Founded by Anders Ström in 1997, Unibet is based in Malta like many of the leading ice hockey online betting sites.
- Excellent ice hockey coverage
- Stacks of outright markets
- Incredibly in-depth statistics
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
Unibet is renowned for its widespread sports coverage. They provide far more ice hockey markets than many of their peers.
Why we like Unibet
You are met with an exceptional choice of ice hockey odds at Unibet. They both cover plenty of competitions and have a variety of outright markets on the biggest events. Your betting decisions can be informed through the statistics available on their website. It is easy to get the ball rolling with their strong welcome offer.
What Unibet offers you
- Leagues all over the world: You are never going to be short of ice hockey games to bet on at Unibet. They cover leagues and competitions all over the world.
- Outright betting options: Unibet goes above and beyond with its selection of outright markets on ice hockey.
- Lots of numbers: Visit the statistics section of the Unibet website to find a remarkable number of statistics on all manner of ice hockey competitions.
- Competitive odds: Unibet regularly offer attractive ice hockey odds.
Bet365 has long been at the top of the sports betting industry in the UK. It doesn’t look like that will change anytime soon.
- Bet Boosts on ice hockey games
- Ice hockey bet builder
- Early payouts
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
The accessible bet boost markets are a key reason that Bet365 is among the best ice hockey betting sites in 2023.
Why we like Bet365
All punters like boosted odds, and Bet365 provide plenty of ice hockey markets. If they don’t have a wager you fancy, it’s also possible to customise your own bet with their intuitive bet builder platform. The early payout offer gives some insurance against dramatic comebacks.
What Bet365 offers you
- Bet Boost section: If there’s ice hockey action, there will be some bet boosts available at Bet365. The boosted wagers are easy to locate at the top of the page.
- Bet Builder: Combine up to 12 markets on ice hockey games using the Bet365 Bet Builder.
- Early payout promo: Known for their early payout promotions, Bet365 will payout a wager as a winner if your team goes three goals ahead.
- Superb in-play experience: The Bet365 in-play interface is the best in the business. Quickly place wagers and cash out smoothly.
Betway is an online-only bookmaker with a strong reputation worldwide.
- Informative stats on ice hockey page
- Daily NHL props
- Reliably high odds on ice hockey games
New UK customers only. Min Deposit: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. First bet on a Football or Horse Racing multiple with 3+ selections. Overall odds: 3.00 (2/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. This is offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 50 Bonus Spins credited on placement of qualifying Acca bet.50x bonus wagering applies as do weighting requirements, bonus Spins only available on selected games and expires 7 days after being awarded. Debit card deposits only (exclusions apply). 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way. Full terms apply.
Punters can do some research for their wagers through the well-designed statistics graphics on the Betway website.
Why we like Betway
Betway’s website and app are slick and quick to load. Part of this offering is the statistics on each game page, which gives ice hockey bettors some information to help them pick a wager. NHL fans have daily props to choose from throughout the season. Whichever competition you bet on, odds are going to be higher than many other of the best ice hockey betting sites.
What Betway offers you
- Useful statistics: You want to be well-informed before placing your wager. Betway helps you learn about the form of the two teams and the standings in the competition.
- NHL-specific props: Alongside their range of ice hockey markets, Betway also has daily NHL props combining bets for different games.
- High odds: Betway has high odds across the board. Ice hockey follows that trend, with their prices comparing favourably.
- Free Bet Club: Opt in to the Free Bet Club and you can win up to £10 in free bets every week to use on the Betway website or app.
10bet is a quality online sports book, with an award winning website who cover ice hockey really well.
- Ice hockey odds available well in advance
- Award-winning website design
- Competitive odds
18+. New bettors get 50% of deposit up to £50; Once per household; Min deposit £15 (no Skrill/Neteller); Wager a total of 8 times deposit + bonus, with max qualifying bet stake equal to your initial bonus amount; Bonus expires after 60 days; Min odds of 4/5 on singles, or 2/5 per leg for acca; Some bet types excluded; See full terms;
10bet’s superb website, competitive odds, info and stats and range of leagues and markets make it a great place to bet on ice hockey.
Why we like 10bet
10bet are very prompt with their odds for outrights and individual matches in ice hockey. The design of their website has rightly earned recognition, including some awards in 2019.
What 10bet offers you
- Early game odds: Ice hockey odds are often available well in advance.
- Excellent website design: Slick, sophisticated, and easy to use, the 10bet website has received plenty of plaudits for its design and functionality.
- Competitive ice hockey odds: 10bet generally provide good quality odds on ice hockey.
- Ten Club: 10bet does things a bit differently with its VIP program. The Ten Club is a personalised experienced, featuring individual offers and a private WhatsApp.
BetUK is a recent addtion to the British sports betting industry, having been founded as recently as 2020. The company has wasted no time building a reputation as a good quality ice hockey betting site.
- Best Odds for EPL
- Best Odds for UCL
- Good options for betting on ice hockey
- Acca club
- Good quality odds for ice hockey
BetUK provide coverage of popular leagues such as the NHL and many other competitions around the world.
Why we like BetUK
You can find ice hockey markets at BetUK with their dedicated section. The website is generally easy to work your way around. If you like placing accumulators, their Acca Club can lead to some decent rewards for regular punters.
What BetUK offers you
- Range of ice hockey leagues and markets: BetUK cover a good range of ice hockey leagues and competitions around the world.
- Profit boosts with Acca Club: Join the Acca Club through the promotions page when logged into your account and you can earn profit boosts tokens on certain accumulators.
- Competitive odds for ice hockey: BetUK offer competitive odds for ice hockey across a range of leagues.
- Virtual sports markets: If you aren’t finding any appealing wagers elsewhere, you can always have a look at BetUK’s virtual sports betting.
- Free Bet Club: You can land two £3 free bets every week with the Free Bet Club. Criteria apply to receive the free bets.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Ice Hockey
There is a lot to consider as you try to narrow down the best ice hockey betting sites. Some sites have more markets than others, some have websites which are easier on the eye. Parts are down to personal choice.
Sam Cox: In my opinion, the best ice hockey betting sites need to cover all the bases. I want these bookies to cover competitions beyond the NHL and other major leagues, and bonus points are awarded for having additional outright markets on top of the standard ones.
Compare the best Ice Hockey betting sites of 2023
All of the recognisable bookmakers in the UK have some form of ice hockey betting available. Unlike horse racing or Premier League football, however, there is a huge range in their respective offerings. The amount of attention paid to ice hockey varies considerably.
Still, among the top ice hockey online betting sites, there isn’t much to choose between them. So, here’s a quickfire comparison of the leading contenders:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|Unibet||4.8/5||Range of competitions||Review|
|Betway||4.6/5||Ice hockey stats||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
Hours of work has been put into finding out the pros and cons of ice hockey bookmakers. Time has been dedicated to comparisons and analysing what each bookie provides for punters. It is still a personal decision when picking a bookmaker, however, and it is important you examine the options for yourself.
To aid with that process, here are seven criteria to bear in mind as you look around:
- Licences are important: To be sure of safety when betting on ice hockey, check that the bookmaker you are using has up-to-date licences in your country. You should never risk your data and financial information.
- Research different welcome offers: You want to bet at a bookmaker which has promotions applicable to your betting habits. The welcome offer is a good taster of how easy it will be to qualify for their various promos and free bets.
- Search for their ice hockey odds: The quantity and quality of ice hockey odds will inevitably vary. Look around to see how easy it is to find the ice hockey odds and make sure they cover the competitions/markets you are interested in.
- Read up on payment options: More payment options is generally better with a bookmaker. If you have a clearly preferred method, have a look at the time it takes for deposits and withdrawals to process and check for any hidden charges.
- Look at a few reviews: Bookmakers earn their reputation. There are reviews available for every bookie. Take a look to see what others think.
- Download the mobile app: Head to the app store on your preferred device and download their app. It is a good way to get a flavour of the mobile experience.
- Go through the sign-up process: Once a bookie has met all your requirements, it is time to try signing up with them. This can be a great indicator of what it is like to be a regular punter.
Betting on Ice Hockey explained
The first indoor game of ice hockey was played in Canada way back in 1875. It goes without saying that the sport and betting on it has altered considerably since then.
Ice hockey odds are plentiful at the best ice hockey betting sites. Outright markets are often available well before a season/tournament gets underway.
Making ice hockey picks is similar to many other team sports. You need to look into team form, head-to-head records and betting trends.
Types of Ice Hockey bets
A lot of ice hockey markets are similar to other sports. If you are a fan of the sport, almost all of the markets should be pretty self-explanatory.
Probably the most common bet in ice hockey is to bet on which team wins the game. Look out for whether this bet includes overtime.
Just as in other sports, you can bet on the total number of goals in ice hockey. Bookies will set a line, and you choose the over or the under. Some betting sites will provide alternate lines, too.
Player props markets are available at the best ice hockey betting sites. You can wager on anything from shots and assists to powerplay points and shots blocked.
Outright betting markets are sometimes referred to as futures. These include betting on player awards and which team will win a tournament.
Ice Hockey betting strategies
It is worth taking some time to decide on your preferred ice hockey betting strategy. There are a lot of sites out there to help with your statistical research, including Hockey Reference. You will also want look up head-to-head matchups, team form and various betting trends.
Popular Ice Hockey events to bet on
The big bucks in ice hockey are focused on North America, but the competition has an audience in numerous other countries. Here are some of the biggest ice hockey events to bet on:
- NHL: First played in 1917, the NHL is the highest standard ice hockey league in the world. There are 32 teams split into conferences and divisions, with the champion being decided via a playoff format. The Montreal Canadiens are the most successful franchise, having lifted the Stanley Cup on 25 occasions. Get ready to bet on the National Hockey League by reading up on the best NHL betting sites.
- Kontinental Hockey League: The Kontinental Hockey League was founded in 2008. It involves teams from Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and China. Of the 22 teams involved, 19 are based in Russia. The KHL is commonly regarded as the second-strongest ice hockey league in the world, and had a total attendance of over five million in 2017.
- Winter Olympics: Men’s ice hockey was first competed at the Summer Olympics in 1920, and became a permanent part of the Winter Games in 1924. The women’s tournament was first played at the 1998 Winter Olympics. Canada are the most successful ice hockey team across the men’s and women’s competitions with 23 total medals, 14 of which have been gold. Learn more about betting on the Games by checking out our guide to the best Winter Olympics betting sites.