Betway arrived on the scene midway through the 2000s and has the foundations to stick as one of the best horse racing betting sites for years to come. Reviewers frequently praise Betway’s product.
- Betway Plus rewards customer loyalty with tier tokens
- Promotions updated regularly
- Best Odds Guaranteed on racing in UK and Ireland
New UK customers only. Min Deposit: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. First bet on a Football or Horse Racing multiple with 3+ selections. Overall odds: 3.00 (2/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. This is offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 50 Bonus Spins credited on placement of qualifying Acca bet.50x bonus wagering applies as do weighting requirements, bonus Spins only available on selected games and expires 7 days after being awarded. Debit card deposits only (exclusions apply). 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way. Full terms apply.
Boosted odds and superb promotions underline Betway’s outstanding horse racing platform.
Why we like Betway:
Betway has promotions for both regular and new customers, presented on a website which is clean, easy to navigate and smooth-running. Horse racing offers are available on a daily basis, plus bettors can also delve into Betway’s horse racing tips to help evaluate the betting markets.
What Betway offers you
- Consistent punters rewarded through Betway Plus: Bet regularly with Betway and you will earn tier tokens, leading to a variety of perks to be used on the site’s sportsbook or casino.
- Free Bet Club: Opt in to Betway’s Free Bet Club and you can earn £15 in free bets each week if you meet the qualifying criteria.
- Different routes to free bets: You will have different ways to earn free bets with Betway beyond Betway Plus and the Free Bet Club.
- Competitive horse racing odds: Betway offer competitive horse racing odds.
Bookmakers don’t come much bigger than Bet365. Punters know what they’re getting with Bet365, such is the size of the company and its stellar reputation around the world. It is a favourite horse racing online betting site for many regular bettors.
- Live website and in-app streaming of horse racing across the UK and Ireland
- Plentiful antepost betting options throughout the year
- Bonus credits handed out around major events
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
There are few faults in Bet365’s horse racing offering. Decent odds are complemented by one of the best live streaming packages and plentiful rewards for new customers.
Why we like Bet365:
Bet365 provides outstanding levels of security and usability for customers. Antepost markets are one of their strengths, along with solid sign-up offers and price promises across various sports. The horse racing streams on the Bet365 app and website, meanwhile, are industry-leading.
What Bet365 offers you
- Year-round horse racing live streams: You don’t need to miss a race with Bet365’s reliable horse racing streams on their app and website.
- Price Promise: Races shown live on ITV Racing are subject to a price promise – you will not find a better price elsewhere.
- My Horses Stable: If you’ve got a few favourite horses, the Bet365 stable allows you to keep track of their performances and will alert you when they’re due to run.
- Good reputation for customer service: Bet365 has one of the better customer service teams in the sports betting industry with different options when contacting them.
William Hill have a world wide reputation matched by very few bookies. Top-level security, regular odds boosts and coverage of horse racing around the world make them one of the UK’s best horse racing betting sites.
- Heaps of horse racing markets throughout the calendar
- Highly regarded customer service with multiple contact options
- Regular promos
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 18.10.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply.
William Hill cover horse racing in the UK and Ireland comprehensively as well as giving punters access to international meetings. Their regular odds boosts keep things interesting.
Why we like William Hill:
William Hill are a great option for horse racing punters. They have a long list of antepost markets and a catalogue of races covered every day. They have regular promos and price boosts, especially on big events such as Cheltenham or Royal Ascot. The process from registering to collecting winnings is straight-forward.
What William Hill offers you
- Huge range of horse racing markets: William Hill offer great depth for racing punters with odds on horse races all around the world
- Live Streaming: Horse races are live streamed on William Hill
- High quality customer service: Contactable through live chat, phone or email, the William Hill customer service experience ranks among the best in the sports betting industry.
- Early horse racing specials: Weeks before the big meetings, like the National and the Derby, you can delve into William Hill’s specials, covering the winning distance, numbers of finishers and more.
Popular for their appealing website interface and with an extensive list of markets, Unibet is one of the best horse racing betting sites in the UK.
- Money back as bonus if first bet loses
- Consistent promos for customers new and established
- Broad range of antepost markets throughout the year
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
Unibet combines a modern-looking website with regular and rewarding promotions. Regular horse racing gamblers will be familiar with their impressive range of antepost markets.
Why we like Unibet
Unibet is a contender to be considered the best horse racing betting site for the UK. The horse racing section of the website is well-structured, with the use of colour contributing to a good customer experience. You can delve deep into antepost odds, where there is a great range of markets, or pick out any race from around the world and give the bookie’s enhanced odds feature, Uniboost, a go.
What Unibet offers you
- Uniboost daily for enhanced odds: You can boost horse racing odds three times per day at Unibet.
- Frequent and rewarding promos: Unibet often introduces new promotions for both new and current customers.
- Future bets: With antepost markets available months in advance, you can back your pick early to unlock the best value price.
- Specific offers for big races: Unibet typically brings out promotions specifically for the biggest events on the calendar, such as the Cheltenham Festival, Ascot and the Grand National. One example from Cheltenham is Gold Cup free bets.
Best known for its spread betting service, SpreadEx also offers fixed odds for the core sports, helping it to become a favoured site among horse racing punters.
- Odds for every race across the UK
- Often has better odds than bigger name bookies
- £50 bet bonuses available for new customers
Place a £25 fixed odds single bet at min. odds of 1/2 and get 5 x £5 free fixed odds single bets, as well as 2 x £5 free totals goals bets, 2 x £5 winning favourite bets, and 50 free spins on Starburst. Free bets applied to account on consecutive days. 18+ begambleaware.org T&Cs apply.
SpreadEx gives great welcome bonuses and provides excellent odds throughout the horse racing schedule.
Why we like SpreadEx:
SpreadEx covers everything you would want from a bookie. Punters are after value first and foremost, which SpreadEx has thanks to their high odds. Promotions are easy to find and use, plus the website is hard to fault. The option to switch between spread betting and fixed odds is a nice bonus for some bettors, too.
What SpreadEx offers you
- Exceptional fixed horse racing odds: When pitted against the more well-known names in the industry, SpreadEx’s odds often compare favourably.
- Informative website: You will find a lot of detail on a SpreadEx betting page, including form and weight.
- ‘2nd to a rag’ insurance: If your horse finishes second to a 33/1 or longer outsider, you will receive money back as a free bet.
- Option to switch between fixed odds and spread betting: It is an easy process to move between spread betting and the traditonal sportsbook at SpreadEx.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Horse Racing
Punters have various factors to ponder when evaluating the best horse racing betting sites. The website itself is important, of course, as are the odds available, promotions, and the quality and accessibility of customer service. To be ranked among the top horse racing online betting sites, bookmakers must score highly across the board.
Sam Cox: I am looking for horse racing betting sites in the UK to have a variety of promotions available throughout the year. Websites should be responsive and easy to digest, while processing withdrawals must be smooth and swift.
Compare the best Horse Racing betting sites of 2023
Horse racing is a focus for the vast majority of sportsbooks in the UK. With racing taking place through all seasons and all over the globe, bookies have a lot of action to cover. Bettors are spoilt for choice amid an ocean of horse racing promotions and offers.
Selecting the best horse racing betting site in 2023 is about the whole service. The answer might vary from punter to punter, depending on their betting. We’ve compared the top sites to bet on horse racing:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|William Hill||4.3/5||Depth of coverage||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
Identifying the best horse racing betting sites isn’t an easy task with so many options out there. You can only get a real idea of what works for you by trying sites out and extensively researching their promotions.
When looking at horse racing online betting sites, these seven points are important to keep in mind:
- Safety comes first: To keep your cash and data safe, you should always play on licensed and secure betting sites.
- Compare welcome offers: Not all welcome offers are the same. Each punter has different betting habits and will value different things when signing up to a new bookie, so make sure you find a site with a welcome offer which suits you.
- Analyse their horse racing prices: Before diving in, have a look through the horse racing markets to get a feel for the value on offer. All bettors want the best odds. It is worth comparing between books to see which bookies have the most competitive prices.
- Consider payment and banking options: Making sure you can deposit and withdraw money safely and quickly is very important. It is worth seeing which horse racing bookmakers offer certain payment methods and comparing the fees involved and timescale for receiving your winnings.
- Renowned bookmakers are worth it: Some bookmakers have a better reputation than others. The best horse racing betting sites will retain customers through the quality of their service, and this is often a good sign when choosing where to place your wagers.
- Betting on the move: Mobile apps are a huge part of the bookmakers’ offering. Being able to scroll through odds, live stream and contact customer service through your phone or tablet is useful.
- Try signing up: Registering and placing your first bet with a new bookmaker should be a quick, smooth process. The best way to get to grips with a site’s sign-up process is to try it out for yourself.
Betting on Horse Racing explained
Betting on horse racing has been popular for centuries, and there is no sign of that changing any time soon. Punters who like to bet on horse racing have races to wager on all over the world throughout the year.
The best horse racing online betting sites in the UK will have extensive odds available each day of the week. Keep an eye out for odds movement in the build up to races and major events.
Just like selecting your preferred horse racing bookmaker, there is a lot to consider when making horse racing picks. Schedule, weather and form are all relevant. Different bettors will prioritise specific pieces of information when making their horse racing picks.
Types of Horse Racing bets
Horse racing bettors have a catalogue of options available. Alongside special markets offered by bookmakers and antepost odds to lock in a price in advance of a race, punters can select anything from a straight-forward win wager to more complicated bets like a Goliath Flag.
Just as you’d expect, betting on the winner is about backing a horse to finish the race first. Some betting sites will provide insurance in certain circumstances, like when a massive outsider wins the race.
Backing an each-way wager means your winnings are calculated using a fraction of your pick’s price as you receive a payout whether they win the race or finish in the top few places.
Comprising three doubles and a treble, a Trixie is three selections and four bets. At least two of the selections must land to guarantee a payout.
A Yankee is made up of just four selections but comes to 11 bets – six doubles, four trebles and a fourfold. Like the Trixie, at least two of your picks must come in for a payout.
Horse Racing betting strategies
It can take time to land on a favoured horse racing betting strategy. Figure out which sort of wagers you prefer to place and do some research before each race to inform your punts.
Popular Horse Racing events to bet on
The biggest horse racing events see vast sums wagered across the UK. These two races standout above the rest:
- Cheltenham Gold Cup: First run in 1819, the Gold Cup is competed for at the end of Cheltenham Festival each March. The Gold Cup is a steeplechase over 5.3 kilometres, and a chance for jockeys and trainers to write their names into the history books. Prepare for the race by checking out our list of the best Cheltenham Festival betting sites .
- Grand National: The Grand National takes place at the iconic Aintree Racecourse in April each year. Considered the ultimate test for horse and jockey, the Grand National attracts bettors who rarely take much notice in horse racing. Hundreds of millions of people watch the race, which has been broadcast on free-to-air TV in the UK since 1960. Make sure you are familiar with the best Grand National betting sites before the big day.