As a sponsor of Rangers, Unibet has a connection with one of Scottish football’s giants. The bookmaker has developed a stellar reputation over the last few years.
- Accessible odds on Scottish Premiership
- Statistics hub
- Daily boosts
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
Scottish Premiership odds are sometimes buried at the bottom of lists or several clicks away but there’s no such concern with Unibet.
Why we like Unibet
How Unibet lay out their odds is a massive positive. They also help you to conduct research with their statistics pages on the Scottish Premier League. Should you want to try their bet builder, you can boost your own wagers. Odds for the Scottish Premiership and all things concerning the league are easily assessable on the Unibet site.
What Unibet offers you
- Quick route to Scottish Premiership odds: Unibet makes it easy to reach their SPL odds, as the league is listed high up on the football page.
- Stats powered by Sports Radar: Unibet’s partnership with Sports Radar gives you an abundance of stats to look through on a range of sports and leagues, including the Scottish Premiership.
- Uniboost: Delve into the improved Bet Builder on Unibet and you can use a daily Uniboost to enhance your odds.
- Refer-a-Friend Bonus: Know someone who might like Unibet? You could receive £150 if the requirements are met.
Founded in 2006, Betway are one of the UK’s leading betting companies. They are one of the best football betting sites around. They are currently high profile within the sport, providing sponsorship for Premier League side West Ham United. They provide great Scottish Premiership coverage.
- Easily accessible Scottish Premiership statistics
- Excellent website design
- Promos which can be applied to Scottish Premiership betting.
New UK customers only. Min Deposit: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. First bet on a Football or Horse Racing multiple with 3+ selections. Overall odds: 3.00 (2/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. This is offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 50 Bonus Spins credited on placement of qualifying Acca bet.50x bonus wagering applies as do weighting requirements, bonus Spins only available on selected games and expires 7 days after being awarded. Debit card deposits only (exclusions apply). 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way. Full terms apply.
Betway provide superb stats, quality promos and good value odds to boost your Scottish Premiership betting experience.
Why we like Betway
Betway provide excellent information and stats in the build up to Scottish Premiership games, allowing you to make informed choices when betting. During matches statistics and other details are available to punters to aid the in-play betting process. Their odds are usually competitive and overall they are one of the best Scottish Premiership betting sites in Britain.
What Betway offers you
- Loads of Scottish Premiership info and stats: Loads of stats are available pre-match to help you with your picks, plus when betting in-play Betway provide you with all of the necessary info for making informed live bets.
- Great football bet builder: Betway has a Bet Builder, enabling you to create your own bet. Punters can make multiple selections from the most popular markets (goals, cards, corners, etc.) to make one bet. The sportsbook’s #BetYourWay allows you to make bet requests via Twitter using the aforementioned hashtag. Betway will price up your desired bet, which you should be able to access under the #BetYourWay tab on the selected event.
- Free Bet Club: Opt in to Betway’s Free Bet Club and you can earn £15 in free bets each week if you meet the qualifying criteria.
- Interesting Promotions: Betway regularly offer odds boosts and plus a great free to play competition “4 to score”, which can win you free bets and cash.
Founded by Fred Done in 1967 with money from a bet on England to win the 1966 World Cup, Betfred has evolved its betting package with an online presence now partnering a sizeable chain of in-person bookmakers.
- Double-delight & hat-trick heaven
- Odds on Scottish football easy to locate
- Bets boosted daily
New UK 18+ only. Register (excl. 13/04/2024) with promo code WELCOME40, Bet £10+ on Sports in one transaction within 7 days of registering. Get £30 Free Bets & £10 free spins within 10hrs of bet settlement. Bonuses expire 7 days after issue. Min odds, eligibility & payment exclusions apply. T&Cs apply.
Betfred goes above and beyond with its goalscorer promos.
Why we like Betfred
Betfred’s double-delight and hat-trick heaven promotions really stand out from the crowd. They also make it a painless process finding odds on the Scottish Premiership, which isn’t the case at every bookmaker, and has to be considered for the best Scottish PL betting sites. A page for daily boosted odds helps punters, too.
What Betfred offers you
- Goalscorer boosts: Bet on a player to score anytime and you can receive double or even treble odds if they score twice or net a hat-trick.
- Simple path to Scottish Premiership odds: It doesn’t take long to find SPL odds on the Betfred website or app. There’s no need to go trawling through menus.
- Daily boosts: Betfred love a boosted wager. There’s a section dedicated to their daily odds boosts.
- Insurance on accumulators: Providing you place a qualifying wager, you can receive acca insurance with Betfred.
Despite being founded as recently as 2020, BetUK has wasted no time establishing itself as one of the best Scottish Premiership betting sites in the UK.
- Best Odds for EPL
- Best Odds for UCL
- Plenty of football specials throughout season
- Football betting tips only a couple of clicks away
- Acca Club
T&Cs apply. New customers, Deposit & Place a Bet within 7 days, and settle a £10 minimum bet at odds of 4/5 (1.8) or greater, to be credited with 3x £10 free bets: 1 x £10 Horse racing, 1 x £10 Free Bet Builder and 1 x £10 Football. Stake not returned. Opt-in required. 7-day expiry. 18+ BeGambleAware.org.
With a focus on football, BetUK has tonnes of specials for punters to analyse.
Why we like BetUK
You are never short of specials at BetUK. They are frequently updated, and odds are generally pretty competitive. If you need some pointers, they have betting tips only a few pages away from the odds. Accumulator backers can land some useful profit boosts and free bets thanks to their Acca Club.
What BetUK offers you
- BetUK Specials: A glance at the left-hand column on the website shows an area specifically for specials. Football is the priority here, and you will occasionally find Scottish PL matches featured.
- Betting tips easy to find: BetUK provides expert betting tips on football. You can switch to their blog pages quickly from the odds markets.
- Acca Club: If accumulators are your kind of thing, BetUK’s Acca Club is a good way to earn a few extra rewards.
- Virtual sports: BetUK’s virtual sports platform has received lots of positive reviews.
Standing strong as one of the best Scottish PL betting sites in the UK, Bet365 continues to update its website and offers to remain ahead of the market.
- Accumulator bonus available on Scottish matches
- Slick Bet Builder
- Early payout on football
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
Fans of Scottish football can take full advantage of Bet365’s headline-making promos, including their accumulator bonus and early payout.
Why we like Bet365
Bet365 has no obvious weaknesses. Their promotions are varied, from their accumulator bonuses to early payouts and bet boosts. You can quickly put together a customised bet through their Bet Builder, too. If there’s an outright market you’re after, it’s likely Bet365 will have it.
What Bet365 offers you
- Acca bonus up to 70%: Pre-match accumulators can be eligible for bonuses of up to 70% depending on the number of selections. Scottish Premiership matches are included.
- Industry-leading Bet Builder: Bet365’s Bet Builder is the best on the market. They give you a huge range of markets, including player props and game specials.
- Early payouts: Bet on the full-time result before kick-off and your bet could be paid out early if your pick takes a two-goal lead.
- Selection of outright markets: You can choose from plenty of Scottish Premiership outright markets at Bet365, including top goalscorer, top six finishes and relegation.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Scottish PL
Bookies are trying to juggle a lot as they put together their product. Punters are looking out for the betting sites which have met as many of their requirements as possible. Naturally, though, it helps to have some priorities to keep in mind when making your decision.
Sam Cox: I am looking for the best Scottish Premiership betting sites to make the process of placing a wager straight-forward. Finding odds on Scottish football should be quick. The more promotions the better. Bet builders are a real positive, giving bettors more flexibility when choosing their favoured bet.
Compare the best Scottish Premiership betting sites of 2024
The Scottish Premiership might be overshadowed by some of Europe’s other big leagues, but their attendance figures are still very high and the Old Firm rivalry is one of the fiercest in football, attracting fans from all over the world. Odds on Scottish football are available at every respectable bookie.
There are a lot of sites to consider when trying to pick out the best Scottish PL betting sites. To get us started, here’s a comparison of a few contenders:
|Website and app structure
|Scottish Premiership stats
|Goal scorer promos
|Range of special markets
How to choose the best site for you
We have laid a foundation with our research into the best Scottish Premiership betting sites in the UK. Choosing a bookmaker is a personal decision, however, so it is worth discovering some of the pros and cons for yourself before choosing where to place your wagers.
To point you in the right direction, here are some useful criteria to consider:
- Licensing is non-negotiable: Safety is paramount when betting. You want to be certain your data and financial information are completely safe. The best way to do this is by checking if the bookmaker has up-to-date licences in your country.
- Welcome offers suit different punters: Different welcome offers work for different punters depending on the money you’re looking to deposit and your betting habits. Compare the sign-up promos.
- Look for Scottish PL odds: The Scottish Premiership is sometimes lost amid a long list of football odds. You want odds to be easy to access and of a good price before choosing a bookie.
- Weigh up payment methods: Most bookies provide multiple payment options. Check they provide your preferred method and that they process deposits and withdrawals quickly without additional charges.
- Reputation is vital: Reputations are earned. There are hundreds of bookmaker reviews all over the internet to help you learn what it is like to be a regular punter on any betting site.
- Download the app: Mobile betting is a major component of sports betting in the 2020s. Download their app on your preferred device and see if it works for you.
- Time to sign up: Once you think you have chosen a bookmaker, it is time to go for a trial run by beginning their sign-up and verification process.
Betting on the Scottish Premiership explained
Starting in the summer months and running all the way through to the latter stages of spring, the Scottish Premiership covers most of the year.
You can find odds at the best Scottish Premiership betting sites throughout the season and between campaigns. Outright markets will be available on the following season soon after the previous season has finished.
There are tonnes of sites providing information to help you make Scottish Premiership picks. Platforms like Who Scored are great for learning about form, statistics and head-to-head records.
Types of Scottish Premiership bets
If you’re a regular football punter, you will be used to seeing these types of bets.
The most common bet in football is simply wagering on which team you expect to win the match. Some of the best Scottish Premiership betting sites will provide early payouts if your team takes a convincing lead.
Bookies will set a line for the total number of goals. You then choose to bet on the over or under. There is also the option to go for an alternate line if you think that’s the best way to unlock some value.
Anytime goalscorer is exactly what it sounds like. You are betting on a player to score at any point in the match. It is also possible to bet on a player to score first or score last. Some bookies will let you place wagers on a player to score a brace or a hat-trick.
Outright betting covers a lot of different markets. The most popular for the Scottish Premiership is betting on who will win the title. You can also wager on if a team will be relegated, if they will finish in the top three or who will have the most goals in the season.
Scottish Premiership betting strategies
You should be thorough when developing your Scottish PL betting strategy. It is useful to have a stable of sites to visit to aid your research before deciding on your bets. Having a knowledge of the latest news from around the league should make the process a bit smoother, too.
Get to know more about Scottish Premiership to bet smarter
The Scottish Premiership is the highest football division in Scotland. It has been competed under various different names since it was founded as the Scottish Football League back in 1891.
Throughout history, it has been completely dominated by the two Glasgow clubs. Rangers and Celtic have won over 50 league titles apiece. No other team has been crowned Scottish champions since Aberdeen in 1985.
Both Celtic and Rangers have had streaks of nine consecutive league titles. Jimmy McGrory has the record for the most goals in the topflight of Scottish football with 410, while Bob Ferrier holds the appearance record with 626 for Motherwell between 1917 and 1937.
Who is the favourite to win the Scottish Premiership in 2023/24?
Celtic are favourites to win the Scottish Premiership in 2023/24, ahead of Rangers.
Who is competing at Scottish PL in 2023/24
All teams and their home stadiums
- Aberdeen, Pittodrie Stadium
- Celtic, Celtic Park
- Dundee, Dens Park
- Heart of Midlothian, Tynecastle Park
- Hibernian, Easter Road
- Kilmarnock, Rugby Park
- Livingston, Almondvale Stadium
- Motherwell, Fir Park
- Rangers, Ibrox Stadium
- Ross County, Victoria Park
- St Johnstone, McDiarmid Park
- St Mirren, St Mirren Park
Reigning Champions: Celtic
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
5th/6th August 2023 – Season begins
January 3 – 19 2024 – Midseason break
April 13/14 2024 – League splits into top six and bottom six
May 18/19 2024 – Final matches of the season