Best Bank Transfer Betting Sites for 2023
Sports bettors in the UK are spoilt for choice in both the range of bookmakers available and the number of payment methods which are widely accepted. Here are the top online sportsbooks that accept bank transfer.
|Rank||Betting Site Name||Deposit Processing Time||Withdrawal Processing Time|
|1||Unibet||2-3 days||1-3 days|
|2||William Hill||3-5 days||3-5 days|
|3||Bet365||2-10 days||Up to 24 hours|
|4||Ladbrokes||2-3 days||2-4 days|
- Live streaming
- Competitive odds
- Wide range of sports
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
Unibet’s withdrawal processing time for bank transfers is slightly better than average. Their deposits are generally handled in under three days, too, which means you don’t have to wait around too long before you can begin wagering.
Led by excellent sports coverage, Unibet also has a comprehensive live streaming package, enabling punters to follow action all over the world. They are often updating their sign-up offer and features to keep ahead of their competitors.
2. William Hill
- Offers a wide range of sports
- Competitive odds
- Well-rounded mobile apps
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 18.10.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply.
William Hill’s processing times are pretty standard among betting sites that use bank transfer. You can deposit and withdraw a minimum of £25 by this method, however, which is a bit higher than some of their peers. This could prove to be inconvenient for some low stakes bettors.
Prices at William Hill are generally around average for the big-name British bookies. Their enhanced odds and various specials are always worth checking out, though, and they have plenty of promotions for bettors to benefit from.
- Well established, trustworthy and well regulated. It makes responsible gambling a priority, with an in-depth responsible gambling section
- Huge amount of betting markets.
- Consistent and competitive odds.
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
Boasting very quick withdrawals, Bet365 also allows punters to shift smaller quantities through bank transfer, with a £5 limit on deposits and withdrawals. It is a slick system to deposit or withdraw cash once you have set up the bank transfer, too.
Bet365 is arguably the best all-round bookmaker in the country, pairing a catalogue of promos with an enormous number of markets across a huge variety of sports. Live streaming and in-play are two of their standout strengths.
- Very well-known and reputable
- High limits
- Decent mobile client
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 4x £5 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions + T&Cs apply.
Like Bet365, you can deposit or withdraw as little as £5 via bank transfer at Ladbrokes. Founded in 1886, Ladbrokes has transformed from being a high-street stalwart to becoming a solid online betting platform.
Best known for their special markets, punters also have the flexibility to choose which odds to boost. It is a well-regarded and widely trusted betting site, which has long been a good option for those using bank transfer.
- Great range and depth of markets
- High level of security
- Household name trusted by many
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 2x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. Please gamble responsibly
BetVictor does not have bank transfer listed as a deposit option on its website, but they offer instant deposits using Trustly as a middleman, plus they have low minimum limits for deposits and withdrawals, which earns a place among the best bank transfer betting sites in the UK.
The wait for withdrawals to be processed is around the average.
Once you have deposited funds, you are met with a well-designed website/app and the potential to earn free bets through the BetVictor Loyalty Club. Their margins are generally quite low, resulting in some extremely competitive odds.
|The Best Bank Transfer Betting Sites: Did you know?|
|Bet365, BetVictor and Ladbrokes all allow deposits and withdrawals as low as £5 when using bank transfer.|
No fees are charged if you use bank transfer to deposit or withdraw funds at British bookmakers.
What is the criteria we used to identify the best Bank Transfer betting sites?
There is a great deal to weigh up when trying to decide on the best bank transfer betting sites in the UK. Safety levels are the main priority, and it is important to be able to deposit and withdraw funds with minimal hassle. Fees are not something we need to worry about with bank transfers, so the processing times are a key factor. Then, it’s worth looking at the overall package from the bookmaker, including the welcome offer, promotions and features on their website and app.
- Waiting time for transactions: Using a bank transfer when betting online means you will have to wait longer than other payment methods. Punters are still keen for deposits and withdrawals to go through quickly, and there can be a meaningful difference in processing times for betting sites that accept bank transfer.
- Additional costs: Potential fees are always a concern when processing any transaction online. Anywhere that charged extra fees for a bank transfer was ruled out of our list of the best bank transfer betting sites.
- Licences: Safety is paramount when gambling online. Betting sites that use bank transfer are handling a huge amount of personal information and data. You need this to be protected, and want to be confident in their security. Licences are the only way to be sure you are betting on a secure platform.
- Coverage of sports and leagues: More betting options can only be a positive when it comes to betting online. Bookmakers that cover more sports, leagues and events were at an advantage when choosing the best bank transfer betting sites in the UK.
- High prices: Competitive odds are the foundation of any good bookmaker. Odds comparison websites are a good way to show the betting sites that consistently have the highest prices and lowest margins.
- Available promotions: Certain deposit methods exclude you from welcome offers and promotions. The deals available are a big part of deciding on a bookmaker, so it was important to look at how using bank transfer impacted the accessibility of promos.
- Mobile betting: Mobile betting continues to grow in popularity. The best bank transfer betting sites provide an excellent customer experience on mobile browsers and their apps. Processing your bank transfer on mobile should also be a quick and simple process.
|What is the criteria to identify the best Bank Transfer betting sites in the UK: Did you know?|
|Bet365 have one of the quickest processing times for bank transfer withdrawals at under 24 hours.|
Welcome offers are available via bank transfer deposits unlike some e-wallet payment methods.
Pros & cons of Bank Transfer betting sites
Bank transfer might seem like an old-fashioned payment method when it comes to betting online. Punters have plenty of alternatives to choose from, but there are still numerous reasons to use bank transfers for deposits and withdrawals at online bookmakers.
Here are the pros and cons of using bank transfer…
|Easy to set up with mobile and online banking||Quicker to use debit card|
|Commonly used for withdrawing funds||Risk of scams|
|No fees||Can be very slow compared to other options|
What is Bank Transfer?
Bank transfer, sometimes called a ‘wire transfer’, is a means of electronically transferring funds from one entity/person to another. Simply, this is the process of moving money from one bank account to another.
Depending on the amount of money changing hands, the currencies involved and several other factors, there are different types of bank transfer required. Each account holder must have a verified identity to process a bank transfer. Fees associated with bank transfers depend on the country and banks involved.
Is it safe and legal to use Bank Transfer on betting sites?
Yes, it is perfectly safe and legal to use bank transfer on betting sites in the UK. All information contained in bank transfers is secured through encrypted communications.
When used at an online bookmaker, punters do not have to provide any financial information to the bookie. Effectively, you are relying on the security systems and encryption of your bank to protect you. Banks have immensely high standards when it comes to protecting their customers, which makes this one of the safest payment methods available to British sports bettors.
|What is Bank Transfer: Did you know?|
|Western Union launched the first commonly used bank transfer system back in 1872.|
The majority of international bank transfers are carried out over SWIFT, which is a co-operative society based in Belgium.
How do I use Bank Transfer on betting sites?
Using bank transfer on betting sites is a relatively stress-free process, even if it requires a bit more information than some other popular betting payment methods. Bettors need to have access to their banking information and be registered with a bookmaker before they can consider using a bank transfer to deposit and withdraw funds.
Here is what you will need to do to use bank transfer on betting sites:
How do I set -up a Bank Transfer?
Follow these steps to set up a bank transfer:
- Login to online banking: If you already have online banking, login on their website or app. If you do not, you may need to call your bank to set up an online banking account.
- Set up a new payee: Create a new payee online or over the phone. You will need information from your bookmaker to do this.
- Find your reference number: Login to your betting account and find the appropriate reference number to use when conducting betting bank transfers.
How do I deposit on betting sites using Bank Transfer?
These steps will help you deposit on betting sites using bank transfer:
- Open betting account – Sign in to your betting account. Visit the banking section and click on ‘deposit’.
- Choose payment method – Select ‘bank transfer’ (or an equivalent like ‘wire transfer’) from the available payment methods.
- Record payment information – Write down or photograph the payment information your bookmaker has provided you. This will include the account name, address, IBAN, SWIFT, sort code, payment reference and account number.
- Double-check info – Double-check that you have the correct information recorded. This must be accurate for the deposit to go through properly.
- Open online banking or app – Visit the page to create a new payee.
- Enter details – Provide all of the required details your bookmaker has given you. Double-check the numbers and payment reference.
- Decide on deposit size – Enter how much money you wish to deposit in your betting account. Click ‘confirm’ or the equivalent to process this transaction.
- Verification – You may need to verify this transaction with an SMS code, Face ID or Touch ID.
- Wait – Look up the deposit processing time at your bookmaker. Wait for your funds to arrive in your betting account.
How do I withdraw on betting sites using Bank Transfer?
Here’s how to withdraw using bank transfer:
- Go to banking – Click on ‘banking’, ‘cashier’ or the equivalent on your betting site.
- Choose withdraw – Pick ‘withdraw’ from the options.
- Enter withdrawal amount – Either choose from one of the round-number shortcuts or enter the figure for yourself in the box provided. Confirm this number.
- Pick bank transfer – Choose bank transfer as your method for withdrawing funds. Confirm this selection to start the process.
- Verify and wait – Bank transfers should arrive in under five working days. You may need to verify some information on the betting website for the transaction to go through.
|How do I use Bank Transfer on betting sites: Did you know?|
|Depositing via bank transfer becomes much easier after your first payment, as the necessary details will be saved in your online banking account.|
Entering the correct reference number is crucial to make sure the deposit goes into your account.
Can I claim bonuses when using Bank Transfer on betting sites?
Yes, welcome offers and promotions will be available if you use bank transfer to deposit your funds. The processing time for bank transfer deposits can mean a delay in receiving the benefits from the sign-up offer or promo, however.
Bookmakers generally treat bank transfer deposits in the same way. It will be viewed like using a Visa or Mastercard to add money to your account, which means free bets, bonuses and other promotions should be available year-round.
Bank transfer: Excellent security but waiting times can be frustrating
Bank transfer is arguably the most secure payment method when betting online. Your financial information is protected, and you are not handing over any card numbers to bookmakers. The risks of using bank transfer are very minimal, which gives you peace of mind when depositing and withdrawing funds online.
The waiting times for both deposits and withdrawals to be processed are the biggest downside. It can take up to a working week for funds to land in your betting account or for winnings to arrive with your bank, which can be inconvenient.
Promotions are all available, however, and it is a relatively easy process to deposit and withdraw your cash once it has been set up for the first time.
Overall, the accessibility of welcome offers and promotions, along with exceptional security standards, makes bank transfer a good option if you are content with waiting a few days for transactions to be processed.