Betfred has become one of the UK’s most popular betting sites since its online launch in 2004. Betfred are sponsors of the Super League and are one of the most popular bookmakers for rugby league betting.
- Enhanced odds on Super League fixtures along with other promos
- Excellent Super League section of the Betfred Blog
- Rugby League betting guide
New 18+ UK customers. Register with Welcome40. Deposit, using a Debit Card, and place first bet on sports within 7 days of registering. Bet must be £10+ at Evens (2.0)+ in one bet transaction. £40 in Free Bets credited within 10 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. First bet must be settled within 7 days of registration. Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs apply.
Betfred provide great coverage of rugby league as a whole and the Super League in particular. The bookmaker is clearly one of the UK’s best Super League betting websites.
Why we like Betfred
Betfred has an excellent blog with a rugby league section, which provides a lot of information on Super League, helping punters make more informed choices. The rugby league bet builder can help you tailor your Super League bets and the bookie offers some great promos you can use in Super League matches such as double delight and enhanced odds.
What Betfred offers you
- Rugby league bet builder: Betfred’s fantastic bet builder #PickYourPunt, a feature that combines bet building with bet customisation can be used for Super League betting. Customers can “build” their own bets, combining a range of markets to create their own unique wager. Alternatively, you can bet on Pick Your Punt markets already available on the site. If you want further options you can tweet @Betfred #PickYourPunt to get your wager priced up.
- Super League Promos: If a player you’ve picked scores the first try of the match, then goes on to score another, Betfred will double your first Try scorer price. Look out for other rugby league promos/enhanced odds which can be applied to Super League betting.
- Daily Price Boosts: Check the Betfred website for daily price boosts on selected events and matches
- Betfred Blog: Betfred have a great blog with a superb rugby league section, helping punters to make more informed choices when betting on the Super League.
A solid and reliable name, synonymous with the UK betting industry, William Hill was formed in 1934 and since then has been a leading player in most types of betting. Giving great all round coverage to rugby league, not surprisingly William Hill is a great bookie for Super League betting.
- Excellent range of Super League markets
- Customised bets available for Super League by tweeting @WilliamHill#YourOdds
- Fair and competitive odds for Super League
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 18.10.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply.
William Hill provides a large variety of markets in Super League betting, with great pre-match and in-play options.
Why we like William Hill
William Hill offers good value and a great range of markets for the Super League. They also give you the option to customise your bet by tweeting @WilliamHill#YourOdds, plus an extensive list of options to build your bet on the site. The bookmakers odds are fair and competitive.
What William Hill offers you
- Large range of Super League betting markets: William Hill cover rugby league comprehensively and they have different markets available for the Super League, pre match and in-play, match betting and outrights.
- Fair and attractive odds for Super League: William Hill offer competitive Super League odds.
- Customised Super League bets: If you can’t find what you are looking for you can tweet @William Hill #YourOdds.
- Regular enhanced odds promos: Look for boosted odds on the Super League in the run up to matches. William Hill’s website offers enhanced odds on a daily basis across a range of sports and events.
BetVictor has been part of the UK betting scene since 1946. A well-established and reliable company, it has developed into an excellent online bookmaker. Rugby league is a strength of BetVictor, and they are among the UK’s best Super League betting sites.
- Good range of markets covered for Super League
- Cash out available on Super League bets
- Regular odds boosts for Super League matches
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 2x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. Please gamble responsibly
With promotions, such as enhanced odds, on rugby league, including the Super League and their all-round service and solid reputation BetVictor is one of the UK’s best Super League betting sites.
Why we like BetVictor
Super League wagers are available pre-match and in-play. Betting options include the match result, specific scores and points margins, handicaps and try scorers. Statistics are available to help bettors make their picks, while in-play betting is supported by graphics. Further incentives include promos such as regular odds boosts.
What BetVictor offers you
- Impressive range of Super League markets: Bet Victor provides great coverage of the Super League. Outright bets are available along with pre-match and in-play options are available, plus handicaps and some props markets.
- Cash out on Super League bets at BetVictor: BetVictor have a cash out feature which allows you to lock in a profit or loss before waiting for the event to finish.
- BetVictor Loyalty Club: Opt into this promotion via the Offers tab. Place 5 bets of £5 or more on any Sports market, each with odds of 1/2 (1.50) or greater. Multiple bets made on the same outcome will count as one qualifying bet. Then open the box for a chance to win a prize. This can get you a Free Bet between £1 and £25 which can be used on any Sports market, can be used as one whole bet or a number of smaller bets, will only return any profit exceeding the total stake.
- High levels of security: BetVictor are a solid and reliable company who ensure that your data and finances are secure at all times.
Ladbrokes was founded in 1886, making it one of the world’s longest established betting companies. Over 130 years later, Ladbrokes continues to move with the times and boasts an excellent online sportsbook. They provide good value for rugby league fans looking to have a punt on the Super League.
- Well established, trustworthy and well regulated
- Excellent range of Super League markets
- Competitive odds for the Super League
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 4x £5 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions + T&Cs apply.
Ladbrokes is a traditional British betting brand that provide a range of markets and competitive odds for Super League betting. They are clearly one of the UK’s best Super League betting sites.
Why we like Ladbrokes
Ladbrokes are an established and trustworthy bookie. They offer competitive odds for the Super League and have a good range of rugby league markets and betting options.
What Ladbrokes offers you
- Great variety of markets for the Super League: Punters have a range of options to bet on in the Super League. Match stats and some player props are available in the bigger matches with pre match and in-play markets available along with outrights.
- Competitive odds for Super League: Ladbrokes generally offer good value odds for Super League betting
- Cash out at Ladbrokes: Ladbrokes have a cash out feature available for selected Super League matches. This allows you to lock in a profit or loss before waiting for the match to finish.
- Enhanced odds at Ladbrokes: Ladbrokes often offer enhanced odds and advertise this in the form of promotions such as “Boost That Bet”, where odds are enhanced leading up to events and “Let’s Get Boosty”, where punters can pick up a daily odds boost. This can be applied to selected Super League matches.
Bet365 is a giant of British sports betting. Their rugby league offering is constantly improving and they are up there with the best Super League betting sites in the UK.
- Bet boosts for Super League games
- Rugby League bet builder
- Competitive Super League odds
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
A quality all round bookmaker, bet365 offer competitive odds and a great range of markets for the Super League.
Why we like Bet365
Rugby league fans can take advantage of competitive odds, bet boosts and a range of betting options for the Super League at bet365. Punters can construct their Super League wagers with bet365’s rugby league bet builder.
What Bet365 offers you
- Super League previews in blog: Super League fixtures are previewed allowing punters to make more informed picks.
- Quality rugby league bet builder: The bookie has bet builders for a number of sports and has recently added this facility for rugby league, making it easier to customise Super League wagers.
- Bet Boost: Find Bet365’s Bet Boosts at the top of the rugby league page or in their own dedicated section.
- Superb in-play platform: Bet365 has long been the market leader when it comes to in-play betting and this applies to the Super League.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on the Super League
There is plenty to mull over when trying to select the best Super League betting sites in the UK. Bookies need to excel in multiple categories, including offering a secure platform, good customer service, attractive odds, a number of betting options and competitive promotions.
Chris Sampson: In my opinion, the top Super League betting sites will offer competitive odds and promotions and will provide information to help you make informed choices. Obviously you need the sites you choose to be well regulated and trustworthy.
Compare the best Super League betting sites of 2023
Bettors looking to place wagers on the Super League need to weigh up value, safety, promotions and flexibility when picking the site that suits them. Here’s a table to compare some of the top options for Super League betting:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|Betfred||4.8/5||Super League promos||Review|
|William Hill||4.7/5||Great range of super league markets||Review|
|BetVictor||4.6/5||Regular odds boosts for the Super League||Review|
|Ladbrokes||4.5/5||Competitive Super League odds||Review|
|bet365||4.5/5||Rugby league bet builder||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
Betting.com have done a lot of groundwork on Super League betting sites. However, you need to do some research of your own in order to find a site that suits you. These are some of the factors you need to consider:
- Licences are vital: Staying safe when gambling is important. You want to be confident your cash and data are protected. Look around for a bookie’s licences before settling on where to bet.
- Read up on sign-up deals: Bookies make a big deal of their welcome offers, and it can be a key factor in choosing where to sign-up. How you qualify for a welcome promo could determine if it makes sense for you.
- Check out Super League odds: You naturally want to bet somewhere with high Super League odds. You will also want to make sure they have a range of markets. If there is a specific wager in mind, check it is available.
- Look into payment options: The number of payment options available varies between bookmakers. Learn about which methods are available, and how long it takes for deposits and withdrawals to process.
- Research the opinion of others: Getting an idea of what others think can tell you a lot about a bookie. Read up on reviews to find out what previous punters have made of a site.
- Download the app: The best Super League betting sites are accompanied by top quality mobile apps. Download the app on your preferred device and give it a go.
- Try signing up: Once all the other boxes have been ticked, it’s time to trial the sign-up process.
Betting on the Super League explained
The Super League usually begins in February with the regular season typically running until September with each team playing 27 games; 11 home games, 11 away games, Magic Weekend and an additional 4 ‘loop fixtures’ decided by league positions. The top six then enter the play-off series leading to the Grand Final which determines the champions. The bottom team is relegated to the Championship. The Grand Final generally takes place in mid-October. Bookies will provide outright odds year-round.
Rugby betting odds are calculated on the probability of something happening.
For example, the odds of Hull FC winning the Super League Grand Final are longer than the odds of St Helens winning the Grand Final. That is because the probability of Hull FC winning the Grand Final is much lower than the probability of St Helens winning the Grand Final.
If Hull FC were to win the next Grand Final after you placed a £10 bet on them to do so at 16/1, you would win £160. But if St Helens win after you placed a £10 bet on them to do so at 5/1, you would win £50.
The best Super League betting sites in the UK will display odds for different markets. Firstly, you will find outright odds for the winner of the Grand Final, winners of the regular season, and for teams to make the play-offs or be relegated to the Championship.
Each match will display odds for the result (home win, away win, draw). Again these will move as things change (injuries, suspensions etc.) in the build up to the game.
Generally, if you add up the percentage probability of each of the three possible outcomes you can determine whether the odds are good value. Naturally the three percentages should make 100, however, that would leave the bookie without profit. What is a fair margin varies from sport to sport, however in rugby league the bookies who offer the best odds usually average around 108-110 (90-92% payout). In most Super League matches, especially with the best Super League betting sites, you can find other markets to bet on such as exact score, try scorers, result at half time etc.
Just like selecting your preferred bookmaker, there is a lot to consider when making Super League picks. To make well-informed picks in any sport you need to do plenty of research before placing your wagers. In rugby league recent form, injuries, suspensions, upcoming fixtures and style of play/characteristics of the teams are all important factors. You need to be aware of these when making your Super League wagers.
Types of Super League bets
The types of Super League bets available will be familiar to anyone who regularly bets on rugby league. It is the outright markets where you can get wagers specific to the Super League and its format and structure. Rugby league bettors have never had more options available. Super League punters can, for example, bet on outright winners and match results. Match stats are becoming more commonly available and some bookies are starting to introduce player props. Accas and multiples are also becoming popular. Bettors pick a number of games to predict the result from, with, for example, odds given for selecting four out of four correct results.
This is a bet on an event which is often some way down the line. Punters often bet on outright winners (the winner of a competition, for example Super League Grand Final). Bets such as this can be made on individual players too, for example top points scorer or top try scorer in the Super League.
For an individual match punters bet on which team will win, or whether the game will end as a draw. An extension of this is betting on a specific result.
Over/Under (Total) bets
Betting the over/under in a match simply means you are wagering on how many points will be scored overall, not how many one team will score, or who will win.
As it sounds, double chance betting involves predicting two of the three possible outcomes in a rugby league match. In any game you will have three double chance options: Team 1 win + draw, Team 2 win + draw, Team 1 or Team 2 win.
Parlay: A parlay involves more than one wager combined together for greater odds. You can place a same game rugby league parlay — multiple events from one matchup — or alternatively, events across multiple games. Comprising three doubles and a treble, a Trixie is three selections and four bets. At least two of the selections must land to guarantee a payout. These bets are only widely available in the most popular rugby matches.
As stated earlier, accumulators, where punters try to match a number of results, are becoming more popular in rugby league betting.
The obvious risk is that all the bets have to win for the bettor to receive a payout. However, some bookmakers offer accumulator insurance so if one of your selections (minimum five selections) lets you down you will receive your stake back as a free bet.
Handicap betting helps punters get better odds if a game appears to be one-sided.
Prop markets are becoming more common, and they allow customers to bet on anything that may unfold during a game. Common prop bets include, correct score, first team to score, which team will score last plus others, depending on your bookie.
Depending on the bookie, there may be options to include props in a mixed parlay. Many bookmakers have rugby league bet builders and the option to tweet your customised bets to the bookie to get odds quoted.
Lots of rugby league bettors enjoy the excitement of live betting as the match flows. Bettors can follow the action then use their judgement to place bets as the game unfolds. Live streaming has made this more popular. Bookmakers offer several markets, such as which team will score the next points, the next try scorer.
Super League betting strategies
It is vital to invest a few hours in developing your Super League betting strategy. Firstly watch a lot of rugby league and, specifically, a lot of Super League matches to increase your knowledge and understanding. It is important to do some background research before making your wager. Look into stats, form, injuries, styles of play and upcoming fixtures. Try to apply your knowledge and understanding of the game to your selections. Look at the types of bets you prefer and develop your own strategy. Above all, gamble responsibly and make it fun.
Get to know more about the Super League to bet smarter
The Super League is the top-level of the British rugby league system. Currently the league consists of 12 teams, 11 of which are from Northern England, where the sport has traditionally been very popular, and one from southern France. The Super League began in 1996, replacing the existing First Division and, significantly, switching from a traditional winter season to a summer season.
The regular season typically runs from February to September with each team playing 27 games; 11 home games, 11 away games, Magic Weekend and an additional 4 ‘loop fixtures’ decided by league positions. The top six then enter the play-off series leading to the Grand Final which determines the champions. The team in first position are awarded the League Leaders’ Shield and along with the runners-up automatically progress to the semi-final stage, while the remaining four teams must compete in eliminators to join them in the last four. At the other end of the table, the 12th placed team is relegated to the Championship.
Twenty-four clubs have competed since the inception of the Super League since 1996: nineteen from England, three from France, one from Wales and one from Canada. Four of them have won the title: St Helens (10), Leeds Rhinos (8), Wigan Warriors (5) and Bradford Bulls (4).
The Super League champions take on the champions of the Australian National Rugby League in the World Club Challenge.
Who is the favourite to win the Super League in 2023?
Grand Final winners in the last four seasons and winners of the League Leaders’ Shield on the first of those occasions in 2019, St Helens were pre-season favourites to triumph again. At the time of writing, Saints are fifth in the league after 14 matches, having played less matches than their rivals, and are still the bookies’ favourite to win the Grand Final. Warrington Wolves are currently second favourites in front of Catalans Dragons and Wigan Warriors.
Who is competing in the Super League in 2023?
- Castleford Tigers
- Catalans Dragons
- Huddersfield Giants
- Hull FC
- Hull Kingston Rovers
- Leigh Leopards
- Leeds Rhinos
- Salford Red Devils
- St Helens
- Wakefield Trinity
- Warrington Wolves
- Wigan Warriors
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
- Opening Round: Thursday 16th – Sunday 19th February
- Rival Round (Easter): Thursday 6th April – Monday 10th April
- Magic Weekend: Saturday 3rd June-Sunday 4th June
- Round 27 (Final round): Thursday 21st – Sunday 24th September
- Eliminators: Friday 29th & Saturday 30th September
- Semi Finals: Friday 6th & Saturday 7th October
- Grand Final: Saturday 14th October