Our top list for the best Ligue 1 Betting Sites for 2023
- Paddy Power – Two-goal lead promotion
- Bet365 – Accumulator bonus
- Unibet – Improved Bet Builder
- Coral – Accessible statistics on French football
- Ladbrokes – Boost your odds
Irish bookmaker Paddy Power has a significant high street presence, which is partnered with an excellent online product.
Relax if your team takes a two-goal lead at Paddy Power thanks to their 2Up You Win promotion.
Why we like Paddy Power:
You don’t need to stress if the team you’ve backed is at threat of a comeback with Paddy Power. Your bet will be paid out if your team takes a two-goal lead. There’s also insurance against accumulators narrowly missing out. Find boosted Ligue 1 odds under the Power Prices heading.
|2Up You Win|
Free bet if acca misses by one leg
|Average outright odds|
Match prices can be hit and miss
What Paddy Power offers you
- 2Up You Win: Place a pre-match bet on a team to win and your bet is covered by 2Up You Win. Your bet will pay out if your pick takes a two-goal lead.
- Accumulator insurance: If a qualifying accumulator misses out by one leg, you will receive a free bet.
- Power Prices: Paddy Power boosts tonnes of prices throughout the Ligue 1 season. These are called ‘Power Prices’ and can be seen on the main Ligue 1 page.
- Paddy Power Rewards Club: Unlock various rewards through the Paddy Power Rewards Club if you are a regular punter.
Read the full Paddy Power Review
Perhaps the world’s most well-known bookmaker, Bet365 has long been among the best Ligue 1 betting sites.
If placing an accumulator is your thing, then the Bet365 accumulator bonus can prove to be very lucrative.
Why we like Bet365:
You can see your accumulator winnings boosted by up to 70% at Bet365. If the team you’ve wagered on takes a two-goal lead, your bet will be paid out as a winner. Their comprehensive live streaming package includes Ligue 1, so you don’t need to miss any of the action.
Live streaming of French football
|Website lacks graphics|
No statistics available on match pages
What Bet365 offers you
- Accumulator bonus: Certain accumulators are eligible for the Bet365 bonus. This can lead to your winnings being increased by up to 70%.
- Early payout: Ligue 1 is covered by Bet365’s early payout scheme. Back a team to win, and the bet will be paid out if they go two goals up.
- Live streaming: Watch football from around the world on the Bet365 website and app, including Ligue 1.
- Bet Boost: Bet365 boosted lots of Ligue 1 bets throughout the season.
Unibet is one of the most underrated bookmakers in the UK. Their website and app provide punters with plenty of features to enjoy.
An upgraded Bet Builder is just part of why Unibet is one of the leading Ligue 1 online betting sites.
Why we like Unibet:
The refreshed Bet Builder is accompanied by a daily Uniboost to increase your Bet Builder odds. Watch live Ligue 1 action on the app or website. Unibet has a dedicated Odds Boost page which will often include Ligue 1 markets.
|New Bet Builder|
Ligue 1 live streaming
|Could be easier to find Ligue 1 odds|
No VIP program
What Unibet offers you
- Bet Builder: The Unibet Bet Builder has plenty of markets and good odds. The daily Uniboost allows you to increase the value further.
- Live Ligue 1 action: Follow Ligue 1 throughout the season through the Unibet website and app. Their live streaming is excellent.
- Odds Boost: Check out Unibet’s Odds Boost page for some enhanced prices during the campaign.
- Refer A Friend: You can receive £150 through Unibet’s Refer-A-Friend bonus scheme.
A veteran of UK sports betting, Coral has transformed from a widespread in-person bookmaker to become a successful online platform.
Conduct your research and place your wagers in one place with Coral’s in-depth Ligue 1 statistics.
Why we like Coral:
You can discover a lot about the teams and players involved in a match without leaving Coral’s website. Their Build Your Bet feature functions well, and gives punters plenty of choices. Also, Ligue 1 special markets are available throughout the season to provide something extra to consider.
|Visible Ligue 1 statistics and tables|
Build Your Bet
Ligue 1 special markets
|App isn’t updated very frequently|
Website layout isn’t for everyone
What Coral offers you
- Ligue 1 stats and info: Learn about team form, top goal scorers and check out the league table on the Coral website.
- Build Your Bet: Personalise your wager using the Coral Build Your Bet tool. You can make your own bet quickly and easily.
- Special markets: Featured special bets are located at the top of the Coral football page, which will often include Ligue 1 matches.
- Solid welcome offer: Only £5 is needed to unlock the Coral welcome offer, making it one of the most accessible in the industry.
Established in 1902, Ladbrokes has stood the test of time and demonstrated adaptability to become one of the best Ligue 1 betting sites.
The Ladbrokes Odds Boost provides punters with flexibility to boost prices when they choose.
Why we like Ladbrokes:
You can use an Odds Boost token to increase the price of a given wager at Ladbrokes. They live stream Ligue 1 matches throughout the season on their website and app. Craft your own bet with #GetAPrice or see what others have had priced up.
|Can boost selected odds|
Live Ligue 1 streams
|Website can be overwhelming|
Support isn’t always available
What Ladbrokes offers you
- Odds Boost: You have the choice of when to boost odds with the Ladbrokes Odds Boost token.
- Live football streaming: Live stream Ligue 1 matches at Ladbrokes. Keep up with matches on the go through their mobile app.
- #GetAPrice: Contact Ladbrokes with the #GetAPrice hashtag to have your wager priced up. You can also see other #GetAPrice bets on match-specific pages.
- Ligue 1 statistics: Access Ligue 1 team and player statistics on Ladbrokes. You can cover a fair chunk of your pre-wager research on their website.
Read the full Ladbrokes Review
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Ligue 1
There’s a catalogue of good Ligue 1 online betting sites out there. The aim, though, is to find the best of the bunch. In doing so, punters have an enormous amount to wade through, from payment methods to customer service.
Sam Cox: In my opinion, the best Ligue 1 betting sites should offer live streaming throughout the season to make it easy to keep up to date with the latest action. I also want to see bookies provide multiple promotions for Ligue 1, including early payouts and boosted odds.
Compare the best Ligue 1 betting sites of 2023
With so much for bettors to absorb as they look around the best Ligue 1 betting sites, it can be overwhelming. Comparing so many different bookies isn’t easy. Even if you know what you’re looking for, it’s a crowded field and it can be hard to find exactly what you want.
We have simplified the process with this comparison table of the best Ligue 1 betting sites in 2023:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Sign-up Bonus||Full Review|
|Paddy Power||4.2/5||Early payouts||Bet £20, Get Back As Cash If Loses||Review|
|Bet365||4.6/5||Accumulator betting||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
|Unibet||4.4/5||Bet Builder||£40 Back As Bonus If First Bet Loses||Review|
|Coral||4/5||Ligue 1 stats||Bet £5, Get £20 Free Bets||Review|
|Ladbrokes||4.1/5||Boosting your odds||Bet £5, Get £20 Free Bets||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
We have set the foundation for you to find your favoured Ligue 1 betting site. It is time to hand over the reins, however, as you should take a look for yourself before making a final decision. A bookmaker is very much a personal choice.
Here are seven factors to bear in mind:
- Licensing is crucial: Safety is the main priority when betting online. The only way to be confident that your data is projected is by betting on licensed betting sites.
- Compare welcome offers: A good welcome offer is a great way to get the ball rolling with a new bookmaker. Be sure the terms are appropriate for your stakes and betting habits.
- Search for Ligue 1 odds: Quantity, quality and accessibility are all elements to consider when looking for at site’s Ligue 1 odds.
- Different payment methods: If you have a preferred payment method, check it is provided by the bookie. Check there are no hidden fees and make sure winnings can be withdrawn quickly.
- Reputation tells you a lot: How others feel about a bookmaker can give you a good idea of what it is like to be a regular bettor. Use Google to find some reviews.
- Download their app: The mobile experience is a massive component in a bookmaker’s offering in the 2020s. Download their app on your favoured device for a trial run.
- Sign up: Once all the other boxes have been ticked off, it’s time to give the sign-up process a go. First impressions always matter.
Betting on Ligue 1 explained
Football is a very different sport from when Ligue 1 was first competed in 1930. Even since the current name was adopted in 2002, technology has massively changed the nature of the sport and wagering. The best Ligue 1 betting sites in 2023 provide more than odds and wagers, with statistics and live streaming enhancing the experience for bettors.
Ligue 1 odds are live on the leading Ligue 1 online betting sites from August through to May. Some bookies will make match odds available weeks in advance. Look for outright markets to go up soon after the previous season has finished.
Landing on your Ligue 1 picks can be a lengthy process. You have a lot to consider before settling on a wager, including team form, recent player performance and injury news. Head-to-head records can also help to inform your betting decisions.
Types of Ligue 1 bets
The types of bets available at the best Ligue 1 betting sites in the UK will be familiar to anyone who has bet on football before.
Odds for the match winner are the easiest to find on any betting site. These are located at the top of each game-specific page. Simply pick which team you fancy to win the match, and your bet will be marked as a winner if they score more goals than their opponent.
Bookmakers set a line for the total number of goals in a Ligue 1 match. For instance, if this is set at 2.5, you bet on there to be over or under that total in the match. If you bet on the under, you need the teams to combine for zero, one or two goals for your bet to be a winner.
Player prop betting on Ligue 1 is common. This is particularly popular in bet builders. Player props include markets like goal scorer, shots, passes and cards.
Ligue 1 outright betting contains several different options for you to ponder. League winner, relegation and a top three finish are the most common.
Ligue 1 betting strategies
You should commit a few hours to working on your Ligue 1 betting strategy. Some trial and error might be required. You need some reliable websites to keep up with the latest Ligue 1 news and statistics. It also helps to learn about betting trends in French football and see what expert tipsters are backing.
Get to know more about Ligue 1 to bet smarter
Ligue 1 has existed since 1930, though it only adopted its current name in 2002. The season runs from August through to May. There are 20 teams in the topflight of French football in 2022-23, but this is being adjusted for 2023-24 when there will only be 18 clubs involved. All teams play each other home and away – the champion is the club with the most points when all matches have been completed.
Ligue 1 is recognised as one of the top five leagues in world football. The league has produced one Champions League winner and one Cup Winners’ Cup winner. Currently, the top three teams qualify for the Champions League, with fourth going into the Europa League and fifth qualifying for the Conference League.
Paris Saint-Germain are the most successful team in Ligue 1 history with 11 league titles. Mickaël Landreau has the most appearances of all-time with 618. Delio Onnis the all-time top goal scorer with 299.
Who is the favourite to win the Ligue 1 in 2023?
PSG were the season-long favourites to win Ligue 1. They won their 11th title in May, finishing ahead of Lens and Monaco. The club from Paris have been preseason Ligue 1 favourites for the last few years, and have dominated French football since their current owners purchased the club.
PSG are bound to be heavy preseason favourites for the 2023-24 Ligue 1 campaign, too. Punters are likely to find better value in the ‘winner without PSG’ market, where it is bound to be very competitive in 2024.
Who is competing in Ligue 1 in 2023?
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
5th August 2022 – Season starts
13th November 2022 – Break for World Cup
27th December 2022 – Season resumes
31st January 2023 – Transfer window closes
4th June 2023 – Season ends