Since 2000, bet365 has firmly established itself as a globally renowned bookmaker who provide a fantastic service for football. Not surprisingly they rank as one of the best Premier League betting sites in the UK.
- Great variety of Champions League markets.
- Consistent and competitive Champions League Odds
- Superb in-play Champions League betting
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
A quality all-round bookmaker and a quality football betting site, bet365 offer a range of Champions League markets, both pre-match and in-play, live streaming and competitive odds.
Why we like bet365
Bet365 are a solid and dependable bookie who provide consistently competitive odds on Champions League matches and outrights. The bookie has a huge range and depth of football markets. They have a great in-play section for Champions League games with many betting options available.
What Bet365 offers you
- Great variety of markets: Punters have a vast range of options to bet on. Player props and match stats are available as well as the result, with these markets often available in-play as well as pre-match. The bookie offers great outright Champions League markets too.
- Quality of odds: bet365 consistently produce good quality, competitive odds. For the four first leg quarter final ties their average payout was 94%.
- Excellent in-play betting: bet365 offer plenty of Champions League in-play markets, allowing you to bet as the action unfolds.
- Great bet builder: Construct your bets on the Champions League action with bet365’s football bet builder.
- Good reputation for customer service: Bet365 have a superb customer service team. The support they provide for punters is up there with the best in the sport.s betting industry
BetUK is a vibrant UK sportsbook with a range of sports markets. Football is a strength of BetUK and their Champions League coverage is excellent. Their range of markets and highly competitive odds make them one of the best UEFA Champions League betting sItes in the UK.
- Best Odds for EPL
- Best Odds for UCL
- Great odds-on the UEFA Champions League
- Football bet builder to tailor your Champions League wagers
- Huge variety of Champions League markets
T&Cs apply. New customers, Deposit & Place a Bet within 7 days, and settle a £10 minimum bet at odds of 4/5 (1.8) or greater, to be credited with 3x £10 free bets: 1 x £10 Horse racing, 1 x £10 Free Bet Builder and 1 x £10 Football. Stake not returned. Opt-in required. 7-day expiry. 18+ BeGambleAware.org.
BetUK offer a quality football betting service and regularly have excellent odds and betting options for the Champions League. Their partnership with Manchester City increases the value on all games involving the Citizens.
Why we like BetUK
The betting market selection at BetUK is huge for the Champions League and their odds are invariably up there with the best.
What BetUK offers you
- Man City Profit Boost Promo: BetUK have a partnership with Manchester City and through this offer a promotion which can boost your winnings. Simply place a bet of £20+ on any Man City game. If it comes in, the bookie will increase your winnings by 10% up to £200!
- Great odds: BetUK consistently offer good and attractive odds for football and the Champions League is no exception For the four quarter final first leg ties their average payout was 95.8%, which represents great value for bettors.
- Cash out feature: BetUK has a cash out feature available on football bets, which enables you to take control if and leave with your winnings when things are going well. Alternatively, you can cut your losses if a bet looks like losing.
- Expert tips: Ex England international and Premier League winner Teddy Sherringham provides betting tips for BetUK punters.
- Acca Club: BetUK has an Acca club which can be applied to Champions League betting and can help you pocket free bets and profit boosts
- Football bet builder: There is an easy-to-use bet builder, consistent with the other best football betting sites, allowing you to combine different markets within a match.
Betfred has become one of the UK’s most popular betting sites since its online launch in 2004. Betfred is one of the most popular bookmakers for football betting and provides great betting options for the UEFA Champions League.
- Many promotions specific to football which can be applied to the Champions League
- Great football bet builder available to customise your wager (#PickYourPunt)
- Great in-play Champions League betting
New UK 18+ only. Register (excl. 13/04/2024) with promo code WELCOME40, Bet £10+ on Sports in one transaction within 7 days of registering. Get £30 Free Bets & £10 free spins within 10hrs of bet settlement. Bonuses expire 7 days after issue. Min odds, eligibility & payment exclusions apply. T&Cs apply.
Betfred have an excellent range of markets for European football as well as the domestic leagues and cups. Many of their promos can be applied to the Champions League. They have an excellent bet builder and a fantastic in-play section, putting them comfortably among the UK’s best UEFA Champions League betting websites.
Why we like Betfred
Betfred covers the Champions League with impressive depth. Their excellent football bet builder, #PickYourPunt allows you to customise your bet. There are many options to choose from, but if you can’t find the bet you want you can tweet @Betfred with your bet along with #PickYourPunt. There are excellent promotions which can be used for Champions League betting such as Double Delight and Hat-trick Heaven, both of which are available pre-match and in-play.
What Betfred offers you
- Brilliant promotions: You will also find that most Betfred promotions are focused on football and most of these can be applied to European matches. They have original offerings such as Double Delight and Hat-trick Heaven, both of which are available pre-match and in-play. Place a first goal scorer bet with Betfred on selected football matches including the Champions League and if your player scores a second goal, they’ll double your first scorer price, if he gets a hat-trick, they’ll treble the odds. As always, we recommend that you study the terms and conditions.
- Good Champions League Odds: Betfred’s average payout for the four Champions League quarter final first leg matches was 93.6%.
- Cash out and partial cash out feature: You can take full control of your Champions League bets with Betfred’s Cash Out and Partial Cash Out features. Secure your winnings on single and multiple bets before your bet has settled by heading to the ‘Cash Out’ tab on the right-hand side of the page.
- Betfred Blog: Betfred has a great blog with plenty of Champions League related articles and tips.
- Champions League bet builder markets: Betfred’s Bet Builder is in the form of #PickYourPunt, a feature that combines bet building with bet customisation. Customers can “build” their own bets, combining a range of markets to create their own unique wager. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, tweet Betfred with the hashtag #PickYourPunt to get your bet priced.
- In-play betting: Betfred offer some of their best football promotions, such as double delight and hat-trick heaven as in-play options. There are plenty of in-play betting markets to enjoy.
Unibet have become a very popular option for punters on a variety of sports. Their football coverage is of a high standard and they are up there with the best UEFA Champions League betting sites in the UK.
- Champions League statistics easy to access
- Boosts on Bet Builder
- Refer A Friend Bonus
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
Learn about form, player statistics and head-to-head records through Unibet with their informative Champions League statistics pages.
Why we like Unibet
You can research for your wagers at Unibet before making your Champions League picks. Their statistics package is just a click away. Their improved Bet Builder allows you to boost your selections. If you’re impressed with their offering, you can earn up to £150 by referring a friend.
What Unibet offers you
- Pages of stats: Just a click away from the Champions League odds you can access in-depth statistics on teams and players.
- Competitive Champions League Odds: Unibet offer good value prices in the Champions League.
- Uniboost: Unibet’s Bet Builder has improved recently. You can use their Uniboost feature to enhance a Bet Builder wager each day.
- Refer A Friend: If you refer a friend and they meet the qualifying criteria, you can receive £150.
- Professional website design: It is hard to fault the design of the Unibet website and app. Both look and feel professional.
BoyleSports has the second-most betting shops in Ireland. They have translated their success with in-person betting to a significant online presence. They are one of the best places to bet on the UEFA Champions League.
- Combined odds
- Price boosts
- Acca rewards
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Account & Payment method restrictions apply. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. T&Cs apply. T&Cs apply.
BoyleSports’ feature allowing you to combine odds in a market is something which stands out from many of its competitors.
Why we like BoyleSports
You can combine odds at BoyleSports, which is particularly appealing in the correct score market for UEFA Champions League fixtures. If you’re regularly placing accumulators, you will be lined up for rewards. They also boost Champions League wagers during the week of the matches.
What BoyleSports offers you
- Combined odds: In markets like correct score and anytime goalscorer, combine different wagers a unique bet. For instance, you can back the match to finish 1-1, 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0 rather than placing a bet on a specific score.
- Acca Rewards: Insure a leg of your accumulator or boost your winnings with BoyleSports’ Acca Rewards promotion.
- Price boosts: Find a selection of price boosts for each Champions League match on a dedicated tab.
- Acca Loyalty: You could be eligible for a £5 free accumulator if you place five other accumulators.
SBK are fairly new to the scene and are making a big impression on sports betting in the UK with their extremely competitive odds. SBK is a mobile only sportsbook established by Smarkets in 2019, which unsurprisingly has a great app and a superb all-round mobile service. Football is one of their main areas and their Champions League betting often gives punters great value.
- Great Champions League odds
- Superb App
- Loads of submarkets for Champions League matches
New UK, IE & Malta customers only. Min £10/€10 first deposit using Debit Card. Place a bet of £10 at min odds of 1.5 and get £10. Further £10 credited after 7 days and a further £10 credited after 14 days. Full T&Cs apply.18+. begambleaware.org
Competitive odds and great coverage of UEFA’s premier club competition and the sport as a whole, SBK is a great place to have a punt when on the move.
Why we like SBK:
SBK’s superb app and mobile offering make it one of the best sites to use if you are having a wager on the way to the match. Along with their fantastic odds for the English top-flight this makes SBK one of the UK’s best UEFA Champions League betting sites.
What SBK offers you
- Fantastic mobile experience/app: A contemporary and minimalist look, navigation is easy and user friendly. Using the app it is obvious that it was designed specifically for mobile phones, with the format suitable for a small screen. With fewer graphics and sound effects, it means that less powerful mobiles can also comfortably support the site. Perfect for Champions League bettors to place and keep track of wagers on matchday or for commuters to have a punt on a big European tie on the way home.
- Attractive Champions League Odds: SBK have consistently competitive football odds and this rings true for their coverage of the Champions League. For the four first leg quarter final matches their average payout was 96.8%.
- Great selection of submarkets: SBK have a fantastic amount of submarkets for football, often over 100 for a big European match.
- Variety of payment methods: SBK offer punters a wide range of payment options with its range of debit card and e-wallets accepted in line with or better than many of its competitors.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on the UEFA Champions League
Punters have a number of factors to take on board when looking for the UK’s best UEFA Champions League betting site. You need to decide what you want from your betting and look around to see which sites deliver what suits you as an individual.
Chris Sampson: In my opinion, Champions League bookmakers need to give a selection of match markets, both pre-match and in-play, and a range of outright betting options. Competitive odds are important as is the quality of the app available so you can bet and keep up-to-date on the move. It is important to have stats and information to hand as you may not be as familiar with teams from other European leagues compared to Premier League sides. As always, ensure the site is reputable, safe and secure.
Compare the best UEFA Champions League betting sites of 2024
The Champions League attracts huge audiences from all over the world and with it a lot of punters. Bettors will have different priorities when it comes to Champions League wagers, but a safe site with good value odds are two areas most will consider to be important. Beyond that other issues such as in-play betting, promos and accas come into play. Betting.com compare the leading Champions League bookies who make up the elite list of the best UEFA Champions League betting sites in the UK.
|In-play and player props
|Champions League odds
|Champions League Promos
|Loads of Champions League Stats
How to choose the best site for you
We have put the hours in to collect the strengths and weaknesses of the various UEFA Champions League online betting sites. Reaching a conclusion to pick your favourite bookie is a personal choice, though, and it is best to do some research for yourself before committing.
To help you out, here are a few useful criteria:
- Check licensing: Safety is paramount when betting. You want to be certain your data and bank details are safe. Betting with a licensed bookmaker is vital, so check their licences before signing up.
- Learn about welcome offers: Some welcome offers will be better suited to your betting habits than others. Look at the qualifying requirements for a sign-up promotion to be sure it works with the stakes you are going to deposit.
- Compare Champions League odds: All bookies will cover the Champions League, but some will have more odds than others. Have a look at the available markets and compare the prices.
- Evaluate payment options: If you have a preferred payment method in mind, read through how it works with the bookmaker. You want to stay away from fees for deposits and withdrawals. The best Champions League betting sites will process deposits and withdrawals quickly.
- Read some reviews: Bookmakers rely on reputation. Researching what other punters make of the experience with the bookie is a great way to learn what it is like being a regular bettor with them.
- Get the app: Being able to bet on the move is useful. Download the app and see if it’s something you’d be happy using frequently.
- Give signing up a go: If the general offering from a bookie is to your liking, it’s time to sign up and have a trial run. Most trusted bookies require you to provide documentation to verify your account as part of their Know Your Customer (KYC) scheme.
Betting on the UEFA Champions League explained
The UEFA Champions League is one of the most prestigious football tournaments in the world and the most prestigious club competition in European football, played by the national league champions (and, for some nations, one or more runners-up) of their national associations. It features some of the greatest teams from the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, the Bundesliga and more. Introduced in 1955 as The European Cup, the tournament was renamed as the Champions League in 1992 after a group stage was introduced in 1991, leading to its current format. So whether it’s a group game, a knockout encounter or the final itself, you know for certain it is football of the highest quality. That is what makes Champions League betting so thrilling. Champions League betting attracts spectators and bettorrs from across Europe and beyond. If you want to have a punt there are several types of bets you can make on the Champions League.
The best UEFA Champions League betting sites in the UK will display odds for many different markets. Firstly you will find odds for the outright winner, performance of individual teams or players, which teams will qualify from the group stages, which teams will drop into the Europa League, which teams will make the quarterfinals and semi finals plus many more . These will change on an almost daily basis due to results, form, and the draw. Each match will display odds for the result (home win, away win, draw). Again these will move as things change (injuries, suspensions etc.) in the build up to the game. Generally if you add up the percentage probability of each of the three possible outcomes you can determine whether the odds are good value. Naturally the three percentages should make 100, however, that would leave the bookie without profit. What is a fair margin varies from sport to sport, however in football 110 and under is considered fair, while the bookies who offer the best football odds usually average around 105 (95% payout). Within each match you can find other markets to bet on such as exact score, goal scorers, number of corners or cards, result at half time etc.
Just like selecting your preferred bookie, there is a lot to consider when making football picks. Recent form, injuries, suspensions, upcoming fixtures and style of play/characteristics of the teams are all important factors to weight up when betting on the Champions League.
Types of Champions League bets
Champions League bettors have never had more options available. Punters can, for example, bet on outright winners, match results, player props and match stats. Accas and multiples are very popular. Bettors pick a number of games to predict the result from, with, for example, odds given for selecting four out of four correct results
A future or outright bet is a wager on an event which is often some way down the line. Punters often bet on the winner of the Champions League, positions in the group, the teams who will qualify from the group or make a particular round. Bets such as this can be made on individual players too, for example top goal scorer in the Champions League.
For an individual match punters bet on which team will win, or whether the game will end as a draw. An extension of this is betting on a specific result (Barcelona to win 2-1) or betting on both teams to score (Manchester City to win, both teams to score).
Over/Under (Total) bets
Betting the over/under in a match simply means you are wagering on how many goals will be scored overall, NOT how many one team will score, nor who will win. So for example you might bet that AC Milan v Arsenal will have under 3.5 goals, or you may wager that Liverpool v Real Madrid will have over 3.5 goals in total.
As it sounds, double chance betting involves predicting two of the three possible outcomes in a soccer match. In any game you will have three double chance options: Team 1 win + draw (e.g. Bayern Munich and draw). Team 2 win + draw (e.g. Manchester City and draw). Team 1 or Team 2 win (e.g. Bayern Munich or Manchester City to win).
Parlay: A parlay involves more than one wager combined together for greater odds. You can place a same game Champions League parlay — multiple events from one matchup — or alternatively, events across multiple games. Comprising three doubles and a treble, a Trixie is three selections and four bets. At least two of the selections must land to guarantee a payout.
As stated earlier accumulators, where punters try to match a number of results, are hugely popular in football betting in general and Champions League betting in particular. Accumulators combine multiple selections into one bet and are among the most popular forms of betting on football. This is because they offer the potential reward of big returns for small stakes as the winnings from each selection are placed on the next one.
The obvious risk is that all the bets have to win for the bettor to receive a payout. However, some bookmakers offer accumulator insurance so if one of your selections (minimum five selections) lets you down you will receive your stake back as a free bet.
Handicap betting helps punters get better odds if a game appears to be one-sided.
Prop markets are becoming more common, and they allow customers to bet on anything that may unfold during a game. This can include the number of passes, tackles and shots by individual players as well as the amount of free kicks, goal kicks or throw-ins in a fixture.
Common prop bets include:
First team to score
Which team will score last
Player to score 2+/hat-trick
First player to be shown a card
Number of shots a player will have
Depending on the bookie, there may be options to include props in a mixed parlay. Many bookmakers have football bet builders and the option to tweet your customised bets to the bookie to get odds quoted.
Lots of football bettors enjoy the excitement of live betting as the match flows. Bettors can follow the action then use their judgement to place bets as the game unfolds. Live-streaming has made this more popular. Bookmakers offer several markets, such as the next goal scorer, which team will win the next corner or throw-in, or who will be the next player to be shown a yellow card.
The best Champions League online betting sites will offer odds on the top goalscorer in the competition. This is a popular wager among those who enjoy betting on the Champions League.
Get to know more about the UEFA Champions League to bet smarter
The UEFA Champions League is one of the most prestigious competitions in football. TThe current champions are Real Madrid, who have won a record 14 European Cups/UEFA Champions Leagues. Celtic were the first British club to win the trophy in 1967 while Manchester United were the first English team to triumph in 1968. Liverpool have won the competition six times, a record for British clubs.
The tournament now lasts all year, with the preliminary and qualifying rounds taking place in late June, and the final occurring in late May or early June the following year. Six rounds take place before the final 32 teams are selected to begin the full competition. The top four teams from England, Germany, Spain, and Italy automatically qualify for the group stage of the Champions League as those nations are ranked the highest by UEFA. Any European team can be put forward for the preliminary rounds.
Other unique aspects of the Champions League are that, after the first qualifying round, the losing teams then enter either the Europa League or the Europa Conference League and there are two paths to the Champions League. The first is the Champions Path, which is made up of any league champion that does not qualify to go directly to the group stage. The League Path consists of all leagues non-champions which do not qualify directly for the group stage. After the group stages some of the third placed teams drop into the Europa League, rather than being completely eliminated from European competition for the season. Each year the final is held in a different country, with the 2024 final due to take place in the UK at Wembley Stadium, London.
Who is the favourite to win the UEFA Champions League in 2023/24?
At the time of writing Manchester City are favourites to win the Champions League in 2023/24 ahead of Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Arsenal and Barcelona.
UEFA Champions League Recent Winners
- 2022/23– Manchester City
- 2021/22 – Real Madrid
- 2020/21 – Chelsea
- 2019/20 – Bayern Munich
- 2018/19 – Liverpool
- 2017/18 – Real Madrid
- 2016/17 – Real Madrid
- 2015/16 – Real Madrid
- 2014/15 – Barcelona
Who is competing in the UEFA Champions League in 2023/24?
The following teams have qualified for the group stages of the 2023/24 UEFA Champions League:
- Group A: Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Copenhagen, Galatasaray
- Group B: Sevilla, Arsenal, PSV, Lens
- Group C: Napoli, Real Madrid, Braga, Union Berlin
- Group D: Benfica, Inter Milan, RB Salzburg, Real Sociedad
- Group E: Feyenoord, Atletico Madrid, Lazio, Celtic
- Group F: PSG, Borussia Dortmund, AC Milan, Newcastle United
- Group G: Manchester City, RB Leipzig, Red Star Belgrade, Young Boys
- Group H: Barcelona, Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Royal Antwerp
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
- Qualifiers: June 27 and June 30
- Qualifying Round 1: July 11/12 and July 18/19
- Qualifying round 2: 25/26 July and 1/2 August
- Qualifying round 3: August 8/9 and August 15
- Playoff: August 22/23 and August 29/30
- Group games: 19/20 September to 12/13 December
- Round of 16: 13/14/20/21 February and 5/6/12/13 March 2024
- Quarter-finals: 9/10 and 16/17 April 2024
- Semi-finals: 30 April/1 May and 7/8 May 2024
- Final: 1 June 2024