SpreadEx offer spread betting as well as fixed odds. Their competitive odds make them a top site for Ascot betting.
- Competitive Ascot Odds
- Spread betting option
- Informative website
Place a £25 fixed odds single bet at min. odds of 1/2 and get 5 x £5 free fixed odds single bets, as well as 2 x £5 free totals goals bets, 2 x £5 winning favourite bets, and 50 free spins on Starburst. Free bets applied to account on consecutive days. 18+ begambleaware.org T&Cs apply.
SpreadEx gives great welcome bonuses and provide excellent odds throughout Royal Ascot.
Why we like SpreadEx:
SpreadEx offer punters great value thanks to their high odds. Promotions are easy to find and use, plus the website is hard to fault. The option to switch between spread betting and fixed odds is a nice bonus for some bettors, too.
What SpreadEx offers you
- Exceptional fixed Royal Ascot odds: When pitted against the more well-known names in the industry, SpreadEx’s odds often compare favourably.
- Informative website: You will find a lot of detail on a SpreadEx betting page, including form and weight.
- ‘2nd to a rag’ insurance: If your horse finishes second to a 33/1 or longer outsider, you will receive money back as a free bet.
- Spread betting available: Customers at SpreadEx can swirtch between spread betting and the sportsbook.
A brand recognised all over the world, Bet365 has a deserved reputation as one of the best Royal Ascot betting sites.
- Horse racing price promise
- Live alerts
- Bet Boost
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
Alongside the widespread Best Odds Guaranteed offer, Bet365 provide a price promise, making sure they have equal or better odds to many of their competitors.
Why we like Bet365
You can be confident you’re getting the best odds at Bet365 thanks to their Price Promise. Live alerts allow you to keep up to date with the latest races and updates. Their Bet Boost section provides enhanced odds to give you something extra to consider at Royal Ascot.
What Bet365 offers you
- Price Promise: Prices will be equal or better than Ladbrokes, Sky Bet, Coral, William Hill, Paddy Power and Boyle Sports up to 15 minutes before a race.
- Optional notifications: Turn on live updates for notifications on race results, race cancellations and much more.
- Bet Boost: Bet Boosts are invaluable for the five days of Royal Ascot. They are easy to find on the Bet365 horse racing page.
- Live streaming: Just a 50p race winner wager of 25p each-way selection is required to qualify for Bet365 live streaming.
Unibet is an underrated bookmaker. They are an all-rounder when it comes to horse racing with very few weaknesses.
- Excellent antepost odds
- Live streaming
- Lots of offers on biggest races
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
You will often find Unibet have the best antepost odds for Royal Ascot.
Why we like Unibet
Unibet makes its antepost markets available well in advance of the meeting at Ascot. The odds are generally superb, too. You can get off to a good start with their rewarding sign-up offer, plus you can enjoy tonnes of promotions on the biggest races, including the Gold Cup.
What Unibet offers you
- Competitive antepost markets: Whether you’re following the odds movement or wanting to place an early wager, Unibet’s antepost markets are very useful.
- Live streaming: Unibet offer a great live streaming service.
- Big racing promos: Unibet pushes the boat out for the biggest races during Royal Ascot with extra promotions.
- Well-designed website and app: It is hard to fault the Unibet website and app. They are easy to use and quick to load.
Founded in 1926, Coral is an experienced bookmaker with an excellent reputation.
- Bet Bundles
- Well-organised specials page
- Non-runner money back
18+ New UK+IRE Customers. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 1x £20 free bet. Free bet available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. for Horse Racing valid for 7 days. Restrictions + T&Cs apply
Coral’s Bet Bundles stand out from the crowd, making it one of the best Royal Ascot betting sites in 2023.
Why we like Coral
You can purchase Bet Bundles at Coral to unlock a few different wagers during Royal Ascot. Their specials page is both extensive and different from what most other bookies provide. They also have non-runner money back deals for the biggest races.
What Coral offers you
- Bet Bundles: There is value to be found in buying a Coral Bet Bundle if you are going to use all the included wagers.
- Stacks of specials: From boosted odds to banker doubles and distance combinations, Coral has more specials than many of the other Royal Ascot online betting sites.
- Non-runner promo: If your pick is a non-runner, you may be eligible to get your money back with Coral.
- Racing Club: Join the Coral Racing Club for free. You could visit the yards to meet the jockeys and trainers or even win free tickets for raceday.
Founded in 2020, BetUK have wasted no time in establishing themselves as one of the leading bookmakers in the UK. They offer a great service for Royal Ascot punters.
- Best Odds for EPL
- Best Odds for UCL
- Acca Club with profit boosts on a weekly basis
- Competitive odds for Royal Ascot
- 24-hour live chat service
New customers, Deposit & Place a Bet within 7 days, and settle a £10 minimum bet at odds of 4/5 (1.8) or greater, to be credited with 3x £10 free bets: 1 x £10 Horse racing, 1 x £10 Free Bet Builder and 1 x £10 Football. Stake not returned. T&C’s Apply.
BetUK are a genuine contender to be the best Royal Ascot betting site in the UK. Their competitve odds and Acca Club are among their many plus points.
Why we like BetUK
BetUK provides a user friendly and smooth website. The horse racing odds are always competitive, with Royal Ascot being a case in point. The weekly Acca Club is especially attractive to punters who enjoy backing multiple selections.
What BetUK offers you
- Profit Boosts through Acca Club: Regularly back accumulators and you can receive £5 in free bets each week, along with profit boosts for qualifying wagers.
- Competitive odds: BetUK offer good value odds for Royal Ascot
- Commitment to safer gambling: BetUK has made a significant effort to make gambling safer, and ranks well for bettor safety.
- Always available customer service: A 24-hour live chat option isn’t offered by every bookmaker. You will find BetUK are very helpful whenever you make contact.
- Functional, user-friendly website: BetUK have struck the balance between appealing and functional with their website.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Royal Ascot
Bookmakers are doing all they can to lure new customers in the build up to Royal Ascot. It is a massive week for the betting industry, with tens of bookies hoping to consolidate a position as one of the best Royal Ascot betting sites. Doing so is not straight-forward, however, with the amount of choice punters have in the 2020s.
Sam Cox: In my opinion, a bookmaker should have a diverse range of promotions and offers for bettors to dig through during Royal Ascot. I want to see a well-designed website and app paired with high odds, free bets and Ascot-specific promos, including non-runner money backs and boosted odds.
Compare the best Royal Ascot betting sites of 2023
Punters are spoilt for choice when trying to select the best Royal Ascot betting sites in the UK. Betting and Royal Ascot have been intertwined for over 200 years, and that isn’t going to change any time soon. As a result, bookmakers are throwing all they’ve got at the five days in Berkshire.
To help you see the differences between the top Royal Ascot online betting sites, here’s a quick-fire comparison table:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|Coral||4.3/5||Royal Ascot promos/Bet Bundles||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
At Betting.com, we have committed hours to research the best Royal Ascot betting sites. There are pros and cons for each option, however, and punters should set some of their own time aside to settle on a preferred bookmaker.
As you do look around, here are seven criteria to consider:
- Licences are non-negotiable: Licences are a must for any bookmaker. You need to be confident your data is safe, and betting with a legal bookie is the only way to do this. See where they got their licences from and when they expire.
- Weigh up welcome promos: It is helpful to have a good welcome offer when starting out with a bookmaker. Look into the terms and conditions to make sure their sign-up promotion is suitable for your stakes and betting habits.
- Search their Royal Ascot odds: All good bookmakers will have Royal Ascot odds. Still, it’s vital to compare the prices. You might also want to see when they put their odds up.
- Check payment methods: Even if you are settled on a preferred payment option, it is useful to see how else you can deposit and withdraw your cash. See if others have mentioned anything about hidden fees or slow withdrawals.
- Read reviews: Reviews are a great way to learn about the betting experience with a bookmaker. If others have found a bookie to be fair and helpful, it’s generally a good sign.
- Download the mobile app: Most bookmakers have mobile apps available on Apple and Android. Download it on your favoured device and see what you think.
- Registration process: Some registration processes are easier than others. Once you are settled on a bookie, try signing up and decide if it’s the place for you.
Betting on Royal Ascot explained
One of the most prestigious events in British sport, Royal Ascot welcomes in tens of thousands during the five days of racing. Many more are following the action and placing wagers via the best Royal Ascot betting sites.
Royal Ascot odds are available well before the event itself gets underway. Antepost markets are popular with seasoned horse racing punters. You will find many markets boosted throughout the week of action.
Making Royal Ascot picks follows the same logic as you would apply for other horse racing events. It is, however, useful to learn about the history of trainers, jockeys and horses at Royal Ascot to inform your betting decisions.
Types of Royal Ascot bets
There are lots of different types of Royal Ascot bets for you to weigh up. Here are a few of the most popular.
Probably the most popular and straight-forward of Royal Ascot bets is betting on the race winner. As it sounds, your bet is only a winner if the horse you’ve backed wins the race.
An each-way bet is effectively a bet to win and a bet to place, enabling punters to cover multiple outcomes. Each-way terms will vary between bookies. The best Royal Ascot betting sites will pay out for extra places.
Distance betting can cover the winning margin in a particular race or you can predict the combined winning margin across multiple races.
Antepost markets are available months ahead of race day for Gold Cup, Coronation Stakes and Prince of Wales Stakes.
Royal Ascot betting strategies
It is worthwhile committing some time to building a Royal Ascot betting strategy. Each punter will approach the decision-making process differently, but it is always helpful to look at form and race history. On raceday, the going and the weather can be important factors, which could influence your picks.
Get to know more about Royal Ascot to bet smarter
While the first four-day meeting was held at Ascot in 1768, it was only in 1807 that the Gold Cup was introduced and the structure properly resembled what we know today. The event is now held over five days, with a Royal Procession taking place at the start of each day.
Around 500 horses compete over the week, with the largest prize pot of any British horse racing meet.
The Gold Cup is the most significant race, taking place on the Thursday, which is also Ladies Day. Yeats, winner in four straight years in the 2000s, is the most successful Royal Ascot Gold Cup horse. Including Yeats’ four wins, the duo of Aidan O’Brien and Sue Magnier are the most successful trainer and owner respectively in Gold Cup history, with eight victories.
Who is the favourite to win the Royal Ascot Gold Cup in 2023?
Mojo Star, Trueshan, Broome and Emily Dickinson are the four joint-favourites to win the Royal Ascot Gold Cup in 2023, according to Bet365’s latest odds.
Subjectivist, winner in 2021, is priced at 10/1. None of the four favourites have won the Gold Cup previously, though Mojo Star finished as a runner-up to Kyprios in 2022.
Who is competing at Royal Ascot in 2023?
- Mojo Star
- Emily Dickinson
- Eldar Eldarov
- Deauville Legend
- Ocean Wind
- Burning Victory
- Constitution Hill
- United Nations
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
20th June 2023 – Queen Anne Stakes
21st June 2023 – Prince of Wales Stakes
22nd June 2023 – Gold Cup and Ladies Day
23rd June 2023 – Coronation Stakes
24th June 2023 – Golden Jubilee Stakes