William Hill is a massive name in the sports betting industry. The 1934-founded bookie has been one of the best EFL Cup betting sites in the UK for years.
- Enhanced odds on EFL Cup
- Accumulator rewards
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 18.10.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply.
Famed for their enhanced odds, William Hill always has some boosted prices for punters to consider.
Why we like William Hill
You are met with a catalogue of enhanced odds at William Hill when looking through their EFL Cup page. If accumulators are your thing, you can insure against narrowly missing out or boost your winnings. Design your own wager with #YourOdds.
What William Hill offers you
- Enhanced EFL Cup odds: All sorts of EFL Cup markets are boosted. Enhanced prices are shown at the top of the football page.
- Acca Freedom: You are granted one Acca Freedom per day at William Hill. This can be used to boost your odds or get some insurance.
- #YourOdds: Contact William Hill with your selections to have a wager priced up. You can also scroll through #YourOdds bets by others.
- Free Or 4: Win up to £200 in free bets by picking six matches to have three or four goals.
Known all over the world, Bet365 is a dominant force in the sports betting industry.
- Huge accumulator bonus
- Money back on goalless draws
- Early payout
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
With accumulators always popular on the earlier rounds of the EFL Cup, Bet365’s bonus system is invaluable.
Why we like Bet365
You could see your EFL Cup accumulator boosted by up to 70% at Bet365. Goalless draws see stakes repaid. Their early payout avoids stressing about the possibility of a comeback. Bet365 also has the best in-play betting system.
What Bet365 offers you
- Accumulator bonus: Qualifying accumulators can see the winnings increased by up to 70%. Bonus is dependent on the number of selections.
- Bore Draw Money Back: If you bet on a match and it finishes goalless, you will receive a refund on any pre-match bet on the correct score, half-time/full-time or scorecast markets.
- Early payout: Your match winner bet will be paid out if your pick takes a two-goal lead.
- Superb in-play betting: Bet365 has an array of markets on its excellent in-play betting console.
Unibet has become a very highly regarded bookmaker in recent years. They are clearly among the best EFL Cup betting sites in the UK.
- Breakdown of other wagers on EFL Cup
- Odds Boost for EFL Cup matches
- Bet Builder prices can be boosted
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
Get an idea for how others are betting with Unibet’s ‘top picks’ page.
Why we like Unibet
You can see where odds might move and how others are predicting a match will play out through Unibet’s ‘top picks’ page. Their Odds Boost section is active during the EFL Cup, and you can use a daily boost on their improved Bet Builder.
What Unibet offers you
- Statistics on bets placed: Visit Unibet’s ‘top picks’ page to see the breakdown of bets on a match.
- Odds Boost: The Unibet Odds Boost section includes various markets during the EFL Cup, such as player props, anytime goalscorer and both teams to score.
- Uniboost on Bet Builder: Unibet have revamped their Bet Builder. As a result, you can use a Uniboost to improve the odds.
- Pre-match statistics: View the head-to-head record, previous XI and team form on the match page.
Founded back in 1926, Coral has transformed from a successful in-person bookmaker to become a highly thought of EFL Cup online betting site.
- Tonnes of football specials, including cross matches
- Odds Boosters
- 2Up payout
18+ New UK+IRE Customers. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 1x £20 free bet. Free bet available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. for Horse Racing valid for 7 days. Restrictions + T&Cs apply
You are never short of betting options at Coral thanks to their consistent supply of specials.
Why we like Coral
Find all sorts of football specials at Coral throughout the EFL Cup, including cross-match wagers and enhanced accumulators. The 2Up payout allows you to relax if your team takes a comfortable lead. You can find some unique wagers in the #YourCall section.
What Coral offers you
- Stacks of specials: Coral has more EFL Cup specials than many of their competitors. Markets include cross-match bets, any three to win with BTTS and much more.
- Odds Boosters: Find enhanced trebles and other wagers under the Odds Booster title on Coral’s football page.
- 2Up payout: Your wager will be paid out if the team you backed takes a two-goal lead.
- #YourCall: Some unique combinations will be provided through #YourCall. You can wade through bets others have put together or make something for yourself.
Irish bookie BoyleSports have a huge high-street presence. They have moved with the times and have translated their success with in-person betting to become a quality online sportsbook..
- Combined odds
- Acca rewards
- Odds boosts
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Account & Payment method restrictions apply. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. T&Cs apply. T&Cs apply.
BoyleSports’ feature allowing you to combine odds in a market is something which sets it apart from many of their competitors.
Why we like BoyleSports
You can combine odds at BoyleSports, which is particularly appealing in the correct score market for EFL Cup fixtures. If you’re regularly placing accumulators, you will be lined up for rewards. They also boost League Cup wagers during the week of the matches.
What BoyleSports offers you
- Combined odds: In markets like correct score and anytime goalscorer, combine different wagers a unique bet. For instance, you can back the match to finish 1-1, 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0 rather than placing a bet on a specific score.
- Acca Rewards: Insure a leg of your accumulator or boost your winnings with BoyleSports’ Acca Rewards promotion.
- Price boosts: Find a selection of price boosts for each EFL Cup match on a dedicated tab.
- Acca Loyalty: You could be eligible for a £5 free accumulator if you place five other accumulators.
SBK are a mobile only betting site who offer a great service to UK punters, especially in football. They are one of the UK’s best EFL Cup betting sites.
- Brilliant app and mobile service
- Consistently attractive EFL Cup Odds
- Punters can submit betting tips and leave feedback
New UK, IE & Malta customers only. Min £10/€10 first deposit using Debit Card. Place a bet of £10 at min odds of 1.5 and get £10. Further £10 credited after 7 days and a further £10 credited after 14 days. Full T&Cs apply.18+. begambleaware.org
Competitive odds and great coverage of the EFL Cup and football as a whole, SBK is a great place to have a punt when on the move with it’s superb app.
Why we like SBK
SBK’s superb app and mobile offering make it one of the best sites to use if you are having a wager on the way to the match. Along with their fantastic odds for the domestic cups this makes SBK one of the UK’s best EFL Cup betting sites.
What SBK offers you
- Fantastic mobile experience/app: A contemporary and minimalist look, navigation is easy and user friendly. Using the app it is obvious that it was designed specifically for mobile phones, with everything fitting comfortably into a small screen. With less graphics and sound effects, it means that less powerful mobiles can also comfortably support the site. Perfect for Premier League punters to place and keep track of wagers on matchday.
- Attractive EFL Cup Odds: SBK have consistently competitive football odds and this rings true for their coverage of the EFL Cup.
- Great selection of submarkets: SBK have a fantastic amount of submarkets in the EFL Cup, often over 100 per game for the bigger ties.
- Variety of payment methods: SBK offer punters a wide range of payment options with its range of debit card and e-wallets accepted in line with or better than many of its competitors.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on EFL Cup
Featuring some of the biggest clubs in the world, the EFL Cup naturally gets a lot of attention from bookmakers. There are promotions galore. Boosted odds are everywhere. So, it can be hard to pick between the best EFL Cup betting sites in the UK.
Sam Cox: When it comes to choosing between the top EFL Cup online betting sites, I am looking for a selection of football promotions, with early payouts and accumulator boosts being particularly important for this competition. I want to be confident the bookie has a reliable and diverse live betting console, too.
Compare the best EFL Cup betting sites of 2023
It can be overwhelming trying to compare and contrast all the different factors. Customer service, payment methods, sign-up offers and promotions are all important. There is an awful lot to consider when trying to land on your new bookmaker for the EFL Cup.
So, to simplify the process, here’s a quick-fire comparison table of the best EFL Cup betting sites in 2023:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|William Hill||4.7/5||Boosted odds||Review|
|Bet365||4.6/5||EFL Cup accas||Review|
|Unibet||4.6/5||Data on betting markets||Review|
|Coral||4.5/5||EFL Cup specials||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
Here at Betting.com, we have got the ball rolling in your search for an EFL Cup online betting site.
We have put together the pros and cons to reach a shortlist of the best EFL Cup betting sites in 2023. Still, there are elements of subjectivity in choosing a bookie and each punter will have different priorities.
It is important you do some research yourself before making a final decision. These seven things are useful to bear in mind:
- Licensing is crucial: Safety is paramount for bettors. You want to feel confident your financial information and personal data are safe.
- Compare welcome offers: It helps to have a lucrative welcome offer when starting out with a bookie. It’s worth checking the terms and conditions of any sign-up offer to be certain that it works with your stakes and betting habits.
- Search for EFL Cup odds: Have a look through the website or app to find the EFL Cup odds. You want to have a range of markets to choose from. It’s worth using a comparison site to see if they offer good value, too.
- Research payment options: Check that the bookie allows your preferred payment method. Use Google to find out if there are any hidden fees. The best EFL Cup betting sites will quickly process deposits and withdrawals.
- Learn about their reputation: Punters are not shy about sharing their feelings. Look for some reviews to discover how other bettors have found their time with a bookmaker.
- Download the mobile app: Mobile betting is a significant part of a bookmaker’s offering. Download the app on your preferred device to see if it matches with the desktop experience.
- Trial run: If a bookmaker has checked all the boxes, it’s time to take the plunge and give the sign-up process a go. Only through registering with a bookmaker can you get a real idea of the website’s usability and whether it’s a place you can see yourself visiting on a regular basis.
Betting on EFL Cup explained
The world of betting on football has changed considerably since the EFL Cup was founded back in 1960. Gambling on the competition has never been easier thanks to the best EFL Cup betting sites in the UK.
Odds for EFL Cup matches will be available soon after the draw is made. Outright betting markets go live in preseason.
You need to look up statistics and form as you make your EFL Cup picks. The history of a manager in the competition is useful to know about too, as some do not take the competition seriously. Analyse their upcoming fixtures to see if a weakened XI is possible.
Types of EFL Cup bets
The types of EFL Cup bets available at the best EFL Cup betting sites in the UK in 2023 will be recognisable to anyone who has regularly wagered on football.
Match winner betting is a bet on which team will win the match. For the EFL Cup, it is worth checking if this includes extra time and penalties.
Bookies will set a line for the total number of goals in the match. You then bet on the ‘over’ or ‘under’.
Goal scorer markets
Goal scorer betting includes first goal scorer, anytime goalscorer and last goal scorer. Markets can also be found for a player to score two or more or even on how the goals will be scored.
Outright betting for the EFL Cup focuses on who will win the competition.
EFL Cup betting strategies
It is worth setting aside a few hours to develop your own EFL Cup betting strategy. Alongside form, injury news and head-to-head records, it’s worth considering how a team is expected to approach the competition. There is a lot to weigh up when placing your EFL Cup wagers.
Get to know more about EFL Cup to bet smarter
The EFL Cup was founded in 1960 as a response to increasing interest in continental competitions. All 92 clubs in the top four levels of English football can enter the competition, with the majority of Premier League clubs joining in the Second Round. Teams with commitments in UEFA tournaments enter at the Third Round.
With the introduction of floodlights, matches were able to be played on midweek evenings. Fixtures are still scheduled in the week with the exception of the final. There are seven rounds of the competition in a one-match knockout format, apart from the semi-finals, which take place over home and away legs.
For most of the tournament’s history, the winners of the EFL Cup were granted a spot in the UEFA Cup/Europa League. In 2020-21, this changed to an automatic spot in the UEFA Europa Conference League.
Liverpool are the most successful team in EFL Cup history with nine wins. Anfield legend Ian Rush is the competition’s all-time leading scorer.
Who is the favourite to win the EFL Cup in 2023/24?
Manchester City are the favourites to win the EFL Cup in 2023/24.
Who is competing in the EFL Cup in 2023/24?
The EFL Cup is open to all 92 clubs that make up the Premier League, the EFL Championship, EFL League 1 and EFL League 2,
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
Round One – w/c 7 August 2023
Round Two – w/c 28 August 2023
Round Three – w/c 25 September 2023
Round Four – w/c 30 October 2023
Quarter-Final – w/c 18 December 2023
Semi-Final (first leg) – w/c 8 January 2024
Semi-Final (second leg) – w/c 21 January 2024
Final – Sunday 25 February 2024
For more on football follow the link.