One of the biggest bookmakers in the world, Bet365 is renowned for its comprehensive coverage of a huge range of sports, including golf.
- Bet Boost
- Live Golf Tracker
- Up to 12 places paid out
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
You will find stacks of Bet Boost markets at Bet365 before and during the US Open Golf.
Why we like Bet365
The Bet365 Bet Boost covers all manner of wagers, from boosted trebles to enhanced prices. Their Live Golf Tracker makes it easy to keep up with the action throughout the weekend. Bet365 often pays out extra places on major golf events, too.
What Bet365 offers you
- Bet Boost: Find the Bet365 Bet Boost section at the top of the golf page. They boost various different wagers, including outright picks and trebles of players to make the cut.
- Live Golf Tracker: Use the Live Golf Tracker to follow selected players during the US Open. Information is available for every shot they play.
- Extra places for US Open: Bet365 frequently pays out extra places on golf. The US Open is no exception.
- Outright specials: You have a selection of golf outright specials to choose from at Bet365.
A bookmaker which has operated under various guises since being founded in the 1940s, BetVictor has been known by its current name since 2012.
- Trending bets
- Odds available well in advance on US Open
- Reputation for high golf prices
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 2x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. Please gamble responsibly
The trending bets feature is a handy tool to see what others are betting on at the US Open.
Why we like BetVictor
Discover what others are wagering on and prepare for odds to move with BetVictor’s trending bets feature. There is plenty of time to get your wagers in thanks to how early they put their golf odds up on the site. Prices are generally very competitive.
What BetVictor offers you
- Trending bets: Scroll to the bottom of BetVictor’s golf page to see which bets are trending. This could help inform your betting decisions.
- Early US Open odds: BetVictor makes its golf odds live earlier than many of their peers. You have plenty of time to find value.
- High golf prices: You will often find BetVictor ranks favourably when comparing their golf prices.
- Loyalty Club: Opt in to the BetVictor Loyalty Club and you could land a free bet of up to £25 every week.
BoyleSports is a highly regarded Irish bookmaker with a considerable high-street presence. They have evolved from a successful in-person bookie to become recognised as one of the best US Open betting sites in the UK.
- Excellent outright prices
- Pick Your Own Extra Places
- Head-to-head betting
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Account & Payment method restrictions apply. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. T&Cs apply. T&Cs apply.
Outright betting at BoyleSports comes out very well when prices are compared with their rivals.
Why we like BoyleSports
Odds comparison sites show BoyleSports to have superb outright betting prices for the US Open. You are granted flexibility through being able to pick how many extra places you want to cover. Their head-to-head betting gives you a different way to approach US Open betting.
What BoyleSports offers you
- High outright odds: When looking to place an outright bet on the US Open Golf, Boyle Sports frequently pops up with the best value.
- Pick Your Own Extra Places: Choose whether you want to have six, eight, 10 or 12 places covered. Boyle Sports gives you the choice with this system, which is almost unique.
- Mythical two-ball markets: The mythical two-ball markets enable punters to pit golfers against each other. This can be a good way to unlock some value.
- Live shot tracker: Follow all the latest US Open action with Boyle Sports’ live shot track.
Having been established in 1902, Ladbrokes is a true veteran of sports betting in the UK.
- Tonnes of golf specials
- Strong live streaming package
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 4x £5 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions + T&Cs apply.
Ladbrokes provides a catalogue of golf specials for punters to get stuck into.
Why we like Ladbrokes
You can often find unique wagers to back at Ladbrokes thanks to their array of special markets. If you’re still on the search for something else, #GetAPrice can be useful. Their live streaming is reliable, and covers a lot of golf.
What Ladbrokes offers you
- US Open specials: You will discover all sorts of interesting bets in the Ladbrokes specials section. There are plenty to choose from in the week leading up to and during the US Open.
- #GetAPrice: Contact Ladbrokes with #GetAPrice to get some odds on your own specific wager. Other #GetAPrice bets are viewable on their website, too.
- Live streaming: Follow the action live on Ladbrokes’ live streaming platform.
- In-play: Bet live on the US Open with Ladbrokes’ popular in-play betting console. Numerous markets are available as the players work their way through the 18 holes.
SpreadEx came onto the UK scene as a spread betting platform at the turn of the century. It has since added a fixed-odds sportsbook, which is up there with Britain’s best and offers great value for Golf bettors. They provide great coverage of the US Open.
- Easy to switch to spread betting
- Competitive prices
- Early outright odds available
Place a £25 fixed odds single bet at min. odds of 1/2 and get 5 x £5 free fixed odds single bets, as well as 2 x £5 free totals goals bets, 2 x £5 winning favourite bets, and 50 free spins on Starburst. Free bets applied to account on consecutive days. 18+ begambleaware.org T&Cs apply.
SpreadEx offer golf punters flexibility, aloowing them to switch to spread betting or to stay with the fixed odds platform, with a range of markets available for both.
Why we like SpreadEx
If outright betting is of interest, SpreadEx is a bookmaker to consider. They make odds available plenty of time before the start of the US Open, allowing you to analyse odds movement and monitor the form of the players. It is easy it is to move between spread betting and fixed odds, giving punters greater flexibility.
What SpreadEx offers you
- Early outright odds: There’s no waiting around for odds at SpreadEx. Their outright markets are released in advance of the golf majors getting underway, including, obviously, the US Open. They are also quite quick for other PGA tour events.
- Spread betting and fixed odds betting: It is a smooth process to move between spread betting and fixed odds at SpreadEx. You can easily compare the odds and markets.
- Competitive golf odds: SpreadEx often comes out favourably when its odds are compared with other leading bookmakers.
- Bonus for referrals: Refer a friend to SpreadEx and you could receive a free bet of £100.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on US Open
Choosing the best US Open betting sites can be a daunting process. Bookies throw a lot at punters to weigh up. It is helpful to have a few key areas to focus on.
Sam Cox: In my opinion, leading bookmakers should pay out several extra places for the US Open. Special markets are also valuable for punters to give them options during the four days of action.
Compare the best US Open betting sites of 2023
It might not be quite as prestigious as the Masters or British Open, but the US Open is still an event which attracts fans from all over the world. Millions tune in and many of those will be interested in placing a wager, too. As a result, bookies go all-out to try and gain new customers.
We have narrowed down a shortlist of the best US Open betting sites – here’s a quick-fire comparison:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|Bet365||4.6/5||Boosted US Open odds||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
We have laid the foundation for you to settle on your favourite US Open bookmaker. It is important you conduct your own research before making a final decision, however.
So, here are seven criteria to keep in mind.
- Licences are a must: Safety is paramount when betting online. The best way to be confident that your data is protected is to only wager on licensed betting sites.
- Research welcome deals: Every bookmaker provides you with a welcome offer. They are not always appropriate for every punter, though, so check the terms and see if it fits with your betting habits and stakes.
- Look up US Open odds: Look for the latest US Open odds at a bookmaker. The range of markets and value of prices are both important.
- Check payment options: Being able to quickly deposit and withdraw your cash is vital. Make sure there are no hidden fees to shave off some of your winnings.
- Read reviews: Reputations are important in sports betting. Read up what others have said about the experience with a bookmaker.
- Download their app: Check the app on your preferred device to see if it matches up with the desktop experience. Make sure the same promotions and features are available on mobile.
- Time to sign up: Once you think you have reached a conclusion, it is time to sign up with the bookmaker. The registration process can be a clear indication of what it would be like to regularly wager with that bookie.
Betting on US Open explained
Betting on the US Open has changed considerably over the event’s long history. Interest in the US Open has remained significant over the period of its existence, and punters have more options than ever if they want to have a punt during the four days of action.
US Open odds are available throughout the year. Outright markets at the best US Open betting sites in the UK will go live soon after the previous event has finished. Keep your eyes peeled for promos picking up in the build up to the weekend.
Making US Open picks requires some analysis. You want to research how players have been performing recently. It is vital to gain an understanding for how they have fared at previous Majors, and see if they have a track record at that year’s US Open course.
Types of US Open bets
The types of US Open bets will be very familiar to regular golf punters. These markets will all be available at the best US Open betting sites in 2023.
Betting on the winner is as simple as it sounds. You pick which player you are backing to win the event and your bet is marked as a winner if they lift the trophy at the end of the fourth round.
You can wager on each round of the US Open. For instance, the best US Open betting sites will allow you to bet on which player will be leading at the end of the first round.
Player-specific markets vary between bookmakers. These can be very in-depth, and might include markets like the winning margin for a specific player or whether they will make the cut.
Each-way betting is popular in golf. This is effectively a place bet and an overall winner bet combined. Your bet will be a winner if your pick finishes inside a certain number of places.
US Open betting strategies
You need to commit some time to develop your own US Open betting strategy. Bettors will value different elements when deciding on their picks, but it is always helpful to learn about player form and their history at Majors. Some elevate their performances for the big events, while others have a track record of disappointing when the pressure is greatest.
Get to know more about US Open to bet smarter
First played in 1895, the US Open is the third of golf’s four major events. It features on both the European Tour and PGA Tour. Scheduled in mid-June every year, the final round is scheduled to take place on the third Sunday of the month, providing no weather delays disrupt the event.
Unlike other Majors, the US Open rotates between venues. No course has held the competition more than nine times. The purse of $17.5 million is the largest of the four Majors, with the 2022 winner pocketing over $3 million.
Willie Anderson, Bobby Jones, Ben Hogan and Jack Nicklaus are tied for the most victories at the US Open with four apiece. Phil Mickelson has had perhaps the most frustrating history at the event, finishing as runner-up on six occasions. Rory McIlroy holds the record for the lowest score over 72 holes, while Justin Thomas played the best 18-hole round in relation to par in 2017.
Who is the favourite to win the US Open in 2024?
Scottie Scheffler is the current favourite for the US Open Championship in 2024 ahead of Jon Rahm, Rory McIlroy and Brooks Koepka.
Who is competing at the US Open in 2024?
- Bryson DeChambeau
- Martin Kaymer
- Justin Rose
- Matt Fitzpatrick
- Brooks Koepka
- Jordan Spieth
- Dustin Johnson
- Jon Rahm
- Gary Woodland
- Keegan Bradley
- Hideki Matsuyama
- Collin Morikawa
- Joel Dahmen
- Denny McCarthy
- Scottie Scheffler
- Adam Hadwin
- Rory McIlroy
- Will Zalatoris
- Padraig Harrington
- Sam Bennett
- Ben Carr
- Ding Wenyi
- Matthew McClean
- Tiger Woods
- Phil Mickelson
- Justin Thomas
- Shane Lowry
- Francesco Molinari
- Cameron Smith
- Sam Burns
- Tom Hoge
- Lee Kyoung-hoon
- Scott Stallings
- Patrick Cantlay
- Max Homa
- Joaquin Niemann
- Sepp Straka
- Corey Conners
- Billy Horschel
- J.T. Poston
- Sahith Theegala
- Tony Finau
- Viktor Hovland
- Xander Schauffele
- Aaron Wise
- Brian Harman
- Im Sung-jae
- Adam Scott
- Cameron Young
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
12th May 2024 – Qualifying events begin
3rd June 2024 – Last qualifying events begin
13th June 2024 – Event starts
14th June 2024 – Second round and cut
15th June 2024 – Third round
16th June 2024 – Final round