Our Choice For The Best Baseball Betting Sites in 2023
- Bet365 – Extensive range of futures markets
- William Hill – Create your own wager
- Unibet – Preseason MLB specials
- Betfred – MLB live streaming
- Betfair – Sportsbook and exchange available
One of the largest bookmakers on the planet, Bet365 is a trusted name in the industry. The Potteries-based bookie has a well-rounded offering and does a good job of covering lower-profile sports.
Few sportsbooks can match Bet365’s range of baseball futures markets, providing you with a massive selection of markets to find value in.
Why we like Bet365:
Bet365 checks a lot of boxes, making it one of the best baseball betting sites in 2023. You have stacks of outright markets to choose from, and odds are available well in advance of first pitch during the MLB season. Their in-play betting is among the best around, and they provide odds on other leagues which are neglected by some of their competitors.
|Huge selection of outright betting markets|
Smooth in-play betting
Non-MLB leagues covered
|Some complaints of accounts being limited|
Existing customers could have more promos
What Bet365 offers you
- Range of markets: You are spoilt for choice with outright betting and game markets at Bet365. From player props to whether a team will make the playoffs or who will lead the league in home runs, you can find odds on pretty much anything.
- In-play betting: Regular bettors are very familiar with Bet365’s in-play betting, which is excellent in the odds available and functionality.
- Odds outside the Majors: Major League Baseball is probably your primary focus when betting on baseball, but it is nice to have the option to wager on college baseball, the NPB and KBO.
- Early payout offer: Just as Bet365 offer early payout on other sports, your bet will pay out if the team you have backed goes five runs ahead.
Founded in the 1930s and moving online in 1998, William Hill has translated its high street experience into a quality modern sportsbook.
William Hill’s mix of enhanced odds and excellent customer service makes it a place to consider when choosing where to bet on baseball.
Why we like William Hill:
You can use #YourOdds to put together a bet you like or you can browse through the daily enhanced odds to find some extra value. From sign-up to withdrawing your winnings, William Hill is a user-friendly betting platform with a strong reputation for fairness and customer service.
High customer service standards
|Could have more outright markets|
No live streaming via app
What William Hill offers you
- #YourOdds: If you can’t find a wager to your liking, you can use William Hill’s #YourOdds feature to craft your own bet.
- Enhanced baseball odds: Enhancing odds is a big part of the William Hill package. Punters can find odds enhanced throughout the MLB regular season and Playoffs (just look out for the odds highlighted in yellow).
- Excellent customer service: William Hill is known for providing excellent customer service. You will find several different methods of communications to fix whatever issue you have.
- Live betting: You can try in-play betting on a massive range of sports at William Hill, including baseball.
Read the full William Hill Review
Online since the turn of the century, Unibet’s green, white and black colour scheme contributes to a crisp interface on desktop and mobile.
Unibet sits at the top of the pile when it comes to baseball betting sites in the UK.
Why we like Unibet:
The website and app are very hard to fault in both their design and usability. Unibet also compares very well to its competitors in terms of the number of baseball markets and promotions, including pre-season MLB specials, that are available to new and existing customers.
|Lots of MLB specials|
Refer A Friend bonus
Stream of new promotions and offers
|Some aren’t happy with customer service|
Big winners occasionally get restricted
What Unibet offers you
- MLB preseason specials: Accompanying the standard division, league winner and World Series markets, Unibet provides a long list of preseason specials for teams and players, including leaders in statistical categories and over/under markets for the league’s stars.
- Refer A Friend bonus: You can receive a £150 bonus for referring a friend to Unibet if certain criteria are met.
- Up to date promotions: Unibet is frequently updating its sign-up offers and existing customer promotions to make sure they are near the top of the market.
- High odds: Unibet has high odds across all sports. Baseball is no exception.
First developing a reputation through their in-person bookies, Betfred has flourished with its online presence since the mid-noughties.
Led by their live streaming, Betfred is a well-regarded bookmaker across a number of major categories.
Why we like Betfred:
New customers don’t have to risk too much when they try out Betfred thanks to their £40 in bonuses available through the sign-up offer. You can watch live action on their website with improved streaming.
|Live streaming available|
Solid welcome offer
Competitive odds on all sports
|Website is a bit dated|
In-play betting is sluggish
What Betfred offers you
- Live streaming on website and app: You can follow games on the Betfred website and app thanks to their live streaming service.
- £40 in bonuses for new customers: Sign-up to Betfred and you can receive up to £40 in bonuses if you stake £10.
- Decent odds available across the board: You can be confident in Betfred’s odds being good value. Comparison sites often show Betfred to have higher odds than others on numerous sports.
- Daily price boosts: Betfred offers a daily price boosts section on its website and app. You can check out which bets have been boosted, which are organised into different categories to make it easier to navigate.
With an excellent reputation as a sportsbook and exchange, Betfair is well-known even to those with limited sports betting experience.
Betfair makes life straight-forward for bettors with its depth of betting markets and intuitive platform.
Why we like Betfair:
The versatility of offering a sportsbook and exchange is a big factor in Betfair being one of the best baseball betting sites. They provide punters with a collection of markets on each game, as well as a fair assortment of preseason outright options.
|Can seamlessly switch from sportsbook to exchange|
Stacks of markets for each game
Quick-loading in-play pages
|Slow response times on live chat|
Loyalty program only applicable for horse racing
What Betfair offers you
- Sportsbook and exchange: Betfair stands out from the crowd with its exchange platform, which is very popular with punters in the UK. You can jump from the sportsbook to the exchange in one click on the website.
- Diverse variety of markets: Betfair goes in-depth with its markets. You can evaluate a lot of odds on each baseball game at Betfair.
- Slick in-play service: You will notice odds are updated automatically every few seconds on the Betfair in-play pages. Punters can bet or trade on live sports, with a website which has been designed to make in-play wagering a smooth process.
- Well-reviewed mobile apps: Sports gamblers are generally very impressed with the Betfair mobile apps.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Baseball
There is a lot to weigh up when selecting the best baseball betting sites. You are looking for somewhere which has some standout features while ranking well for safety, user experience and odds value.
Sam Cox: I am searching for baseball betting sites which serve up an extensive catalogue of markets. I want to see bookies provide a raft of preseason outright betting options and each MLB regular season game should have odds available early on. Bonus points are awarded to bookies who provide NPB and KBO betting.
Compare the best Baseball betting sites of 2023
The vast majority of big-name bookies will provide baseball odds. Just offering odds is not enough, though, and there is a real gap between the best baseball betting sites in 2023 and the also-rans.
This table compares the top bookmakers to consider when placing a baseball wager in 2023:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Sign-up Bonus||Full Review|
|Bet365||4.6/5||Range of futures markets||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
|William Hill||4.2/5||Creating wagers||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
|Unibet||4.8/5||Preseason specials||Bet £10, Get £40||Review|
|Betfred||4/5||Streaming MLB games||Get £40 Bonuses With £10 Stake||Review|
|Betfair||4.3/5||Exchange betting||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
We have put the legwork in to identify the premier baseball online betting sites. It is a personal choice when landing on a bookmaker, however, so it is worth doing a bit of your own research to find the best place for you.
To get the ball rolling, here are some criteria to consider when learning about different bookmakers:
- Keep your eyes peeled for licences: Avoid any unwanted surprises by making sure you are wagering at a licensed bookmaker. Protect your data and bank details by betting on legal sites.
- Select the right Welcome Offer: Welcome offers are a good way to get started at a bookie. You want to go with a bookmaker which has a sign-up promotion that suits your betting habits.
- Check their baseball odds: Have a look through the website or app to see how easy it is to find their baseball odds. Make sure they provide the markets you are keen to bet on.
- Research different payment methods: Most bookies provide an array of payment methods. You want to guarantee they provide the method you want to use, and it is an added benefit if there are other payment methods available without any extra charges.
- Read up on what others think: Reputation matters in the sports betting industry. Finding out about a bookmaker’s reputation can inform you of what it is like to be a regular punter with a given site.
- Download the app: Mobile betting is a massive part of a bookie’s offering in the 2020s. Download their app and give it a trial run on your favoured device.
- See what the sign-up process is: If the bookmaker has passed with flying colours in the other criteria, trial their sign-up process to get a feel for the website or app and whether it is somewhere you could envisage yourself visiting frequently.
Betting on Baseball explained
The first game of baseball was played almost two centuries ago. Plenty of baseball bets have been placed since then, but the process of placing wagers has changed considerably over the last couple of decades.
With games played every day during the MLB regular season, baseball odds are released only hours before the first pitch is thrown.
A sport known for its use of data, bettors can find page after page of information to help inform their baseball picks.
Types of Baseball bets
The best baseball betting sites will allow you to place a lot of different types of baseball bets. Some are familiar for those who bet on other sports, while there are inevitably some baseball-specific markets, too.
The moneyline is simply a wager on which team will win the game. The team with shorter odds is the favourite according to the bookmakers.
Betting on the total in baseball is similar to wagering on the total number of goals in football or total points in basketball. Sportsbooks will set a line and bettors will then bet on there to be over or under that number of runs scored in the entire game.
Player props are available on some baseball games. These markets will include total bases, pitcher strikeouts, pitcher outs and whether a player hits a home run.
Score after five innings
Some bookies allow you to wager on which team will be winning after five innings. This is a popular bet if you are confident in one starting pitcher performing better than the other but don’t want to risk the bullpen blowing the game.
Baseball betting strategies
Crafting a baseball betting strategy takes time. You need to build experience as a punter to figure out what works and which factors are important when making your betting decision. A good baseball betting strategy involves comprehensive analysis and a deep dive into the statistics, as well as an understanding of the latest betting trends and general knowledge of the sport.
Popular Baseball events to bet on
There are more baseball events to bet on than you might expect. Here are three of the biggest competitions:
- Major League Baseball: Competed over an epic 162-game season, Major League Baseball is the highest standard of the sport in the world. The 30 teams are split up between the American League and National League, with the winners of each league meeting in the World Series each October. Prepare for the MLB season by checking out our list of the best MLB betting sites.
- World Baseball Classic: First played in 2006, the World Baseball Classic is baseball’s World Cup. The 2023 edition involved 20 teams, from powerhouses like Puerto Rico, the USA and Japan to newbies Great Britain and the Czech Republic. The competition starts with a group stage before becoming a single-game knockout.
- Nippon Professional Baseball: Founded as the Japanese Baseball League in 1936, Nippon Professional Baseball is home to 12 teams. NPB is regarded as the second-highest standard of baseball in the world. The Yomiuri Giants are the most successful team in NPB history with 22 titles. Many players who have become MLB stars started out in NPB, including Ichiro Suzuki and Shohei Ohtani.