Betway has established itself as the top site for many seasoned cricket bettors. They have a strong reputation with regular and casual punters, offering a fantastic level of coverage of the sport, especially the World Cup.
- Abundance of odds for Cricket World Cup
- Loads of stats
- Specials available
New UK customers only. Min Deposit: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. First bet on a Football or Horse Racing multiple with 3+ selections. Overall odds: 3.00 (2/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. This is offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 50 Bonus Spins credited on placement of qualifying Acca bet.50x bonus wagering applies as do weighting requirements, bonus Spins only available on selected games and expires 7 days after being awarded. Debit card deposits only (exclusions apply). 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way. Full terms apply.
Betway is the market leader when it comes to the quantity of their cricket odds.
Why we like Betway
You will find it hard to pick holes in Betway’s Cricket World Cup offering. Cricket is a priority for this bookmaker, which is reflected in an extensive selection of odds for the tournament and other major competitions. Specials are available well in advance of the tournament.
What Betway offers you
- Fantastic selection of odds: Cricket fans are spoilt for choice at Betway. Their coverage of the World Cup is second to none.
- World Cup specials: Whether betting on the team to finish last, if there’s a tie in the tournament or how many sixes a player will hit, Betway has you covered with special markets.
- Free Bet Club: All punters like a free bet. The Betway Free Bet Club can reward you with £10 in free bets each week.
- Impressive design of website and app: Betway’s website and app are less chaotic than many of their competitors, and designed in a way which makes them easy to use.
Unibet has gone from strength to strength since being founded in 2000. The Malta-based company has deservedly become known as one of the best Cricket World Cup betting sites.
- Loads of well laid out stats and info
- Excellent website design
- Competitive odds
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
All manner of Cricket World Cup statistics are available through the Unibet website and app, making it easier for punters to research prior to betting.
Why we like Unibet
You can quickly locate a lot of the data you need to make a betting decision at Unibet. Pre-tournament specials are available for cricket world cup punters to weigh up, too.
What Unibet offers you
- Loads of stats: Click the three bars next to the odds for a match and you will be taken to a page showing lots of statistics about the two teams.
- Outright options: Unibet is known for providing a healthy portion of outright betting options, and the Cricket World Cup is no exception.
- User-friendly website: It is hard to fault the Unibet website or app. The colour scheme is easy on the eye, and it is quick to load.
- Updated promotions: Unibet works hard to keep its promotions competitive. They update their promos on a regular basis.
BoyleSports are a successful high-street bookie who have developed into a quality online sportsbook, Their coverage of the Cricket World Cup is up there with the best in the UK market.
- Combined odds
- Great live betting
- Range of payment methods
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Account & Payment method restrictions apply. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. T&Cs apply. T&Cs apply.
BoyleSports have a quality cricket offering and are particularly good for the World Cup.
Why we like BoyleSports
The standout feature for BoyleSports’ IPL betting is being able to combine odds. Acca Loyalty is a useful touch for those wanting to string together a few Cricket World Cup selections. New customers are met with a solid welcome offer to experiment with the site.
What BoyleSports offers you
- Combined odds on outright markets: You can combine numerous selections on Cricket World Cup outright markets. This allows you to personalise your wager, and cover against multiple outcomes.
- Quick payments: With a significant list of payment methods, you can quickly process deposits and withdrawals at BoyleSports.
- Well-received app: The BoyleSports app has generally been positively reviewed by punters.
- Superb customer service: You can access Boyle Sports customer service 24/7.
Bet365 is a giant of the sports betting industry. The Stoke-based bookmaker is known all over the world, and has established itself as one of the best Cricket World Cup betting sites in the UK.
- Player prop markets available
- Bet boosts
- Great live streaming and in-play betting
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
In-play betting has long been a strength with Bet365 and that is a key component for IPL punters.
Why we like Bet365
Bet365’s quick-loading in-play interface is the best of the bunch. Their depth of Cricket World Cup odds is impressive, whether placing a wager before the match or looking for value as the action unfolds. Their in-play betting is fantastic and plenty of cricket matches can be streamed live on the website or app throughout the year, too. They have plenty of betting options and player prop markets.
What Bet365 offers you
- Near-perfect in-play betting: Bet365 is probably your best option if you’re keen on in-play betting. Both the website and app are reliable and well-organised for live wagers.
- Bet Boosts on the Cricket World Cup: You are met with a selection of Bet Boosts on most Bet365 betting pages. Look out for boosted Cricket World Cup odds.
- Live cricket action: Select matches are live streamed on the Bet365 website. These will usually require a small qualifying wager.
- Range of betting options: Bet365 offers a range of betting options, including player props, on World Cup matches.
- Widespread cricket coverage: If you want to delve into cricket betting beyond the Cricket World Cup, Bet365 covers matches and tournaments from The Ashes to the Sheffield Shield and the IPL.
Betfred has become one of the UK’s most popular betting sites since its online launch in 2004. They offer high quality Cricket World Cup coverage.
- Great in-play betting
- Customise your wager with #PickYourPunt
- Early outrights for World Cup
New 18+ UK customers. Register with Welcome40. Deposit, using a Debit Card, and place first bet on sports within 7 days of registering. Bet must be £10+ at Evens (2.0)+ in one bet transaction. £40 in Free Bets credited within 10 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. First bet must be settled within 7 days of registration. Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs apply.
Cricket World Cup bettors will find that Betfred have great in-play betting and a great selection of markets.
Why we like Betfred
Selected Cricket World Cup matches are included in Betfred’s Daily Price Boosts. They have a good range of markets available and great live betting, often complemented with live streaming.
What Betfred offers you
- Great in-play betting: This is a strength of Betfred and the Cricket World Cup is no exception.
- Daily Price Boosts: Look for the Daily Price Boosts section on the left-hand side of the website for higher odds.
- Acca Insurance: Receive free bets on qualifying accumulators if you narrowly miss out.
- Customise your wager: #PickYourPunt allows you to build your Cricket World Cup bet.
- Betting options: Betfred has a range of options for World Cup bettors.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on the Cricket World Cup
Just as bookies have a lot to take on board when trying to create the best Cricket World Cup betting sites, punters have a load of factors to look at too. It takes a balanced viewpoint to land on the top bookmakers for Cricket World Cup betting.
Chris Sampson: In my opinion, a good Cricket World Cup bookmaker needs to give both a selection of match markets and other outright options beyond tournament winner. Added points are available for bookies which give you cricket-specific promotions and provide data to help your pre-bet research.
Compare the best Cricket World Cup betting sites of 2023
The Cricket World Cup, the international championship of One Day International (ODI) cricket, is one of the world’s most viewed sporting events. It is one of the biggest and most exciting events in international cricket. Naturally, the tournament attracts plenty of punters, who will have a number of different interests when it comes to betting on the Cricket World Cup.
Most of all, you want to be betting somewhere which is safe and provides high odds. Deciding on the best Cricket World Cup betting sites in the UK goes much beyond that, however, so we have compared a few of the leading candidates:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|Betway||4.8/5||Range of cricket world cup odds/markets||Review|
|Unibet||4,7/5||Cricket world cup specials/well presented stats||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
We have put the hours in to collect the strengths and weaknesses of the various Cricket World Cup online betting sites. Reaching a conclusion to pick your favourite bookie is a personal choice, though, and it is best to do some research for yourself before committing.
To help you out, here are a few useful criteria:
- Check licensing: Safety is paramount when betting. You want to be certain your data and bank details are safe. Betting with a licensed bookmaker is vital, so check their licences before signing up.
- Learn about welcome offers: Some welcome offers will be better suited to your betting habits than others. Look at the qualifying requirements for a sign-up promotion to be sure it works with the stakes you are going to deposit.
- Compare Cricket World Cup odds: Major bookmakers will cover the Cricket World Cup, but some will have more odds than others. Have a look at the available markets and compare the prices.
- Evaluate payment options: If you have a preferred payment method in mind, read through how it works with the bookmaker. You want to stay away from fees for deposits and withdrawals. The best Cricket World Cup betting sites will process deposits and withdrawals quickly.
- Read some reviews: Bookmakers rely on reputation. Researching what other punters make of the experience with the bookie is a great way to learn what it is like being a regular bettor with them.
- Get the app: Being able to bet on the move is helpful. Download the app and see if it’s something you’d be happy using frequently.
- Give signing up a go: If the general offering from a bookie is to your liking, it’s time to sign up and have a trial run.
Betting on the Cricket World Cup explained
The cricket world cup is considered to be the most important limited overs competition in the sport. It attracts a great number of bettors and spectators alike.
Find Cricket World Cup outright odds well in advance of the tournament beginning. Individual match odds are up on the best Cricket World Cup betting sites well in advance, giving you time to decide on your bets.
From the day the squads are confirmed, bettors will be trying to decide on their Cricket World Cup picks.
Types of Cricket World Cup bets
If you are a seasoned cricket bettor, you will know about the different types of IPL bets.
All of the best Cricket World Cup betting sites will offer the match winner market.
Bet on the winner of the tournament. These odds are usually available well in advance.
Player of the Match
You can often place a wager on who you expect to win Player of the Match. You have to wait until after the match to find out if your bet has won.
Bookies will set a line for the number of boundaries hit by a player. For instance, if Jos Buttler’s line is 2.5, you can wager on him to hit over or under that figure. He would need to hit three boundaries for the over to be a winner.
Highest Opening Partnership
This is a simple wager on which teams will score the most runs before losing their first wicket.
Cricket World Cup betting strategies
Give yourself time to develop your Cricket World Cup betting strategy. Short-form cricket can be unpredictable, but there is also an immense amount of data out there to inform your wagers. You can read preview pieces, analyse statistics and compare odds across bookmakers before placing your bet.
Get to know more about the Cricket World Cup to bet smarter
The Cricket World Cup, officially known as ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup, is the international championship of One Day International (ODI) cricket. Organised by the sport’s governing body, the International Cricket Council (ICC), every four years, with preliminary qualification rounds leading up to a finals tournament. The tournament is one of the world’s most viewed sporting events.
The first World Cup was organised in England in June 1975, with the first ODI cricket match having been played only four years earlier. However, a separate Women’s Cricket World Cup had been held two years before the first men’s tournament, and a tournament involving multiple international teams had been held as early as 1912, when a triangular tournament of Test matches was played between Australia, England and South Africa. The first three World Cups were held in England. From the 1987 tournament onwards, hosting has been shared between countries under an unofficial rotation system, with fourteen ICC members having hosted at least one match in the tournament.
Currently the format involves a qualification phase to determine which teams will make up the 10 teams, including the automatically qualifying host nation, for the tournament phase. These 10 teams then compete for the title at venues within the host nation over a period of approximately a month. In the 2027 edition, the format will be changed to accommodate an expanded 14-team final competition.
A total of twenty teams have competed in the twelve editions of the tournament, with ten teams competing in the recent 2019 tournament. Australia has won the tournament five times, India and West Indies twice each, while Pakistan, Sri Lanka and England have won it once each. The best performance by a non-full-member team came when Kenya made the semi-finals of the 2003 tournament.
England are the current champions after winning the 2019 World Cup. The next tournament will be held in India in 2023, and the subsequent 2027 World Cup will be held jointly in South Africa, Zimbabwe and Namibia.
Who is the favourite to win the Cricket World Cup in 2023?
At the time of writing, India, the host nation, are the favourites to win the 2023 Cricket World Cup ahead of England, Australia and Pakistan. Betway have India at 11/5, with England 3/1, Australia 4/1 and Pakistan 13/2 and South Africa 10/1.
Who is competing in the Cricket World Cup in 2023?
- England (Holders)
- India (Hosts)
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
- October 5 2023: Group stage begins with opening match, England v New Zealand
- November 12 2023: Group stage concludes
- November 15/16 2023: Semi finals
- November 19 2023 – Final
Frequently Asked Questions
Betti.ng on the winner of the tournament and on the winner of individual matches are the most popular bets for the Cricket World Cup
Betway, Unibet, BoyleSports, bet365 and Betfred are the top five online sportsbooks for the Cricket World Cup.
The Cricket World Cup was first held in 1975
First and foremost, find one of the best Cricket World Cup betting sites and do some research. Decide on the markets you’re interested in, and place your wagers. Remember to gamble responsibly.
Chris is a former athlete and a qualified PE teacher. He is a keen football fan, watching many matches at different levels throughout the season, and enjoys following many different sports. With betting and sports sites, he has a keen eye for detail and can to highlight positives and negatives for users. His experience in sport as a performer, teacher, writer and fan allows him to see things from many different perspectives.