Betway has established itself as the go-to cricket betting site for many punters. They have a strong reputation with regular and casual punters.
- Loads of IPL odds
- Great coverage of cricket as a whole
- IPL specials available
New UK customers only. Min Deposit: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. First bet on a Football or Horse Racing multiple with 3+ selections. Overall odds: 3.00 (2/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. This is offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 50 Bonus Spins credited on placement of qualifying Acca bet.50x bonus wagering applies as do weighting requirements, bonus Spins only available on selected games and expires 7 days after being awarded. Debit card deposits only (exclusions apply). 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way. Full terms apply.
Betway leads the way when it comes to the quantity of their cricket odds.
Why we like Betway
You will find it hard to pick holes in Betway’s IPL offering. Cricket is a priority for this bookmaker, which is reflected in an extensive selection of odds for the IPL and other major competitions. Specials are available well in advance of the tournament.
What Betway offers you
- Fantastic selection of odds: Cricket fans are spoilt for choice at Betway. Their coverage of the IPL is second to none, and they do not overlook the smaller tournaments around the world.
- IPL specials: Whether betting on the team to finish last, if there’s a tie in the tournament or how many sixes a player will hit, Betway has you covered with special markets.
- Free Bet Club: All punters like a free bet. The Betway Free Bet Club can reward you with £10 in free bets each week.
- Impressive design of website and app: Betway’s website and app are less chaotic than many of their competitors, and designed in a way which makes them easy to use.
Unibet has flourished since being founded in 2000. The Malta-based company has deservedly become known as one of the best IPL betting sites.
- Easily accessible IPL statistics
- IPL pre-tournament specials
- Excellent website design
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
All manner of IPL statistics are available through the Unibet website and app, making it easier for punters to research their wagers.
Why we like Unibet
You can quickly locate a lot of the data you need to make a betting decision at Unibet. For the IPL, they have head-to-head records, average scores and much more. Pre-tournament specials are available for punters to weigh up, too.
What Unibet offers you
- Tonnes of stats: Click the three bars next to the odds for a match and you will be taken to a page showing lots of statistics about the two teams.
- Outright options: Unibet is known for providing a healthy portion of outright betting options, and the IPL is no different.
- User-friendly website: It is hard to fault the Unibet website or app. The colour scheme is easy on the eye, and it is quick to load.
- Updated promotions: Unibet works hard to keep its promotions competitive. They update their promos on a regular basis.
Irish bookmaker BoyleSports has grown from a high-street stalwart to one of the more impressive IPL betting sites in 2023.
- Combined odds gives bettors more options
- Lots of payment options
- Good app
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Account & Payment method restrictions apply. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. T&Cs apply. T&Cs apply.
BoyleSports have a quality cricket offering and are particularly good for the IPL.
Why we like BoyleSports
The standout feature for BoyleSports’ IPL betting is being able to combine odds. Acca Loyalty is a useful touch for those wanting to string together a few IPL selections. New customers are met with a solid welcome offer to experiment with the site.
What BoyleSports offers you
- Combined odds on outright markets: You can combine numerous selections on IPL outright markets. This allows you to personalise your wager, and cover against multiple outcomes.
- Quick payments: With a significant list of payment methods, you can quickly process deposits and withdrawals at Boyle Sports.
- Well-received app: The Boyle Sports app has generally been positively reviewed by punters. It is functional without being too flashy.
- Superb customer service: You can access Boyle Sports customer service 24/7.
Bet365 is a giant of the sports betting industry. The Stoke-based bookmaker is known all over the world, and has established itself as one of the best IPL betting sites in the UK.
- Array of in-play betting options
- IPL Bet Boosts
- Cricket live streaming
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
In-play betting has long been a strength with Bet365 and that is a key component for IPL punters.
Why we like Bet365
Bet365’s quick-loading in-play interface is the best of the bunch. Their depth of IPL odds is impressive, whether placing a wager before the match or looking for value as the action unfolds. Their in-play betting is fantastic and plenty of cricket matches can be streamed live on the website or app throughout the year, too. They have plenty of betting options and player prop markets.
What Bet365 offers you
- Near-perfect in-play betting: Bet365 is probably your best option if you’re keen on in-play betting. Both the website and app are reliable and well-organised for live wagers.
- Bet Boosts on the IPL: You are met with a selection of Bet Boosts on most Bet365 betting pages. Look out for boosted IPL odds.
- Live cricket action: Select matches are live streamed on the Bet365 website. These will usually require a small qualifying wager.
- Widespread cricket coverage: If you want to delve into cricket betting beyond the IPL, Bet365 covers matches and tournaments from The Ashes to the Sheffield Shield and various other white-ball competitions.
Nearing its centenary, Coral excelled as an in-person bookmaker before expanding its operations online in 1997.
- Great in-play betting
- Player props available
- Odds boosts
18+ New UK+IRE Customers. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 1x £20 free bet. Free bet available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. for Horse Racing valid for 7 days. Restrictions + T&Cs apply
In-play is a real strength of Coral’s sports betting package, and makes it one of the top cricket betting sites.
Why we like Coral
Being able to bet in-play gives punters a lot more flexibility when wagering on cricket. Coral translates its above-average pre-match markets into an equally impressive collection of in-play markets.
What Coral offers you
- Options for live betting: If you fancy placing a wager once an IPL match is in progress, Coral is a good place to look. They have a huge variety of markets on their in-play pages.
- Good range of betting options: Punters have an impressive number of IPL markets to bet on.
- Improved prices with Odds Booster: The Odds Booster icon means some odds have been increased. If you are a regular punter at Coral, you will be used to looking out for those markets.
- Virtual sports: Virtual sports betting isn’t for everyone, but if you’d like to give it a go, Coral is one of the top bookmakers to try it out.
- Rock-solid reputation: Bookmakers don’t survive as long as Coral without a good reputation.
Only founded in 2015, Kwiff is battling for market share. They have expanded their product over the last few years, including a great cricket offering. They are one of the best IPL betting sites in the UK.
- Supercharged odds
- Live tracker
- Great in-play betting
New customers & 18+ only. Min. deposit of £10.
The promotion reward functions as a £30 Surprise Bet. Qualifying real money bet of £10. Min odds greater than or equal to 1.5 required. E/W bets excluded. Offer awarded immediately but could be issued the next working day in exceptional circumstances such as technical fault. Additional T&Cs apply. Please gamble responsibly. Full T&Cs
Don’t be fooled by Kwiff’s comparatively small reputation. This is a very good option when it comes to IPL online betting sites.
Why we like Kwiff:
You can take in as much information as you want through Kwiff’s website and app, particularly when it comes to live betting on the IPL. You can track the action ball-by-ball as you place your bets.Their supercharged odds are something to keep an eye on. Good customer service is always positive.
What Kwiff offers you
- Cricket action tracker: You can follow the IPL action live on the Kwiff website, with ball-by-ball updates illustrated on screen. In-game statistics are also available, along with scorecards and other data.
- Supercharged odds: Kwiff randomly supercharges odds, providing an element of excitement and some fun value wagers.
- User-friendly in-play wagering: Partly due to the live statistics, Kwiff ranks well for its in-play features and platform. You will find the website and app load quickly, allowing you to place bets in seconds.
Solid customer service: Punters are generally very positive about their interactions with kwiff’s customer service.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on the IPL
Just as bookies have a lot to take on board when trying to create the best IPL betting sites, punters have a raft of factors to evaluate, too. It takes a balanced viewpoint to land on the top bookmakers for IPL betting.
Sam Cox: In my opinion, a good IPL bookmaker needs to give both a selection of match markets and other outright options beyond tournament winner. Added points are available for bookies which give you cricket-specific promotions and provide data to aid your pre-wager research.
Compare the best IPL betting sites of 2023
The IPL is a lucrative, glitzy competition, which attracts bettors from all over the cricket-watching world. Punters will have very different interests when it comes to betting on the IPL.
Most of all, you want to be betting somewhere which is safe and provides high odds. Deciding on the best IPL betting sites in the UK goes much beyond that, however, so we have compared a few of the leading candidates:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|Betway||4.8/5||Range of cricket/IPL odds/markets||Review|
|Unibet||4,7/5||IPL specials/well presented stats||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
We have put the hours in to collect the strengths and weaknesses of the various IPL online betting sites. Reaching a conclusion to pick your favourite bookie is a personal choice, though, and it is best to do some research for yourself before committing.
To help you out, here are a few useful criteria:
- Check licensing: Safety is paramount when betting. You want to be certain your data and bank details are safe. Betting with a licensed bookmaker is vital, so check their licences before signing up.
- Learn about welcome offers: Some welcome offers will be better suited to your betting habits than others. Look at the qualifying requirements for a sign-up promotion to be sure it works with the stakes you are going to deposit.
- Compare IPL odds: Major bookmakers will cover the IPL, but some will have more odds than others. Have a look at the available markets and compare the prices.
- Evaluate payment options: If you have a preferred payment method in mind, read through how it works with the bookmaker. You want to stay away from fees for deposits and withdrawals. The best IPL betting sites will process deposits and withdrawals quickly.
- Read some reviews: Bookmakers rely on reputation. Researching what other punters make of the experience with the bookie is a great way to learn what it is like being a regular bettor with them.
- Get the app: Being able to bet on the move is helpful, particularly with IPL matches taking place during the daytime in the UK. Download the app and see if it’s something you’d be happy using frequently.
- Give signing up a go: If the general offering from a bookie is to your liking, it’s time to sign up and have a trial run.
Betting on the IPL explained
The IPL has a dedicated window of the cricketing calendar. Cricket fans in the UK can whet their appetite for the summer months by following the IPL in April and May.
Find IPL outright odds several weeks before the tournament begins. Individual match odds are up on the best IPL betting sites well in advance, giving you time to decide on your bets.
From the day the squads are confirmed, bettors will be trying to decide on their IPL picks.
Types of IPL bets
If you are a seasoned cricket bettor, you will know about the different types of IPL bets.
All of the best IPL betting sites will offer the match winner market. Some will include a potential super over in the wager.
Player of the Match
You can often place a wager on who you expect to win Player of the Match. You have to wait until after the match to find out if your bet has won.
Bookies will set a line for the number of boundaries hit by a player. For instance, if Jos Buttler’s line is 2.5, you can wager on him to hit over or under that figure. He would need to hit three boundaries for the over to be a winner.
Highest Opening Partnership
This is a simple wager on which teams will score the most runs before losing their first wicket.
IPL betting strategies
Give yourself time to develop your IPL betting strategy. Short-form cricket can be unpredictable, but there is also an immense amount of data out there to inform your IPL wagers. You can read preview pieces, analyse statistics and compare odds across bookmakers before placing your bet.
Get to know more about the IPL to bet smarter
The Indian Premier League (IPL) is a franchise T20 tournament featuring 10 teams. First held in 2008, the auction format was a game-changer for cricket around the world, and has since been adopted by numerous rival leagues.
It is the most popular cricket league on the planet, and regularly ranks among the most-watched sports leagues by average viewership. The tournament is carried out with a round robin group stage followed by playoffs.
Franchises have come and gone since the IPL was founded, with only five teams competing in every season.
England international Sam Curran is the most expensive player in IPL history. Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer and Jos Buttler are the three English players to win tournament MVP.
Who is the favourite to win the IPL in 2024?
The Chennai Super Kings are the favourites to win the 2024 IPL. The Gujarat Titans and the Mumbai Indians are nextin the latest IPL outright betting. The Super Kings are the current champions after defeating the Titans in the 2023 final.
Who is competing in the IPL in 2024?
- Chennai Super Kings
- Delhi Capitals
- Gujarat Titans
- Kolkata Knight Riders
- Lucknow Super Giants
- Mumbai Indians
- Punjab Kings
- Rajasthan Royals
- Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Sunrisers Hyderabad
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
- March 23 2024 – Tournament begins
- May 29 2024 – Final