Best Apple Pay Betting Sites for 2023
Sports bettors in the UK have numerous options when choosing a payment method. Apple Pay’s convenience makes it a popular choice for punters up and down the country. Here are a few of the leading betting sites that accept Apple Pay…
|Rank||Betting Site Name||Deposit Processing Time||Withdrawal Processing Time|
- Well established, trustworthy and well regulated. It makes responsible gambling a priority, with an in-depth responsible gambling section
- Huge amount of betting markets.
- Consistent and competitive odds.
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
Bet365 is one of the most recognised sports betting brands in the world. Using Apple Pay on the Bet365 website or app is a seamless process. There are rarely issues with the functionality of their website or app, and loading times are extremely impressive.
Once you are set up with Apple Pay and have deposited in your account, you have a remarkable selection of sports and competitions to choose from. Bet365 grants you flexibility with their market-leading Bet Builder tool, plus they often have more markets than their competitors. Live betting is flawless at Bet365, too, and they have live streams available for events all over the world, which require just a small qualifying wager.
2. William Hill
- Offers a wide range of sports
- Competitive odds
- Well-rounded mobile apps
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 18.10.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply.
A veteran of the British sports gambling industry, William Hill has evolved from high-street bookmaker to become an exceptional online platform and one of the best Apple Pay betting sites. Enhanced odds compensate for prices which can be on the low side on occasion, while the #YourOdds promotion has long been a hit with punters.
Bettors at William Hill know they can trust a bookmaker which has stood the test of time. There are few significant weaknesses in their product, and they have something for everyone with their comprehensive sports coverage.
- Live streaming
- Competitive odds
- Wide range of sports
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
Unibet has a lucrative welcome offer, which is regularly updated to keep ahead of its competitors. If you use Apple Pay, you should still receive this offer. Unibet is an underrated bookie, with well-designed websites and apps for customers to browse their exceptional range of sports and depth of markets.
Withdrawals are generally processed very quickly at Unibet, which compensates for not being able to withdraw via Apple Pay. Their reputation has improved over the last few years, and fresh features are frequently being released to keep existing customers engaged.
- Great range of sports and markets
- Sportsbook and exchange betting
- Reliable and trustworthy company
New customer offer. Place a min £5 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £20 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards will qualify. T&Cs apply.
Betfair is a very good bookmaker, renowned for its high odds and betting exchange. Apple Pay deposits are processed instantly, whether you are using their website, mobile site or app. While they could have more sport-specific promotions, punters can enjoy several features at Betfair, including their boosted odds and plenty of specials.
You can deposit as little as £5 and as much as £99,999 via Apple Pay at Betfair. Unfortunately, Apple Pay deposits are excluded from their welcome offer.
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Highly regarded VIP program
- Exceptional mobile experience
T&Cs apply. New reg only. Claim by placing a min deposit £10 via “My Offers” page within 30 days. Skrill/Neteller deposits excl. 7 days to stake max £10 in-play. Max. extra winnings £100. 18+ www.begambleaware.org
A growing bookmaker based in Sweden, LeoVegas prioritises mobile betting, which makes it a well-suited bookie for punters looking to use Apple Pay on their iPhone or iPad. Their odds are solid across the board, with football being a particular strength. Their mobile app and mobile website both rank very well due to their minimal loading times and excellent functionality.
|The Best Apple Pay Betting Sites: Did you know?|
|Bookmakers do not allow bettors to withdraw funds using Apple Pay. |
At £15, Unibet have a slightly higher minimum deposit than many of their peers.
What is the criteria we used to identify the best Apple Pay betting sites?
There is a lot to bear in mind when trying to identify the best betting sites that use Apple Pay. Avoiding fees is always significant. Punters also want transactions to be conducted quickly and safely. Once those boxes have been checked, we are trying to take in the overall offering from the bookmaker, including the markets available, the competitiveness of their odds and their promotions.
Here are the criteria we used to land on the best Apple Pay betting sites in the UK:
- Waiting times: You want all Apple Pay deposits to be handled efficiently. No one wants to be waiting around for money to enter their account. Sites with shorter processing times were at an advantage.
- Extra charges: No one wants to see their profit chipped away at by additional, unnecessary charges. Apple Pay generally does not carry extra fees, so if a bookmaker did charge for using Apple Pay, it was a major negative.
- Licences: To even be considered as one of the best Apple Pay betting sites, bookmakers must have up-to-date licences. These companies are handling financial and personal information. You can only feel confident in the security of that data if they are fully licensed.
- Sports and leagues covered: We want to see bookmakers cover the full range of sports and leagues, from the most watched through to niche events. The depth of markets is a factor to consider, too. More choice is preferable.
- High prices: Competitive odds are important whenever we are trying to choose a bookmaker. The best Apple Pay betting sites in the UK will stand out when compared with their peers.
- Availability of promos: Certain payment methods see you excluded from welcome offers and promotions. You want to be able to access as many of a bookmaker’s deals as possible, so that was an important area for us to evaluate.
- Mobile experience: We looked into the mobile experience both through browsers and apps. Naturally, mobile betting is very important if you’re looking to use Apple Pay.
|What is the criteria to identify the best Apple Pay betting sites in the UK: Did you know?|
|You are eligible for the vast majority of promotions when using Apple Pay, even if bookmakers do not have Apple Pay-specific welcome offers.|
William Hill has a maximum deposit of £99,000 when using Apple Pay.
Pros & cons of Apple Pay betting sites
With the popularity of mobile betting, Apple Pay is in-keeping with gambling habits in the 2020s. Its convenience is hard to beat, plus it brings an extra layer of security compared to many other payment options.
Here are a few pros and cons for betting sites with Apple Pay:
|Extremely convenient on mobile||Only available on Apple devices|
|Fingerprint/facial recognition||Some bookies have stopped accepting Apple Pay|
|Card details aren’t shared|
|No fees for deposits|
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a mobile payment tool for people using iPhones, iPads, Macs and Apple Watches. Usable in-person or online, Apple Pay effectively fulfils the role of using your debit card. It can be used for contactless payments and online transactions.
Your device communicates wirelessly with point-of-sale systems. Payments are authenticated either using your fingerprint or facial recognition software, which is carried out through your Apple device. It is currently compatible with the iPhone 6 or later and the 2014 generation of iPads.
Is it safe and legal to use Apple Pay on betting sites?
Yes, it is perfectly safe and legal to use Apple Pay on betting sites. Very few bookies are excluded from the list of betting sites that accept Apple Pay. Verifying transactions with Touch ID or Face ID provides another layer of security.
Apple Pay cannot be used on betting sites if it is connected to a credit card, however. Using credit cards to withdraw and deposit funds is not legal in the UK.
|What is Apple Pay: Did you know?|
|Apple’s cut for each purchase made with Apple Pay is much lower in the UK than it is in the US.|
The UK was the second country in the world (after the US) to support Apple Pay.
How do I use Apple Pay on betting sites?
If you have an Apple device, it is very easy to use Apple Pay on betting sites in the UK. Setting up and depositing funds with Apple Pay is a straight-forward and simplistic process, whichever Apple device you are using. Here is how to use this payment method on the best Apple Pay betting sites…
How do I set -up an Apple Pay account?
To set up an Apple Pay account, you need a device with an eligible iOS. You must be signed into your Apple ID and have a supported debit card from a participating card issuer.
- Open the wallet app: Locate the wallet app on your Apple device.
- Add the card: Hit the ‘add’ button in the top-right corner.
- Choose debit card: Tap ‘debit or credit card’ to add a new card. Press continue.
- Input your card details: Depending on your device, you might then have the option to scan your debit card. Otherwise, just follow the steps on the screen.
- Confirm your information: Verify your personal information with the card provider/bank. This might require downloading or signing into an app.
- Pair with your Apple Watch: You have the choice to add the card to your Apple Watch if it is paired with your device.
How do I deposit on betting sites using Apple Pay?
Once you have picked your favourite betting site that uses Apple Pay, you will be keen to make your first deposit. Here is how to do so:
- Go to the banking section – Find the area of the website/app which allows you to manage your payment methods.
- Choose the payment option – Pick Apple Pay as your deposit method.
- Enter deposit number – Decide how much money you want to add to your betting account via Apple Pay. Either select one of their shortcuts or type in the number.
- Confirm – Confirm that you are willing to deposit that amount.
- Verify – Use either your Touch ID or Face ID to verify the payment. You may also need to double-click the lock button on your iPhone or iPad.
How do I withdraw on betting sites using Apple Pay?
Most betting sites do not allow you to withdraw directly using Apple Pay. For those that do enable Apple Pay withdrawals, the process of doing so will vary slightly, but it will generally follow these steps:
- Visit the banking section – Head to the cashier/wallet/banking area of the bookmaker’s website or app.
- Pick withdraw – Choose to withdraw funds. Decide how much you are wanting to withdraw from your account.
- Select Apple Pay – If it is available as a withdrawal option at your chosen bookmaker, select Apple Pay. This is usually when you will need to enter exactly how much money you are taking out of your account.
- Confirm transaction – Double check the payment method and number you have entered. Confirm the transaction.
- Verification – You should then be asked to use Face ID or Touch ID to process the withdrawal of funds.
- Check your account – Check that the money has come out of your betting account. Keep an eye on the account associated with your Apple Pay card to make sure you receive the full amount.
|How do I use Apple Pay on betting sites: Did you know?|
|Apple Pay uses Face ID or Touch ID to confirm transactions on betting sites. |
There has been an increase in the number of bookmakers offering Apple Pay in recent years.
Can I claim bonuses when using Apple Pay on betting sites?
Yes, all the normal bonuses should still be available when using Apple Pay. While some e-wallets are excluded from welcome offers and other promotions, Apple Pay does not generally have the same downsides. Most bookies treat Apple Pay deposits as they would if you were using a debit card, so you are unlikely to run into any issues with bonus eligibility.
It is, of course, worthwhile double-checking how bookmakers treat Apple Pay punters before committing to this payment method. You want to be sure you are getting access to as many promos as possible.
Conclusion: Ideal for mobile bettors
If you are going to be betting on an iPhone or iPad, Apple Pay is an excellent option. The convenience and speed for depositing funds is matched by very few payment methods. Restrictions on withdrawing funds is a bit of a weakness, however, with many bookmakers requiring you to input additional financial information to withdraw your winnings.
Being able to enjoy the upside of sign-up offers and general promotions when depositing with Apple Pay is a major positive. Opting for Apple Pay does not restrict your experience with a bookmaker, and the hassle-free nature of deposits only makes it easier to quickly login and place wagers.