Established online in 2000, bet365 are one of the best bookmakers in the world. Their volleyball coverage is right up there with the best in the business.
- Excellent in-play betting and live streaming for volleyball
- Great odds for volleyball
- Abundance of markets and props for volleyball punters
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
Competitive odds, a large range of markets and props, and great in-play betting with fantastic live streaming, bet365 are one of the UK’s best volleyball betting websites.
Why we like bet365
Volleyball fans can enjoy great in-play betting with live streaming and fantastic odds at bet365. They offer a wide range of markets, both in-play and pre-match. They offer a range of markets and props for individual matches which exceeds many of its rivals.
What bet365 offers you
- Great in-play betting with excellent live streaming: You can take advantage of a range of in-play betting markets and keep pace with the action through the bookie’s superb live streaming.
- Competitive volleyball odds: bet365 offer attractive odds for volleyball. We looked at four matches from the Italian Super Lega in March 2023. The average payout for bet365 was 92.8%, which compared well to other leading bookmakers.
- Fantastic range of markets and props: bet365 offer punters a huge range of coverage in volleyball. There are a huge amount of leagues to bet on and the individual matches offer a large amount of betting options and props, both pre-match and in-play. Futures bets and betting on outright winners of competitions also feature.
- Great promos for new customers: bet365 consistently provide several promotions targeted at new customers.
One of the best betting sites around, Unibet continue to develop, and their coverage of volleyball is very impressive.
- Great range of volleyball betting options, pre-match, in-play, and on outrights
- Good volleyball odds
- Live streaming
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
Unibet offer great betting options, live streaming and competitive odds, making them a popular choice for UK volleyball bettors.
Why we like Unibet
Punters are greeted with a smart interface on both the Unibet website or app. Menus are straightforward, making navigation easy. Volleyball punters have a great range of markets on individual matches, both pre match and live, with good odds to back this up. They offer a great selection of outright and future bets. Their streaming of matches helps you stay in touch with the action.
What Unibet offers you
- Many betting options on individual matches and outrights: Unibet provides you with a great variety of markets for individual games, pre-match and in-play. They offer a great range of outright bets and future bets for many different leagues and competitions.
- Live streaming for volleyball: Unibet customers with a funded account can enjoy volleyball matches on a live stream.
- Good odds for volleyball: Unibet offer competitive odds for volleyball. We looked at four matches from the Italian Super Lega in March 2023. The average payout for Unibet was 91.7%, which is comparable with many of its rivals.
- User-friendly interface: Unibet’s website and app well-designed and pleasing to the eye, making it a straight-forward experience for bettors.
Betway is exclusively an online sports gambling platform which was founded in 2006. It provides excellent service for volleyball bettors.
- Statistics available on betting page for each game
- User-friendly website and app
- Great odds for volleyball
New UK customers only. Min Deposit: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. First bet on a Football or Horse Racing multiple with 3+ selections. Overall odds: 3.00 (2/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. This is offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 50 Bonus Spins credited on placement of qualifying Acca bet.50x bonus wagering applies as do weighting requirements, bonus Spins only available on selected games and expires 7 days after being awarded. Debit card deposits only (exclusions apply). 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way. Full terms apply.
Betway’s website is slick and pleasing on the eye, making it a great place to browse and make bets. For volleyball, punters are provided with an abundance of stats and info and there are a wide range of betting options.
Why we like Betway
Punters have lots of information and stats at their fingertips through the Betway website and app, allowing them to make more informed choices. There is a great range of volleyball betting options.
What Betway offers you
- Platform to do research: Bettors can make more informed choices thanks to the stats and info provided in the build up to matches.
- Excellent app and website: Betway’s website and app are straight-forward to navigate and fast to load. Their design is attractive and effective.
- Great volleyball odds: Betway offer competitive odds on volleyball. We looked at four matches from the Italian Super Lega in March 2023. The average payout for Betway was 92.5%, which compared well to other leading bookies.
- Great range of betting options: Betway to be offering Betway cover many different leagues and competitions and give punters many betting options.
Nearing its centenary, Coral excelled as an in-person bookmaker before expanding its operations online in 1997.
- Range of in-play markets available
- Many leagues covered
- Odds Booster
18+ New UK+IRE Customers. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 1x £20 free bet. Free bet available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. for Horse Racing valid for 7 days. Restrictions + T&Cs apply
In-play is a real strength of Coral’s sports betting package, and makes it one of the top volleyball online bookmakers.
Why we like Coral
Being able to bet in-play gives punters a lot more flexibility when wagering on volleyball. Coral translates its above-average pre-match markets into an equally impressive collection of in-play markets. They also offer a great range of leagues and competitions for men’s and women’s volleyball. If you fancy mixing it up, their virtual sports have proven to be very popular over the years.
What Coral offers you
- Options for live betting: If you fancy placing a wager once a match is in progress, Coral is a good place to look. They have a huge variety of markets on their in-play pages.
- Competitive odds for volleyball: For four matches from the Italian Super Lega in March 2023 Coral’s average payout for bet365 was 92.1%, which compared well to other leading bookmakers.
- Improved prices with Odds Booster: The Odds Booster icon means some odds have been increased. If you are a regular punter at Coral, you will be used to looking out for those markets.
- Virtual sports: Virtual sports betting isn’t for everyone, but if you’d like to give it a go, Coral is one of the top bookmakers to try it out.
- Impressive range of leagues covered: Coral cover volleyball at a variety of levels all over the world.
- Rock-solid reputation: Bookmakers don’t survive as long as Coral without a good reputation.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Volleyball
Bettors have many factors to evaluate when looking for a Volleyball betting site. The bookie must be well regulated and trustworthy. The quality of odds offered are vital along with the design and feel of the website, promotions, in-play betting, live streaming and the quality and accessibility of customer service. To be considered one of the best Volleyball betting sites, bookmakers must rate highly in all of these areas.
Chris Sampson: Firstly, the company must be secure and reputable. The Volleyball odds must be competitive, and the bookie must provide a range of betting options. Websites should be responsive and easy to use on both the desktop and the app.
Compare the best Volleyball betting sites of 2023
Volleyball is a more niche betting market, however, it is a popular sport in Europe and America and there a plenty of markets to interest punters. Individual bettors will have different priorities, so it is up to you to decide what you want regarding volleyball wagers. We’ve compared the top sites to be on Volleyball:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|bet365||4.8/5||Range of markets and props for volleyball||Full review|
|Unibet||4.7/5||Selection of future/outright bets||Full review|
|Betway||4.6/5||Comprehensive stats and info||Full review|
|Coral||4.6/5||Range of in-play options and range of volleyball leagues and competitions covered||Full review|
|Marathonbet||4.6/5||Superb value odds.|
How to choose the best site for you
Identifying the best Volleyball betting sites isn’t an easy task with so many options out there. You can only get a real idea of what works for you by trying sites out and extensively researching their promotions. With volleyball being a fairly niche sport there will not be many specific volleyball promos so you need to look at whether generic offers can be applied to your wagers and evaluate what else you can get from the site.
When looking at volleyball online betting sites, these seven points are important to keep in mind:
- Safety is key: To keep your cash and data safe, you should always play on licensed and secure betting sites.
- Weigh up welcome offers: Not all welcome offers are the same. Each punter has different betting habits and will value different things when signing up to a new bookie, so make sure you find a site with a welcome offer which suits you.
- Analyse their Volleyball prices: Before leaping in, have a look through the Volleyball markets to get a feel for the value on offer. All punters want the best odds. It is worth comparing between sportsbooks to see which have the most competitive prices. Check out who offers the best value on specific tournaments and compare bookmaker’s odds over three individual matches to test their consistency.
- Consider payment and banking options: Making sure you can deposit and withdraw money safely and quickly is very important. It is worth seeing which bookies offer certain payment methods and comparing the fees involved and timescale for receiving your winnings.
- Tried and trusted bookies are worth it: Some bookmakers have a better reputation than others. The best volleyball betting sites will retain customers through the quality of their service, customer support and integrity.
- Bet on the move: Mobile apps are a large part of the bookmakers’ offering. Being able to scroll through odds, live stream and contact customer service through your phone or tablet is useful, especially if you like to bet when out and about.
- Try signing up: Registration with a new bookmaker should be a quick, smooth and straightforward process. The only way to get a feel of a betting site is to sign up yourself and look at what they can offer. Most trusted bookies require you to provide documentation to verify your account as part of their Know Your Customer (KYC) scheme.
Betting on Volleyball explained
Volleyball is a popular sport which is attracting an increasing amount of punters. Bookies are responding by adding more leagues and markets to their repertoire.
How Are Volleyball Betting Odds Calculated?
Volleyball betting odds are calculated on the probability of something happening.
In terms of betting on the outcome of a match by adding up the percentage probability of each of the two possible outcomes you can determine whether the odds are good value. Naturally the two percentages should make 100, however, that would leave the bookie without profit. What is a fair margin varies from sport to sport, however in Volleyball 110 and under is considered fair, while the bookies who offer the best Volleyball odds usually average around 108 (92% payout).
Just like selecting your preferred bookmaker, there is a lot to consider when making Volleyball picks. Recent form and style of play/characteristics of the players are all important factors.
Types of Volleyball bets
Volleyball bettors have never had more options available. Punters can, for example, bet on outright winners and match results. Accas and multiples are also becoming popular. Bettors pick a number of games to predict the result from, with, for example, odds given for selecting four out of four correct results.
This is a bet on an event which is often some way down the line. Punters often bet on outright winners (the winner of a tournament, for example the Champions League or for a country to win Gold at the next Olympics).
For an individual match, punters bet on which team will win. An extension of this is betting on a specific result.
Over/Under (Total) bets
Betting the over/under in a match simply means you are wagering on how many sets there will be in a match or how many points will be scored in a set.
The minimum points a match can have are 75 points, though this highly unlikely as it would mean the losing team did not win a single point. Usually, indoor volleyball matches tend to have about 136 points, so markets like over/under 140 points are commonly offered by bookies.
Parlay: A parlay involves more than one wager combined together for greater odds. You can place a same game Volleyball parlay — multiple events from one matchup — or alternatively, events across multiple games. Comprising three doubles and a treble, a Trixie is three selections and four bets. At least two of the selections must land to guarantee a payout.
As stated earlier, accumulators, where punters try to match a number of results, are becoming more popular in Volleyball betting.
The obvious risk is that all the bets have to win for the bettor to receive a payout. However, some bookmakers, offer accumulator insurance so if one of your selections (minimum five selections) lets you down you will receive your stake back as a free bet.
Handicap betting helps punters get better odds if a game appears to be one-sided. This is a popular option in volleyball and all of the top bookies have this on offer. With the handicap, for example, a -1.5 set handicap can be applied, meaning the favourites would have to win by at least by 2 clear sets for your bet to be successful. Or, you could give a +1.5 set handicap to the underdogs. So long as they don’t lose by 2 clear sets, you will win your wager.
Prop markets are becoming more common, and they allow customers to bet on anything that may unfold during a game.
Lots of Volleyball bettors enjoy the excitement of live betting as the match flows. Bettors can follow the action then use their judgement to place bets as the game unfolds. Live streaming has made this more popular.
Volleyball betting strategies
It is important to do some background research before making your wager. Look into form and styles of play. Try to apply your knowledge and understanding of the game to your selections. Look at the types of bets you prefer and develop your own strategy. Above all, gamble responsibly and make it fun.
Popular Volleyball events to bet on
The biggest competitions and leagues for volleyball bets are as follows:
- The Olympic Games: considered to be the pinnacle of volleyball events, the Olympics take place every four years. Since 1964, both men’s and female’s volleyball teams have taken part in the competition. The United States, Brazil and the former Soviet Union have been the most successful in the men’s category, while Cuba, China and the former Soviet Union have had the most success in the women’s.
- FIVB World Championship: Again held every four years, the FIVB World Championshipis an international volleyball competition that has been taking place since 1949 (men’s) and 1952 (women’s). In both the men’s and women’s competitions, the most successful country has been Russia/Soviet Union, having won it 6 and 7 times respectively. This is second only in importance to the Olympics.
- FIVB World Cup: Not as important as the World Championships, the FIVB World Cupis still a prestigious competition. Brazil have been the most successful men’s team while China have been the top women’s team.
- Champions League: In Europe the top club sides for both men and women contest the Champions League. It has a similar format to the UEFA Champions League in football.
- Domestic leagues: Arguably the Russian Volleyball Super League is the strongest in Europe. The German Bundesliga also attract a lot of punters. In the women’s game the Turkish league is at a high standard. Further afield the Brazilian Superliga produces plenty of good standard teams and exciting games.