Bet365 is arguably the most well-known bookmaker in the UK. Long-time sponsors of Stoke City, the Potteries-based bookie has numerous offers for football punters.
- Bonuses on Europa League accumulators
- Early payouts
- More markets than many rivals
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
Accumulators can be considerably boosted at Bet365 with winnings increased by up to 70%.
Why we like Bet365
Bet365 is a good place to back Europa League accas. Your winnings can be boosted by as much as 70%. If the team you’ve backed takes a two-goal lead, your bet will be marked as a winner, eliminating any stress about a comeback. As is the case with many sports, Bet365 also has a greater depth of markets than many of their competitors.
What Bet365 offers you
- Accumulator bonus: Pre-match accumulators of two or more selections can qualify for an accumulator bonus. The size of the bonus depends on the number of legs in your wager.
- Early payout: Bet365 will mark your bet as a winner if the team you’ve backed goes two goals ahead. This also applies if it is one leg in an acca.
- Depth of markets: You have more choice at Bet365 than at many other Europa League online betting sites thanks to the number of markets.
- Bet Boost: There are tonnes of Bet Boost options at Bet365 throughout the Europa League. These include bet builders, special markets and trebles.
SpreadEx burst onto the scene as a spread betting platform just before the millennium. It now also runs a quality fixed-odds sportsbook and its coverage of European football places them among the best Europa League betting sites in the UK.
- Good range/depth of markets for the Europa League
- Easy to switch between spread betting and fixed odds
- Competitive odds
Place a £25 fixed odds single bet at min. odds of 1/2 and get 5 x £5 free fixed odds single bets, as well as 2 x £5 free totals goals bets, 2 x £5 winning favourite bets, and 50 free spins on Starburst. Free bets applied to account on consecutive days. 18+ begambleaware.org T&Cs apply.
SpreadEx cover the Europa League really well, providing deep markets for each match, good value odds and the option to switch to spread betting.
Why we like SpreadEx
SpreadEx have great depth to their Europa League markets, both for fixed odds and spread betting. They offer great betting options in-play and pre-match and for outrights as well as individual matches. There is flexibility for punters who want to try their hand at spread betting and they offer good value odds.
What SpreadEx offers you
- Good value odds: SpreadEx consistently offer good quality odds for the Europa League.
- Versatility: It is quick and seamless to move between spread betting and fixed odds at SpreadEx. You can easily compare the odds and markets.
- Great range of markets: SpreadEx have a whole host of markets and betting options for Europa League punters.
- Quality bet builder: SpreadEx have a comprehensive bet builder and the #NameIt tab has a list of ready made wagers.
- Bonus for referrals: Refer a friend to SpreadEx and you could receive a free bet of £100.
Betfred was created with the winning from a bet on England to win the 1966 World Cup. Appropriately, they have established themselves as an excellent football bookmaker and one of the top Europa League online betting sites.
- Daily price boosts on football
- Goal scorer offers
New 18+ UK customers. Register with Welcome40. Deposit, using a Debit Card, and place first bet on sports within 7 days of registering. Bet must be £10+ at Evens (2.0)+ in one bet transaction. £40 in Free Bets credited within 10 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. First bet must be settled within 7 days of registration. Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs apply.
Construct your own wager or pick from other combination bets with Betfred’s #PickYourPunt feature. You can also enjoy their goalscoring promos and their superb blog.
Why we like Betfred
You can use #PickYourPunt to mix any markets you fancy for the Europa League. With matches taking place on Thursdays, Betfred dedicates many of its Daily Price Boosts to the Europa League. Their goal scorer offers, Double Delight and Hat-trick Heaven, give the chance of significant winnings.
What Betfred offers you
- #PickYourPunt: Contact Betfred using the hashtag to combine a selection of picks. Alternatively, scroll through pre-made #PickYourPunt bets and see if you can find some value.
- Daily Price Boosts: Betfred keeps its Daily Price Boosts section well-stocked during Europa League match days.
- Double Delight and Hat-Trick Heaven: Back a player to score first and you could be eligible for their market-leading goal scorer offers.
- Acca Insurance: Pre-match accumulators of five or more legs can be covered by accumulator insurance.
Rebranded multiple times since it was founded in 1946, BetVictor has been known by its current name since 2012. In that period, the company has become regarded as one of the best Europa League betting sites in the UK.
- Bet Builder for Europa League
- Loyalty Club
- High returns on welcome offer
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 2x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. Please gamble responsibly
The BetVictor Bet Builder is one of the best on the market for its functionality and design.
Why we like BetVictor
BetVictor provides an excellent Bet Builder. It is both functional and easy-to-use, while providing a sufficient range of markets. Their Loyalty Club can be lucrative if you are a regular punter. Of all the welcome offers from the best Europa League betting sites in 2023, BetVictor’s is among the strongest.
What BetVictor offers you
- Superb Bet Builder: It is hard to fault the BetVictor Bet Builder. Well-designed and quick to load, you can rapidly put together a wager.
- Loyalty Club: Place five wagers of £5 or more in a week and you will be given a virtual box containing a free bet between £1 and £25.
- Good sign up deal: Only a £5 bet is required for the BetVictor welcome offer. Qualify for the welcome promo and you can get £30.
- Pick 6: Football fans can compete in Pick 6 for free, which gives you the chance to win £1000.
BoyleSports has the second-most betting shops in Ireland. They have translated their success with in-person betting to a significant online presence.
- Combined odds
- Acca rewards
- Europa League price boost
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Account & Payment method restrictions apply. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. T&Cs apply. T&Cs apply.
BoyleSports’ feature allowing you to combine odds in a market is something which stands out from many of its competitors.
Why we like BoyleSports
You can combine odds at BoyleSports, which is particularly appealing in the correct score market for Europa League fixtures. If you’re regularly placing accumulators, you will be lined up for rewards. They also boost Europa League wagers during the week of the matches.
What BoyleSports offers you
- Combined odds: In markets like correct score and anytime goalscorer, combine different wagers a unique bet. For instance, you can back the match to finish 1-1, 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0 rather than placing a bet on a specific score.
- Acca Rewards: Insure a leg of your accumulator or boost your winnings with BoyleSports’ Acca Rewards promotion.
- Price boosts: Find a selection of price boosts for each Europa League match on a dedicated tab.
- Acca Loyalty: You could be eligible for a £5 free accumulator if you place five other accumulators.
SBK are a fairly new mobile only sportsbook. Their competitive odds and superb mobile offering is quickly becoming an important part of the UK betting scene. Football is one of their main areas and they are among the UK’s leading Europa League betting sites.
- Competitive Europa League Odds
- Quick bet builder feature
- Brilliant mobile service and app
New UK, IE & Malta customers only. Min £10/€10 first deposit using Debit Card. Place a bet of £10 at min odds of 1.5 and get £10. Further £10 credited after 7 days and a further £10 credited after 14 days. Full T&Cs apply.18+. begambleaware.org
Competitive odds, an instant bet builder feature and great coverage of Europa League football and the sport as a whole, SBK is a great place to have a bet when on the move.
Why we like SBK:
SBK’s superb app and mobile offering make it one of the best sites to use if you are having a wager on the go. Their Quick Builder feature allows you to get your bet builder wagers on quickly if time is running out before kick off. Along with their competitive odds and range of markets this makes SBK one of the UK’s best Europa League betting sites.
What SBK offers you
- Great mobile experience/app: A modern look and pleasing to the eye, navigation is easy and user friendly. Using the app it is obvious that it was designed specifically for mobile phones, with everything fitting comfortably into a small screen. With less graphics and sound effects, it means that less powerful mobiles can also comfortably support the site.
- Attractive Europa League Odds: SBK have consistently competitive football odds and the Europa League is no exception.
- Great selection of submarkets: SBK have a fantastic amount of submarkets.
- Quick Builder: The bookie’s instant bet builder allow you to rapidly place your Europa League wagers as kick off approaches.
- Variety of payment methods: SBK offer punters a wide range of payment options with its range of debit card and e-wallets accepted in line with or better than many of its competitors.
Why we like SBK:
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Europa League
Punters have different priorities when trying to pick the best Europa League betting sites in 2023. Some are keen to have the best customer service. Others will want a hefty welcome offer. Of course, the value of the odds matters greatly, but there are a lot of other factors for punters to ponder.
Sam Cox: In my opinion, the top Europa League online betting sites will have specific promotions and special markets for the competition. I want to see options for bettors, meaning a range of markets and the ability to create your own wager through either a bet builder or combining odds.
Compare the best Europa League betting sites of 2023
Football is at the forefront for every major bookmaker. The Europa League might be overshadowed by the Champions League for some fans, but it is still very important for bookies. As a result, they put a lot of effort into their Europa League package, leaving punters with a huge amount of information to take in.
Here’s a quick look at the best Europa League betting sites in 2023 .
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|Betfred||4.4/5||Goal scorer promotions||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
At Betting.com, we have started the process for finding your favourite Europa League bookmaker. This is a personal decision, though, so you should do some research for yourself before reaching a conclusion.
As you look around, these are seven things to consider:
- Licences are a must: The only way to be confident about the safety of your personal information is by betting with a licensed bookmaker.
- Weigh up welcome offers: As you get used to a new bookie, a good welcome offer can be a great starting point. Read up on the terms to make sure their offer will work with your betting habits and stakes.
- Search for Europa League odds: All bookmakers cover the Europa League, but the extent of their odds can vary significantly.
- Learn about payments: You are probably already decided on your preferred payment method. Check it is available with the bookie, and see if there are any fees associated. Being able to quickly withdraw winnings is important.
- Read some reviews: Bookies earn their reputations. Use Google to find some reviews and have a read through to discover what others have made of the experience.
- Download their app: Mobile betting is a staple of sports gambling in the 2020s. Try out their app and double-check that all the features and promotions are available there.
- Sign up: If you think you have found the right bookie, it’s time to try them out. The registration and verification process can tell you a lot about how a bookmaker treats its punters.
Betting on Europa League explained
A competition which has evolved throughout its existence, betting on the Europa League is also not the same as it was during the UEFA Cup days. Wagering on the go and in-play betting has completely changed the Europa League betting experience.
Europa League odds are available from qualifying in the summer months through to the final in May or June. Match markets will be live soon after the schedule is released, while the best Europa League betting sites in the UK will have outright odds available throughout the tournament.
You need to know about form, statistics and injury news to make your Europa League picks. Teams also approach this competition differently, so it is useful to have an understanding of how seriously they will take the matches. Look for how they have fared in previous UEFA events.
Types of Europa League bets
The types of bets available at the best Europa League betting sites will be familiar to anyone who has bet on football in the past.
You can find the match winner market at the top of each dedicated game page for the Europa League. There are some heavy favourites in this competition, so a lot of punters will opt to combine them in an accumulator.
The best Europa League betting sites will set a line for the total number of goals in a match. You then simply bet on the over or under.
Player props vary from goalscorer markets to how many passes a player will complete or whether they will receive a card. These are often used in bet builders.
Outright Europa League betting covers many markets. The most common is betting on who will lift the trophy. You can also wager on the top goal scorer in the competition, whether teams will qualify from their group and how far a team will get.
Europa League betting strategies
Set aside a chunk of time to hone your Europa League betting strategy. Sites like Who Scored and FB Reference are useful for checking out form and statistics. You will also need to look around for injury news and see if the managers are planning to rotate their squads at all.
Get to know more about Europa League to bet smarter
The Europa League is the second tier of continental competition organised by UEFA. It was first played in 1971 as the UEFA Cup when it was the third tier of competition. In 1999, the UEFA Cup merged with the Cup Winners’ Cup and in 2004, a group stage was added.
In 2009, the competition was rebranded to become known as the Europa League. It was also expanded to include more teams from around the continent.
The current format begins with a string of qualifying rounds, with losers from the Champions League dropping in throughout. A group stage takes place during the first half of the league season, with more teams eliminated from the Champions League joining for the knockout rounds. All knockout ties are played over two legs until the final.
The winner of the Europa League meets the Champions League winners in the Super Cup at the start of the following season. Since 2014-15, the tournament winner also earns automatic qualification to the Champions League.
Sevilla are the most successful team in Europa League history, having lifted the trophy on six occasions, including a three-peat in the mid-2010s. Celtic legend Henrik Larsson is the competition’s all-time leading scorer ahead of Radamel Falcao and Klaas Jan-Huntelaar.
Europa League Recent Winners
- 2022/23 – Sevilla
- 2021/22 – Eintracht Frankfurt
- 2020/21 – Villarreal
- 2019/20 – Sevilla
- 2018/19 – Chelsea
- 2017/18 – Atletico Madrid
- 2016/17 – Manchester United
- 2015/16 – Sevilla
- 2014/15 – Sevilla
Who is the favourite to win the Europa League in 2023/24?
Juventus are the favourites to win the 2022-23 Europa League. All four remaining teams are close together in the outright odds, however, with Bayer Leverkusen as short as 5/2 behind Juve. Roma come in at 11/4 with some bookmakers, while Europa League specialists Sevilla are 3/1 to lift the trophy.
Of the four remaining sides, Roma are the only team to have not won the UEFA Cup or Europa League. They did, however, lift the inaugural Europa Conference League in 2022.
Who is competing in the Europa League in 2023/24?
The following teams will be in the Europa League group stage:
- West Ham, England (Europa Conference League Champions)
- Liverpool, England
- Rome, Italy
- Atalanta, Italy
- Villarreal, Spain
- Bayer Leverkusen, Germany
- Sporting, Portugal
- Rennes, France
- Real Betis, Spain
- Brighton and Hove, England
- Toulouse, France
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
The Europa League begins in July with qualifying games and usually ends at the end of May, beginning of June. The 2023/24 Europa League final will be played on Wednesday 22 May at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin, Ireland. Here are the important dates for this year’s tournament:
- Knockout round play-offs: 15 and 22 February 2024
- Round of 16: 7 and 14 March 2024
- Quarter-finals: 11 and 18 April 2024
- Semi-finals: 2 and 9 May 2024
- Final: 22 May 2024