Based in Stoke-on-Trent, Bet365 has long been one of the largest bookmakers in the world. The company continues to provide an industry-leading service and sit alongside the best greyhounds betting sites in the UK.
- Stacks of greyhounds antepost betting markets
- My Greyhounds feature
- Bet Boosts
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
Bet365 mixes strong odds with some handy unique features, including their My Greyhounds section.
Why we like Bet365
Punters have little to criticise with Bet365. The site has a deep list of greyhound antepost betting markets, accompanied by a consistent set of live streams to keep up with the action. Bet Boosts can provide some even more appealing odds, plus regular bettors can keep track of the racing with My Greyhounds.
What Bet365 offers you
- Lots of greyhounds futures markets: Bet365 offers futures markets on greyhounds racing all over the world, from the Coronation Cup to the Golden Easter Egg.
- My Greyhounds: Instead of wading through the results each time, you can select certain greyhounds to follow, and the My Greyhounds tab will keep you informed on when they are racing and how they have performed.
- Bet Boosts each day: Bet365 boosts loads of greyhound races each day.
- Small qualifying wager for live streams: You only need to place a 50p bet on the winner of a 25p each-way selection to qualify for Bet365 greyhound live streams.
Ireland’s largest bookmaker was founded over four decades ago. In that time, Boyle Sports has added an excellent online setup to its high-street betting shops.
- Free greyhounds streaming
- High odds
- Virtual greyhound races every three minutes
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Account & Payment method restrictions apply. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. T&Cs apply. T&Cs apply.
Boyle Sports was a guarantee to be amid the top greyhounds online betting sites due to its high-quality streaming options.
Why we like Boyle Sports
You are met with competitive odds across every sport when you visit the Boyle Sports website or app. Their greyhounds section is among the most comprehensive in the industry, with specials, virtual racing, full race cards and antepost available. Being able to stream for free is particularly useful.
What Boyle Sports offers you
- Accessible greyhounds streaming: Boyle Sports extensively advertises their free greyhounds streaming. Their streams load quickly and are available on a huge range of races.
- Excellent odds: Even before their promotions and special markets, Boyle Sports ranks favourably to many of their competitors when it comes to their greyhounds odds.
- Frequent virtual races: You can wager on a greyhound race every three minutes on Boyle Sports’ website and app.
- Money back as free bets: If you bet on selected races, you will receive free bets if your pick finishes second to the starting price favourite.
William Hill is a leading figure in the sports gambling industry, and has long been one of the best greyhounds betting sites for both experienced and rookie punters.
- Daily bet boosts on greyhounds
- Special greyhounds markets
- Betting TV
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 18.10.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply.
There is a lot to like about William Hill’s entire package, including their long-standing reputation for safety and fairness.
Why we like William Hill
You will be met by a website crammed with information and offers, including daily bet boosts. Once on the greyhounds page, you are no more than a click away from the race cards. William Hill has a deserved reputation for providing customers with security, and their customer service is useful whatever issue you are trying to resolve.
What William Hill offers you
- Boosted odds on greyhounds: You will regularly find boosted odds on greyhound races at William Hill. It’s a great way to get extra value on a race.
- Greyhounds specials: Alongside the standard offerings on each race, William Hill offers greyhounds specials which are easy to locate on their website and app.
- Betting TV: Selected UK and Ireland meetings are streamed daily on William Hill. A small window opens in the top-right corner on the William Hill website.
- Virtual races every two minutes: You’ll never be waiting long for the next race. Wager on virtual greyhound races every couple of minutes on the William Hill website or app.
Coral is a veteran of British sports gambling and has been prominent in the greyhound betting industry for several decades.
- Best Odds Guaranteed for greyhound racing in UK and Ireland
- Strong welcome offer
- Lots of live streaming
18+ New UK+IRE Customers. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 1x £20 free bet. Free bet available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. for Horse Racing valid for 7 days. Restrictions + T&Cs apply
Coral combines guaranteed high odds with a good welcome offer and reliable live streams.
Why we like Coral
The odds provided by Coral are excellent, and new punters don’t have to risk too much to receive their welcome offer. You will be able to stream a lot of races throughout the day, or checkout their frequent virtual races. All Greyhound races in the UK and Ireland have a Best Odds Guaranteed at Coral, ensuring punters get the best value possible.
What Coral offers you
- Best Odds Guaranteed on greyhounds in UK and Ireland: Coral offers the Best Odds Guaranteed on all greyhound racing in the UK and Ireland. Bets placed after the off don’t qualify.
- Promotions and offers: Coral have a number of promotions, offers and features to keep things interesting for new and existing customers alike.
- Live streams: Coral has live streams on their website and app for every single race they offer bets on in the UK.
- Easy-to-use website and app: Intuitive and with a tidy layout, the Coral website and app are well-suited to punters of varying experience.
SpreadEx came onto the scene as a spread betting platform just before the millennium. It has added a fixed-odds sportsbook, which ranks alongside some of the best Greyhound betting sites in Britain.
- Easy to switch between spread betting and fixed odds
- Live streaming
- Good value odds
Place a £25 fixed odds single bet at min. odds of 1/2 and get 5 x £5 free fixed odds single bets, as well as 2 x £5 free totals goals bets, 2 x £5 winning favourite bets, and 50 free spins on Starburst. Free bets applied to account on consecutive days. 18+ begambleaware.org T&Cs apply.
The bookie has live streaming of greyhounds, quality odds and the option to switch to spread betting.
Why we like SpreadEx
SpreadEx provide some flexibility with how easy it is to move between spread betting and fixed odds.
What SpreadEx offers you
- Live streaming: SpreadEx’s offers live streaming for greyhounds.
- Versatility: It is quick and seamless to move between spread betting and fixed odds at SpreadEx. You can easily compare the odds and markets.
- Good value odds: SpreadEx often comes out favourably when its odds are compared with other leading bookmakers.
- Bonus for referrals: Refer a friend to SpreadEx and you could receive a free bet of £100.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Greyhounds
Punters have a lot to bear in mind when selecting from the best greyhounds betting sites in 2023. You are looking for somewhere which pairs consistently great odds with a stellar experience from initial sign-up through to placing your wagers.
Sam Cox: Alongside high standards for security and a good reputation, I look for greyhound betting sites to offer easy-to-use live streaming services and lots of antepost markets. It’s an added bonus if a bookie provides virtual greyhound racing for when you fancy something a bit different.
Compare the best Greyhounds betting sites of 2023
Betting and greyhound racing have been intertwined for a long time. The process of betting on greyhounds has changed over the years, however, with punters able to place wages remotely thanks to the top greyhounds online betting sites.
This is a sport covered by the vast majority of bookies. Below is a comparison of the standout greyhound betting sites:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|William Hill||4.3/5||Boosted odds||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
We have extensively researched the best greyhounds betting sites to produce this list. Selecting a sportsbook can be a personal decision, though, and bettors will have their own set of priorities to choose between bookmakers.
To get you started with selecting your favoured book, we have compiled a selection of important criteria:
- Remember to check for licenses: You want to be sure you are safe with your bookie. Wagering at a licensed bookmaker is the primary way to do just that. Don’t risk your data or cash at an unlicensed bookmaker.
- Select a favourable welcome offer: Welcome offers are not all created equal. When choosing which bookie to bet on greyhounds with, research different welcome offers to find the one which suits your betting habits. A sizeable welcome offer can be a good way to do a trial run with one of the best greyhounds betting sites.
- Learn about their greyhounds odds: All bettors want to be getting the best possible odds. Whether you prioritise a range of markets or want to have the most races to choose from, take a look at the greyhounds odds available at each bookie.
- Research payment methods: You likely know which payment method you want to use on a bookie’s website or app. Check that they cater for this. It might prove useful if they have a few other options available, too.
- Examine their reputation: What others think of a bookmaker can help inform your decision. If previous punters keep coming back, there’s a good chance the service is of a high standard.
- Download the app: Mobile betting is a good tool to have when you’re on the go. Find an app which is quick-to-load and has a user-friendly layout.
- Experiment by signing up: Ultimately, you only learn if a bookie is right for you by trying out their service. Fill out the necessary forms and get a feel for what it’s like to be a punter on their website or app.
Betting on Greyhounds explained
Racing greyhounds on a track started back in 1919. The viewership of the sport has fluctuated since then, with interest in the UK peaking just after the Second World War. In modern times, virtual greyhound racing has become popular, which is available on many of the best greyhounds betting sites in 2023.
A selection of greyhounds odds are available at major bookmakers. The number of markets on each race can vary significantly, and some bookmakers will cover more races throughout the year than others.
Making greyhounds picks demands plenty of research. Learn as much as you can about form, the trainer and race history before placing your wagers.
Types of Greyhounds bets
The types of bets available when wagering on greyhounds are very similar to horse racing.
The simplest of greyhound bets is to place a wager on the race winner. It’s as simple as it sounds.
Each-way bets are effectively two separate wagers on a greyhound to win or to ‘place’. The two bets are an equal cost.
Betting on the winning distance is a wager on the gap between the first and second-placed greyhounds. To win, you need to either select a range which the distance falls into or back an exact number.
Greyhounds futures bets are usually available for major events, which is a way to bet on the race winner well before it takes place. Some bookmakers will provide odds on the biggest races months in advance.
Greyhounds betting strategies
It will take time to settle on a preferred betting strategy for greyhounds. Take into account which trap each dog is running from, and how they have fared in their previous outings. Dive into the statistics to make yourself as informed as possible.
Popular Greyhounds events to bet on
There is a busy schedule of greyhound racing throughout the year. Punters can find events to wager on year-round, but these few races are the standout moments in the greyhound racing calendar:
- English Greyhound Derby: First raced in the 1920s and now carrying a pay packet of almost £200,000 for the winner, the English Greyhound Derby is a chance for trainers to make history. No greyhound has won the race more than twice. Between 1985 and 2016, it was hosted at Wimbledon before moving to Towcester and Nottingham in recent years.
- Scottish Greyhound Derby: By far Scotland’s most significant greyhound race, the Scottish Derby hands out over £20,000 to the winner. The race has been moved around Scotland over its century-long existence, but it is has been held at Shawfield every year since 1988.
- Melbourne Cup: Greyhound racing is very popular in Australia. The Melbourne Cup is a newer race than the Derbies, having first been competed in 1956, but it carries a bigger prize fund with over £300,000 up for grabs. The race attracts punters from all over the world.
- Irish Greyhound Derby: Just as in Scotland and England, the Irish Greyhound Derby is the biggest and most lucrative race to take place in Ireland. Exclusively held at Shelbourne Park since 1970, the prize money is very similar to its English counterpart.