A solid and reliable bookie, William Hill offer a great service for snooker.
- Excellent range of Snooker markets
- Daily enhanced odds often includes snooker
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 18.10.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply.
William Hill provides a large variety of markets in snooker, with great pre-match and in-play options, including regular price boosts. William Hill is a top quality snooker betting site.
Why we like William Hill
William Hill offers good value and a great range of markets in Snooker. They offer great odds for snooker, which are regularly boosted with their daily enhanced odds. The bookie allow you to construct customised wagers with #YourOdds. William Hill is clearly one of the UK’s best Snooker betting sites.
What William Hill offers you
- Large range of Snooker betting markets: William Hill cover the sport comprehensively with different markets, pre-match and in-play.
- Customised wagers: Customise your wager at William Hill with #YourOdds
- Highly competitive odds for Snooker: We looked at 3 matches from the WST classic in March 2023. William Hill’s average payout was 95.3%, which was equal to bet365 and better than BetUK, 888sport and the vast majority of other leading sportsbooks.
- Regular enhanced odds promos: Look for boosted odds on Snooker in the run up to matches. William Hill’s website offers enhanced odds on a daily basis across a range of sports and events.
The pride of Stoke-on-Trent, bet365 are one of the biggest and best bookies in the world. Their snooker coverage is right up there with the best in the
- Excellent in-play betting and live streaming for snooker
- Great odds for snooker
- Abundance of markets for snooker punters
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
Competitive odds which regularly benefit from odds boosts, a large range of markets and great in-play betting with fantastic live streaming, bet365 are one of the UK’s best snooker betting websites.
Why we like bet365
Snooker fans can enjoy great in-play betting with live streaming, great pre-match options and fantastic odds at bet365.
What bet365 offers you
- Excellent blog with snooker articles: Punters can read articles on snooker and previews of tournaments on the bookie’s blog in order to make more informed choices when betting on snooker. Read the blog here.
- Great in-play betting with excellent live streaming: You can take advantage of a range of in-play betting markets and keep pace with the action through the bookie’s superb live streaming.
- Competitive snooker odds with Bet Boosts each day: bet365 have daily odds boosts which often includes snooker. They offer attractive odds for snooker. We looked at 3 matches from the WST classic in March 2023 and bet365’s average payout was 95.3%. This was equal to William Hill and better than BetUK, Betfair, Unibet and the vast majority of other leading sportsbooks.
- Cash out available in snooker: Cash out options are available so you can lock in your profits or cut your losses on your snooker wagers.
Established in 2020, BetUK are vibrant, fresh and are establishing themselves as a top UK bookie. Best known for football and horse racing, their snooker coverage is also attractive to punters.
- Best Odds for EPL
- Best Odds for UCL
- Prompt to offer outrights on the big championships, including specials on 147s
- Smooth website and app
- Great odds for snooker
BetUK attract punters with a generous welcome offer and quality odds and there are enough markets and specials in snooker to keep fans of the game interested.
Why we like BetUK
BetUK’s snooker offerings include great odds and a good range of markets. They are quick off the mark to offer outright odds for major tournaments, including specials such as the number of maximum breaks.
What BetUK offers you
- Early outright offers ahead of tournaments: BetUK are quick to price up tournaments and left other leading bookies in their slipstream when offering specials on maximum breaks in the world championships.
- Slick, speedy and user friendly website and app: Using BetUK’s app and website smooth and hassle free allowing punters to focus on the betting options available rather than navigation.
- Bet UK Acca Club: Join Bet UK’s Acca Club to receive profit boosts on certain wagers. Free bets are available.
- Competitive odds for snooker: We looked at 3 matches from the WST classic in March 2023 and BetUK’s average payout was 94.8%. While this couldn’t quite match William Hill and bet365 (95.3%) BetUK were equal to Unibet and better than Betfred, Coral, Ladbrokes and a number of the other bigger bookmakers.
One of the best sportsbooks around, Unibet continue to develop and their coverage of snooker is most impressive.
- Great range of snooker betting options
- Great snooker odds
- Live streaming
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
Unibet offer great betting options, live streaming and competitive odds, making them a popular choice for UK snooker bettors.
Why we like Unibet
Punters are greeted with a smart interface on either the Unibet website or app. Menus are simple, making navigation easy. Snooker punters have a great range of markets on individual matches, both pre match and live, with attractive odds to back this up. Their streaming of matches helps you stay in touch with the actions.
What Unibet offers you
- Many betting options on individual matches: Unibet provides you with a great variety of markets, including frame betting, race betting (first to a particular number of frames), handicap betting, totals and exact scores along with the standard match result bets. You can bet pre-match or watch the action unfold through a stream or graphic and bet accordingly.
- Live streaming for snooker: Unibet customers with a funded account can enjoy snooker matches on a live stream..
- Competitive odds for snooker: We looked at 3 matches from the WST classic in March 2023 and 888sport’s average payout was 94.8%. This couldn’t quite match William Hill and bet365 (95.3%) but Unibet were equal with BetUK and better than Coral, Ladbrokes, Betfair, Paddy Power, Betfred, SpreadEx and a number of other sportsbooks
- User-friendly interface: Unibet’s website and app well-designed and pleasing to the eye, making it a straight-forward experience for bettors.
Ladbrokes was founded way back in 1886, and merged with Coral in 2016. Not only one of the best snooker betting sites, Ladbrokes also has plenty of in-person bookies.
- Good snooker odds
- Lots of snooker specials
- Ability to boost your wager
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 4x £5 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions + T&Cs apply.
With a reputation for providing good snooker odds, Ladbrokes is always a bookmaker to consider and a good benchmark when comparing prices.
Why we like Ladbrokes
Ladbrokes offers punters good snooker odds in both their match and outright markets. There are often specials available, which can be found in their own section on the snooker page. Bettors also have the option to boost certain wagers of their choice on the Ladbrokes website and app.
What Ladbrokes offers you
- Good odds: Ladbrokes offer good value snooker odds.
- Different specials: Ladbrokes puts together some interesting snooker specials. It can be a good place to find a fun wager or two.
- Odds Boost: Bettors are given Odds Boost tokens to use at Ladbrokes. You can pick when to add this to a wager to increase your potential winnings.
- Fresh promotions: Ladbrokes regularly updates its promotions across every sport. Punters are unlikely to get bored of their offering with how frequently they bring out new offers.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Snooker
Bettors have many factors to evaluate when looking for a Snooker betting site. The bookie must be well regulated and trustworthy. The quality of odds offered are vital along with the design and feel of the website, promotions, in-play betting, live streaming and the quality and accessibility of customer service. To be considered one of the best Snooker betting sites, bookmakers must rate highly in all of these areas.
Chris Sampson: Firstly, the company must be secure and reputable, with straightforward deposits and withdrawals. The Snooker odds must be competitive, and the bookie must provide a range of betting options for individual matches and for outrights. Specific promos for Snooker and promos which can be applied to Snooker, are important. Websites should be responsive and easy to use on both the desktop and the app.
Compare the best Snooker betting sites of 2023
Snooker is a popular sport for UK bettors and each of the top bookies cover the sport well. Individual punters will have different priorities, so it is up to you to weigh up what you want in terms of your snooker betting. We’ve compared the top sites to be on Snooker:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|William Hill||4.8/5||Customised wagers||Review|
|bet365||4.7/5||Great in-play betting with excellent live-streaming||Review|
|BetUK||4.6/5||Outrights and specials available quickly ahead of tournaments||Review|
|Unibet||4.6/5||Great range of Snooker markets on individual matches||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
Identifying the best Snooker betting sites isn’t an easy task with so many options out there. You can only get a real idea of what works for you by trying sites out and extensively researching their promotions.
When looking at Snooker online betting sites, these seven points are important to keep in mind:
- Safety is key: To keep your cash and data safe, you should always play on licensed and secure betting sites.
- Weigh up welcome offers: Not all welcome offers are the same. Each punter has different betting habits and will value different things when signing up to a new bookie, so make sure you find a site with a welcome offer which suits you.
- Analyse their Snooker prices: Before leaping in, have a look through the Snooker markets to get a feel for the value on offer. All punters want the best odds. It is worth comparing between sportsbooks to see which have the most competitive prices. Check out who offers the best value on specific tournaments and compare bookmaker’s odds over three individual matches to test their consistency.
- Consider payment and banking options: Making sure you can deposit and withdraw money safely and quickly is very important. It is worth seeing which bookies offer certain payment methods and comparing the fees involved and timescale for receiving your winnings.
- Tried and trusted bookies are worth it: Some bookmakers have a better reputation than others. The best snooker betting sites will retain customers through the quality of their service, customer support and integrity.
- Bet on the go: Mobile apps are a large part of the bookmakers’ offering. Being able to scroll through odds, live stream and contact customer service through your phone or tablet is useful, especially if you like to bet when out and about.
- Try signing up: Registration with a new bookmaker should be a quick, smooth and straightforward process. The only way to get a feel of a betting site is to sign up yourself and look at what they can offer. Most trusted bookies require you to provide documentation to verify your account as part of their Know Your Customer (KYC) scheme.
Betting on Snooker explained
Snooker is a popular option for bettors in the UK. Punters can find betting options on the major tournaments, including outrights, individual matches and specials such as maximum breaks and highests breaks.
How Are Snooker Betting Odds Calculated?
Snooker betting odds are calculated on the probability of something happening.
In terms of betting on the outcome of a match by adding up the percentage probability of each of the two possible outcomes you can determine whether the odds are good value. Naturally the two percentages should make 100, however, that would leave the bookie without profit. What is a fair margin varies from sport to sport, however in Snooker 110 and under is considered fair, while the bookies who offer the best Snooker odds usually average around 106 (94% payout).
Just like selecting your preferred bookmaker, there is a lot to consider when making Snooker picks. Recent form and style of play/characteristics of the players are all important factors.
Types of Snooker bets
Snooker bettors have never had more options available. Punters can, for example, bet on outright winners and match results. Accas and multiples are also becoming popular. Bettors pick a number of games to predict the result from, with, for example, odds given for selecting four out of four correct results.
This is a bet on an event which is often some way down the line. Punters often bet on outright winners (the winner of a tournament, for example the World Championships or the Masters). You can also get specials to bet on, such as the number of 147s made in a tournament or which player will make the highest break in the tournament. Bookies can also offer odds on whether a player will win one or more of the big three snooker tournaments which make up the triple crown. These are the World Snooker Championships, the invitational Masters and the UK Snooker Championships.
For an individual match punters bet on which player will win. An extension of this is betting on a specific result.
Over/Under (Total) bets
Betting the over/under in a match simply means you are wagering on how many frames there will be in a match or how many points will be scored in a frame.
Odd or Even bets
Punters can bet on whether a match will have an odd or even number of frames
Each way bets
Best known for use in horse racing betting but also applicable to the likes of football, tennis and snooker, each-way betting is a way of hedging your bets and possibly getting paid out on two different outcomes if you are unsure of how you should wager.
In snooker, you would use the each-way bet system for the winner of a tournament. If you think a certain player could go on and win a competition but you are not totally convinced, then placing an each-way bet would see you backing the player to reach the final and win, therefore you would be paid out as a winner if your player either wins the competition or is a losing finalist.
However, be aware of the fact that the odds will change quite a lot if you choose to use the each-way market. If a player is 10/1 to win the competition, they would likely have shorter odds in the each-way betting market, such as of 5/1. You then need to work out whether the each-way bet is worthwhile, as if your player wins, you will be paid out at odds of 5/1, but if they only make it to the final, you would be paid out at odds that are usually cut by around a quarter, meaning the pay out is far smaller.
You should also be aware of the fact that a £10 each-way bet will see you placing a £10 bet on your player to win, and a £10 bet on your player to place, meaning the total stake it worth £20.
Parlay: A parlay involves more than one wager combined together for greater odds. You can place a same game Snooker parlay — multiple events from one matchup — or alternatively, events across multiple games. Comprising three doubles and a treble, a Trixie is three selections and four bets. At least two of the selections must land to guarantee a payout.
As stated earlier, accumulators, where punters try to match a number of results, are becoming more popular in Snooker betting.
The obvious risk is that all the bets have to win for the bettor to receive a payout. However, some bookmakers, offer accumulator insurance so if one of your selections (minimum five selections) lets you down you will receive your stake back as a free bet.
Handicap betting helps punters get better odds if a game appears to be one-sided. This is a popular option in snooker and all of the top bookies have this on offer. A handicap market will see you giving a positive or negative figure to one of the two players. If you want to wager on a certain player in a match but they are the odds – on favourite, you can apply a handicap of, for example, -1.5 frames. This means your player must win by two frames or more for your bet to come in. Adding a negative handicap will see the odds of your choice winning drift, offering more value and more danger to your bet. You can also apply this the other way with a positive handicap, meaning that you give an underdog a head start and more of a chance of winning, although this will see the odds shorten.
Race betting means betting on the first player to reach a number of frames (for example three) in a match.
Prop markets are becoming more common, and they allow customers to bet on anything that may unfold during a game. Highest breaks and 147s are the most popular prop bets in snooker.
Lots of Snooker bettors enjoy the excitement of live betting as the match flows. Bettors can follow the action then use their judgement to place bets as the game unfolds. Live streaming has made this more popular. Bookmakers offer several markets, such as which player will win the next frame or who will pot the first red in a frame.
Snooker betting strategies
It is important to do some background research before making your wager. Look into form and styles of play. In tournaments look at the previous round. If one player won easily while another was in a long, mentally tiring match it could make a difference, especially in the early frames. Try to apply your knowledge and understanding of the game to your selections. Look at the types of bets you prefer and develop your own strategy. Above all, gamble responsibly and make it fun.
Popular Snooker events to bet on
Snooker is a popular sport with UK punters. The biggest tournaments are as follows:
- World Snooker Championships: The World Championship is played each year at The Crucible Theatre in Sheffield. The tournament runs for just over two weeks, usually beginning in mid-to-late April with the final being played over two days, finishing on the May Day bank holiday. The current length format of matches per round is as follows. The first round is played over best of 19 frames, played over two sessions. The second round and quarter-finals are the best of 25 frames played over three sessions; while the semi-finals and final are played over four sessions, the semi-finals being best of 33 frames and the final being best of 35 frames. Great mental strength is required to succeed at this tournament.
- The Masters: Usually held in January, the Masters is an invitational tournament. Held every year since 1975, it is the second-longest-running professional tournament after the World Snooker Championship. Along with the World Championships and the UK championship it is part of Snooker’s triple crown.
- UK Championships: The UK Championship is the third of snooker’s prestigious Triple Crown events, along with the World Championship and the Masters. It is usually held at the Barbican Centre, York in November.
- Other competitions: Other ranking events throughout the season attract punters and are covered by the top betting sites. The season runs from August until April.