight-forward customer service: Available via live chat, phone or email, the Unibet customer service experience is excellent whether enquiring about a wager or looking to update your details.
A new face on the scene, BetUK has quickly made a name for itself as one of the better bookmakers in the UK since being founded in 2020.
- Best Odds for EPL
- Best Odds for UCL
- Good range of bouts covered in different weight categories
- Acca Club to boost profits on a weekly basis £30 in free bets available in welcome offer
- 24-hour live chat service
It hasn’t taken long for BetUK to be in the running for the best boxing betting site. The Acca Club headlines its offering.
Why we like BetUK
BetUK provides an easy-to-navigate and clean website which offers enough information without being too garish. The odds are always competitive, and the weekly Acca Club is particularly appealing for boxing fans who like backing multiple selections in one go.
What BetUK offers you
- Profit Boosts through Acca Club: Regularly back accumulators and you can receive £5 in free bets each week, along with profit boosts for qualifying wagers.
- Commitment to safer gambling: BetUK has made a significant effort to make gambling safer, and ranks well for bettor safety.
- Always available customer service: A 24-hour live chat option isn’t offered by every bookmaker. You will find BetUK are very helpful whenever you make contact.
- Good range of boxing events covered: BetUK cover a range of bouts in different weight divisions in the UK and around the world.
- Functional, user-friendly website: BetUK have struck the balance between appealing and functional with their website.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Boxing
Bettors have many factors to evaluate when looking for a boxing betting site. The bookie must be well regulated and trustworthy. The quality of odds offered are vital along with the design and feel of the website, promotions, in-play betting, live streaming and the quality and accessibility of customer service. To be considered one of the best boxing betting sites, bookmakers must rate highly in all of these areas.
Chris Sampson: Firstly, the company must be trustworthy, and deposits and withdrawals must be straightforward. The boxing odds must be competitive, and I am looking for the bookie to cover a wide range of bouts. Additional betting options, such as live betting, round betting and method of victory are important. All but the best boxing betting sites only have the fight result for most events. Also future bets and specials related to boxing along with promos are key points to look at.
Compare the best Boxing betting sites of 2023
Boxing is a popular sport for UK bettors. There are a number of interesting bouts due to take place, with the potential for more to be arranged across different weight categories. The best bookie for any sport comes down to the individual bettor, however, we have compared the best boxing betting sites in order to help you make your choice:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|William Hill||4.7/5||Futures bets and boxing specials||Full review|
|BoyleSports||4.7/5||Quality odds||Full review|
|bet365||4.6/5||Range of betting options||Full review|
|Unibet||4.6/5||In-play betting||Full review|
How to choose the best site for you
Identifying the best boxing betting sites isn’t an easy task with so many options out there. You can only get a real idea of what works for you by trying sites out and extensively researching their promotions.
When looking at boxing online betting sites, these seven points are important to keep in mind:
- Safety is vital: To keep your cash and data safe, you should always play on licensed and secure betting sites.
- Box clever with welcome offers: Not all welcome offers are the same. Each punter has different betting habits and will value different things when signing up to a new bookie, so make sure you find a site with a welcome offer which suits you.
- Analyse their boxing prices: Before jumping in, have a look through the boxing markets to get a feel for the value on offer. All punters want the best odds. It is worth comparing between sportsbooks to see which have the most competitive prices.
- Consider payment and banking options: Making sure you can deposit and withdraw money safely and quickly is very important. It is worth seeing which bookies offer certain payment methods and comparing the fees involved and timescale for receiving your winnings.
- Reputable and reliable bookies are worth it: Some bookmakers have a better reputation than others. The best boxing betting sites will retain customers through the quality of their service, customer support and integrity.
- Bet on the move: Mobile apps are a huge part of the bookmakers’ offering. Being able to scroll through odds, live stream and contact customer service through your phone or tablet is useful.
- Try signing up: Registration with a new bookmaker should be a quick, smooth and straightforward process. The only way to get a feel of a betting site is to sign up yourself and look at what they can offer. Most trusted bookies require you to provide documentation to verify your account as part of their Know Your Customer (KYC) scheme.
Betting on Boxing explained
Betting on boxing is a popular choice among UK bettors. Punters can find betting options on all of the big bouts across all of the weight categories and across men’s and women’s boxing.
Boxing odds are calculated on the probability of something happening. In a bout boxer number one could win, boxer number two could win or the fight could be declared a draw. Generally, if you add up the percentage probability of each of the three possible outcomes you can determine whether the odds are good value. Naturally the three percentages should make 100, however, that would leave the bookie without profit. What is a fair margin varies from sport to sport, however in boxing the bookies who offer the best odds usually average around 108 (92% payout). Obviously the best bookies also offer odds for method of victory (KO, Stoppage, unanimous decision, split decision) and round betting.
Just like selecting your preferred bookmaker, there is a lot to consider when making boxing picks. Recent form, injuries, type of opponent suited to each boxer, previous records all have to be taken into consideration.
Types of Boxing bets
Boxing bettors have never had more options available. Punters can bet on the outright winner, who will win each round, total rounds in the bout, method of victory, timing of victory, whether the fight will go the distance and knockdowns.
This is a bet on an event which is often some way down the line. Punters often bet on boxers to win a world title by a certain date, or make early bets on fights months in advance, sometimes before an exact date has been agreed.
Simply a bet on the result of the fight.
Over/Under (Total) bets
Betting the over/under in a bout means you are wagering on how many rounds there will be.
As it sounds, double chance betting involves predicting two of the three possible outcomes in a boxing match. This is not commonly offered.
Parlay: A parlay involves more than one wager combined together for greater odds. You can place a same game boxing parlay — multiple events from one matchup — or alternatively, events across multiple games. Comprising three doubles and a treble, a Trixie is three selections and four bets. At least two of the selections must land to guarantee a payout. These bets are only widely available in the most popular boxing matches.
Accumulators, where punters try to match a number of results, are becoming more popular in boxing betting.
The obvious risk is that all the bets have to win for the bettor to receive a payout. However, some bookmakers, offer accumulator insurance so if one of your selections (minimum five selections) lets you down you will receive your stake back as a free bet.
Handicap betting helps punters get better odds if a bout appears to be one-sided, however, this is not commonplace in boxing.
Lots of boxing bettors enjoy the excitement of live betting as the action unfolds. Bettors can follow the action then use their judgement to place bets as the fight progresses. Live streaming has made this more popular.
Boxing betting strategies
It is important to do some background research before making your wager. Look into form, injuries, fighter’s styles, strengths and weaknesses and past records. Try to apply your knowledge and understanding of the sport to your selections. Look at the types of bets you prefer and develop your own strategy. Above all, gamble responsibly and make it fun.
Popular Boxing events to bet on
Boxing is a popular sport with UK punters. The following events and types of fight capture the imagination.
- World Title Fights: Each of the four major governing bodies have world titles for each weight category. Obviously fights where a title is on the line are of great importance and are attractive to punters. Other title fights, for instance at European or national level are also popular among bettors.
- British boxing: Obviously in the UK there is great interest in the domestic boxing scene and UK fighters who begin to make an impact in Europe or globally are of great interest to British boxing fans and bettors.
- International boxing: UK bettors have flocked to back international superstars of boxers down the years, including Muhammad Ali, Floyd Mayweather Junior and Mike Tyson.
- Olympic Games and Commonwealth Games: The best amateur boxers are showcased at these two multi-sport global events. Many professional world champions such as Lennox Lewis and Anthony Joshua have medaled at the Olympics
- Celebrity and YouTube boxing: Many bouts have been set up between YouTube stars and between sports performers from other disciplines. Whatever the purists think, these bouts attract punters.
Popular Boxing Divisions to bet on
Professional boxing matches are based on different weight class divisions. While many boxing weight classes exist, most focus on the more popular ones. Betting.com breaks down two of the most popular weight class divisions in professional boxing.
- Heavyweight: The boxing division is best known for legendary boxers like Muhammad Ali and Lennox Lewis. Heavyweight fighters like Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk now lead the heavyweight division in professional boxing.
- Lightweight: The lightweight boxing division features some of the most exciting fighters. Devin Haney, Gervonta “Tank” Davis, and Ryan Garcia are just a few of the stars in the lightweight boxing division