BoyleSports is a renowned bookmaker with a considerable high-street presence. They have evolved from a successful in-person bookie to become a top online sportsbook. They are recognised as one of the best Open Championship betting sites in the UK.
- Excellent outright prices for The Open
- Pick Your Own Extra Places
- Head-to-head betting
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Account & Payment method restrictions apply. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. T&Cs apply. T&Cs apply.
Outright betting at BoyleSports comes out very well when prices are compared with their rivals.
Why we like BoyleSports
Odds comparison sites show BoyleSports to have superb outright betting prices for The Open. You are provided with flexibility through being able to pick how many extra places you want to cover. Their head-to-head betting gives you a different way to approach your Open golf bets.
What BoyleSports offers you
- Pick Your Own Extra Places: Choose whether you want to have six, eight, 10 or 12 places covered. BoyleSports gives you the choice with this highly original system.
- Mythical two-ball markets: The mythical two-ball markets enable punters to pit golfers against each other. This can add interest and value.
- Attractive outright odds: When looking to place an outright bet on The Open, BoyleSports often gives great value.
- Live shot tracker: Follow all the latest Open action with BoyleSports’ live shot track.
A bookmaker with a global reach, Bet365 is known for its comprehensive coverage of a huge range of sports, including golf.
- Bet Boost
- Live Golf Tracker
- Up to 12 places paid out
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
You will find stacks of Bet Boost markets at Bet365 before and during The Open, which you can follow ball by ball with the bookie’s live shot tracker.
Why we like Bet365
The Bet365 Bet Boost covers a large variety of wagers, from boosted trebles to enhanced prices. Their Live Golf Tracker makes it easy to keep up with the action throughout the weekend. In addition, Bet365 usually pay out extra places at the golf majors.
What Bet365 offers you
- Bet Boost: Find the Bet365 Bet Boost section at the top of the golf page. They boost various different wagers, including outright picks and trebles of players to make the cut.
- Live Golf Tracker: Use the Live Golf Tracker to follow selected players during the Open. Information is available for every shot they play.
- Extra places for US Open: Bet365 frequently pays out extra places on golf. The Open is no exception.
- Outright specials: You have a selection of golf outright specials to choose from at Bet365.
Known and respected throughout the world, William Hill is a trustworthy bookmaker with top-level security and regular odds boosts and promos. They are great for golf and, like they do for all major sporting events in Britain, pull out all of the stops for the Open.
- Highly regarded customer service with multiple contact options
- Top level security
- Regular Open Golf odds boosts
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 18.10.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply.
William Hill provides great promotions for new and existing customers. They regularly have enhanced odds leading up to events so look out for these offers over the course of the Open.
Why we like William Hill
William Hill has a great range of markets for the Open and provides the opportunity to increase your winnings with regular enhanced odds promos throughout the tournament.
What William Hill offers you
- Customise your Open bets with #YourOdds : William Hill provide punters with the chance to customise their wagers with #YourOdds. If you want a bet that is not displayed, you can tweet @WilliamHill #YourOdds with your bet and the bookie will reply with a price.
- Brilliant customer service: Contactable through live chat, phone or email, the William Hill customer service experience ranks among the best in the sports betting industry.
- Great in-play betting: If you enjoy live betting you can take advantage of William Hill’s excellent in-play platform and make your British Open bets as the action unfolds.
- Open golf odds boosts: Look out for enhanced odds on groups, players to make the cut, first round leaders, outright winners and top five places during the tournament.
A bookmaker which has operated under various guises since being founded in the 1940s, BetVictor has been known by its current name since 2012.
- Trending bets
- Odds available well in advance on The Open
- Reputation for high golf prices
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 2x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. Please gamble responsibly
The trending bets feature is a handy tool to see what others are betting on at The British Open.
Why we like BetVictor
Discover what others are wagering on and prepare for odds to move with BetVictor’s trending bets feature. There is plenty of time to get your wagers in thanks to how early they put their golf odds up on the site. Prices at BetVictor are generally very competitive for golf.
What BetVictor offers you
- Trending bets: Scroll to the bottom of BetVictor’s golf page to see which bets are trending. This could help inform your betting decisions.
- Early Open odds: BetVictor makes its golf odds live earlier than many of their peers. You have plenty of time to find value.
- Enticing golf prices: You will often find BetVictor ranks favourably when comparing their golf odds.
- Loyalty Club: Opt in to the BetVictor Loyalty Club and you could land a free bet of up to £25 every week.
Having been established in 1902, Ladbrokes are a stalwart of sports betting in the UK.
- An array of golf specials
- Strong live streaming package
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 4x £5 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions + T&Cs apply.
Ladbrokes provides a catalogue of golf specials for punters to enjoy.
Why we like Ladbrokes
You can often find unique wagers to back at Ladbrokes thanks to their special markets. If you’re still on the search for something else, #GetAPrice can be useful. Their live streaming is reliable, and covers a lot of golf.
What Ladbrokes offers you
- Open Championship specials: You will discover all sorts of interesting bets in the Ladbrokes specials section. They regular provide specials for big golf events and major events on the British calendar, therefore The Open Championship is sure to be provided for. There are plenty to choose from in the week leading up to and during the Open.
- #GetAPrice: Contact Ladbrokes with #GetAPrice to get some odds on your own specific wager. Other #GetAPrice bets are viewable on their website, too.
- Live streaming: Follow the action live on Ladbrokes’ live streaming platform.
- In-play: Bet live on The Open with Ladbrokes’ popular in-play betting console. Numerous markets are available as the players work their way through the 18 holes.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on The Open Championship
Choosing the best Open Championship betting sites can be a daunting process. Bookies throw a lot at punters to weigh up. It is helpful to have a few key areas to focus on.
Chris Sampson: In my opinion, leading sportsbooks should pay out several extra places for The Open Championship. Special markets are also valuable for punters to give them options throughout the tournament. Good quality odds are also important and the best Open Championship betting sites will provide competitive prices.
Compare the best Open Championship betting sites of 2023
The Open Championship is golf’s oldest tournament and one of the most prestigious. As one of the four majors it is an event which attracts fans from all over the world. In Britain it is one of the highlights of the sporting calendar. Millions tune in and many of those will be interested in placing a wager, too. As a result, bookmakers go all-out to try and gain new customers.
We have narrowed down a shortlist of the best Open Championship betting sites – presented in the table below:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|Bet365||4.6/5||Live golf tracker||Review|
|William Hill||4.1/5||Enhanced odds||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
We have laid the foundation for you to settle on your favourite Open Championship bookmaker. It is important you conduct your own research before making a final decision, however.
So, here are seven criteria to keep in mind.
- Licences are a must: Safety is of prime importance when betting online. The best way to be confident that your data is protected is to only bet on licensed betting sites.
- Research welcome deals: Every bookmaker provides you with a welcome offer. They are not always suitable for every punter, though, so check the terms and see if it fits with your betting habits and stakes.
- Look up Open Championship odds: Look for the latest Open Championship odds at a sportsbook. The range of markets and value of prices are both important.
- Check payment options: Being able to quickly deposit and withdraw your cash is vital. Make sure there are no hidden fees to shave off some of your winnings.
- Read reviews: Reputations are important in sports betting. Check out what others have said about the experience with a betting site.
- Download their app: Check the app on your preferred device to see if it matches up with the desktop experience. Make sure the same promotions and features are available on mobile.
- Time to sign up: Once you think you have reached a conclusion, it is time to sign up with the bookmaker. The registration process can be a clear indication of what it would be like to regularly wager with that bookmaker.
Betting on The Open Championship explained
Betting on The Open has changed considerably over the event’s long history. As a major part of Britain’s sporting calendar, interest in the tournament has remained constant, both among dedicated followers of golf and general sports enthusiasts. Punters have more options than ever if they want to have a punt during the tournament.
Open odds are available throughout the year. Outright markets at the best Open Championship betting sites in the UK will go live soon after the previous event has finished. Keep your eyes peeled for promos picking up in the build up to the weekend. In the UK market there is the double attraction of it being one of the most prestigious golf tournaments in the world and a major event in the British sporting calendar.
Making picks for The Open requires research and analysis. You need to look into how players have been performing recently. It is vital to gain an understanding for how they have fared at previous Majors, and see if their style of play suits the course. The Open is played on links courses, which some players are more suited to than others.
Types of Open Championship bets
The types of Open Championship bets will be very familiar to regular golf bettors. These markets will all be available at the best Open Championship betting sites in 2023.
Betting on the winner is as simple as it sounds. You pick which player you are backing to win the event and your bet is marked as a winner if they lift the trophy at the end of the fourth round.
You can wager on each round of The Open. For instance, the best US Open betting sites will allow you to bet on which player will be leading at the end of the first round.
Player-specific markets vary between bookmakers. These can be very in-depth, and might include markets like the winning margin for a specific player or whether they will make the cut.
Each-way betting is popular in golf. This is effectively a place bet and an overall winner bet combined. Your bet will be a winner if your pick finishes inside a certain number of places.
Open Championship betting strategies
You need to commit some time to develop your own Open betting strategy. Bettors will value different elements when deciding on their picks, but it is always helpful to learn about player form and their history at Majors. Some elevate their performances for the big events, while others have a track record of disappointing when the pressure is greatest. How well do players perform on links courses? How do they cope with rainy or windy weather conditions? These are all factors to consider.
Get to know more about The Open Championship to bet smarter
Organised by the R&A and often referred to as The Open or the British Open, The Open Championship is the oldest golf tournament in the world, and as one of the four majors, one of the most prestigious. Founded in 1860, it was originally held annually at Prestwick Golf Club in Scotland. Later the venue rotated between a select group of coastal links golf courses in the United Kingdom
The Open is one of the four men’s major golf tournaments, the others being the Masters Tournament, the PGA Championship and the U.S. Open. Since the PGA Championship moved to May in 2019, the Open has been chronologically the fourth and final major tournament of the year. It is held in mid-July.
It is called The Open because it in theory it is “open” to all, both professional and amateur golfers. In practice, however, the current event is a professional tournament in which a small number of the world’s leading amateurs also play, by invitation or qualification.
The Open is always played on a coastal links golf course. Links golf is often described as the “purest” form of golf and keeps a connection with the way the game originated in Scotland in the 15th century. The terrain is open, often without any trees, and will generally be undulating with a sandy base. The golf courses are often primarily shaped by nature, rather than ‘built’. Weather, particularly wind, plays an important role. The courses are also famous for deep bunkers, and gorse bushes that make up the “rough”. The speed of the greens are often slower than a golfer might be used to on the PGA Tour.
Who is the favourite to win The Open Championship in 2024?
John Rahm, Rory McIlroy and Scottie Scheffler are the early favourites to win the Open in 2024.
Who is competing at The Open Championship in 2024
The Open Championship 2023 will take place at Royal Liverpool between July 20 and July 23. The following players have qualified at the time of writing:
- Stewart Cink
- Darren Clarke
- Ben Curtis
- John Daly
- David Duval
- Ernie Els
- Todd Hamilton
- Pádraig Harrington
- Zach Johnson
- Paul Lawrie
- Justin Leonard
- Shane Lowry
- Rory McIlroy
- Phil Mickelson
- Francesco Molinari
- Collin Morikawa
- Louis Oosthuizen
- Cameron Smith
- Jordan Spieth
- Henrik Stenson
- Patrick Cantlay
- Bryson DeChambeau
- Tommy Fleetwood
- Brian Harman
- Viktor Hovland
- Dustin Johnson
- Cameron Young
- Abraham Ancer
- Keegan Bradley
- Sam Burns
- Wyndham Clark
- Corey Conners
- Jason Day
- Harris English
- Tony Finau
- Matt Fitzpatrick
- Rickie Fowler
- Ryan Fox
- Emilliano Grillo
- Tyrrell Hatton
- Russell Henley
- Lucas Herbert
- Tom Hoge
- Max Homa
- Billy Horschel
- Sung-jae Im
- Si-woo Kim
- Tom Kim
- Chris Kirk
- Kirt Kitayama
- Brooks Koepka
- KH Lee
- Hideki Matsuyama
- Adrian Meronk
- Taylor Moore
- Joaquín Niemann
- Séamus Power
- Jon Rahm
- Patrick Reed
- Justin Rose
- Xander Schauffele
- Scottie Scheffler
- Adam Scott
- Sepp Straka
- Sahith Theegala
- Justin Thomas
- Will Zalatoris
- Adri Arnaus
- Richard Bland
- Ewen Ferguson
- Rasmus Højgaard
- Pablo Larrazábal
- Thriston Lawrence
- Hurly Long
- Robert McIntyre
- Guido Migliozzi
- Alex Norén
- Thorbjørn Olesen
- Adrián Otaegui
- Yannik Paul
- Victor Perez
- Thomas Pieters
- Richie Ramsay
- Shubhankar Sharma
- Callum Shinkwin
- Jordan Smith
- Connor Syme
- Danny Willett
- Gary Woodland
- Talor Gooch
- J.T. Poston
- Scott Stallings
- Zack Fischer
- David Micheluzzi
- Ockie Strydom
- Taiga Semikawa
- Kazuki Higa
- Keita Nakajima
- Mateo Fernández de Oliveira
- Rikuya Hoshino
- Harrison Crowe (a)
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
The Open Championship 2024 will take place at Royal Troon from July 17 to July 21.