Perhaps the world’s most well-known bookmaker, Bet365 has long been among the best Ligue 1 betting sites.
- Accumulator bonus
- Early payout
- Live streaming of French football
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
If placing an accumulator is your thing, then the Bet365 accumulator bonus can prove to be very lucrative.
Why we like Bet365
You can see your accumulator winnings boosted by up to 70% at Bet365. If the team you’ve wagered on takes a two-goal lead, your bet will be paid out as a winner. Their comprehensive live streaming package includes Ligue 1, so you don’t need to miss any of the action.
What Bet365 offers you
- Accumulator bonus: Certain accumulators are eligible for the Bet365 bonus. This can lead to your winnings being increased by up to 70%.
- Early payout: Ligue 1 is covered by Bet365’s early payout scheme. Back a team to win, and the bet will be paid out if they go two goals up.
- Live streaming: Watch football from around the world on the Bet365 website and app, including Ligue 1.
- Bet Boost: Bet365 boosted lots of Ligue 1 bets throughout the season.
Unibet is one of the most underrated bookmakers in the UK. Their website and app provide punters with plenty of features to enjoy.
- New Bet Builder
- Ligue 1 live streaming
- Odds Boost
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
An upgraded Bet Builder is just part of why Unibet is one of the leading Ligue 1 online betting sites.
Why we like Unibet
The refreshed Bet Builder is accompanied by a daily Uniboost to increase your Bet Builder odds. Watch live Ligue 1 action on the app or website. Unibet has a dedicated Odds Boost page which will often include Ligue 1 markets.
What Unibet offers you
- Bet Builder: The Unibet Bet Builder has plenty of markets and good odds. The daily Uniboost allows you to increase the value further.
- Live Ligue 1 action: Follow Ligue 1 throughout the season through the Unibet website and app. Their live streaming is excellent.
- Odds Boost: Check out Unibet’s Odds Boost page for some enhanced prices during the campaign.
- Refer A Friend: You can receive £150 through Unibet’s Refer-A-Friend bonus scheme.
A veteran of UK sports betting, Coral has transformed from a widespread in-person bookmaker to become a successful online platform.
- Visible Ligue 1 statistics and tables
- Build Your Bet
- Ligue 1 special markets
18+ New UK+IRE Customers. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 1x £20 free bet. Free bet available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. for Horse Racing valid for 7 days. Restrictions + T&Cs apply
Conduct your research and place your wagers in one place with Coral’s in-depth Ligue 1 statistics.
Why we like Coral
You can discover a lot about the teams and players involved in a match without leaving Coral’s website. Their Build Your Bet feature functions well, and gives punters plenty of choices. Also, Ligue 1 special markets are available throughout the season to provide something extra to consider.
What Coral offers you
- Ligue 1 stats and info: Learn about team form, top goal scorers and check out the league table on the Coral website.
- Build Your Bet: Personalise your wager using the Coral Build Your Bet tool. You can make your own bet quickly and easily.
- Special markets: Featured special bets are located at the top of the Coral football page, which will often include Ligue 1 matches.
- Promotions: Coral have plenty of promos, offers and features to keep new and existing customers interested.
Established in 1902, Ladbrokes has stood the test of time and demonstrated adaptability to become one of the best Ligue 1 betting sites.
- Can boost selected odds
- Live Ligue 1 streams
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 4x £5 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions + T&Cs apply.
The Ladbrokes Odds Boost provides punters with flexibility to boost prices when they choose.
Why we like Ladbrokes
You can use an Odds Boost token to increase the price of a given wager at Ladbrokes. They live stream Ligue 1 matches throughout the season on their website and app. Craft your own bet with #GetAPrice or see what others have had priced up.
What Ladbrokes offers you
- Odds Boost: You have the choice of when to boost odds with the Ladbrokes Odds Boost token.
- Live football streaming: Live stream Ligue 1 matches at Ladbrokes. Keep up with matches on the go through their mobile app.
- #GetAPrice: Contact Ladbrokes with the #GetAPrice hashtag to have your wager priced up. You can also see other #GetAPrice bets on match-specific pages.
- Ligue 1 statistics: Access Ligue 1 team and player statistics on Ladbrokes. You can cover a fair chunk of your pre-wager research on their website.
Despite being founded as recently as 2020, BetUK has firmly established itself as a leading football sportsbook. It is one of the best Ligue 1 betting sites in the UK.
- Best Odds for EPL
- Best Odds for UCL
- Plenty of football specials throughout season
- Football betting tips only a couple of clicks away
- Acca Club
With a focus on football, BetUK has tonnes of specials for punters to analyse.
Why we like BetUK
You are never short of specials at BetUK. They are frequently updated, and odds are generally competitive. If you need some pointers, they have betting tips only a few pages away from the odds. Accumulator backers can land some useful profit boosts and free bets thanks to their Acca Club.
What BetUK offers you
- BetUK Specials: A glance at the left-hand column on the website shows an area specifically for specials. Football is the priority here, and you find Ligue 1 matches featured.
- Betting tips easy to find: BetUK provides expert betting tips on football. You can switch to their blog pages quickly from the odds markets.
- Acca Club: If accumulators are your kind of thing, BetUK’s Acca Club is a good way to earn a few extra rewards.
- Virtual sports: BetUK’s virtual sports platform has received lots of positive reviews.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Ligue 1
There’s a catalogue of good Ligue 1 online betting sites out there. The aim, though, is to find the best of the bunch. In doing so, punters have an enormous amount to wade through, from payment methods to customer service.
Sam Cox: In my opinion, the best Ligue 1 betting sites should offer live streaming throughout the season to make it easy to keep up to date with the latest action. I also want to see bookies provide multiple promotions for Ligue 1, including early payouts and boosted odds.
Compare the best Ligue 1 betting sites of 2023
With so much for bettors to absorb as they look around the best Ligue 1 betting sites, it can be overwhelming. Comparing so many different bookies isn’t easy. Even if you know what you’re looking for, it’s a crowded field and it can be hard to find exactly what you want.
We have simplified the process with this comparison table of the best Ligue 1 betting sites in 2023:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|Coral||4.2/5||Ligue 1 stats||Review|
|Ladbrokes||4.1/5||Boosting your odds||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
We have set the foundation for you to find your favoured Ligue 1 betting site. It is time to hand over the reins, however, as you should take a look for yourself before making a final decision. A bookmaker is very much a personal choice.
Here are seven factors to bear in mind:
- Licensing is crucial: Safety is the main priority when betting online. The only way to be confident that your data is projected is by betting on licensed betting sites.
- Compare welcome offers: A good welcome offer is a great way to get the ball rolling with a new bookmaker. Be sure the terms are appropriate for your stakes and betting habits.
- Search for Ligue 1 odds: Quantity, quality and accessibility are all elements to consider when looking for at site’s Ligue 1 odds.
- Different payment methods: If you have a preferred payment method, check it is provided by the bookie. Check there are no hidden fees and make sure winnings can be withdrawn quickly.
- Reputation tells you a lot: How others feel about a bookmaker can give you a good idea of what it is like to be a regular bettor. Use Google to find some reviews.
- Download their app: The mobile experience is a massive component in a bookmaker’s offering in the 2020s. Download their app on your favoured device for a trial run.
- Sign up: Once all the other boxes have been ticked off, it’s time to give the sign-up process a go. First impressions always matter.
Betting on Ligue 1 explained
Football is a very different sport from when Ligue 1 was first competed in 1930. Even since the current name was adopted in 2002, technology has massively changed the nature of the sport and wagering. The best Ligue 1 betting sites in 2023 provide more than odds and wagers, with statistics and live streaming enhancing the experience for bettors.
Ligue 1 odds are live on the leading Ligue 1 online betting sites from August through to May. Some bookies will make match odds available weeks in advance. Look for outright markets to go up soon after the previous season has finished.
Landing on your Ligue 1 picks can be a lengthy process. You have a lot to consider before settling on a wager, including team form, recent player performance and injury news. Head-to-head records can also help to inform your betting decisions.
Types of Ligue 1 bets
The types of bets available at the best Ligue 1 betting sites in the UK will be familiar to anyone who has bet on football before.
Odds for the match winner are the easiest to find on any betting site. These are located at the top of each game-specific page. Simply pick which team you fancy to win the match, and your bet will be marked as a winner if they score more goals than their opponent.
Bookmakers set a line for the total number of goals in a Ligue 1 match. For instance, if this is set at 2.5, you bet on there to be over or under that total in the match. If you bet on the under, you need the teams to combine for zero, one or two goals for your bet to be a winner.
Player prop betting on Ligue 1 is common. This is particularly popular in bet builders. Player props include markets like goal scorer, shots, passes and cards.
Ligue 1 outright betting contains several different options for you to ponder. League winner, relegation and a top three finish are the most common.
Ligue 1 betting strategies
You should commit a few hours to working on your Ligue 1 betting strategy. Some trial and error might be required. You need some reliable websites to keep up with the latest Ligue 1 news and statistics. It also helps to learn about betting trends in French football and see what expert tipsters are backing.
Get to know more about Ligue 1 to bet smarter
Ligue 1 has existed since 1930, though it only adopted its current name in 2002. The season runs from August through to May. There are 20 teams in the topflight of French football in 2022-23, but this is being adjusted for 2023-24 when there will only be 18 clubs involved. All teams play each other home and away – the champion is the club with the most points when all matches have been completed.
Ligue 1 is recognised as one of the top five leagues in world football. The league has produced one Champions League winner and one Cup Winners’ Cup winner. Currently, the top three teams qualify for the Champions League, with fourth going into the Europa League and fifth qualifying for the Conference League.
Paris Saint-Germain are the most successful team in Ligue 1 history with 11 league titles. Mickaël Landreau has the most appearances of all-time with 618. Delio Onnis the all-time top goal scorer with 299.
Who is the favourite to win the Ligue 1 in 2023/24?
PSG are favourites to win Ligue 1 in 2023/24
Who is competing in Ligue 1 in 2023/24?
- Le Havre
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
12th/13th August 2023 – Season starts
20th December 2023-13th January 2024-WInter break
18th May 2024 – Season ends