Pride of the Potteries, Stoke-based bookmaker Bet365 is a global sports betting heavyweight.
- Live streaming
- Competitive MLS odds
- Accumulator bonus
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
Bet365 give punters a great range of markets and competitive odds for Major League Soccer. Their excellent live streaming means you can keep up with the action.
Why we like Bet365
Bet365 is known for its range of live streaming, and MLS matches are included in this. Accumulator backers can benefit from decent bonuses on their winnings and the bookie offers competitive MLS odds. Also, if your team goes two goals ahead, your wager could be paid out as a winner early.
What Bet365 offers you
- Live Major League Soccer matches: Only a small qualifying wager is required to watch live MLS matches on the Bet365 website and app.
- High-upside accumulator bonus: Pre-match accumulators at Bet365 can be eligible for boosted winnings of up to 70%. MLS is eligible for this.
- Early payouts: Certain bets at Bet365 can be paid out early if the team you’ve backed takes a two-goal lead, MLS is included in this.
- High MLS Odds: For three MLS fixtures in May 2023 bet365’s payout margins averaged at 94.8%.
Unibet has become a hugely respected bookie in recent years. They are clearly among the best MLS betting sites in the UK.
- Great odds for MLS
- Loads of MLS Stats
- Great range and depth of markets for MLS
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
Unibet have a great range of markets for MLS matches and offer competitive odds.
Why we like Unibet
Unibet offer loads of betting options, including player props. They consistently have good quality prices and they provide a wealth of statistics to help you make your picks.
What Unibet offers you
- Great range and depth of markets: Unibet offer plenty of betting options for MLS punters including match events and more player prop options than many of their competitors.
- Quality Odds: Unibet’s MLS odds are competitive. For three matches in May 2023 their payout margin averaged at 93.2%
- Bet Builder: Unibet have a comprehensive bet builder to enable you to combine wagers.
- Pre-match statistics: View the head-to-head record, previous XI and team form on the match page.
Winner of awards for its design and branding in 2019, 10bet’s MLS offering is superb and it is up there with the best in Britain.
- High MLS odds
- Loads of match markets for MLS
- Excellent website design
18+. New bettors get 50% of deposit up to £50; Once per household; Min deposit £15 (no Skrill/Neteller); Wager a total of 8 times deposit + bonus, with max qualifying bet stake equal to your initial bonus amount; Bonus expires after 60 days; Min odds of 4/5 on singles, or 2/5 per leg for acca; Some bet types excluded; See full terms;
Punters will find the website stylish and user friendly and can take advantage of 10bet’s great value MSL prices.
Why we like 10bet
10bet offer highly competitive odds for MLS matches. They have a great range of betting options available for each fixture, while navigation is easy on their award winning website or app. The Ten Club is something a bit different from other VIP efforts.
What 10bet offers you
- Range of markets: From handicap betting for the first 30 minutes to variations on totals, 10bet gives you a lot to choose from when betting on the MLS
- Fantastic website: The 10bet website might be the best of the bunch. It is slick and aesthetically pleasing.
- The Ten Club: The Ten Club stands out. It is a VIP program with a different angle, offering personalised promotions and a private WhatsApp service.
- Great value odds: 10bet offer punters great value with their MLS odds. For three fixtures in May 2023 the bookie’s payout margin averaged at 95.7%.
SpreadEx burst onto the scene as a spread betting platform just before the millennium. It now also runs a quality fixed-odds sportsbook and its coverage of Soccer in the United States places them among the best MLS betting sites in the UK.
- Good range/depth of markets for MLS
- Easy to switch between spread betting and fixed odds
- Quality odds for MLS
Place a £25 fixed odds single bet at min. odds of 1/2 and get 5 x £5 free fixed odds single bets, as well as 2 x £5 free totals goals bets, 2 x £5 winning favourite bets, and 50 free spins on Starburst. Free bets applied to account on consecutive days. 18+ begambleaware.org T&Cs apply.
SpreadEx cover the MLS really well, providing deep markets for each match, good value odds and the option to switch to spread betting.
Why we like SpreadEx
SpreadEx have great depth to their MLS markets, both for fixed odds and spread betting. They offer great betting options in-play and pre-match and for outrights as well as individual matches. There is flexibility for punters who want to try their hand at spread betting and they offer good value odds.
What SpreadEx offers you
- Good value odds: SpreadEx’s payout margins for three MLS fixtures in March 2023 averaged at 93.3%.
- Versatility: It is quick and seamless to move between spread betting and fixed odds at SpreadEx. You can easily compare the odds and markets.
- Great range of markets: SpreadEx have a whole host of markets and betting options for MLS punters.
- Quality bet builder: SpreadEx have a comprehensive bet builder and the #NameIt tab has a list of ready made wagers.
- Bonus for referrals: Refer a friend to SpreadEx and you could receive a free bet of £100.
Betfred has backed up its successful in-person chain of betting shops with a strong online presence, making it one of the leading MLS online betting sites.
- Double Delight and Hat-trick Heaven
- Price boosts
New 18+ UK customers. Register with Welcome40. Deposit, using a Debit Card, and place first bet on sports within 7 days of registering. Bet must be £10+ at Evens (2.0)+ in one bet transaction. £40 in Free Bets credited within 10 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. First bet must be settled within 7 days of registration. Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs apply.
The Betfred goalscorer promotions are second to none even among the best MLS betting sites.
Why we like Betfred
Back a player to score first at Betfred and you could see your odds doubled or trebled with Double Delight and Hat-Trick Heaven. Their Daily Price Boosts page is a good place to check out during the season. Build your own bet with #PickYourPunt.
What Betfred offers you
- Goal scorer promotions: If you wager on a player to score first in select matches, your odds will be doubled if they score twice and trebled if they net a hat-trick.
- Daily Price Boosts: Betfred organises all its price boosts on a dedicated page of their website.
- #PickYourPunt: Use #PickYourPunt to put together your own bet. Alternatively, you can see what others have built. The feature provides bettors with plenty of flexibility when betting on MLS games.
- Virtual sports: If you fancy trying out virtual sports, Betfred is a good place to go. Their virtual section is backed with different sports, including football matches every few minutes.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on MLS
Choosing a Major League Soccer betting site is not always straight-forward. Online sports gambling can appear complex with an enormous amount for punters to take in from each bookie, ranging from customer service to promotions and free bets.
Chris Sampson: The leading MLS betting sites will have good quality odds and will offer plenty of options for punters, including player props. In-play betting options are important and live streaming is a feature which can give a betting site an advantage over its competitors.
Compare the best MLS betting sites of 2023
Every major bookmaker has some sort of Copa del Rey offering. The quality of their service can differ greatly, but there are still loads of great options out there when it comes to betting on Major League Soccer. Betting.com have compiled a table to help you weigh up the pros and cons:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|Bet365||4.7/5||Live streaming for MLS||Review|
|Unibet||4.6/5||Statistics and Info||Review|
|10bet||4.6/5||High MLS odds||Review|
|SpreadEx||4.5/5||Spread betting option||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
Betting.com have done a lot of groundwork for you, however choosing a bookmaker is a personal decision. You should undertake your own research and find the best site for your betting habits. To help with that process, here are seven important factors:
- Licences are a must: Safety is paramount when betting online. The only way to be confident in the security of your information is by wagering with licensed bookies.
- Look into welcome offers: A good welcome offer can be a great start with a bookmaker. Read the terms to make sure it is appropriate for your stakes and betting habits.
- Search for MLS odds: Accessibility and value are vital when looking for Major League Soccer odds on a betting website.
- Check payment methods: First and foremost, you want to be certain your preferred method option is available. It is also important that there are no hidden fees and you can withdraw your winnings quickly.
- Use Google to find reviews: Reading the opinion of others can tell you a lot about what it is like to use a bookmaker regularly.
- Download their app: The mobile experience is a major component of online gambling in the 2020s. Get a feel for their app on your preferred device.
- Sign up: If all the other boxes are ticked off, then it’s time to give the sign up process a go.
Betting on MLS explained
Just as football has changed since the first season of MLS in 1996,, so has the nature of sports betting. The ability to wager online at the best MLS betting sites opens up possibilities for punters, and there are many features, such as live streaming and in-play betting to enjoy.
MLS odds cover everything from outright winner of the MLS Cup, teams to make the playoffs and match betting. The best MLS betting sites will get outright odds out nice and early and will provide match odds several days before kick-off.
MLS odds are calculated on the probability of something happening.
For example, the odds of New York City FC winning the MLS Cup are much shorter than the odds of Inter Miami, simply because the probability of New York City FC winning the MLS Cup is much higher.
If New York City FC win the MLS Cup after you placed a £10 bet on them to do so at 12/1, you would win £120. But if Inter Miami win the MLS Cup after you placed a £10 bet on them to do so at 150/1, you would win £1,500.
Making your MLS picks requires careful consideration. All the usual factors in football betting, like injury news and form, are to be evaluated.
Types of MLS bets
The types of Major League Soccer bets available will be familiar to anyone who has previously wagered on football. These markets should all be clearly presented at the best MLS betting sites in 2023.
The prices for a team to win the match are usually found at the top of a game-specific page. Many punters will choose to combine these in accumulators.
Backing a team to qualify for the play-offs or to reach a certain stage of those play offs are wagers available in MLS betting.
The leading MLS online betting sites will provide player props in matches.
Outright betting on MLS is generally focused on which team will lift the MLS Cup. Some bookies will allow you to make this into an each-way wager.
More commonly referred to as an ‘acca’, accumulator betting is when you bet on two or more MLS games – betting on five teams is known as a ‘five-fold’ – but combine them into one bet. Because the odds are multiplied, you’ll win an enhanced amount if all the selections in your acca are correct.
MLS betting strategies
It is worth dedicating a period of time to develop your MLS betting strategy. Keeping up to date with the latest news in MLS is always useful, plus finding some websites to provide you with injury updates and statistics can point you in the right direction. Compare prices before placing a wager to make sure you are getting the best value.
Get to know more about MLS to bet smarter
Major League Soccer (MLS) is sanctioned by the United States Soccer Federation. It is the sport’s highest level in the United States. The league is made up of 29 teams, 26 in the U.S. and 3 in Canada.
Major League Soccer is the latest professional national soccer league to be established in the United States and Canada. The predecessor of MLS was the North American Soccer League (NASL), which existed from 1968 until 1984. MLS was founded in 1993 as part of the United States’ successful bid to host the 1994 FIFA World Cup. The inaugural season took place in 1996 with ten teams.[
MLS suffered financial and organisational difficulties in its early years. Since then, developments such as the proliferation of soccer-specific stadiums around the league, implementation of the Designated Player Rule allowing teams to sign star players such as David Beckham, and national TV contracts have made MLS profitable.
With an average attendance of over 20,000 per game, MLS has the fourth-highest average attendance of any major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada after the National Football League (NFL), Major League Baseball (MLB), and Canadian Football League (CFL).
The MLS regular season typically starts in late February or early March and runs through mid-October, with each team playing 34 games. The team with the best record is awarded the Supporters’ Shield. Eighteen teams compete in the postseason MLS Cup Playoffs in late October and November, culminating in the league’s championship game, the MLS Cup.
Instead of operating as an association of independently owned clubs, MLS is a single entity in which each team is owned by the league and individually operated by the league’s investors. The league has a fixed membership like most sports leagues in the United States and Canada, which makes it one of the few soccer leagues that does not use a promotion and relegation process.
LA Galaxy have the most MLS Cups, with five. They are also tied with D.C. United for most Supporters’ Shields, with four each. Los Angeles FC are the defending champions, as they defeated Philadelphia Union 3–0 on penalties in MLS Cup 2022 on November 5, 2022, to mark the end of the 2022 season.
MLS Recent Winners
2022- Los Angeles FC
2021 – New York City FC
2020 – Columbus Crew
2019 – Seattle Sounders
2018 – Atlanta United FC
2017 – Toronto FC
2016 – Seattle Sounders
2015 – Portland Timbers
2014 – Los Angeles Galaxy
Who is the favourite to win the MLS Cup in 2023?
Los Angeles FC are favourites to win the MLS Cup. They are rated at 9/2 by 10bet with Seattle Sounders 8/1 and FC Cincinnati 9/1 with the same bookie.
FC Cincinnati are favourites for the Eastern Conference while Los Angeles FC are tipped to take the Western Conference. Los Angeles are also favourites to win the Supporters Shield.
Who is competing in MLS in 2023?
Season start-end: 25th February – 9th December 2023
All teams and their home stadiums
- Atlanta United, FC, Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- Austin FC, Q2 Stadium
- Charlotte FC, Bank of America Stadium
- Chicago Fire FC, Soldier Field
- FC Cincinnati, TQL Stadium
- Colorado Rapids, Dick’s Sporting Goods Park
- Columbus Crew, Lower.com Field
- FC Dallas, Toyota Stadium
- D.C. United, Audi Field
- Houston Dynamo FC, PNC Stadium
- LA Galaxy, Dignity Health Sports Park
- Los Angeles FC, Banc of California Stadium
- Minnesota United FC, Allianz Field
- Inter Miami CF, DRV PNK Stadium
- CF Montreal, Saputo Stadium
- Nashville SC, Geodis Park
- New England Revolution, Gillette Stadium
- New York City FC, Yankee Stadium
- New York Red Bulls, Red Bull Arena
- Orlando City SC, Exploria Stadium
- Philadelphia Union, Subaru Park
- Portland Timbers, Providence Park
- Real Salt Lake, Rio Tinto Stadium
- San Jose Earthquakes, PayPal Park
- Seattle Sounders FC, Lumen Field
- Sporting Kansas City, Children’s Mercy Park
- St Louis City SC, City Park
- Toronto FC, BMO Field
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC, BC Place
Reigning Champions: Los Angeles FC
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
February 25 – October 21 (regular season)
October 25 – December 9 (playoffs)