Offering online betting since 2006, 10bet has pushed the boat out in recent years to stand out in a crowded marketplace.
- Very competitive odds on cycling
- Superb app and website
- Unique VIP club
18+. New bettors get 50% of deposit up to £50; Once per household; Min deposit £15 (no Skrill/Neteller); Wager a total of 8 times deposit + bonus, with max qualifying bet stake equal to your initial bonus amount; Bonus expires after 60 days; Min odds of 4/5 on singles, or 2/5 per leg for acca; Some bet types excluded; See full terms;
High odds on cycling are the headline feature with 10bet, which has rightly become one of the best cycling betting sites in the UK.
Why we like 10bet
Getting value when placing a bets what all punters are after. 10bet provides that with their consistently strong odds on cycling. The design of their website and app is second-to-none. The Ten Club is something a bit different from what others offer, and is certainly worth checking out.
What 10bet offers you
- Excellent odds: Compare cycling odds and you will often find 10bet near the top of the pile. They also cover a lot of the major events.
- Award-winning design of website and app: The 10bet website and app feel modern. Navigation is easy, plus the load times are minimal. Odds are straight-forward to find.
- The Ten Club: From tailored deals to their private WhatsApp service, 10bet have taken the concept of a VIP program to another level with The Ten Club.
- Rapid payouts: You won’t be waiting long for your winnings at 10bet. They are known to move quickly when you withdraw funds.
With well over a century of experience, Ladbrokes is one of the biggest brands in sports betting. They remain at the forefront of the industry since merging with Coral in 2016.
- Comprehensive coverage of cycling
- Able to boost odds on a chosen wager
- Wide range of betting markets
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 4x £5 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions + T&Cs apply.
Ladbrokes’ provide a great variety of betting options on cycling.
Why we like Ladbrokes
You always have a selection of sports and markets with Ladbrokes, with cycling being covered well. Being able to boost odds on each wager opens up greater value, and their customer service has been well-received by most punters. A great range of markets are available, especially for high profile events such as the Tour de France.
What Ladbrokes offers you
- Visa Direct Faster Funds: While only available with selected banks, you can use Visa Direct Faster Funds to receive your funds in under four hours.
- Range of betting markets and sports covered: Ladbrokes have a range of betting markets available for cycling, especially in the more high profile events.
- Odds Boost: Qualifying punters receive an odds-boost token each day to use on a wager of their choice.
- Cycling articles: Ladbrokes include articles on cycling in their sports news section.
An online-only bookmaker, Betway was founded as recently as 2006. They are among the best cycling betting sites in the UK.
- Coverage of cycling all over the world
- Odds released well in advance
- Quality website
New UK customers only. Min Deposit: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. First bet on a Football or Horse Racing multiple with 3+ selections. Overall odds: 3.00 (2/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. This is offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 50 Bonus Spins credited on placement of qualifying Acca bet.50x bonus wagering applies as do weighting requirements, bonus Spins only available on selected games and expires 7 days after being awarded. Debit card deposits only (exclusions apply). 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way. Full terms apply.
Betway combines good value odds and a good range of markets to give comprehensive coverage of cycling.
Why we like Betway
Betway cover cycling broadly, offering good quality odds for the big road races and track events in the velodrome. The website design is excellent, making Betway a great place to enjoy your cycling wagers.
What Betway offers you
- Worldwide coverage: Betway covers cycling all around the world.
- Early outright markets: Outright odds are released well before the start of a competition at Betway.
- Variety of markets: Betway offer a range of markets, such as stage winners and overall winners.
- High odds: Betway has a reputation for offering good odds on cycling
- Professional website: The Betway website and app are sophisticated, well-organised and intuitive.
A worldwide giant of sports betting, Bet365 is certainly in the mix as you contrast the best cycling betting sites in Britain.
- Outright odds boosted
- Live streaming
- Market-leading in-play console
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
Keep your eyes peeled for boosted outright odds on the Bet365 website and app.
Why we like Bet365
If outright betting is your sort of thing, Bet365 is a great option thanks to their boosted markets. The Potteries-based sportsbook also has a wide range of sports available via live streaming. Their in-play betting interface is slick, making it easy to place quick wagers while the action is unfolding.
What Bet365 offers you
- Boosted outright cycling odds: Outright betting is a popular way to gamble on cycling. Bet365 offer a wide selection of outright markets, plus there are invariably a few boosted wagers to consider.
- Extensive live streaming: Bet365 is one of the better betting sites for live streaming. Numerous sports are covered, and the quality of the video is generally decent.
- Reliable in-play betting platform: Perhaps the highlight of Bet365’s offering, their in-play betting updates quickly and features a tonne of markets.
- Plenty of sports-specific promos: At any time of the year, you will find a stack of sports-specific promos on the Bet365 promotions page.
Founded in the 1970s, Betfred retains a significant number of in-person betting shops around the country, but has become a major player among cycling online betting sites.
- Lots of promotions across sports
- Price boosts every day
- Can build your own wager through social media
New 18+ UK customers. Register with Welcome40. Deposit, using a Debit Card, and place first bet on sports within 7 days of registering. Bet must be £10+ at Evens (2.0)+ in one bet transaction. £40 in Free Bets credited within 10 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. First bet must be settled within 7 days of registration. Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs apply.
‘The Bonus King’ lives up to its branding with tonnes of promotions available for punters to try out.
Why we like Betfred
You will find more than enough promotions on the Betfred website and app. Price boosts are also available every day of the week, which can help you find value wagers. If their colossal selection of markets doesn’t contain what you’re after, get in touch on Twitter to put together your own bet.
What Betfred offers you
- Stacks of promos: You will never be short of promos at Betfred. They have fresh offers out on a regular basis, which you can find in a dedicated area of the website.
- Daily Price Boost: Betfred have Daily Price Boosts available throughout the year. A range of sports are covered in the price boosts.
- #PickYourPunt: Either select a wager from the #PickYourPunt tab or tweet Betfred with the hashtag to have your wager priced up.
- Well-received virtual sports: Virtual sports betting can be a bit hit and miss. Betfred has nailed it.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Cycling
Our experts have a lot to consider as they narrow down the shortlist of the best cycling betting sites in the UK. Priorities will vary from one bettor to another.
Sam Cox: In my opinion, the leading cycling bookies need to combine high odds with plentiful outright markets and applicable promotions. Live streaming is particularly useful for races which aren’t readily available on television.
Compare the best Cycling betting sites of 2023
Cycling odds are offered at the vast majority of reputable betting sites. It doesn’t have the audience of football, horse racing or basketball, though, so the amount of effort put into cycling can fluctuate considerably between bookies.
To aid your evaluation of the best cycling betting sites, here is a comparison table of the leading candidates:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|Ladbrokes||4.5/5||Range of markets||Review|
|Bet365||4.4/5||Outright cycling betting||Review|
|Betfred||4/5||Range of promos||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
Our betting experts have researched extensively to find the pros and cons of various cycling online betting sites. There is a lot of choice out there, and plenty for punters to weigh up.
Settling on a bookmaker is a personal decision, so it is worthwhile doing your own analysis. Here are some areas to focus on:
- Licences are crucial: Being safe when inputting your data and depositing cash is vital for punters. You don’t want to take any risks with your personal information or financial details.
- Dive deep into the welcome offers: Welcome offers are designed to attract new customers, and can be a great way to start out with a bookmaker if they are well-suited to your habits.
- Check the cycling odds: Whether mountain biking or the Grand Tours are your main interest, make sure your preferred bookmaker has a selection of odds available. The quantity of cycling markets varies considerably.
- Research payment options: More payment options is generally better with a bookmaker. Have a look at which methods are available, the speed deposits/withdrawals are processed and whether there are any hidden charges.
- Read some reviews: Reputations are earned in the sports betting industry. What others think can be very informative about the customer experience.
- Trial the app: Mobile betting is a considerable portion of a bookmaker’s offering in the 2020s. Download their app(s) on your preferred device and see what you think.
- Try signing up: Once you have found a bookmaker which checks all the boxes, it is time to try and sign up through their website or app.
Betting on Cycling explained
The first bicycle is thought to have been invented in 1817. Of course, cycling has changed massively since then, with new innovations constantly being released. It is a sport with immense variety.
Cycling odds are available at the best cycling betting sites in every month of the year.
Search around for statistics and race history when trying to make your cycling picks. Form should always be taken into account.
Types of Cycling bets
Naturally, there is some variety in the types of cycling bets available depending on the form of cycling you are wagering on. Some markets are common across events, however.
The race winner market is the most common when betting on cycling. You simply back the rider you fancy to win the race overall and your bet pays out if the finish first.
Each-way betting is a means of gaining some insurance compared to backing a rider to win the race. Betting each-way is effectively splitting the wager into separate bets. Cycling each-way punts often pay out for the top three spots.
Particularly common with the Grand Tours, the best cycling betting sites will allow you to bet on who will win a specific stage of the race.
Just like you might have seen in other sports, matchup betting is a choice between two riders. You simply choose which rider you fancy to finish higher in the stage or race.
Cycling betting strategies
It is worth committing time to building your cycling betting strategy. You need to be up to date with the latest news across the sport, have a good understanding of rider strengths and weaknesses, and understand the history of a stage/event.
Popular Cycling events to bet on
Cycling events span indoor sprint races to long-distance battles through the Pyrenees. Races are sprinkled throughout the sporting calendar, but here are the most popular cycling events to bet on.
- Tour de France: First raced in 1903, the Tour de France is cycling’s most prestigious event and one of the three ‘Grand Tours’. It takes place across 21 stages split over 23 days, with racing primarily in France. The majority of the race is traditionally held in July, and it has taken place every year since 1903 with the exception of the World Wars. Get ready for La Grande Boucle by reading up on the best Tour de France betting sites.
- Summer Olympics: Cycling has featured at the Olympics since 1896. Initially with just five events, far more have been added over the years. Road racing, track cycling, mountain biking and BMX all feature in the Summer Olympics. Great Britain are the most successful cycling nation at the Olympics overall with 100 total medals. Read up on the best Summer Olympics betting sites to prepare for the next Games.
- Giro d’Italia: The second-most significant of the ‘Grand Tours’, the Giro d’Italia is a 21-stage road race held mainly in Italy during May. The rider with the lowest aggregate time wears an iconic pink jersey. Alfredo Binda, Fausto Coppi and Eddy Merckx are tied for the record with five wins.
- Vuelta a España: The Vuelta a España followed in the footsteps of the Giro d’Italia and Tour de France. Mostly raced in Spain, the Vuelta was first organised in 1935, over 20 years after the other two ‘Grand Tours’. The race leader wears a red jersey. Spaniard Roberto Heras holds the record with four Vuelta wins.