The Best PayPal Betting Sites for the UK
There are various payment methods available on online betting sites in the UK, including popular e-wallet PayPal. I find it a highly efficient way of banking when using an online sportsbook, and after testing it out I have produced a list of the best PayPal betting sites in Britain.
|Rank||Betting Site Name||Deposit Processing Time||Withdrawal Processing Time|
|1||bet365||Instant||Up to 24 hours|
|2||Betway||Instant||2- 24 hours|
|4||Coral||Instant||Up to 24 hours|
|5||Ladbrokes||Instant||Up to 8 hours|
- Well established, trustworthy and well regulated. It makes responsible gambling a priority, with an in-depth responsible gambling section
- Huge amount of betting markets.
- Consistent and competitive odds.
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
A consistently high ranking sportsbook in many categories bet365 tops Betting.com’s list of the best PayPal betting sites in the UK. Deposits and withdrawals via this e-wallet are a straightforward and speedy process with no hidden fees. Unlike many British online bookmakers, new customers who deposit with PayPal at bet365 are eligible for the welcome offer. However, they must have completed a stringent verification process. The £10 minimum deposit and the £5500 maximum withdrawal limits with PayPal can, however, be bettered elsewhere, however, they are very much in line with most of their competitors and better than some. Other factors which see bet365 rated as number one include their range of features, markets and betting options, their competitive odds and their solid, trustworthy reputation. Like all of the sites Betting.com feature, they are licensed and well regulated.
- Easy to use and highly accessible for both new and returning customers.
- Wide variety of promotions that are updated regularly.
- Competitive odds on sporting events.
New UK customers only. Min Deposit: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. First bet on a Football or Horse Racing multiple with 3+ selections. Overall odds: 3.00 (2/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. This is offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 50 Bonus Spins credited on placement of qualifying Acca bet.50x bonus wagering applies as do weighting requirements, bonus Spins only available on selected games and expires 7 days after being awarded. Debit card deposits only (exclusions apply). 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way. Full terms apply.
Betway offer extremely fast processing times with PayPal as well as a £5 minimum deposit and no withdrawal limits. However, new customers depositing with PayPal are not eligible for the welcome bonus, which is the case with most UK online sportsbooks. Betway provide a great all round service, so for punters who prefer PayPal, they are among the best betting sites in the UK.
- Great website and app
- Competitive odds
- Great coverage of niche sports
18+. New bettors get 50% of deposit up to £50; Once per household; Min deposit £15 (no Skrill/Neteller); Wager a total of 8 times deposit + bonus, with max qualifying bet stake equal to your initial bonus amount; Bonus expires after 60 days; Min odds of 4/5 on singles, or 2/5 per leg for acca; Some bet types excluded; See full terms;
10bet are a very good all round sportsbook and they are especially attractive to customers wishing to use PayPal for their banking. Firstly new customers who deposit using PayPal are eligible for the welcome offer. Their £1 and £50000 minimum and maximum withdrawal limit is better than most, and their £10 minimum deposit is in line with many competitors. Their app is superb and their overall service very good meaning that they are among the best PayPal betting sites in the UK.
- Trustworthy, secure and reputable bookmaker
- Good range of sports and markets covered
- Consistent and competitive odds
18+ New UK+IRE Customers. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 1x £20 free bet. Free bet available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. for Horse Racing valid for 7 days. Restrictions + T&Cs apply
Coral offer a PayPal deposit limit of £10 and with no maximum withdrawal limits, a minimum withdrawal rate of £5 and quick processing times, up to eight hours, they are comfortably among the best PayPal betting sites in the UK. Their overall service and their solid, reliable reputation make them a good option for those who prefer to use PayPal to deposit and withdraw.
- Very well-known and reputable
- High limits
- Decent mobile client
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 4x £5 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions + T&Cs apply.
Ladbrokes speedy withdrawal times with PayPal, up to eight hours, make them stand out from the crowd. PayPal deposits are instant and there are no restrictions on withdrawals. Ladbrokes are solid and reliable, offering a good all round service. They can be considered as one of the best PayPal betting sites in the UK.
|The Best PayPal Betting Sites: Did you know?|
|While 10bet specify that customers using other e-wallets will not be eligible for the welcome bonus, punters using PayPal will be able to claim this.|
When withdrawing with PayPal at Betway you cash can be with you within a couple of hours.
What is the criteria we used to identify the best PayPal betting sites in the UK?
When identifying the best PayPal betting sites for the UK I firstly looked specifically at issues specific to banking with this e-wallet at each site that provided this payment method. Once I had selected those sites best suited to punters using PayPal I looked at the overall service each of these online sportsbooks offer. As ever, all of the sites covered on Betting.com are fully licensed and well regulated.
- Transaction Fees: The vast majority of betting sites do not charge for depositing and withdrawing with PayPal. There is usually, however, a small commission of 3.4% charged by PayPal.
- Withdrawal and Deposit times: Speed is of the essence when funding your account and withdrawing your winnings. This was an important consideration when selecting the best PayPal sites.
- Minimum and Maximum deposit and withdrawal limits: Flexibility is important so this was an important factor.
- Eligibility for welcome bonuses: The majority of UK sportsbooks do not allow those depositing with PayPal to claim the welcome offer, so bonus points were on offer for those betting sites who did.
- Licenses, security and trustworthiness: These issues are vital when assessing any aspect of an online bookmaker. This is especially important when dealing with payment methods. All of the sites listed performed very well in these aspects.
- Betting Market Coverage: All of the sites listed can boast a good quality sportsbook with breadth and depth, providing punters with plenty of options and a great betting experience.
- Bonus and Offers: The welcome offer and other promotions were looked at as part of the betting site’s all round service.
- Mobile experience: Betting on the go is more popular than ever so, naturally, this was something which was considered when selecting the best PayPal betting sites.
|What is the criteria we used to identify the best PayPal betting sites in the UK?: Did you know?|
|Ladbrokes state that PayPal withdrawals will be processed within eight hours.|
Betway both allows you to deposit as little as £5 with PayPal.
Pros and Cons of PayPal Betting Sites
Due to their security and their ability to streamline payments, e-wallets were always likely to increase in popularity in an increasingly digital, fast-paced world. However, this is especially true with online betting in the UK. With the UK Gambling Commission banning credit cards from being used for any sort of betting since April 2020, punters are looking for other methods to top up funds and withdraw cash from their online bookmaker. PayPal, as a leading e-wallet, is one of these methods and I have outlined the main pros and cons.
|PayPal is a reputable and trustworthy company||Not all UK sportsbooks offer PayPal|
|Free to Open a PayPal Account||PayPal can be ineligible to claim welcome bonuses|
|Excellent security||There will usually be a small commission of 3.4%|
|Instant deposits and speedy withdrawals|
|Multiple Bank Cards with one PayPal account|
|Convenience: PayPal streamlines the payment process.|
What is PayPal
PayPal are the most popular type of e-wallet in the world, and are one of the most commonly used alternative payment methods at UK betting sites. Like other e-wallets, PayPal works as an intermediary between you and a bank. A user adds a bank account or credit/debit card to the PayPal system, and whenever they’re making an online payment, they can select which account to debit. All transactions are processed through PayPal, instead of your bank.
Is it safe and legal to use PayPal?
PayPal is a legal method of payment for UK betting sites. The company only approve payments to fully licensed betting sites in countries and territories where they are a legal payment method. PayPal are currently a legal payment method for gambling sites in the UK. You can find more information on PayPal’s website and at the UK Gambling Commission website.
PayPal is extremely safe and secure. The company takes the customer’s security seriously for all transactions, including when using an online sportsbook. All security protocols are followed and PayPal is constantly monitoring accounts to guard against hackers and scammers.
|What is PayPal?: Did you know?|
|Over 300,000 people in the UK use PayPal every day.|
PayPal was founded in December 1998 as Confinity, a company that developed security software for hand-held devices. This business model was, however, unsuccessful and they became a digital wallet. The first version of the PayPal electronic payments system was launched in 1999.
How do I use PayPal on betting sites?
PayPal is a secure, safe and efficient payment method for betting sites in the UK. Betting.com have outlined the key steps to set up PayPal and to deposit and withdraw.
How do I set up a PayPal Account?
In order to set up an account with PayPal go to their website and follow these steps:
- Go to the PayPal website.
- Select your account type (there are options for individual/business accounts)
- Create your login details (name, email address, create password)
- Add your personal details (name, date of birth, address and contact details). Ensure the details are the same as those in your National ID or passport.
- Check the box to accept our Terms and Conditions.
- Link your credit or debit card
- Verify your email address
- Verify your mobile phone number (optional)
Once you get to your preferred betting site check that they accept PayPal as a payment method and follow these steps:
- Create an account with the PayPal betting site of your choice
- Open the ‘Deposit’ page/payment section.
- Fill in any necessary information required by the website and select PayPal as your preferred payment method.
- Choose the amount you would like to deposit (this will then take you to your PayPal account page).
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Approve the transaction
How do I deposit on betting sites using PayPal?
Once you have decided upon a betting site that has PayPal as a payment method you can then deposit some funds into your account. This is usually a straightforward process and the steps are outlined as follows:
- Go to the ‘Deposit’ page/payment section.
- Choose PayPal as your payment method
- Insert the amount you wish to deposit (this will then take you to your PayPal account page).
- Click the button to confirm
- You may have to verify the transaction on your PayPal account: login to PayPal and approve the transaction
How do I withdraw on betting sites using PayPal?
Speedy withdrawals are a major reason behind PayPal’s popularity among UK sports bettors. The process is usually straightforward and hassle free. Follow these steps:
- Go to the cashier page and check you have enough funds
- Select withdrawal and then PayPal
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw and confirm
- Check your PayPal account to ensure the transaction has been processed
|How do I use PayPal on betting sites?: Did you know?|
|You need to send documents such as Government issued ID and proof of address issued within the last 12 months to verify your account with PayPal. The company will review your documents and process this within two business days.|
Can I claim bonuses when using PayPal on betting sites?
Most online sportsbooks will exclude PayPal deposits from their welcome offers, while others, such as bet365, will insist on a thorough verification process being completed. The reason for this is that bookmakers are keen to avoid bonus fraud and transaction fees. This usually does not apply to all other ongoing promotions, where punters using PayPal should be eligible. As ever, you should read the terms and conditions thoroughly.
PayPal: Popular, Safe, Secure and Speedy
PayPal is a quick, efficient, safe and secure payment method for betting online. You can make fast, cashless payments to your favourite betting site from the comfort of your home or on the move via a mobile device. PayPal is also one of the most secure and trusted ways to send and receive money online, with 24/7 fraud detection monitoring.
PayPal is a fantastic way to make simple, safe and fast cashless payments and withdrawals. You can top up your PayPal account with one of your registered bank cards safe in the knowledge that your cash is secure and enjoy your sports betting.
The only drawbacks are the lack of eligibility for some welcome bonuses, the small commission usually imposed by PayPal and the fact that some of the best betting sites do not offer PayPal. However, I can recommend this method to online sports bettors.
For more on payments follow the link.