A veteran of sports betting in the UK, William Hill has been a trusted bookmaker for punters up and down the country for over three-quarters of a century. It has moved with the times and has developed into a superb online sportsbook.
- Enhanced Davis Cup odds
- #YourOdds wagers for Davis Cup
- Strong in-play section
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 18.10.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply.
Enhanced odds and the #YourOdds feature are two of the reasons that William Hill are among the best Davis Cup betting sites in the UK.
Why we like William Hill
William Hill’s enhanced markets are both easy to find and give bettors something extra to consider. Their #YoursOdds outright wagers are equally interesting, with some bets available that you might struggle to find elsewhere. Their in-play markets for the Davis Cup are strong too.
What William Hill offers you
- Boosted Davis Cup markets: William Hill goes all out with its enhanced odds. Prices are boosted everyday so check the website for Davis Cup price boosts.
- Different futures wagers: The #YourOdds section under the tennis outrights provides some different options for bettors to consider.
- Excellent reputation: William Hill have stood the test of time and have consistently attracted punters in person and online.
- In-play betting: William Hill has a strong in-play section so you can place your Davis Cup bets as the action unfolds
Bet365 is one of the biggest sports gambling brands in the world. Based in Stoke-on-Trent, they have long been regarded as one of the best Davis Cup betting sites in the UK.
- Competitive Odds for Davis Cup
- Lots of tennis specials
- Bet Builder
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
Bet365’s tennis bet builder allows you to construct your Davis Cup wagers. The bookie have plenty of Davis Cup betting markets to grab your interest.
Why we like Bet365
Bet365 have a constant supply of tennis specials. You can put together your own wager before the first game or in-play with their Bet Builder. The bookie offers a great range of markets on the Davis Cup, with outright, pre-match and in-play odds available.
What Bet365 offers you
- Tennis specials: There are match-centric specials available, as well as numerous outright markets for the Davis Cup.
- Excellent in-play betting with live streaming: bet365 offer plenty of in-play markets in tennis. This means as you watch the action and get a feel of how the match is going, you can act on your instincts and place a bet. This service is often complimented by live streaming. The cash out feature, in order to secure your winnings or cut your losses, is also available for tennis.
- Bet Builder: Bet365’s Bet Builder is arguably the best available in the UK. You can combine all sorts of markets for the Davis Cup. You can include up to 12 selections from one tennis match into your selection. Number of sets and/or games within a match, number of aces per player and number of service breaks are all factors you can include.
- Good reputation for customer service: Bet365 has one of the better customer service teams in the sports betting industry with different options when contacting them.
SpreadEx began as a spread betting platform just before the millennium. It has added a fixed-odds sportsbook, which sits alongside the best Davis Cup betting sites the UK.
- Outright odds available promptly
- Easy to switch between spread betting and fixed odds
- High odds on all tennis markets
Place a £25 fixed odds single bet at min. odds of 1/2 and get 5 x £5 free fixed odds single bets, as well as 2 x £5 free totals goals bets, 2 x £5 winning favourite bets, and 50 free spins on Starburst. Free bets applied to account on consecutive days. 18+ begambleaware.org T&Cs apply.
You can switch between spread betting and fixed odds betting at SpreadEx.
Why we like SpreadEx
SpreadEx provide flexibility, it is easy to move between spread betting and fixed odds wagers. There are plenty of stats to help you with your picks and the outright odds are available promptly for the Davis Cup.
What SpreadEx offers you
- Early outright odds: There’s no waiting around for odds at SpreadEx. Their outright markets are released promptly for the Davis Cup.
- Versatility: It is straightforward to switch between spread betting and fixed odds at SpreadEx. You can easily compare the odds and markets.
- High tennis odds: SpreadEx often comes out favourably when its odds are compared with other leading bookmakers.
- Bonus for referrals: Refer a friend to SpreadEx and you could receive a free bet of £100.
BetUK was founded in 2020 and are now very much a part of the UK gambling scene. They have quickly established themselves as one of the best Davis Cup betting sites in the UK.
- Best Odds for EPL
- Best Odds for UCL
- Quaiity in-play Davis Cup betting
- Good outright odds
- Acca Club
New customers, Deposit & Place a Bet within 7 days, and settle a £10 minimum bet at odds of 4/5 (1.8) or greater, to be credited with 3x £10 free bets: 1 x £10 Horse racing, 1 x £10 Free Bet Builder and 1 x £10 Football. Stake not returned. T&C’s Apply.
If you are looking to place some in-play wagers during the Davis Cup, BetUK’s live betting package makes them a good option.
Why we like BetUK
BetUK has statistics available before a match begins to help with your wager. Once the first game is underway, there are live stats updated and you can keep up to date with each point on their smooth in-play interface. Their outright odds on the Davis Cup are very strong, too.
What BetUK offers you
- Excellent in-play betting: It is hard to fault the in-play section for tennis at BetUK. Information is comprehensive without being overwhelming, and the pages load very quickly.
- Good outright odds: Outright odds on the Davis Cup are generally very good at BetUK. They are better than many of their competitors.
- Huge selection of tennis matches year-round: Outside of the Slams, BetUK still has stacks of tennis competitions for you to wager on, with the Davis Cup featuring highlly.
- Acca Club: If you like accumulator betting then BetUK’s Acca club gives you plenty of value.
- Virtual sports: If virtual sports are your thing, BetUK has a selection of virtual matches and events to bet on.
A major player in sports betting across Europe, Unibet was founded in 1997 and launched online in 1999. Unibet provide great features, markets and prices for tennis and, not surprisingly, their Davis Cup coverage is up there with the best.
- Loads of stats available on Davis Cup
- In depth coverage, many Davis Cup markets
- Competitive odds
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
If tennis is your main sport Unibet is a go-to bookmaker. They offer loads of info and stats along with a good range of markets and competitive odds on the Davis Cup.
Why we like Unibet
Unibet cover a large amount of tennis markets with impressive depth and the Davis Cup is no exception. Unibet offers fantastic live betting features with ball by ball action betting. Their odds are competitive, with handicaps being a particular strength and the bookie provides plenty of information and stats to help you make more informed decisions.
What Unibet offers you
- Brilliant tennis promotions: For the top tournaments you will find attractive tennis promotions and features on Unibet, including free bet clubs and enhanced winnings promotions. During the Davis Cup check out what they have to offer.
- Stats galore: Unibet provide bettors with loads of stats and information, enabling you to make informed picks.
- Competitive odds for the Davis Cup: You get good value odds for Davis Cup tennis at Unibet. Handicap bets are especially good value.
- Vast tennis markets: Unibet cover a great range of tennis markets, with many options available pre-match and live.
- In-play betting: Unibet has great in-play options for the Davis Cup, often complimented by live streaming.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on the Davis Cup
There can be a lot of information to digest when choosing a bookmaker. The best Davis Cup betting sites all excel in a number of areas.
Chris Sampson: I am looking for the top Davis Cup betting sites to have competitive odds and to offer other incentives such as odds boosts. In a competition like the Davis Cup it is helpful to have outright odds nice and early, along with plenty of stats, info and guides to current form to help make your picks.
Compare the best Davis Cup betting sites of 2023
The Davis Cup is a traditional tournament that has moved with the times to attract a new audience. It is an attractive proposition for sports bettors and leading betting sites will provide a lot of options and specials. Betting.com have produced a table comparing the best Davis Cup bookies.
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|William Hill||4.5/5||Enhanced odds||Review|
|Unibet||4.3/5||Stats and info||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
Betting.com have provided some information on some of the best sites for your Davis Cup wagers. However, choosing a bookmaker is a personal decision, so it is necessary to do your own research to decide on the best Davis Cup betting sites. To help with that process, here are seven points to keep in mind:
- Look for licences: Licensing is paramount for bettors. You should not risk your financial information or personal data. To be confident of your safety, look into the licences a bookmaker has.
- Research sign up offers: A good sign-up offer can be a great way to get started with a bookmaker. Read into the terms and conditions to be sure their welcome promotion fits with your habits.
- Scroll for Davis Cup odds: You want to be confident your chosen bookmaker will provide sufficient odds on the Davis Cup. Check how easy it is to find the markets you are keen on betting on.
- Read up on payment options: Have a search through the bookmaker’s website to see which payment methods are available. Do a Google search to see if there are any hidden fees.
- Reputation is vital: Reputations are a good indicator of how a bookie treats its punters. See what others have said about their experiences.
- Mobile experience: Mobile betting is a huge factor. Download the app on your favoured device and go on a trial run.
- Time to sign up: If you think you’ve reached a decision, it’s time to start the sign-up process. This is the best way to get a proper feeling for what it would be like to be a regular bettor at that bookie.
Betting on the Davis Cup explained
The Davis Cup tennis tournament is broken down into zones that are based on performance level and location. The top group is known as the Davis Cup Finals, which includes the top 16 teams in the world.
Match odds will be up at the best Davis Cup betting sites a few days before play begins. Outright markets should be available well ahead of the start date. In the Davis Cup you can bet on the outright winner/where each country will finish, along with the individual matches.
Generally, for match betting, if you add up the percentage probability of each of the two possible outcomes you can determine whether the odds are good value. Naturally the three percentages should make 100, however, that would leave the bookie without profit. What is a fair margin varies from sport to sport, however in tennis 110 and under is considered fair, while the bookies who offer the best tennis odds usually average around 105 (95% payout). Within each match you can find other markets to bet on such as games and sets.
Making Davis Cup picks follows a similar process to other tennis predictions, though you have the added option that a team competition brings.
Types of Davis Cup bets
Many Davis Cup bets will be recognisable to anyone who has checked out tennis betting markets in the past. However, outside the singles and doubles matches, you have the team competition to focus on.
This is a straightforward bet on the nation that you think will win the Davis Cup. All you need to do is pick a team to win, decide on a stake and submit your bet. You can also bet each way, meaning that if you team reaches the final and loses you will be rewarded, albeit with a smaller payout
Backing a player (or country) in this market will pay out if they win their match. This can be done in a tie between two nations or in a singles or doubles match within that.
Correct score betting is popular in tennis. This refers to the score in sets, and can carry some long odds. This could also be on a team basis where you can bet on the exact score between two nations.
The totals markets include total games played, total points, and other specific markets for sets, games or points won by a player. A line will be set by the bookie and you will wager on the ‘over’ or ‘under’.
When looking at the singles and doubles rubbers, remember that In the Davis Cup, the majority of the matches are played to the best of three sets. However, the qualifying matches are played to the best of five sets, making this an interesting market.
A popular live betting market that can be made after the event has started. When set betting, punters place live and in-play bets in real time on which player will win the next set. This is a good market to keep in mind if you can see one player dominating. On the other hand you might feel that the momentum is about to shift. This allows you to watch the action, look at the stats and then back your judgement.
Davis Cup betting strategies
It is important to take some time to work out your Davis Cup betting strategy. Look into the form of key players and familiarise yourself with betting trends.
Get to know more about the Davis Cup to bet smarter
The Davis Cup is the most prestigious international team event in men’s tennis. It is run by the International Tennis Federation (ITF) and is contested annually between teams from over 140 competing countries. It is described by the organisers as the “World Cup of Tennis”, and the winners are referred to as the World Champions. The competition started in 1900 as a challenge between Great Britain and the United States. By 2023, 155 nations entered teams into the competition.
The most successful countries over the history of the tournament are the United States (winning 32 titles and finishing as runners-up 29 times) and Australia (winning 28 titles, including six with New Zealand as Australasia, and finishing as runners-up 20 times). The current champions are Canada, who beat Australia to win their first title in 2022.
The trophy is named after the founder of the competition, American Dwight Davis.
Davis Cup Format
Davis Cup Qualifiers: The 12 winners from the qualifiers will advance to the 2023 Davis Cup Finals, where 16 teams will contest the Group Stage in September. The 12 losing teams from the Qualifiers will compete in the World Group I.
World Group I Play Offs: The 12 winning nations from the World Group I Play-offs will progress to 2023 World Group I. The 12 losing nations will contest a World Group II tie in 2023.
World Group II Play Offs: The 12 winning nations in World Group II will progress to 2023 World Group I. The 12 losing nations will compete in their respective Group III Regionals.
Who are the favourites to win the Davis Cup in 2023?
Defending champions Canada are ranked number one in the world and are favourites to retain their title. Spain are also strongly fancied with Great Britain, Croatia, Australia and Italy also in the mix.
Who is competing in the Davis Cup in 2023?
Teams anticipated to participate in the Davis Cup in 2023 include:
- Great Britain
- Czech Republic
- Republic of Korea
- Bosnia Herzegovina
The Finals will feature 16 teams.
- Australia (2022 runners-up)
- Canada (2022 champions)
- Italy (wild card)
- Spain (wild card)
- Czech Republic
- Great Britain
- Korea, Republic
The 16 teams will compete in four round-robin groups of four teams. The top two teams in each group will advance to the Final 8 in Malaga. The Davis Cup champions will be crowned after the completion of the knock-out stage.
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
3-5 January Davis Cup Qualifiers, World Group I Play-offs & World Group II Play-offs
12-17 September Davis Cup Finals Group Stage across four venues
16-18 September World Group I, World Group II
21-26 November Davis Cup Final
TBC III, Group IV and Group V regional events