Popular for their attractive and easy-to-use website and their wide range of horse racing markets, Unibet is one of the best Grand National betting sites in the UK.
- Great antepost betting for the National
- Consistent promos for customers new and established
- Superb website
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
Unibet combines a stylish and highly functional website with regular and rewarding promotions.
Why we like Unibet
Unibet is a contender to be considered the best Grand National betting site for the UK. The horse racing section of the website is well-structured, with the use of colour contributing to a good customer experience. You can delve deep into antepost odds, where there is a great range of markets. Look out for boosted odds through Uniboost leading up to the National.
What Unibet offers you
- Uniboost daily for enhanced odds: You can boost horse racing odds three times per day at Unibet. The Grand National is no exception
- Frequent and rewarding promos: Unibet often introduces new promotions for both new and current customers.
- Future bets: With antepost markets available months in advance, you can back your National pick early to unlock the best value price.
- Grand National offers and promos: Unibet typically brings out promotions specifically for the biggest events on the calendar, such as the Grand National. Look out for their National promos leading up to the race.
Best known for its spread betting service, SpreadEx also offers fixed odds for the core sports, helping it to become a favoured site among horse racing punters. They are up there with the best for the Grand National.
- Great value Grand National odds
- Option to switch to spread betting
- £50 bet bonuses available for new customers
Place a £25 fixed odds single bet at min. odds of 1/2 and get 5 x £5 free fixed odds single bets, as well as 2 x £5 free totals goals bets, 2 x £5 winning favourite bets, and 50 free spins on Starburst. Free bets applied to account on consecutive days. 18+ begambleaware.org T&Cs apply.
SpreadEx gives great welcome bonuses and provides excellent odds for the Grand National.
Why we like SpreadEx:
SpreadEx covers everything you would want from a horse racing betting site. Punters are after value first and foremost, which SpreadEx has thanks to their high odds for the National. Promotions are easy to find and use, plus the website is hard to fault. The option to switch between spread betting and fixed odds is a nice bonus for some bettors, too.
What SpreadEx offers you
- Exceptional fixed odds for the Grand National: When pitted against the more well-known names in the industry, SpreadEx’s odds often compare favourably.
- Informative website: You will find a lot of detail on a SpreadEx betting page, including form and weight.
- ‘2nd to a rag’ insurance: If your horse finishes second to a 33/1 or longer outsider, you will receive money back as a free bet.
- Spread betting: Customers at SpreadEx will find it easy to switch between the sportsbook and spread betting.
Operator of over 50 betting shops at racecourses all over the country, Betfred is a favourite of many horse racing punters.
- No Runner No Bet offers are common
- Year-round Antepost odds available
- Great promotions for new and existing customers
New 18+ UK customers. Register with Welcome40. Deposit, using a Debit Card, and place first bet on sports within 7 days of registering. Bet must be £10+ at Evens (2.0)+ in one bet transaction. £40 in Free Bets credited within 10 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. First bet must be settled within 7 days of registration. Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs apply.
With a reputation for unique and attractive promotions, Betfred has long been among the best Grand National betting sites. The website is easy to navigate without being bland.
Why we like Betfred
Betfred provides a compelling range of Grand National offers, from No Runner No Bet to enhanced odds and free bets. Odds usually stack up favourably with competitors, and the website is structured in a way which makes it easy to use even on your first time visiting. Betfred also provide a great sign up offer of £40 Bonuses when you stake £10.
What Betfred offers you
- Solid reputation: Betfred are well regulated and trusted bookmaker.
- Coverage of horse racing throughout the year: Whether wanting to bet on next year’s Grand National or place a wager on a Tuesday morning, bettors are spoilt for choice with Betfred.
- Favourable special offers for existing customers: Betfred doesn’t neglect its existing customers, even pairing with Uber Eats for a £10 free voucher if certain qualifications are met.
- Extra place payouts: Extra place payouts are everywhere in the build up to the Grand National, and Betfred’s offers are usually one of the most generous.
A new face on the scene, BetUK has quickly made a name for itself as one of the leading bookmakers in the UK since being founded in 2020. They offer a great service for horse racing in general and for the Grand National particularly.
- Best Odds for EPL
- Best Odds for UCL
- Acca Club with profit boosts on a weekly basis
- Competitive odds for the National
- 24-hour live chat service
New customers, Deposit & Place a Bet within 7 days, and settle a £10 minimum bet at odds of 4/5 (1.8) or greater, to be credited with 3x £10 free bets: 1 x £10 Horse racing, 1 x £10 Free Bet Builder and 1 x £10 Football. Stake not returned. T&C’s Apply.
BetUK have quickly put themselves in contention to be the best Grand National betting site in the UK. The Acca Club headlines its offering.
Why we like BetUK
BetUK provides an easy-to-navigate and smooth website. The horse racing odds are always competitive, with the Grand National proving to be no exception. The weekly Acca Club is particularly appealing for punters who like backing multiple selections in one go.
What BetUK offers you
- Profit Boosts through Acca Club: Regularly back accumulators and you can receive £5 in free bets each week, along with profit boosts for qualifying wagers.
- Competitive odds: BetUK offer good value odds for the Grand National.
- Commitment to safer gambling: BetUK has made a significant effort to make gambling safer, and ranks well for bettor safety.
- Always available customer service: A 24-hour live chat option isn’t offered by every bookmaker. You will find BetUK are very helpful whenever you make contact.
- Functional, user-friendly website: BetUK have struck the balance between appealing and functional with their website.
A veteran of British sports betting, Coral has a strong reputation for providing value odds and a highly secure service. It has been at the forefront of Grand National betting for decades.
- Reliably competitive odds across the board, including Best Odds Guaranteed
- Fast-loading website with eye-catching use of colour
- Slick registration process
18+ New UK+IRE Customers. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 1x £20 free bet. Free bet available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. for Horse Racing valid for 7 days. Restrictions + T&Cs apply
Coral is an all-rounder. Bettors have very few criticisms of the online experience.
Why we like Coral
Coral has a knack for producing high odds across various sports, and the Grand National is no exception. There are always specials to check out on the website. Punters will also feel safe using this bookie, thanks to their long-established reputation. In an event such as the Grand National, where odds change quickly leading up to the race, punters can take advantage of the Best Odds Guaranteed promo at Coral.
What Coral offers you
- Wide range of markets and sports: If you’re looking for a specific sport or market, odds are Coral has you covered.
- Simplistic sign-up: You will not have any issues signing up and verifying an account with Coral, such is the straight-forward layout and functional form.
- Best Odds Guaranteed: As soon as horse racing odds are live, you are eligible for Coral’s Best Odds Guaranteed.
- Grand National betting options: Coral has a catalogue of markets for the Grand National beyond the usual winner and each-way options.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on the Grand National
There is a lot to be considered when bookies are trying to create the best Grand National betting site. It is far from an easy task, particularly with the varying priorities for punters.
Sam Cox: In my opinion, a top Grand National online betting site needs to combine a reliable website and app with a diverse range of betting markets on the event. I want to see bookies providing a lot of Grand National promos, including paying out for extra places.
Compare the best Grand National betting sites of 2023
As single events go, the Grand National is one of the biggest in the world from a betting perspective. Millions are wagered on the race at Aintree.
Punters want to find value and have a secure betting experience. Trying to pick out the best Grand National betting site in 2023 is not straight-forward, so we have compared a few of the leading bookies below:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|Coral||4.2/5||Best Odds Guarenteed||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
At Betting.com, we have dedicated time to learn about the pros and cons of numerous Grand National betting sites. You should still have a look around for yourself before coming to a decision, however.
Here are some criteria to bear in mind:
- Keep an eye out for licenses: All bettors want to make sure the site they are using is safe. Avoid unwanted surprises by wagering on licensed betting sites.
- Choose the right welcome offer: Scroll through a few different welcome offers before picking a site. Read through the terms and conditions to make sure it’s an offer which works for you.
- Compare the Grand National odds: You want to be betting somewhere with competitive Grand National odds. Compare their prices using an odds comparison website.
- Research the payment methods available: The standard payment methods will be available at every bookmaker, but the speed of deposits and withdrawals can vary considerably. You want to be confident there are no hidden charges and money will be transferred rapidly.
- Check what others think: You can learn a lot about a bookmaker by finding out how other punters have felt.
- Download the app: Some betting apps are better than others. If you are wanting to bet on your phone or tablet, test out the usability of their app.
- Try out the sign-up: If you think you’ve settled on a site, see how the sign-up process goes. Once you’ve joined, you can develop a deeper understanding of what it would be like to be a regular punter through their app or website.
Betting on Grand National explained
The Grand National carries greater significance than any other horse race in the UK. People who very rarely bet on horse racing will place a wager or two.
Grand National odds go beyond betting on the race winner or each-way punts. You can find more markets the closer the race gets.
Bettors will be weighing up their Grand National picks weeks or even months before the race takes place.
Types of Grand National bets
If you have experience betting on horse racing, you will be familiar with the types of Grand National bets.
A winner bet is simply backing a horse to win the race.
Each-way bets are wagers on a horse to win and a horse to place. For the Grand National, bookies will often offer extra places.
An extacta is a bet predicting the first two finishers in the correct order.
The trifecta is the same as an exacta, just with the first three finishers in the correct order rather than two.
Grand National betting strategies
A lot of research needs to be done when crafting your Grand National betting strategy. You will want to look into the history of the race, how the horses have performed and whether the trainers have had much previous success at Aintree.
Get to know more about Grand National to bet smarter
The first Grand National took place in 1839. Since the Second World War, the race has been run every year except for 1993 and 2020.
The iconic Red Rum is the only horse to win the race on three occasions, while in 2019, Tiger Roll became the second horse since the 1930s to achieve consecutive wins.
George Stevens is the most successful jockey in Grand National history. Three trainers are tied on four wins apiece, and five owners have recorded three victories.
Who is the favourite to win the Grand National in 2024?
Corach Rambler is the early favourite to win the Grand National in 2024.
Who is competing at Grand National in 2024?
Many of the horses who competed in the 2023 Grand National will be involved in 2024. At the time of writing these are the horses likely to be involved:
- A Wave Of The Sea
- Ain’t That A Shame
- Any Second Now
- Ashtown Lad
- Back On The Lash
- Bill Baxter
- Born By The Sea
- Carefully Selected
- Chemical Energy
- City Chief
- Coko Beach
- Corach Rambler
- Delta Work
- Diol Ker
- Enjoy d’Allen
- Eva’s Oskar
- Francky du Berlais
- Fury Road
- Ga Law
- Gabbys Cross
- Gaillard du Mesnil
- Gericault Roque
- Gerri Colombe
- I Am Maximus
- Kitty’s Light
- Le Milos
- Lifetime Ambition
- Longhouse Poet
- Lord Lariat
- Mahler Mission
- Major Dundee
- Midnight River
- Minella Trump
- Mister Coffey
- Monbeg Genius
- Mr Incredible
- Noble Yeats
- Our Power
- Panda Boy
- Roi Mage
- Royale Pagaille
- Snow Leopardess
- The Big Breakaway
- The Big Dog
- The Real Whacker
- Velvet Elvis
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
- 6th February 2024 – Initial entry list announced
- 20th February 2024 – Weights for race announced
- 26th March 2024 – Acceptance date
- 11th April 2024 – Opening day
- 12th April 2024 – Ladies Day
- 13th April 2024 – Grand National