Our top list for the best EFL Championship Betting Sites for 2023
- Bet365 – Early payout available
- Unibet – Lots of statistics available
- William Hill – Depth of League 2 markets
- BetUK – Acca Club
- Betfred – Good value odds on League 2 matches
Sponsors of Championship team Stoke City, bet365 are an excellent all round bookie with great coverage of football. England’s lower divisions provide punters with plenty of betting options and they are deservedly viewed as one of the UK’s best EFL League 2 betting sites.
Bet boosts, early payouts, plenty of markets and a strong in-play section make bet365 a fantastic options for punters looking to bet on League 2.
Why we like Bet365:
At bet365 you will find Bet Boost markets at the top of each page. League 1 punters can secure an early payout if their team takes a two-goal lead.
Quality live betting
Football Bet Builder
|Uninspiring website design|
Welcome bonus could be better
What Bet365 offers you
- Boosted odds: You will notice the small green symbol next to many fixtures on Bet365. This means you can locate a Bet Boost for the match.
- Two-goal payout: Should your team take a two-goal lead, you don’t need to worry about a comeback, as Bet365 will mark the wager as a winner.
- Customisable wagers with Bet Builder: Put together all sorts of markets on League 2 matches through the Bet365 Bet Builder.
- Reliable customer service: The vast majority of bettors find the bet365 customer service team reliable, professional and helpful.
Unibet are a fantastic all round betting site and have become a go-to bookmaker for football punters after looking for good value on lower league fixtures
If you enjoy your experience at Unibet, their refer-a-friend scheme can be a great bonus. You will find quality prices on League 2 fixtures with a wealth of stats to help you make your picks.
Why we like Unibet:
Refer a friend at Unibet and you can bag a generous reward. Their bet builder has recently been revamped, with the ability to boost your odds. Match pages are stacked with information, including form, statistics and previous matchups, cementing Unibet’s status as one of the best League 2 betting sites in 2023.
|Refer a friend bonus|
Improved bet builder
Informative match pages complete with stats
Competitive League 2 odds
|Competitors have more promotions|
No loyalty program
What Unibet offers you
- £150 bonus for referring friends: Refer a friend at Unibet and you could receive £150. There are qualifying criteria to land the reward.
- Good value prices: Unibet have consistently competitive League 2 odds, averaging a 93.7% payout margin for two fixtures in May 2023.
- Statistics galore: Learn about teams and specific players on the Unibet match pages. More in-depth statistics are just a click away.
- Attractive welcome offer: Start off in the right way at Unibet thanks to their welcome offer.
A household name in the British betting industry for several decades, William Hill are one of the best EFL League 2 betting sites in the UK.
William Hill give punters a range of betting options, including more outright markets than most others.
Why we like William Hill:
William Hill have great depth to their markets for outrights and individual matches, pre-match and in-play. You can construct your own wager through the #YourOdds feature. Accas can be insured with Acca Freedom.
|Choice of outright markets|
Great depth of League 2 markets
#YourOdds on League 2 matches
|Some may find website cluttered|
No VIP section
What William Hill offers you
- Outright options: Alongside the standard options of relegation and league winner, you can bet on a top two finish, top goal scorer and many other markets at William Hill.
- Depth of markets: William Hill offer a huge range of markets for league one betting
- Create your wager: Use #YourOdds when signed in to your William Hill account to build your own bet.
- Acca Freedom: The Acca Freedom promotion enables punters to either boost the odds of an accumulator or insure against one leg falling short.
- Plenty of enhanced odds: Markets with a blue arrow on a yellow background indicate enhanced odds are available. You can find many enhanced odds on their League 2 page.
Read the full William Hill Review
BetUK are a quality football betting site and they up there with the best in the UK for EFL League 2 betting.
BetUK has good promotions, good value odds and a solid range of markets for League 2.
Why we like BetUK:
One of BetUK’s best features is the Acca Club. Punters who enjoy accumulators should strongly consider this sportsbook.. You also have plenty of choice when looking through League 2 markets.
Widespread football coverage
|Live chat option is unreliable|
No loyalty rewards
What BetUK offers you
- Acca rewards: Profit boosts are available for qualifying accumulators at BetUK. You can learn more by reading up on the promotion terms and conditions.
- Abundance of football markets: Comprehensive EFL League 2 coverage is part of a comprehensive football offering from BetUK.
- User-friendly website: Their website is structured in a way which makes it easy for punters to navigate. Switching between sports and markets is easy.
- Fair and competitive odds: Bet UK offer fair and attractive odds throughout English football. For two League 2 matches in May 2023 they averaged a 92.7% payout margin.
Betfred are a great bookmaker for football as a whole and their coverage of England’s lower divisions is excellent, placing them among the best League 2 betting sites in the UK.
League 2 bettors will find that Betfred have great value prices and a great selection of markets.
Why we like Betfred:
Selected League 2 matches are included in Betfred’s Daily Price Boosts. They have consistently competitive odds for League 2, coverage of the division in their excellent blog and a good range of markets available.
|Great League 2 Odds|
Daily Price Boosts
|Dated website design|
In-play can be slow
What Betfred offers you
- Double Delight and Hat-Trick Heaven: Back the first goalscorer and see their odds doubled if they score twice. Odds will be trebled if they hit a hat-trick.
- Great value odds: Betfred offer great value for League 2. For two fixtures in May 2023 their average payout margin was 94.4%.
- Daily Price Boosts: Look for the Daily Price Boosts section on the left-hand side of the website for higher odds.
- Acca Insurance: Receive free bets on qualifying accumulators if you narrowly miss out.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on EFL League 2
There is plenty to bear in mind when trying to find the best EFL League 2 betting sites in the UK. Bookies need to provide a quality service across the board., providing a secure platform, good customer service and competitive promos.
Chris Sampson: In my opinion, the top EFL League 2 online betting sites should offer competitive odds and provide plenty of betting options. A facility to allow punters to create their own wagers is important along with an extensive range of ready-made bets. Obviously the top sites must be secure, reputable and offer quality customer support.
Compare the best EFL League 2 betting sites of 2023
With more than 500 games per season and thousands of pre-game and in-play betting markets, the English League 2 is definitely one of the best football leagues to bet on. A bookmaker needs to have a good allround offering to compete with the best EFL League 2 betting sites in 2023.
Punters need to weigh up value, security and flexibility. This table to compares some of the top options for EFL Championship betting:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Sign-up Bonus||Full Review|
|Bet365||4.5/5||Early payout||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
|Unibet||4.2/5||Pre match info and Stats||Bet £10, Get £40||Review|
|William Hill||4.2/5||Depth of markets||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
|BetUK||4.2/5||Acca bonuses||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
|Betfred||4.2/5||High odds||Get £40 Bonuses With £10 Stake||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
Betting.com have thoroughly researched EFL League 2 betting sites but choosing a bookmaker comes down to personal preference. You need to look into what different sportsbooks have to offer and make the best choice for you and your betting needs. These are some of the areas you may need to look at:
- Licences are important: Staying safe when gambling is important. You want to be confident your cash and data are protected. Look around for a bookie’s licences before settling on where to bet.
- Read up on sign-up deals: Bookies make a big deal of their welcome offers, and it can be a key factor in choosing where to sign-up. How you qualify for a welcome promo could determine if it makes sense for you.
- Check out the League 2 odds: You naturally want to bet somewhere with good value League 2 odds. You will also want to make sure they have a range of markets. If there is a specific wager in mind, check it is available.
- Look into payment options: The number of payment options available varies between bookies. Learn about which methods are available, and how long it takes for deposits and withdrawals to process.
- Research the opinion of others: Getting an idea of what others think can tell you a lot about a bookmaker. There are plenty of online reviews to find out what other punters have made of a site.
- Download the app: The best EFL League 2 betting sites are accompanied by quality mobile apps. Download the app on your preferred device and try it out.
- Try signing up: Once all the other boxes have been checked, it’s time to trial the sign-up process and see if the site is a good fit for you.
Betting on EFL League 2 explained
Starting in late July/early August and finishing in May, League 2 is a long and gruelling season with each team playing 46 matches. Bookies will provide outright odds year-round.
League 2 odds cover everything from teams to be relegated to top goalscorer or the number of corners in a match. Bookies offer odds on the regular season and the promotion play-offs. The best EFL League 2 betting sites will provide match odds several days before kick-off.
It can take a fair chunk of time to make well-informed League 2 picks. You need to do plenty of research before placing your wagers, looking into injuries, up and coming fixtures, form and style of play.
Types of EFL League 2 bets
The types of EFL League 2 bets available will be familiar to anyone who regularly bets on football. It is the outright markets where there are some different wagers to consider, such as League 2 winners, play-offs, relegation places and player outrights such as top goalscorer.
Back a team to win the match is as straight-forward as it sounds. Your bet will be marked a winner if the team takes all three points.
Betting on the over/under for total goals is popular in football. Bookmakers provide a ‘line’ for betting on the total goals in a Championship match. It is usually set at 2.5, but you will occasionally see 1.5 or 3.5.
One of many player-specific markets, betting on a player’s anytime goalscorer odds is backing them to score at some point in the match.
To gain promotion
League 2 has a lot of outright betting options. One of those is betting on a team to gain promotion, which can be achieved through a top two finish or winning the playoffs. On the flip side you can bet on which teams you think will be relegated.
EFL League 2 betting strategies
It is vital put some time in to develop a betting strategy for your EFL League 2 wagers. You want to have websites earmarked for research. Learn about form, statistics, injury news and betting trends before placing your wagers.
Get to know more about EFL League 2 to bet smarter
The English Football League 2 is the third and lowest division of the English Football League and the third tier overall in the English football league system. Introduced in the 2004–05 English football season as Football League 2, it is a rebrand of the former Football League Third Division, which was a rebrand of Football League Third Division before the introduction of the Premier League in 1992
There are 24 clubs in this division. Each club plays each club twice (once at home and once away). Three points are awarded for a win, one for a draw and zero for a loss. At the end of the season a table of the final League standings is determined.
At the end of each season the top three clubs, together with the winner of the play-offs between the clubs which finished in the fourth to seventh positions, are promoted to EFL League 1 and are replaced by the four clubs that finished at the bottom of that division.
Similarly, the two clubs that finished at the bottom of EFL League 2 are relegated to the National League and replaced by the National League champions and the winners of the play-offs.
Chesterfield have the most fourth tier titles. Since the rebranding of the league in 1992 Chesterfield, Notts County, Brentford, Carlisle United and Swindon Town have won two titles each.
EFL League Two Winners Recent Seasons
- 2022/23 Leyton Orient
- 2021/22 – Forest Green Rovers
- 2020/21 – Cheltenham Town
- 2019/20 – Swindon Town
- 2018/19 – Lincoln City
- 2017/18 – Accrington Stanley
- 2016/17 – Portsmouth
- 2015/16 – Northampton Town
- 2014/15 – Burton Albion
Who is the favourite to win the EFL Championship in 2023?
Leyton Orient have won the EFL League 2 title in 2022/23. Stevenage and Northampton Town are also promoted. The play-offs will be contested by Stockport County, Carlisle United, Salford City and Bradford City.
Who is competing in the EFL Championship in 2023?
Season start-end: 30th July 2022 – 28th May 2023
All teams and their home stadiums
- AFC Wimbledon, Plough Lane
- Barrow, Holker Street
- Bradford City, Valley Parade
- Carlisle United, Brunton Park
- Colchester United, Colchester Community Stadium
- Crawley Town, Broadfield Stadium
- Crewe Alexandra, Gresty Road
- Doncaster Rovers, Keepmoat Stadium
- Gillingham, Priestfield Stadium
- Grimsby Town, Blundell Park
- Harrogate Town, Wetherby Road
- Hartlepool United, Victoria Park
- Leyton Orient, Brisbane Road
- Mansfield Town, Field Mill
- Newport County, Rodney Parade
- Northampton Town, Sixfields Stadium
- Rochdale, Spotland Stadium
- Salford City, Moor Lane
- Stockport County, Edgeley Park
- Stevenage, Broadhall Way
- Sutton United, Borough Sports Ground
- Swindon Town, County Ground
- Tranmere Rovers, Prenton Park
- Walsall, Bescot Stadium
2021/22 Champions: Forest Green Rovers
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
- 29th July 2022 – Season starts
- 13th November 2022 – Final matches before World Cup
- 3rd December 2022 – Season resumes
- 8th May 2023 – Regular season ends
28th May 2023 – Playoff final