Our Choice For The Best Badminton Betting Sites in 2023
- Bet365 – Website and in-app streaming
- BetUK – Accumulator boosts every week
- Unibet – Excellent welcome bonus
- LeoVegas – Several payment options for deposits and withdrawals
- William Hill – High-level security on website and app
A giant of the industry, Bet365 is one of the largest bookmakers in the world and has very few flaws in its offering. It is unquestionably one of the best badminton betting sites in the UK.
Badminton isn’t as widely televised as many other sports, so Bet365’s reliable and frequent streams both on their website and in their app are vital for anyone looking to wager on the sport.
Why we like Bet365:
As badminton online betting sites go, Bet365’s biggest strength is its streaming service. Badminton punters can follow action wherever it is taking place through Bet365’s website and app, while placing their wagers with a trustworthy bookie that boasts excellent customer service.
|High-standard streaming through website and app|
Top-tier reputation across numerous sports
Generally well-regarded customer service
|Website isn’t the most eye catching|
Rewards for loyalty aren’t as exciting as competitors
What Bet365 offers you
- Open account offer: Bet £10 and you will receive £50 in free bets with Bet365 to try out their services on sports from badminton to water polo.
- Bet Boost: Bigger prices are available through Bet365’s Bet Boost feature at major events. This could well apply to badminton at events like the Olympics and the Commonwealth Games.
- Stellar customer service: You will find it easy to contact Bet365’s customer service, and their team is helpful to address issues and answer queries through whichever contact method you prefer.
- New promotions: Badminton won’t be at the forefront of Bet365’s promos, but many of their offers will still be applicable.
Read the full Bet365 Review
A new face on the scene, BetUK has quickly made a name for itself as one of the better bookmakers in the UK since being founded in 2020.
It hasn’t taken long for BetUK to be in the running for the best badminton betting site. The Acca Club headlines its product.
Why we like BetUK:
BetUK provides an easy-to-navigate and clean website which offers enough information without being too garish. The odds are always competitive, and the weekly Acca Club is particularly appealing for badminton fans who like backing multiple selections in one go.
|24-hour live chat service|
Acca Club to boost profits on a weekly basis
£30 in free bets available in welcome offer
A number of important badminton tournaments covered
|Comparatively slow website loading times|
No live streaming for badminton
What BetUK offers you
- Profit Boosts through Acca Club: Regularly back accumulators and you can receive £5 in free bets each week, along with profit boosts for qualifying wagers.
- Commitment to safer gambling: BetUK has made a significant effort to make gambling safer, and ranks well for bettor safety.
- Always available customer service: A 24-hour live chat option isn’t offered by every bookmaker. You will find BetUK are very helpful whenever you make contact.
- Functional, user-friendly website: BetUK have struck the balance between appealing and functional with their website.
Read the full BetUK Review
Unibet has become a popular betting platform thanks to its well-received website and always competitive odds. It pays sufficient attention to lower-profile sports like badminton.
Refreshed promotions keep Unibet at the forefront for sports bettors in the UK.
Why we like Unibet:
Built around a clean green, black and white colour scheme, the Unibet website is simple without being dull. They are always near the front of the pack when it comes to welcome offers, and the security of the site is second-to-none. Unibet cover badminton very well, as their focus is not simply on the mainstream sports.
|£40 available through the welcome offer|
Diverse selections of in-play options across different sports, including badminton
Niche sports covered which ensures availability of badminton
|Prone to limiting big winners|
Some have complained of slow load times on desktop
What Unibet offers you
- Bet £10, Get £40 Welcome Offer: Some bookmakers put more emphasis on welcome offers than others, and Unibet firmly falls into that category with this promotion.
- Refer A Friend Bonus: Refer up to three friends and you can receive £150 if certain qualifications are met.
- Superb live streaming service: Unibet’s live streaming service is smooth-running on both the app and website. You should be able to keep up with all the action.
- 24/7 phone and chat service: Whether you prefer a call or to fire away messages in a live chat, Unibet is available to be contacted 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Read the full Unibet Review
Swedish company LeoVegas only opened its sportsbook in 2016 after five years as a casino, but it has gone from strength to strength since then.
In a short time in the sports betting arena, LeoVegas has made a strong impression on punters with its high standards across the board.
Why we like LeoVegas:
LeoVegas’ mobile app stands out in a crowded marketplace. It is a bookmaker for those who prioritise flexibility with a range of payment options, a plentiful selection of sports and a welcome bonus which can be used when it suits you.
|Several payment options for deposits and withdrawals|
Dependably high odds in numerous sports
Exceptional mobile app
|Qualifiers for welcome bonus|
No live streaming other than greyhounds
What LeoVegas offers you
- Profit Boost Welcome Bonus: Instead of free bets, LeoVegas offers a profit boost as a welcome boost. You can use this on any qualifying bet within 30 days of creating your account.
- VIP Programme Experience: You are part of the VIP Programme Experience the moment you sign-up, which can lead to prizes including the latest Apple products and event experiences.
- In-play betting galore: If there is an area of specialism for LeoVegas, it is its in-play betting. On desktop or mobile, you will have no issues placing in-play bets with odds always quick to update. Badminton is a fast paced sport where live betting is exciting. So those wanting a live punt on badminton at LeoVegas will not be disappointed.
- Rapid deposits and withdrawals: Whether using a debit card, Apple Pay or PayPal, LeoVegas is rapid in its deposits and withdrawals. You won’t be left waiting for your winnings.
Read the full LeoVegas Review
William Hill is a colossus of sports betting. Founded before the Second World War, William Hill has evolved with the times to become a go-to badminton online betting site.
There are very few faults in William Hill’s offering thanks to a solid website, comprehensive range of sports and ever-changing promotions.
Why we like William Hill:
You will never be short of betting markets at William Hill, and their promotions always keep pace with the latest events around the world. William Hill’s security is maintained to a very high standard, while the website and app are among the most reliable on the market.
Lots of sports-specific promotions
Security is a priority for the website and app
Plenty of badminton markets
|Odds aren’t always the best|
No live streaming on mobile app
What William Hill offers you
- In-play Insurance: If you’re betting on badminton, the in-play markets are likely to be appealing. You can return some of your stake in free bets using William Hill’s in-play insurance.
- Enhanced Odds: Look out for the yellow logo to locate William Hill’s enhanced odds. Their website and app are stacked with enhanced odds across various sports and markets.
- Decades of experience in sports betting: You are in safe hands with one of the stalwarts of British sports betting.
- Bet £10, Receive £30 Welcome Bonus: William Hill’s welcome bonus is a good way to get started with the website and figure out if this bookie is right for you.
Read the full William Hill Review
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Badminton
To be at the top of the best badminton betting sites, bookies must have a mix of enticing promotions, excellent customer service and a trustworthy reputation. Being a worthwhile badminton online betting site is about far more than high odds or live streaming.
Sam Cox: I value ease-of-use when selecting the best badminton betting sites in the UK. Websites should be straight-forward and quick to load, while mobile apps must be regularly updated and reliable whenever you pick up your phone to browse the latest odds.
Compare the best Badminton betting sites of 2023
Badminton is not a priority for bookmakers, which means comparing the best badminton betting sites in 2023 is a more general look at the package provided from sign-up through to withdrawing your winnings.
Certain elements like safety and customer service are universally important. The significance of other factors will vary for each punter, which is why it is useful to compare bookmakers through your own experimentation.
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Sign-up Bonus||Full Review|
|Bet365||4.4/5||Live streaming||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
|BetUK||4.2/5||Accumulator bonuses||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
|Unibet||4.6/5||Hefty welcome offer||Bet £10, Get £40||Review|
|LeoVegas||4/5||User-friendly mobile app||100% Profit Boost Up To £100||Review|
|William Hill||4.7/5||In-play promotions||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
We have tried out a large range of bookies at Betting.com to compile an up-to-date opinion on the best options to bet on badminton. All bettors should do some of their own research too, however, to ensure they are landing on a betting site which fits their habits.
Here are several key factors to keep at the front of your mind when browsing bookmakers:
- Stick to licensed sites: Safety is paramount when placing bets. Guarantee the safety of your finances and banking information by playing on licensed, trustworthy websites to avoid any unwanted surprises.
- Choose a favourable welcome offer: There are a variety of welcome offers available from free bets to profit boosts. Welcome offers aren’t the be-all end-all when choosing a bookie, but it can be a good tiebreaker if they rank similarly in other categories.
- Search for badminton odds: If betting on badminton is a priority, it is worth checking which badminton markets are on offer at each bookmaker. As a niche sport, not every bookie will extensively cover badminton outside of the major events.
- Pick your preferred payment options: Some betting sites provide more payment options than others. Some will payout quicker than their competitors. Make sure a bookmaker offers your favoured payment options, and check how fellow punters rated their payment speeds.
- Rely on reputation: Like a lot of businesses, bookies need a good reputation to succeed. Happy bettors are usually a good sign that a bookmaker is reliable and fair.
- Have a look at the app: Mobile betting is a massive part of sports gambling. It is worth seeing if the app matches up to the website’s standards before committing to a new bookie.
- Give it a go: If a betting site has checked all the boxes, try out their sign-up process to get a feel for the platform. Ultimately, you need to experiment with new bookies to get an idea if they are right for you.
Betting on Badminton explained
Badminton has vast participation all over the world and has been a feature at the Olympics since 1992. Each match is a best-of-three games, with 21 points needed to win a game.
Rarely in the spotlight outside of the Olympics, it is easy to overlook how much elite badminton is played throughout the year.
Unlike other sports, the availability of odds can vary considerably. The top badminton online betting sites will have markets on their sites frequently.
Making badminton picks requires research into form, event history and betting trends. Online badminton predictions are hard to come by, so it is crucial to delve into the statistics yourself when weighing up a wager.
Types of Badminton bets
The type of badminton bets available to punters are similar to other racquet sports. You will be familiar with many of these markets, though it is important to familiarise yourself with badminton scoring and strategy before making your bets.
The staple of badminton betting, bookies offer winner markets on any match they carry odds for. This will sometimes be referred to as the ‘moneyline’.
Match handicap betting is common in badminton. A favourite will often be priced at -1.5 ahead of the match, meaning they need to win 2-0 for the wager to payout. This is a way to receive longer odds when backing a player who is expected to win.
A total points wager is based on a line set by the bookie. For instance, if you wager on over 65.5 points, you will win the bet if both players combine for 66 or more points throughout the match.
Badminton outright betting is usually focused on backing a player or pairing to win a tournament. Odds can be available months in advance.
Badminton betting strategies
You will need to put in the hours to discover your favoured badminton betting strategy. Investigate different bet types and trends, while making sure to keep on top of the latest statistics. Take your time devising your strategy and evaluate all options before committing to a wager.
Popular Badminton events to bet on
There are badminton events taking place throughout the year, but these are the competitions which attract the most interest from fans and bettors alike.
- Olympics: First introduced for the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, badminton is a feature of the Games. Five disciplines have been competed since mixed doubles was added in 1996. China are the most successful nation at the Olympics with 47 medals ahead of Indonesia’s 21 and South Korea’s 20.
- Commonwealth Games: Badminton was introduced to the Commonwealth Games in 1966. Since then the Games have been an important tournament for top badminton players in the Commonwealth nations.
- World Championships: The Badminton World Championships were founded in 1977, and has been an annual event since 2006. Hosted all over the world, this is the most prestigious badminton tournament outside of the Olympics. China leads the way with 196 medals over the competition’s history.
- Thomas Cup & Uber Cup: The Thomas Cup and Uber Cup are Team Championships for men and women respectively. Since the early 1980s, the events have been held every two years. These closing stages of these competitions are played side-by-side in the host nation, and attract the interest of fans from all over the world. India became the sixth nation to the win the Thomas Cup in 2022. Just five different nations have won the Uber Cup.