Our Choice For The Best Football Betting Sites in 2023
- bet365 – Excellent in-play betting and live streaming for football.
- betfred – Great football bet builder
- 888Sport – Huge variety of football markets
- Betway – Superb football promotions
- BetUK – Great value odds on football.
Since its inception back in 2000, bet365 has firmly established itself as a major player in the betting industry, in the UK and around the world. The company are well established, well-regulated and trustworthy. The website and app are easy to use. They are a market leader in most of the services they offer. Not surprisingly, it ranks as one of the best football betting sites in the UK.
A quality all-round bookmaker and a quality football betting site, bet365 offer a range of football markets, both pre-match and in-play, live streaming and competitive odds.
Why we like Bet365:
Bet365 provides outstanding levels of security and usability for customers along with consistently competitive odds on the majority of sports, including football. The bookie has a huge range and depth of football markets. They have a great in-play section, complimented by live streaming of many leagues.
|Well established, trustworthy and well regulated.It makes responsible gambling a priority.|
Huge variety of football markets.
Consistent and competitive odds.
Great football bet builder available to customise your wager.
|Many football promotions are only aimed at new customers.|
What Bet365 offers you
- Great variety of markets: This is one reason bet365 has an edge over many rivals, the bookie covers over 130 different leagues around the world, plus international matches. Punters have a range of options to bet on. Player props and match stats are available as well as the result.
- Quality of odds: bet365 consistently produce good quality, competitive odds. The bookie’s average odds for the Bundesliga are the best in the UK. For three football matches in the FA Cup, the Premier League and the SPL bet365 had an average payout of 94.4%.
- Excellent in-play betting with live streaming: bet365 offer plenty of in-play markets in football. This means as you watch the action and get a feel of how the match is going, you can act on your instincts and place a bet. This service is often complimented by live streaming.
- Great bet builder: Customise your bets with bet365’s football bet builder
- Good reputation for customer service: Bet365 has one of the better customer service teams in the sports betting industry with different options when contacting them.
Betfred has become one of the UK’s most popular betting sites since its online launch in 2004, providing greater presence for a company that already had 1,600 high-street betting shops. Betfred is one of the most popular bookmakers for football betting and offers punters numerous options. There are markets on all the top leagues and competitions, including the Premier League, and there are also more niche tournaments and leagues from across the globe.
Betfred have an excellent range of football markets, a great football bet builder and a fantastic in-play section, putting them comfortably among the UK’s best football betting websites.
Why we like Betfred:
Betfred cover a range of leagues with impressive depth. Their excellent football bet builder, #PickYourPunt allows you to customise your bet. There are many options to choose from, but if you can’t find the bet you want you can tweet @Betfred with your bet along with #PickYourPunt. One of Betfred’s strongest features is the In-play betting option that is easy to use, and every punter should consider the site when betting on football. Betfred also offers an enticing £40 in bonuses to new customers – one of the best sign-up offers of any bookmaker.
|Well established, trustworthy and well regulated.It makes responsible gambling a priority.|
Huge variety of football markets.
Many promotions specific to football.
Great football bet builder available to customise your wager (#PickYourPunt)
Great in-play football betting
|While odds are consistent and fair, they are not up there with the best|
What Betfred offers you
- Brilliant football promotions: You will also find that most Betfred promotions are focused on football, with unique offerings such as Double Delight and Hat-trick Heaven, both of which are available pre-match and in-play. Place a first goal scorer bet with Betfred on selected football matches including the Premier League and if your player scores a second goal, they’ll double your first scorer price, if he gets a hat-trick, they’ll treble the odds. As ever, we recommend that you study the terms and conditions. .
- Cash out and partial cash out feature: You can take full control of your bets with Betfred’s Cash Out and Partial Cash Out features. Secure your winnings on single and multiple bets before your bet has settled by heading to the ‘Cash Out’ tab on the right-hand side of the page. B
- Football bet builder markets: Betfred’s Bet Builder is in the form of #PickYourPunt, a feature that combines bet building with bet customisation. Customers can “build” their own bets, combining a range of markets to create their own unique wager. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, tweet Betfred with the hashtag #PickYourPunt to get your bet priced.
- In-play betting: Betfred offer some of their best football promotions, such as double delight and hat-trick heaven as in-play options.
- Betfred Blog: Betfred has a great blog with plenty of football related articles and tips.
888sport is one of the most underrated of all online bookmakers and is still constantly improving. Various football markets are being added daily as the site continues to grow into one of the best football betting sites around. It has some great markets available for issues surrounding the game, such as “new manager odds”.
888Sport has great range and depth to its football markets, offering many betting options on matches, leagues and competitions, and issues surrounding the game.
Why we like 888Sport:
888sport have a large range of football markets. They offer many betting options for individual matches in a huge variety of leagues and competitions, outright winner odds, promotion and relegation odds and odds on issues within the game, such as new managerial appointments. They also offer competitive odds and a variety of football related promos.
|Established gambling company 888 Holdings launched 888sport in 2008. It is trustworthy and well regulated.|
It makes responsible gambling a priority.
Huge variety of football markets
Football bet builder available to customise your wager.
Competitive odds-on football.
|Live streaming can be limited|
What 888Sport offers you
- In-play football betting: Football is the most popular in-play market covered by 888sport. It is well presented, with extra information such as attacks and shots on target to help keep you up to speed with the game, therefore helping you to make more informed choices. The in-play section covers many markets, and the odds are competitive.
- Favourable sign-up offer and football related promos: Use the 888Sport sign-up code to receive £30 in free bets if you wager £10. An example of a football related promo is a £5 free football bet (in-play) when you make a £5 pre-match bet.
- Competitive odds on football: 888Sport offer punters attractive and competitive football odds. For three football matches from the Premier League, The FA Cup and the SPL 888sport averaged a 93.4% payout.
- Huge range of football markets: Like its competitors 888sport covers all the top leagues around Europe, including the Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1, plus the big leagues in South America, the United States, Asia and Africa. It also covers some of the lesser-known competitions – such as second and third divisions in countries worldwide – that some bookies may not have available. Cup competitions such as the Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup and international competitions such as the Euros and World Cup are well served.
Founded in 2006, Betway are one of the UK’s leading betting companies. They are well regulated and boast an excellent sportsbook, exciting promotions, generous offers and top-level security. They are one of the best football betting sites around, boasting an extensive range of markets and many football related promotions. They are currently high profile within football, providing sponsorship for Premier League side West Ham United.
Boosted odds and superb promotions underline Betway’s excellent football betting service.
Why we like Betway:
Betway has promotions for both regular and new customers, presented on a website which is clean, easy to navigate and smooth-running. Betway cover a vast array of leagues and competitions around the world, making it one of the best football betting sites in the UK in terms of range. There are many promotions focused on football. For example the welcome bonus offers to give you a £30 free bet matched if your first football accumulator loses.
|Well established, trustworthy and well regulated.It makes responsible gambling a priority.|
Excellent mobile app.
Huge variety of football markets.
Attractive football promotions.
Consistent and competitive odds
.Football bet builder available to customise your wager.
Excellent blog with great football content
|Although the FAQ section is robust, a better customer service system is needed. Only contact is on Live Chat.|
In-play football markets not quite as extensive as competitors.
What Betway offers you
- Great football bet builder: Betway has a Bet Builder, which is usually available with every football event, enabling you to create your own bet. Punters can make multiple selections from the most popular markets (goals, cards, corners, etc.) to make one bet. The sportsbook’s #BetYourWay allows you to make bet requests via Twitter using the aforementioned hashtag. Betway will price up your desired bet, which you should be able to access under the #BetYourWay tab on the selected event.
- Free Bet Club: Opt in to Betway’s Free Bet Club and you can earn £15 in free bets each week if you meet the qualifying criteria.
- Quality football odds: Betway offer punters attractive odds for football. For three matches from the Premier League, the FA Cup and the SPL Betway averaged a 94.5% payout.
- Superb football promotions: When it comes to football promotions, the bookie’s ‘4 to Score’ offer provides Punters with the chance to win up to £50,000 should they correctly predict the first goal scorer in four selected matches. Another attractive football promotion is their ACCA offer for new customers, where they match your bet of £30 if your first Football Acca losses. Be sure to check it out and claim your £30 after the qualifying bet is settled.
BetUK is a very prominent UK sportsbook with a wide variety of sports markets. The company was founded in 2012, making it one of the latest UK-licensed online bookmakers. Most of our other picks for the best football betting sites have been established for longer. However, we like the fresh approach and feel of BetUK and in terms of football, it is up there with the best sportsbooks. It gives the chance to bet on football leagues throughout the world, and this, along with a variety of betting options, make it one of the best football betting sites in the UK.
BetUK gives the chance to bet on football leagues throughout the world and regularly offers good quality odds.
Why we like BetUK:
The betting market selection at BetUK is huge, especially in football. There can be a hundred selections per event, putting it comfortably among the best football betting sites in terms of variety. This includes a huge range of leagues across the globe, as well as betting on individual players (cards, goals, assists etch), both pre-match and in-play. BetUK offer some of the best football odds around, giving punters great value.
|Although new BetUK is trustworthy and well regulated. It makes responsible gambling a priority.|
Great odds-on football.
Huge variety of football marketsF
ootball bet builder available to customise your wager.
Boosted odds on Man City matches
|No live streaming for football.|
What BetUK offers you
- Man City Profit Boost Promo: BetUK have a partnership with Manchester City and through this offer a promotion which can boost your winnings. Simply place a bet of £20+ on any Man City game. If it comes in, the bookie will increase your winnings by 10% up to £200!
- Great odds: BetUK consistently offer good and attractive odds in football. We looked at the odds offered for the match result of three fixtures, from the FA Cup, The Premier League and the SPL. BetUK had an average payout of 94.6%.
- Football bet builder: There is an easy-to-use bet builder, consistent with the other best football betting sites, allowing you to combine different markets within a match.
- Acca Club: BetUK has an Acca club which can score you free bets and profit boosts
- Cash out feature: BetUK has a cash out feature available on football bets, which enables you to take control if and leave with your winnings when things are going well. Alternatively, you can cut your losses if a bet looks like losing.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Football
Bettors have many factors to weigh up when looking for a football betting site. The bookie must prove themselves to be reputable, trustworthy and properly regulated. The quality of odds offered are of great importance along with the design and feel of the website, promotions, in-play betting, live streaming and the quality and accessibility of customer service. To be ranked among the best football betting sites, bookmakers must rate highly in all of these areas.
Chris Sampson: I am looking for football betting sites in the UK to offer good quality odds, a large range of markets and promotions available throughout the year. Websites should be responsive and easy to use on both the desktop and the app. The company must be trustworthy and deposits and withdrawals must be straightforward and prompt.
Compare the best Football betting sites of 2023
Football is undoubtedly one of the most popular sports to bet on in Britain. Therefore it is an area which all of the leading bookmakers focus on, leaving punters with many options regarding promotions and offers.
Selecting the best football betting site in 2023 is about looking at the whole service that each bookie provides for the sport. It will also come down to personal preference of punters and areas which the individuals prioritise. We’ve compared the top football betting sites:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Sign-up Bonus||Full Review|
|Bet365||4.8/5||Excellent in-play betting and live streaming for football.||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Full bet365 Review|
|Betfred||4.6/5||Great football bet builder||Get £40 in bonuses when you stake £10||Full Betfred Review|
|888Sport||4.7/5||Huge Variety of football markets||Bet £10 get £30 in free bets plus a £10 casino bonus|
|Betway||4.7/5||Superb football promotions||£30 Matched Free Bet||Full Betway Review|
|BetUK||4.6/5||Great value odds on football||Bet £10, Get £30 in free bets||Full BetUK Review|
How to choose the best site for you
Identifying the best football betting sites isn’t an easy task with so many options out there. You can only get a real idea of what works for you by trying sites out and extensively researching their promotions.
When looking at football online betting sites, these seven points are important to keep in mind:
- Safety comes first: To keep your cash and data safe, you should always play on licensed and secure betting sites. Check out licensing information on the bookmaker’s web page.
- Compare welcome offers: Not all welcome offers are the same. Each punter has different betting habits and will value different things when signing up to a new bookie, so make sure you find a site with a welcome offer which suits you. If you are mainly looking to bet on football some sportsbooks will have football specific welcome offers.
- Analyse their football prices: All bettors want the best odds. It is worth comparing sportsbooks to see which have the most competitive prices. Check out who offers the best value on specific leagues and competitions, and compare bookmaker’s odds over three matches to evaluate their consistency.
- Consider payment and banking options: Ensuring you can deposit and withdraw money safely and quickly is vital. It is worth seeing which bookies offer certain payment methods and comparing the fees involved and timescale for receiving your winnings.
- Your bookie should be established and trusted : The best football betting sites will retain customers through the quality of their odds and markets, their integrity and their levels of customer care. You must feel secure when placing your bets.
- Betting on the move: Mobile apps are now a major part of the gambling industry. Being able to scroll through odds, live stream and contact customer service through your phone or tablet is vital to football fans placing bets when travelling to and from matches.
- Try signing up: Registration with a new bookmaker should be a quick, smooth and straightforward process. The only way to get a feel of a betting site is to sign up yourself and look at what they can offer. Most trusted bookies require you to provide documentation to verify your account as part of their Know Your Customer (KYC) scheme.
Betting on Football explained
Football is currently the most popular sport to bet on in the UK. Bookmakers have responded to this, with the best football betting sites offering world-wide markets in popular and obscure leagues alike. As well as betting on outright winners and results, betting on statistics and player props is becoming a popular option for football bettors.
The best football betting sites in the UK will display odds for many different markets. Firstly you will find odds for the outright winner of leagues and cups. These will change on an almost daily basis due to results, form, and, in cup competitions, the draw. Each match will display odds for the result (home win, away win, draw). Again these will move as things change (injuries, suspensions etc.) in the build up to the game. Generally if you add up the percentage probability of each of the three possible outcomes you can determine whether the odds are good value. Naturally the three percentages should make 100, however, that would leave the bookie without profit. What is a fair margin varies from sport to sport, however in football 110 and under is considered fair, while the bookies who offer the best football odds usually average around 105 (95% payout). Within each match you can find other markets to bet on such as exact score, goal scorers, number of corners or cards, result at half time etc.
Just like selecting your preferred bookie, there is a lot to consider when making football picks. Recent form, injuries, suspensions, upcoming fixtures and style of play/characteristics of the teams are all important factors.
Types of Football bets
Football bettors have never had more options available. Punters can, for example, bet on outright winners, match results, player props and match stats. Accas and multiples are very popular. Bettors pick a number of games to predict the result from, with, for example, odds given for selecting four out of four correct results
This is a bet on an event which is often some way down the line. Punters often bet on outright winners (the winner of a competition, for example Premier League, Champions League). Variations of this can include betting on which teams will finish in the top four of the Premier League, or which teams will be relegated from the Championship. Bets such as this can be made on individual players too, for example top goal scorer in the SPL.
For an individual match punters bet on which team will win, or whether the game will end as a draw. An extension of this is betting on a specific result (Manchester City to win 2-1) or betting on both teams to score (Newcastle United to win, both teams to score).
Over/Under (Total) bets
Betting the over/under in a match simply means you are wagering on how many goals will be scored overall, NOT how many one team will score, nor who will win. So for example you might bet that Arsenal v Spurs will have under 3.5 goals, or you may wager that Real Madrid v Sevilla will have over 3.5 goals in total.
As it sounds, double chance betting involves predicting two of the three possible outcomes in a soccer match. In any game you will have three double chance options: Team 1 win + draw (e.g. Nottingham Forest and draw). Team 2 win + draw (e.g. Newcastle United FC and draw). Team 1 or Team 2 win (e.g. Nottingham Forest or Newcastle United win).
Parlay: A parlay involves more than one wager combined together for greater odds. You can place a same game Premier League parlay — multiple events from one matchup — or alternatively, events across multiple games. Comprising three doubles and a treble, a Trixie is three selections and four bets. At least two of the selections must land to guarantee a payout.
As stated earlier accumulators, where punters try to match a number of results, are hugely popular in football betting. Accumulators combine multiple selections into one bet and are among the most popular forms of betting on football. This is because they offer the potential reward of big returns for small stakes as the winnings from each selection are placed on the next one.
The obvious risk is that all the bets have to win for the bettor to receive a payout. However, some bookmakers, offer accumulator insurance so if one of your selections (minimum five selections) lets you down you will receive your stake back as a free bet.
Handicap betting helps punters get better odds if a game appears to be one-sided.
Prop markets are becoming more common, and they allow customers to bet on anything that may unfold during a game. This can include the number of passes, tackles and shots by individual players as well as the amount of free kicks, goal kicks or throw-ins in a fixture.
Common prop bets include:
First team to score
Which team will score last
Anytime goal scorer
Player to score 2+/hat-trick
First player to be shown a card
Number of shots a player will have
Depending on the bookie, there may be options to include props in a mixed parlay. Many bookmakers have football bet builders and the option to tweet your customised bets to the bookie to get odds quoted.
Prop markets become more limited with smaller games and less popular leagues.
Lots of football bettors enjoy the excitement of live betting as the match flows. Bettors can follow the action then use their judgement to place bets as the game unfolds. Live-streaming has made this more popular. Bookmakers offer several markets, such as the next goal scorer, which team will win the next corner or throw-in, or who will be the next player to be shown a yellow card.
There are also many “specials” markets, including those for managers and transfers in which you can place bets on bosses to leave their jobs or be sacked and players to join other clubs
Football betting strategies
It is important to do some background research before making your wager. Look into form, injuries, styles of play and upcoming fixtures. Also look into what a team’s priorities are for the season. For example a Premier League team struggling against relegation is unlikely to field it’s strongest team against a team from the Championship or League One in the FA Cup. Therefore an upset might be more likely and you just might get attractive odds. Try to apply your knowledge and understanding of the game to your selections. Look at the types of bets your prefer, accas, prop markets, moneyline etc. and develop your own strategy. Above all, gamble responsibly, make it fun, and understand that one of the reasons we love football is it’s unpredictable nature.
Popular Football events to bet on
Football bettors have never had more choice in terms of leagues and competitions to bet on. Second tier games in Romania are available with some bookies, along with the upper tiers of non-league football in the English game. However, it is the Premier League, the Championship, the UEFA Champions League, major European leagues and international tournaments which are the most popular among punters.
- Premier League: Founded in 1992-93, the English top-flight has become the world’s most popular domestic league, which is reflected by the significant number of punters who bet on it weekly.
- English Cup Competitions: The FA Cup, the most famous cup competition in the world has a tradition of producing upsets and holds huge interest among punters. The EFL cup, considered a major trophy, is also popular.
- The Championship: England’s highly competitive second tier attracts a large amount of punters. Bets are regularly made as part of accas and the competitive nature of the league means that many watch the action with interest and enjoy having a punt. The play-off system ensures that even those in midtable have something to play for, therefore something worth betting on, deep into the season.
- League One and League Two: England’s third and fourth tiers also attract punters. Both of these divisions have promotion play offs and offer plenty of betting options
- SPL: Scottish football is a popular market with UK bettors. The huge fan bases of Celtic and Rangers ensure that the interest in these markets extends far beyond Scotland.
- La Liga: Traditionally dominated by Real Madrid and Barcelona, Spain’s top division has been home to some of the world’s best players. It has long provided interest for UK bettors, and the emergence of Atletico Madrid as challengers to the big two, and the success of other Spanish clubs, such as Sevilla, in European competitions has further increased the league’s popularity among punters.
- Serie A: The world’s leading league until the 1990s, Italy’s top competition is still a favourite among students of football and gamblers alike.
- Bundesliga: The fast-paced football in Germany’s top-flight boasts the highest average crowds of any league and it attracts many UK-based bettors.
- Champions League, Europa League, Europa Conference League: The three major European club competitions have provided plenty of interest for English clubs and UK bettors.
- International tournaments: The World Cup, European Championship, Africa Cup of Nations, Copa America and others provide global interest and offer many options for football bettors.