Our top list for the best NFL Betting Sites for 2023
- William Hill – Deep NFL odds
- Paddy Power – Specials markets
- Bet365 – Early payout
- Betfred – Outright markets available throughout offseason
- Ladbrokes – Create a wager
An established bookmaker with a great reputation for fairness and customer service, William Hill has cemented a place among the best NFL betting sites in the UK.
Punters have a vast range of NFL markets to choose from at William Hill.
Why we like William Hill:
Very few bookies give you as much choice when betting on the NFL as William Hill. They have all manner of markets to consider, and you can always get a price on something a bit different with #YourOdds. Once the games are underway, keep your eyes peeled for their enhanced odds.
|Great depth of NFL markets|
Enhanced NFL odds throughout season
|Welcome bonus could be better|
Odds aren’t the best
What William Hill offers you
- Extensive list of NFL markets: Whether it’s preseason, the regular season, playoffs or offseason, William Hill has lots of NFL markets available.
- Ability to create a wager: Check out bets others have put together with #YourOdds. If you want to make your own wager, simply contact William Hill and they can price it up for you.
- Enhanced odds: William Hill are known for their enhanced odds at the top of each page. Find plenty once the season kicks off.
- Reliable customer service: Customers generally come away satisfied after interacting with the William Hill customer service. They are easy to contact and helpful.
Read the full William Hill Review
Paddy Power has carved its own niche in the sports betting industry through its unique promotions and bold marketing campaigns.
Famous for their specials markets, Paddy Power gives NFL punters markets you are unlikely to find elsewhere.
Why we like Paddy Power:
Paddy Power goes out of its way to offer a distinct product. Their promotions are plentiful and are regularly updated. Their specials markets provoke some interesting betting decisions for punters. All bettors are keen on enhanced odds, too, which they provide through Power Prices.
|NFL specials during regular season, playoffs and offseason|
Lots of promos
|Limited live streaming|
Some complaints about help system
What Paddy Power offers you
- Specials year-round: Any time of the year, you can find a selection of specials on the Paddy Power NFL page. There are markets that most other bookies won’t offer.
- Power Prices: Paddy Power, like many of its competitors, places its boosted odds at the top of the page. You will find odds which have been increased under the ‘Power Prices’ heading.
- Fresh promos: From free bets to cash back offers, Paddy Power has a reliable string of new promos heading your way.
- Insurance on accumulators: On eligible bets, you will receive a free wager if one leg of your accumulator lets you down.
Read the full Paddy Power Review
Bet365 is often regarded as the bookie to beat. There are very few flaws in their package, and there was no doubt that they belong among the best NFL betting sites in 2023.
An exceptional early payout offer is the headliner for NFL punters at Bet365.
Why we like Bet365:
You are insured against big comebacks with the NFL early payout offer at Bet365. They give you more markets to choose from than almost any other bookmaker when it comes to the NFL. You will often find boosted wagers in their ‘Bet Boost’ section. With a small qualifying wager, you can watch certain NFL games on the website and app.
|Early payout on NFL games|
Stacks of game-specific and outright markets
|Winners known to get restricted|
Website and app design isn’t for everyone
What Bet365 offers you
- NFL early payouts: If the team you’ve backed takes a 17-point lead, your wager will be paid out as a winner. This also applies to game winner bets in accumulators.
- Impressive range of markets: Across sports, Bet365 provides a remarkable number of markets. The NFL is no different, including tonnes of outright and player props during the regular season and playoffs.
- Bet Boost: You will notice the Bet Boost markets at the top of the Bet365 NFL page. There are wagers available throughout the season.
- NFL live streaming: Selected NFL games are live streamed on the Bet365 website and app.
Only two UK bookmakers have more betting shops than Betfred. Successful as an in-person bookie for several decades, they have also become a strong option among NFL online betting sites.
Betfred keep their NFL page going during the offseason with lots of outright markets for punters to consider.
Why we like Betfred:
You have a good choice of NFL markets at any time in the year with Betfred. If you’re keyed in to the offseason moves, the outrights could be a good place for you. In season, their promotions are often worthwhile. #PickYourPunt gives you a few different wagers to check out.
|Selection of outright markets during offseason|
Frequent NFL promos during regular season
|Website is a bit clunky|
In-play betting is sluggish
What Betfred offers you
- NFL offseason betting: The usual NFL outright markets like Super Bowl winner, MVP and division winners are all available. Betfred also pushes the boat out with comprehensive draft coverage.
- Consistent promos: Betfred takes the NFL seriously. Alongside their long list of standard promotions, they have plenty of NFL offers during the season.
- #PickYourPunt: Choose your own wager or back an already created bet with Betfred’s #PickYourPunt feature.
- Rewarding welcome offer: Betfred are big on their bonuses. Their welcome offer gives you £40 in bonuses to get the ball rolling.
Founded over 120 years ago, Ladbrokes has been a feature of British high streets for generations. They have paired that with a solid online presence to become one of the best NFL betting sites.
If you can’t find the market you’re after, Ladbrokes will help you out with #GetAPrice.
Why we like Ladbrokes:
Ladbrokes allows punters to combine markets on NFL games using #GetAPrice on Twitter. If you have found a wager you like which is already on the site, you can take advantage of their odds boost feature to increase your potential winnings.
|Get your own odds with #GetAPrice|
Boost your own odds
Virtual American football
|Fewer outright markets during offseason|
Odds lower than some competitors
What Ladbrokes offers you
- #GetAPrice: Tweet your selections with #GetAPrice to Ladbrokes’ Twitter account to build your own wager.
- Choose your boost: Punters can boost one bet everyday on the Ladbrokes website and app.
- Virtual sports: Whether between weeks or looking for something in the offseason, you can bet on virtual American football in Ladbrokes’ extensive virtual sports section.
- Long-standing reputation: A bookie must be doing something right if they’ve been around for as long as Ladbrokes.
Read the full Ladbrokes Review
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on NFL
Through promos, customer service, special markets and much more, bettors have a lot to take in as they analyse betting sites. It can be a little overwhelming when contrasting bookies, particularly with how much effort they put into trying to attract NFL punters.
Sam Cox: In my opinion, the best NFL betting sites offer league-specific promotions and an array of outright markets. It is paramount these bookmakers put effort into their NFL product, giving bettors as many bets to choose from as possible. I place extra value on bookies that do something to stand out from the crowd.
Compare the best NFL betting sites of 2023
The NFL’s fanbase continues to grow in the UK. Betting on the league is increasing, too. As a result, bookmakers pull out all the stops to lure new customers and retain their existing punters. It is a crowded marketplace, with lots of decent NFL online betting sites out there to consider.
We, though, have narrowed it down to the very best NFL betting sites. Here’s a quick comparison:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Sign-up Bonus||Full Review|
|William Hill||4/5||Depth of odds||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
|Paddy Power||4.2/5||NFL specials||Bet £20, Get Back As Cash If Loses||Review|
|Bet365||4.6/5||Early payouts||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
|Betfred||4.1/5||Offseason betting||Get £40 Bonuses With £10 Stake||Review|
|Ladbrokes||3.9/5||Custom bets||Bet £5, Get £20 Free Bets||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
We at Betting.com have committed the hours to compile pros and cons of the best NFL betting sites in the UK. There is a lot to ponder when choosing a bookie, however, and parts of it are subjective. You should do your own research before taking the plunge.
So, here are a few criteria to have at the front of your mind when looking for a bookmaker:
- Look up their licences: It’s better to be safe than sorry. Make sure you are betting at a licensed bookmaker before entering any of your data or financial information.
- Check welcome offer terms and conditions: Welcome offers are a great way to get started with a bookie. It is also useful to be playing at a bookmaker where their qualifying terms are appropriate for your habits and stakes.
- Search for NFL odds: We are looking for quality and quantity here. More markets to choose from is good. You also want your preferred bookie to give you high odds on game and outright markets.
- Read through payment options: You have more flexibility with more payment methods available. It is also crucial to check whether there are hidden fees or delays with deposits and withdrawals.
- Read the reviews: Reputations matter in sports betting. Google some reviews to get an idea of how others feel about that bookie.
- Trial the app: The mobile experience is important. Download their app and get a feel for it.
- Sign up: If a bookie has passed all your other tests, it’s time to sign-up via their website or app.
Betting on NFL explained
The first American football game was played in 1869. The sport played in the 2020s is incomparable to the 19th century version, and the world of NFL betting has evolved dramatically, too.
NFL odds are available on the best NFL betting sites every month of the year.
The process for making NFL picks starts with some research. Then, you want to locate the best value odds for your selection.
Types of NFL bets
Regular punters will be familiar with the common types of NFL bets. If you are looking for some pointers, here are four of the most popular wagers.
Spread betting is effectively a handicap. If a team is -6.5, they need to win by seven points for your bet to be a winner. In that case, the underdog would be +6.5, and just needs to stay within a touchdown to cash your wager.
The best NFL betting sites will set a total for each game. You bet on the over or under, with your bet paid out as a winner if the combined points in the game match your pick.
A lot of player props are available in the NFL, including passing yards, receiving touchdowns, rushing yards, pass attempts, field goals and more.
Outright betting markets cover everything from the Super Bowl winner to Coach of the Year and MVP.
NFL betting strategies
You should put time into honing your NFL betting strategy. Sites like Pro Football Reference are a good starting point for your research, while ESPN is a great place to keep up with the latest news around the league.
Get to know more about NFL to bet smarter
The NFL was founded in 1920. It merged with the American Football League in 1970, which had been a direct competitor throughout the 1960s.
As of 2023, there are 32 teams competing in the NFL, split between two conferences (the AFC and NFC). The champions of the AFC and NFC meet in the Super Bowl in the final game of each season to decide the champion.
The New England Patriots and Pittsburgh Steelers are tied for the most titles in the Super Bowl era with six apiece. Stretching back through the entire history of the league, the Green Bay Packers have been most successful with 13 championships.
Hall of Fame quarterback Peyton Manning holds the record for regular season MVPs awards with six.
Who is the favourite to win the NFL in 2023?
Winners of two of the last four Super Bowls and having reached the AFC Championship Game in five straight seasons, the Kansas City Chiefs are favourites to win the NFL in 2023.
The Chiefs have won three Super Bowls in their history. Only six teams have won the Big Game more frequently. With Patrick Mahomes under centre, they remain the NFL’s team to beat.
Bookies currently tab the San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills, Philadelphia Eagles and Cincinnati Bengals as the other leading candidates to lift the Vince Lombardi Trophy.
Who is competing in the NFL in 2023?
- Arizona Cardinals
- Atlanta Falcons
- Baltimore Ravens
- Buffalo Bills
- Carolina Panthers
- Chicago Bears
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Dallas Cowboys
- Denver Broncos
- Detroit Lions
- Green Bay Packers
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Las Vegas Raiders
- Los Angeles Chargers
- Los Angeles Rams
- Miami Dolphins
- Minnesota Vikings
- New England Patriots
- New Orleans Saints
- New York Giants
- New York Jets
- Philadelphia Eagles
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- San Francisco 49ers
- Seattle Seahawks
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Tennessee Titans
- Washington Commanders
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
27th-29th April 2023 – NFL Draft
7th September 2023 – Season starts
23rd November 2023 – Thanksgiving games
7th January 2024 – Regular season ends
13th January 2024 – Playoffs begin
4th February 2024 – Pro Bowl
11th February 2024 – Super Bowl