Betfred has become one of the UK’s most popular betting sites since its online launch in 2004. Betfred, sponsors of the Super League, is one of the most popular bookmakers for rugby league betting and offers punters numerous options. As well as the Super League, Betfred have other sponsorship deals in rugby league, including the England men’s, women’s and wheelchair rugby teams.
- Big commitment to rugby league/many rugby league markets
- Rugby league promotions, including enhanced odds
- Excellent Super League section of the Betfred Blog
New 18+ UK customers. Register with Welcome40. Deposit, using a Debit Card, and place first bet on sports within 7 days of registering. Bet must be £10+ at Evens (2.0)+ in one bet transaction. £40 in Free Bets credited within 10 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. First bet must be settled within 7 days of registration. Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs apply.
Betfred provide variety and value in their coverage of rugby league. They are one of the sport’s main sponsors, and give punters a number of markets and options to bet on, pre match and in-play. The bookmaker is clearly one of the UK’s best rugby league betting websites.
Why we like Betfred
Betfred offer markets on all the top leagues and competitions. One of Betfred’s strongest features is the In-play betting option that is easy to use, and every punter should consider the site when betting on rugby league. Betfred has an excellent blog with a rugby league section, which provides a lot of information on the sport, helping punters make more informed choices.
What Betfred offers you
- Rugby league bet builder: Betfred’s fantastic bet builder #PickYourPunt, a feature that combines bet building with bet customization can be used for rugby league. Customers can “build” their own bets, combining a range of markets to create their own unique wager. Alternatively, you can bet on Pick Your Punt markets already available on the site. If you want further options you can tweet @Betfred #PickYourPunt to get your wager priced up.
- Rugby league promotions: The bookie has rugby league specific promotions including Double Delight. If your player scores the first try of the match, then goes on to score another, Betfred will double your first Try scorer price. Look out for other rugby league promos/enhanced odds
- Fair odds for rugby league: We looked at 2 fixtures, in the NRL and the Super League. Betfred’s payout margins averaged at 91.1% which was similar to its competitors.
- Daily Price Boosts: Check the Betfred website for daily price boosts on selected events and matches
- Betfred Blog: Betfred have a great blog with a superb rugby league section, helping punters to make more informed choices.
A solid and reliable name, synonymous with the UK betting industry, William Hill was formed in 1934 and since then has been a leading player in most types of betting. Not surprisingly William Hill is a great bookie for rugby league betting.
- Excellent range of rugby league markets
- Customised bets available for rugby league by tweeting @WilliamHill#YourOdds
- Fair and competitive odds for rugby league
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 18.10.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply.
William Hill provides a large variety of markets in rugby league, with great pre-match and in-play options. William Hill is a top quality rugby league betting site.
Why we like William Hill
William Hill offers good value and a great range of markets in Rugby League. They also give you the option to customise your bet by tweeting @WilliamHill#YourOdds, plus an extensive list of options to build your bet on the site. The bookmakers odds are fair and competitive for rugby league.
As well as the Super League and The Challenge Cup, William Hill offer markets on the second tier of English rugby league. It also offers markets on the NFL and State of Origin matches, plus international fixtures and tournaments.
William Hill is a great place for experienced or novice bettors looking for a rugby league wager. It is clearly one of the UK’s best Rugby league betting sites.
What William Hill offers you
- Large range of rugby league betting markets: William Hill cover the sport comprehensively with different markets available in international and club rugby league. William Hill also provide punters with a great in-play betting service
- Fair and attractive odds for Rugby league: We looked at 2 fixtures, in the Super League and the NRL. William Hill’s payout margins averaged at 91.7% which was similar to its competitors.
- Customised rugby league bets: If you can’t find what you are looking for you can tweet @William Hill #YourOdds.
- Regular enhanced odds promos: Look for boosted odds on rugby league in the run up to matches. William Hill’s website offers enhanced odds on a daily basis across a range of sports and events.
BetVictor has been part of the UK betting scene since 1946. A well-established and reliable company, it has developed into an excellent online bookmaker. Rugby, both League and Union, is a strength of BetVictor, and they are among the UK’s best Rugby league betting sites.
It offers markets on all of the major rugby league competitions such as the Super League, the Challenge Cup and the NRL, as well as major international tournaments and fixtures. You can also get markets on the Championship, the division below the Super League.
We confidently recommend BetVictor as one of the UK’s best rugby league betting websites.
- Good range of leagues and markets covered for rugby league
- Cash out available on rugby league bets
- Regular odds boosts for rugby league matches
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 2x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. Please gamble responsibly
BetVictor covers rugby league at international and club level, providing comprehensive coverage of the biggest events and matches. With promotions, such as enhanced odds, on rugby league, and their all-round service and solid reputation BetVictor is one of the UK’s best rugby league betting sites.
Why we like BetVictor
BetVictor offers markets on all of the major rugby league competitions such as the Super League, the Challenge Cup and the NRL, as well as major international tournaments and fixtures. You can also get markets on the Championship, the division below the Super League.
Rugby league wagers are available pre-match and in-play. Betting options include the match result, specific scores and points margins, handicaps and try scorers. Statistics are available to help bettors make their picks, while in-play betting is supported by graphics. Further incentives include promos such as regular odds boosts.
What BetVictor offers you
- Great coverage of international and club rugby league: As well as international rugby league such as top Test matches and the World Cup, Bet Victor provides great coverage of the Super League and, arguably the sport’s top league, the NRL. Pre-match and in-play options are available, plus handicaps and some props markets.
- Cash out on rugby league bets at BetVictor: BetVictor have a cash out feature which allows you to lock in a profit or loss before waiting for the event to finish.
- BetVictor Loyalty Club: Opt into this promotion via the Offers tab. Place 5 bets of £5 or more on any Sports market, each with odds of 1/2 (1.50) or greater. Multiple bets made on the same outcome will count as one qualifying bet. Then open the box for a chance to win a prize. This can get you a Free Bet between £1 and £25 which can be used on any Sports market, can be used as one whole bet or a number of smaller bets, will only return any profit exceeding the total stake.
- Trending bets feature: BetVictor’s trending bets feature allows you to see where other bettors are putting their money.
Ladbrokes was founded in 1886, making it one of the world’s longest established betting companies. Over 130 years later, Ladbrokes continues to move with the times and boasts an excellent online sportsbook. They provide good value for rugby league punters.
- Excellent range of rugby league markets
- Competitive odds for rugby league
- Odds boosts
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 4x £5 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions + T&Cs apply.
Ladbrokes is a traditional British betting brand that is a good choice for rugby league fans who are hoping to bet on leagues and tournaments like the NRL, the Super League, the Challenge Cup and others. Ladbrokes cover international events such as the Rugby League World Cup and are clearly one of the UK’s best rugby league betting sites.
Why we like Ladbrokes
Ladbrokes are an established and trustworthy bookie. They offer competitive odds for rugby league and have a good range of rugby league markets and betting options.
What Ladbrokes offers you
- Great variety of markets for rugby league: Punters have a range of options to bet on in a range of leagues and competitions. Match stats and some player props are available in the bigger matches with pre match and in-play markets available.
- Competitive odds for rugby league: Ladbrokes generally compares well to the other top bookmakers. We looked at two Rugby league fixtures in the NRL and the Super League. The payout margins averaged at 91.7%.
- Cash out at Ladbrokes: Ladbrokes have a cash out feature available for selected rugby league matches. This allows you to lock in a profit or loss before waiting for the event to finish.
- Enhanced odds at Ladbrokes: Ladbrokes often offer enhanced odds and advertise this in the form of promotions such as “Boost That Bet”, where odds are enhanced leading up to events and “Let’s Get Boosty”, where punters can pick up a daily odds boost. This can be applied to selected rugby league matches and events.
Bet365 is a giant of British sports betting. Their rugby league offering is constantly improving and they are up there with the best Super League betting sites in the UK.
- Bet boosts for Super League games
- Rugby League bet builder
- Competitive Super League odds
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
A quality all round bookmaker, bet365 offer competitive odds and a great range of markets for the Super League.
Why we like Bet365
Rugby league fans can take advantage of competitive odds, bet boosts and a range of betting options for the Super League at bet365. Punters can construct their Super League wagers with bet365’s rugby league bet builder.
What Bet365 offers you
- Rugby league previews in blog: Rugby league fixtures are previewed allowing punters to make more informed picks.
- Quality rugby league bet builder: The bookie has bet builders for a number of sports and has recently added this facility for rugby league, making it easier to customise Super League wagers.
- Bet Boost: Find Bet365’s Bet Boosts at the top of the rugby league page or in their own dedicated section.
- Superb in-play platform: Bet365 has long been the market leader when it comes to in-play betting and this applies to the Super League.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Rugby League
Bettors have many factors to evaluate when looking for a rugby league betting site. The bookie must be well regulated and trustworthy. The quality of odds offered are vital along with the design and feel of the website, promotions, in-play betting, live streaming and the quality and accessibility of customer service. To be considered one of the best rugby league betting sites, bookmakers must rate highly in all of these areas.
Chris Sampson: Firstly, the company must be trustworthy, and deposits and withdrawals must be straightforward. The rugby league odds must be competitive, and the bookie must cover a wide range of leagues and competitions, at club and international level. The Super League, Challenge Cup and NRL are covered by most bookies, but the best go that little bit deeper. A range of betting options are important. Many bookies cover the basics in rugby league, but the leading sites have more prop markets. Specific promos for rugby league and promos which can be applied to rugby, are important. Websites should be responsive and easy to use on both the desktop and the app.
Compare the best Rugby league betting sites of 2023
Rugby league is a popular sport for UK bettors. Sportsbooks are responding by offering club rugby around the world as well as the traditionally popular events like the Six Nations and the World Cup. Selecting the best rugby league betting site in 2023 is about the whole service. The answer might vary from punter to punter, depending on their betting. We’ve compared the top sites to be on rugby league:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|Betfred||4.8/5||Great rugby league information in superb blog.||Betfred full review|
|William Hill||4.7/5||Great range of rugby league markets||William Hill full review|
|BetVictor||4.6/5||Regular odds boosts for rugby league||BetVictor full review|
|Ladbrokes||4.6/5||Competitive rugby league odds||Ladbrokes full review|
|bet365||4.5/5||Great rugby league bet builder.||bet365 full review|
How to choose the best site for you
Identifying the best rugby league betting sites isn’t an easy task with so many options out there. You can only get a real idea of what works for you by trying sites out and extensively researching their promotions.
When looking at rugby league online betting sites, these seven points are important to keep in mind:
- Safety is vital: To keep your cash and data safe, you should always play on licensed and secure betting sites.
- Weigh up welcome offers: Not all welcome offers are the same. Each punter has different betting habits and will value different things when signing up to a new bookie, so make sure you find a site with a welcome offer which suits you.
- Analyse their rugby league prices: Before jumping in, have a look through the rugby league markets to get a feel for the value on offer. All punters want the best odds. It is worth comparing between sportsbooks to see which have the most competitive prices. Check out who offers the best value on specific leagues and competitions and compare bookmaker’s odds over three matches to evaluate their consistency.
- Consider payment and banking options: Making sure you can deposit and withdraw money safely and quickly is very important. It is worth seeing which bookies offer certain payment methods and comparing the fees involved and timescale for receiving your winnings.
- Tried and trusted bookies are worth it: Some bookmakers have a better reputation than others. The best rugby league betting sites will retain customers through the quality of their service, customer support and integrity.
- Bet on the move: Mobile apps are a huge part of the bookmakers’ offering. Being able to scroll through odds, live stream and contact customer service through your phone or tablet is useful.
- Try signing up: Registration with a new bookmaker should be a quick, smooth and straightforward process. The only way to get a feel of a betting site is to sign up yourself and look at what they can offer. Most trusted bookies require you to provide documentation to verify your account as part of their Know Your Customer (KYC) scheme.
Betting on Rugby League explained
Betting on rugby league is a popular choice among UK bettors. Punters can find betting options on the Super League, the Challenge Cup, the NRL, plus international matches and tournaments.
Rugby League v Rugby Union
There are two codes of rugby: rugby league and rugby union. Both sports share the same basic rules, have matches that last 80 minutes and use a similar-shaped oval ball. The main difference between the two codes is that rugby union is played by 15 players per team, while rugby union is played by 13 players per team.
Rugby League originated in Yorkshire in 1895 as a result of the split with the Rugby Football Union. While the game remains popular in the north of England, it is also a popular game globally, especially in countries such as Australia, New Zealand, France, Tonga, Fiji and Samoa.
The biggest international tournament in rugby league is the Rugby League World Cup, which takes place every four years. The biggest club competitions, meanwhile, are the Super League in Europe and the National Rugby League (NRL) in Australia.
How Are Rugby Betting Odds Calculated?
Rugby betting odds are calculated on the probability of something happening.
For example, the odds of Wales winning the Rugby League World Cup are longer than the odds of England winning the Rugby League World Cup. That is because the probability of Wales winning the Rugby League World Cup is much lower than the probability of England winning the Rugby League World Cup.
If Wales were to win the next World Cup after you placed a £10 bet on them to do so at 16/1, you would win £160. But if England win after you placed a £10 bet on them to do so at 5/1, you would win £50.
The best rugby league betting sites in the UK will display odds for different markets. Firstly, you will find odds for the outright winner of leagues, tournaments and cups. These will change on an almost daily basis due to results, form, and, in cup competitions, the draw.
Each match will display odds for the result (home win, away win, draw). Again these will move as things change (injuries, suspensions etc.) in the build up to the game.
Generally, if you add up the percentage probability of each of the three possible outcomes you can determine whether the odds are good value. Naturally the three percentages should make 100, however, that would leave the bookie without profit. What is a fair margin varies from sport to sport, however in rugby league the best bookies usually average around 108-110 (90%-92% payout). In bigger matches you can find other markets to bet on such as exact score, try scorers, result at half time etc.
Just like selecting your preferred bookmaker, there is a lot to consider when making rugby league picks. Recent form, injuries, suspensions, upcoming fixtures and style of play/characteristics of the teams are all important factors.
Types of Rugby League bets
Rugby league bettors have never had more options available. Punters can, for example, bet on outright winners and match results. Match stats are becoming more commonly available and some bookies are starting to introduce player props. Accas and multiples are also becoming popular. Bettors pick a number of games to predict the result from, with, for example, odds given for selecting four out of four correct results.
This is a bet on an event which is often some way down the line. Punters often bet on outright winners (the winner of a competition, for example Super League or World Cup). Bets such as this can be made on individual players too, for example top points scorer or top try scorer in the Super League.
For an individual match punters bet on which team will win, or whether the game will end as a draw. An extension of this is betting on a specific result.
Over/Under (Total) bets
Betting the over/under in a match simply means you are wagering on how many points will be scored overall, not how many one team will score, or who will win.
As it sounds, double chance betting involves predicting two of the three possible outcomes in a rugby league match. In any game you will have three double chance options: Team 1 win + draw, Team 2 win + draw, Team 1 or Team 2 win.
Parlay: A parlay involves more than one wager combined together for greater odds. You can place a same game rugby league parlay — multiple events from one matchup — or alternatively, events across multiple games. Comprising three doubles and a treble, a Trixie is three selections and four bets. At least two of the selections must land to guarantee a payout. These bets are only widely available in the most popular rugby matches.
As stated earlier, accumulators, where punters try to match a number of results, are becoming more popular in rugby league betting.
The obvious risk is that all the bets have to win for the bettor to receive a payout. However, some bookmakers, offer accumulator insurance so if one of your selections (minimum five selections) lets you down you will receive your stake back as a free bet.
Handicap betting helps punters get better odds if a game appears to be one-sided.
Prop markets are becoming more common, and they allow customers to bet on anything that may unfold during a game. Common prop bets include, correct score, first team to score, which team will score last plus others, depending on your bookie.
Depending on the bookie, there may be options to include props in a mixed parlay. Many bookmakers have rugby league bet builders and the option to tweet your customised bets to the bookie to get odds quoted.
Prop markets become more limited with smaller games and less popular leagues.
Lots of rugby league bettors enjoy the excitement of live betting as the match flows. Bettors can follow the action then use their judgement to place bets as the game unfolds. Live streaming has made this more popular. Bookmakers offer several markets, such as which team will score the next points, the next try scorer.
Rugby league betting strategies
It is important to do some background research before making your wager. Look into form, injuries, styles of play and upcoming fixtures. Try to apply your knowledge and understanding of the game to your selections. Look at the types of bets you prefer and develop your own strategy. Above all, gamble responsibly and make it fun.
Popular Rugby League events to bet on
Rugby league is a popular sport with UK punters. The biggest competitions and leagues are as follows:
- Rugby League World Cup: The Rugby League World Cup takes place every four years. The next edition will be held in France in 2025. Australia, England and New Zealand are usually among the favourites
- Super League: The Super League is made up of 12 teams, most of which are based in the north of England, plus French side Catalans Dragons. Leeds Rhinos are the most successful side in Super League history, having won the Grand Final eight times. Currently though, St Helen’s are the team to beat, having won the last four championships in succession. After 29 games, the team that tops the table wins the League Leaders Shield. Then, the Play-Offs begin, as the sides battle it out to reach the showpiece Grand Final, usually played at Old Trafford.
- Challenge Cup: As well as the Super League domestic rugby league has the Challenge Cup. This competition allows amateur teams to take part in the first round. But the Super League teams are seeded, so they don’t enter the tournament until the later stages.
- National Rugby League (NRL): The NRL is arguably the highest standard club competition in rugby league. It is made up of clubs from New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, the Australian Capital Territory and New Zealand. The format is similar to the Super League. Each team plays 24 matches. The highest placed team at the end of the regular season wins the minor premiership. The top eight teams then play a finals series The season is concluded with the NRL Grand Final, one of Australia’s most popular sporting events.
- Other competitions: Test matches, especially those between the leading nations attract punters. For these internationals the home nations come together to compete as Great Britain. There are also markets for divisions below the Super League, the Championship and League One. Another huge round of matches in Australia is the State of Origin series too – an annual three-game series between Queensland and New South Wales.
For more information on rugby union follow the link.