Our top list for the best EFL Championship Betting Sites for 2023
- Bet365 – Bet Boost
- Betway – High odds on Championship matches
- William Hill – Plenty of outright markets
- BetUK – Acca Club
- 888Sport – Championship specials
Alongside sponsoring a Championship club in the shape of Stoke City, Bet365 have a deserved reputation as one of the best EFL Championship betting sites in the UK.
A strong all-round package makes Bet365 an excellent place for punters to try out when wanting to bet on the Championship.
Why we like Bet365:
Punters at Bet365 will find Bet Boost markets at the top of each page, and the Championship is no exception. You can land an early payout if your team takes a two-goal lead, which isn’t a promotion you will find at every bookmaker. Customise your wager using their detailed Bet Builder feature to select the markets you prefer.
Bet Builder for Championship matches
|Unimaginative website design|
Welcome bonus could be better
What Bet365 offers you
- Boosted odds: You will notice the small green symbol next to many fixtures on Bet365. This means you can locate a Bet Boost for the match, and there is also a dedicated Bet Boost section at the top of the Championship page.
- Two-goal payout: Should your team take a two-goal lead, you don’t need to worry about a comeback, as Bet365 will mark the wager as a winner.
- Customisable wagers with Bet Builder: Put together all sorts of markets through the Bet365 Bet Builder. You can combine anything from saves made by a goalkeeper to corners in the first half.
- Reliable customer service: Punters speak highly of the Bet365 customer service team, helping you deal with whatever issue you are trying to address.
An excellent online bookmaker, Betway’s brand is understated compared to many of its competitors. They rank well across the board.
Of EFL Championship online betting sites, Betway consistently provides great value with its standard and boosted odds.
Why we like Betway:
Getting the highest odds is a priority for punters. Betway meets that need. You are also offered enhanced prices thanks to the Betway Boost and regular bettors on their website and app can earn free wagers through the Free Bet Club.
Free Bet Club
|Frequent winners limited|
Support is hard to contact
What Betway offers you
- Fantastic odds: Comparison sites often show Betway to be among the leaders when it comes to EFL Championship odds.
- Boosted markets: Alongside their standard, competitive odds, you can also find boosted prices across the Betway site.
- Free Bet Club: Opt in to the Betway Free Bet Club and you can land £10 in free wagers each week providing you meet the qualification criteria.
- Smart website and app: Simple is sometimes better for punters. The Betway website and app are clean in their design, with the black and white colour scheme making for a smart look. It is rapid to load, too.
A household name in the British betting industry for several decades, William Hill continues to place among the best EFL Championship betting sites in 2023.
With more outright markets than most, William Hill is the go-to place for backing your season-long Championship predictions.
Why we like William Hill:
You are betting at a well-known, and established bookmaker with William Hill, which is always a good start. Championship bettors are met with a healthy selection of outright markets, plus the ability to craft your own wager through the #YourOdds feature. Accas can be insured thanks to Acca Freedom.
|Choice of outright markets|
#YourOdds on Championship matches
|Some may find website cluttered|
No VIP section
What William Hill offers you
- Outright options: Alongside the standard options of relegation and league winner, you can bet on a top two finish, top goal scorer and many other markets at William Hill.
- Create your wager: Use #YourOdds when signed in to your William Hill account to build your own bet.
- Acca Freedom: The Acca Freedom promotion enables punters to either boost the odds of an accumulator or insure against one leg falling short.
- Plenty of enhanced odds: Markets with a blue arrow on a yellow background indicate enhanced odds are available. You can find many enhanced odds on their Championship page.
Read the full William Hill Review
The new kid on the block having only been founded in 2020, BetUK has quickly ascended to feature on this list.
One of the better EFL Championship betting sites, BetUK has good promotions for football and a solid range of markets.
Why we like BetUK:
BetUK’s offering is headlined by the Acca Club. Punters who love an accumulator should strongly consider this bookmaker. You also have plenty of choice when looking through football odds in both the leagues covered and markets available per match. The website was clearly designed with the customer in mind.
Widespread football coverage
|Live chat option is unreliable|
No loyalty rewards
What BetUK offers you
- Acca rewards: Profit boosts are available for qualifying accumulators at BetUK. You can learn more by reading up on the promotion terms and conditions.
- Stacks of football markets: Extensive EFL Championship coverage is part of a comprehensive football offering from BetUK.
- User-friendly website: Their website is structured in a way which makes it easy for punters to navigate. Switching between sports and markets is easy.
- Profit boost on Manchester City matches: As part of their partnership, you can get a 10% profit boost on every Manchester City match.
Initially famous for its casino, 888 opened its sportsbook back in 2008. The brand has had numerous sponsorship agreements with Championship clubs over the years.
888Sport gives punters extra betting options beyond the standard markets with its specials and wincasts.
Why we like 888Sport:
Through the website or app, you can access 888Sport’s Championship specials. Their enhanced wincasts are a fun way to identify some value, too. These bets are organised into specific sections or will be available on a match-specific page. It can also be useful to check out which bets are popular with other gamblers.
|Special Championship markets|
Popular bets feature
|Known to limit some accounts quickly|
Website isn’t the most reliable
What 888Sport offers you
- Lots of Championship specials: 888Sport has Championship specials for each round of fixtures, featuring a combination of markets.
- Boosted odds for wincasts: You can find enhanced wincasts on the 888Sport website and app, which will often feature Championship fixtures.
- Analyse bets from others: The 888Sport website and app have an area dedicated to the most popular bets.
- Frequent new promos: 888Sport is known for regularly bringing out new promotions. You will regularly find fresh offers on the dedicated promotions page on their website.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on EFL Championship
There is plenty to bear in mind when trying to land on the best EFL Championship betting sites in the UK. Bookies need to excel in multiple categories, including offering a secure platform, good customer service and competitive promotions.
Sam Cox: In my opinion, the premier EFL Championship online betting sites should allow punters to create their own wages and provide an extensive list of ready-made bets to choose from. Enhanced odds are a must.
Compare the best EFL Championship betting sites of 2023
With impressive attendance figures and some huge clubs involved, the EFL Championship is a major element of a bookie’s football offering. Punters are bound to take an interest in a league with such high stakes. A bookmaker needs to be a well-rounded package to compete with the best EFL Championship betting sites in 2023.
Punters need to weigh up value, safety and flexibility. Here’s a table to compare some of the top options for EFL Championship betting:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Sign-up Bonus||Full Review|
|Bet365||4.6/5||Boosted odds||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
|Betway||4.5/5||High prices||£30 Matched Free Bet||Review|
|William Hill||4.2/5||Outright betting||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
|BetUK||4.2/5||Acca bonuses||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
|888Sport||4/5||Championship specials||100% Bonus Up To £150||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
While we have done the legwork to give a verdict on the best EFL Championship betting sites, it is still worthwhile for you to do some of your own research. Each punter has different preferences. Deciding on a bookie is a personal choice.
When you’re looking around, here are some criteria to ponder:
- Licences are important: Staying safe when gambling is important. You want to be confident your cash and data are protected. Look around for a bookie’s licences before settling on where to bet.
- Read up on sign-up deals: Bookies make a big deal of their welcome offers, and it can be a key factor in choosing where to sign-up. How you qualify for a welcome promo could determine if it makes sense for you.
- Check out the Championship odds: You naturally want to bet somewhere with high Championship odds. You will also want to make sure they have a range of markets. If there is a specific wager in mind, check it is available.
- Look into payment options: The number of payment options available varies between bookmakers. Learn about which methods are available, and how long it takes for deposits and withdrawals to process.
- Research the opinion of others: Getting an idea of what others think can tell you a lot about a bookmaker. There are plenty of reviews across the internet to find out what previous punters have made of a site.
- Download the app: The best EFL Championship betting sites are accompanied by very good mobile apps. Download the app on your preferred device and give it a go.
- Try signing up: Once all the other boxes have been checked, it’s time to trial the sign-up process.
Betting on EFL Championship explained
Starting in the latter part of the English summer and finishing in May, the EFL Championship has a lengthy season with each team playing 46 matches. Bookies will provide outright odds year-round.
Championship odds cover everything from teams to be relegated to top goalscorer or the number of corners in a match. The best EFL Championship betting sites will provide match odds several days before kick-off.
It can take a fair chunk of time to make well-informed EFL Championship picks. You need to do plenty of research before placing your wagers.
Types of EFL Championship bets
The types of EFL Championship bets available will be familiar to anyone who regularly bets on football. It is the outright markets where there are some different wagers to consider.
Back a team to win the match is as straight-forward as it sounds. Your bet will be marked a winner if the team takes all three points.
Betting on the over/under for total goals is popular in football. Bookmakers provide a ‘line’ for betting on the total goals in a Championship match. It is usually set at 2.5, but you will occasionally see 1.5 or 3.5.
One of many player-specific markets, betting on a player’s anytime goalscorer odds is backing them to score at some point in the match.
To gain promotion
The Championship has a lot of outright betting options. One of those is betting on a team to gain promotion, which can be achieved through a top two finish or winning the playoffs.
EFL Championship betting strategies
It is vital to invest a few hours in developing your EFL Championship betting strategy. You want to have go-to sites to research for your bets. Learn about form, statistics, injury news and betting trends before placing your wagers.
Get to know more about EFL Championship to bet smarter
The EFL Championship was first competed under the title of ‘Second Division’ in the 1890s. It retained that name until the creation of the Premier League in 1992, when it was renamed the ‘First Division’. In 2004, it adopted the ‘Championship’ name.
Leicester City and Manchester City are the two teams with the most Second Division/First Division/Championship titles with seven apiece. In the current format, the top two teams in the league earn automatic promotion, with teams placed third to sixth entering a playoff to decide the final promotion berth.
Who is the favourite to win the EFL Championship in 2023?
With a sizeable lead at the summit, Burnley are massive betting favourites to win the EFL Championship in 2022-23. Behind the Clarets, Sheffield United are at a very short price to earn the second automatic promotion spot. Middlesbrough follow the Blades in that market, and are favoured to win the Playoffs.
Burnley are three-time winners of the second tier of English football, the most recent of which came at the end of the 2015-16 campaign.
Who is competing in the EFL Championship in 2023?
- Birmingham City
- Blackburn Rovers
- Bristol City
- Cardiff City
- Coventry City
- Huddersfield Town
- Hull City
- Luton Town
- Norwich City
- Preston North End
- Queens Park Rangers
- Rotherham United
- Sheffield United
- Stoke City
- Swansea City
- West Bromwich Albion
- Wigan Athletic
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
- 29th July 2022 – Season starts
- 13th November 2022 – Final matches before World Cup
- 3rd December 2022 – Season resumes
- 8th May 2023 – Regular season ends
27th May 2023 – Playoff final
For more on football follow the link.