Established online in 2000, bet365 are one of the best bookmakers in the world. Their basketball coverage is excellent and they are one of the best College Basketball betting sites in the UK.
- Excellent in-play betting
- Competitive odds for college basketball
- Basketball betbuilder for NCAAB games
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
Competitive odds, a large range of markets and props, basketball bet builder and great in-play betting with fantastic live streaming, bet365 are one of the UK’s NCAAB betting websites.
Why we like bet365
NCAAB fans can enjoy great pre-match and in-play betting at bet365. They offer a wide range of markets and have a great basketball bet builder.
What Bet365 offers you
- Great in-play betting with excellent live streaming: You can take advantage of a range of in-play betting markets and keep pace with the action through the bookie’s superb live streaming.
- Competitive basketball odds: bet365 offer attractive odds for college basketball.
- Plenty of markets and props for college basketball: bet365 offer punters a range of NCAAB options. The individual matches offer a large amount of betting options and props, both pre-match and in-play. Futures bets and betting on outright winners also feature.
- Boosted odds in basketball: Regular odds boosts in college basketball.
A stalwart of the UK betting industry, William Hill provide a great service for College Basketball.
- Excellent range of NCAAB options
- Competitive odds for NCAAB
- Regular odds boosts
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 18.10.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply.
William Hill provides a large variety of markets in College Basketball, with great pre-match and in-play options.
Why we like William Hill
William Hill offers good value and a great range of betting options in College Basketball, including outrights and individual matches pre-match and in-play. They usually pull out all of the stops for March Madness.
They offer competitive odds for NCAAB outrights and matchesl, which are often boosted with the bookie’s daily enhanced odds promos. William Hill is clearly one of the UK’s best College Basketball betting sites in the UK.
What William Hill offers you
- Large range of College Basketball betting options: William Hill cover College Basketball comprehensively with different markets, pre-match and in-play.
- Quality customer service: William Hill offer excellent customer service to punters.
- Competitive odds for College Basketball: WIlliam Hill’s NCAAB odds compare well with other bookies.
- Regular enhanced odds promos: Look for boosted odds on College Basketball in the run up to matches. William Hill’s website offers enhanced odds on a daily basis across a range of sports and events.
Betfred has become one of the UK’s most popular betting sites since its online launch in 2004. They cover College Basketball well and offer competitive odds for NCAAB outrights and matches.
- Attractive odds for College Basketball
- Quality Customer Service
- Great sign-up offer
New 18+ UK customers. Register with Welcome40. Deposit, using a Debit Card, and place first bet on sports within 7 days of registering. Bet must be £10+ at Evens (2.0)+ in one bet transaction. £40 in Free Bets credited within 10 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. First bet must be settled within 7 days of registration. Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs apply.
Betfred provide great odds and cover basketball in general and the NCAAB in particular really well.
Why we like Betfred
Betfred offer quality odds for College Basketball. They cover the NCAAB comprehensively and provide a great service for the sport as a whole.
What Betfred offers you
- Plenty of outright and future betting options: The bookie also offers a good range of future bets and outrights for the NCAAB
- Competitive odds for College Basketball: Betfred´s odds for College Basketball are excellent, often bettering other leading bookmakers.
- Excellent customer service: Betfred provide excellent customer support. The help section is robust, with many FAQs and you can get a prompt response from the bookie through a range of other mediums.
- Daily Price Boosts: Check the Betfred website for daily price boosts on selected events and matches.
Unibet are one of the best betting sites around and are continuing to develop. Their coverage of College Basketball is most impressive.
- Great range of College Basketball betting options, pre-match, in-play, and on outrights
- Good College Basketball odds
- Live streaming
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
Unibet offer great betting options, live streaming and competitive odds, making them a popular choice for UK NCAAB bettors.
Why we like Unibet
Punters are greeted with a smart interface on both the Unibet website or app. Menus are straightforward, making navigation easy. College Basketball punters have a great range of markets on individual matches, both pre match and live, with good odds to back this up. Their in-play section is backed up with live streaming. They offer a great selection of outright and future bets.
What Unibet offers you
- Many betting options on individual matches and outrights: Unibet provides you with a great variety of markets for individual games, pre-match and in-play. They offer a great range of outright bets and future bets for US College Basketball and to many other leagues around the world.
- Great in-play betting and live streaming for basketball: The bookie offer a range of in-play betting options and those Unibet customers with a funded account can enjoy College Basketball matches on a live stream.
- Good odds for basketball: Unibet offer competitive odds for College Basketball. User-friendly interface: Unibet’s website and app well-designed and pleasing to the eye, making it a straight-forward experience for bettors.
Betway is exclusively an online sports betting platform which was founded in 2006. It provides excellent service for NCAAB punters.
- Statistics available on betting page for each game
- Competitive odds for College Basketball
- Great range of markets and betting options for NCAAB
New UK customers only. Min Deposit: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. First bet on a Football or Horse Racing multiple with 3+ selections. Overall odds: 3.00 (2/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. This is offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 50 Bonus Spins credited on placement of qualifying Acca bet.50x bonus wagering applies as do weighting requirements, bonus Spins only available on selected games and expires 7 days after being awarded. Debit card deposits only (exclusions apply). 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way. Full terms apply.
Betway’s website is pleasing on the eye and smooth, making it a great place to browse and place wagers. For College Basketball, punters are provided with an abundance of stats and info and there are a wide range of betting options.
Why we like Betway
Punters have lots of information and stats at their disposal through the Betway website and app, allowing them to make more informed choices on their wagers. There is a great range of College Basketball betting options.
What Betway offers you
- Platform to do research: Bettors can make more informed choices thanks to the stats and info provided in the build up to matches, and in the case of in-play betting, during matches.
- Superb app and website: Betway’s website and app are easy to navigate and quick to load. Their design is stylish but also has substance.
- Great Odds on College Basketball: Betway offer competitive odds on College Basketball.
- Great range of betting options: Betway give NCAAB punters many betting options.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on College Basketball
Bettors have many factors to consider when looking for a College Basketball betting site. College Basketball is a little more niche in the UK. All bookies will provide odds, and usually fairly deep coverage of the NBA. However, some will not make the NCAAB a priority. Therefore you need to check that a betting site has the sort of offering you want. The bookmaker must be well regulated and trustworthy. The quality of odds offered are vital along with the design and feel of the website, promotions, in-play betting, live streaming and the quality and accessibility of customer service. To be rated as one of the best College Basketball betting sites, bookmakers must score highly in all of these areas.
Chris Sampson: Firstly, the company must be secure and reputable. Then their College Basketball Coverage must be comprehensive. I am looking for competitive odds and a range of betting options. Websites should be responsive and easy to use on both the desktop and the app.
Compare the best College Basketball betting sites of 2023
College Basketball is a more niche betting market, however, in common with most college and university sport in the United States, it is an extremely high level of competition and hugely interesting to basketball fans and sports bettors alike. Individual bettors will have different priorities, so it is up to you to decide what you want regarding basketball wagers. We’ve compared the top sites to be on Basketball:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|bet365||4.8/5||Basketball bet builder||Full review|
|William Hill||4.8/5||Range of betting options||Full review|
|Betfred||4.7/5||High NCAAB odds||Full review|
|Unibet||4.7/5||Live streaming and in-play betting||Full review|
|Betway||4.7/5||Comprehensive stats and info for NCAAB||Full review|
How to choose the best site for you
Identifying the best College Basketball betting sites isn’t an easy task with so many options out there. You can only get a real idea of what works for you by trying sites out and extensively researching their promotions. With College Basketball being a fairly niche option for UK bettors there will not be many specific promos so you need to look at whether generic offers can be applied to your wagers and evaluate what else you can get from the site.
When looking at College Basketball online betting sites, these seven points are important to keep in mind:
- Safety is key: To keep your cash and data safe, you should always play on licensed and secure betting sites.
- Weigh up welcome offers: Not all welcome offers are the same. Each punter has different betting habits and will value different things when signing up to a new bookie, so make sure you find a site with a welcome offer which suits you.
- Analyse their College Basketball prices: Before leaping in, have a look through the College Basketball markets to get a feel for the value on offer. All punters want the best odds. It is worth comparing between sportsbooks to see which have the most competitive prices. Check out who offers the best value on specific tournaments and compare bookmaker’s odds over three individual matches to test their consistency.
- Consider payment and banking options: Making sure you can deposit and withdraw money safely and quickly is very important. It is worth seeing which bookies offer certain payment methods and comparing the fees involved and timescale for receiving your winnings.
- Tried and trusted bookies are worth it: Some bookmakers have a better reputation than others. The best Basketball betting sites will retain customers through the quality of their service, customer support and integrity.
- Bet on the move: Mobile apps are a large part of the bookmakers’ offering. Being able to scroll through odds, live stream and contact customer service through your phone or tablet is useful, especially if you like to bet when out and about.
- Try signing up: Registration with a new bookmaker should be a quick, smooth and straightforward process. The only way to get a feel of a betting site is to sign up yourself and look at what they can offer. Most trusted bookies require you to provide documentation to verify your account as part of their Know Your Customer (KYC) scheme.
Betting on College Basketball explained
Basketball is a popular sport which is attracting an increasing amount of punters. Bookies are responding by adding more leagues and markets to their repertoire. When betting on College Basketball most types of bets and most issues will be common to betting on the NBA or on other basketball competitions.
How Are Basketball Betting Odds Calculated?
Basketball betting odds are calculated on the probability of something happening.
In terms of betting on the outcome of a match by adding up the percentage probability of each of the two possible outcomes you can determine whether the odds are good value. Naturally the two percentages should make 100, however, that would leave the bookie without profit. What is a fair margin varies from sport to sport, however in Basketball 110 and under is considered fair, while the bookies who offer the best Basketball odds usually average around 107 (93% payout).
Just like selecting your preferred bookmaker, there is a lot to consider when making College Basketball picks. Recent form and style of play/characteristics of the teams are all important factors.
Types of College Basketball bets
College Basketball bettors have never had more options available. Punters can, for example, bet on outright winners and match results. Accas and multiples are also becoming popular. Bettors pick a number of games to predict the result from, with, for example, odds given for selecting four out of four correct results.
This is a bet on an event which is often some way down the line. Punters often bet on outright winners (the winner of a tournament, for example the NCAAB .
For an individual match, punters bet on which team will win. An extension of this is betting on a specific result.
Over/Under (Total) bets
Betting the over/under in a match simply means you are wagering on how many points there will be in a match or a quarter.
Parlay: A parlay involves more than one wager combined together for greater odds. You can place a same game Basketball parlay — multiple events from one matchup — or alternatively, events across multiple games. Comprising three doubles and a treble, a Trixie is three selections and four bets. At least two of the selections must land to guarantee a payout.
As stated earlier, accumulators, where punters try to match a number of results, are becoming more popular in Basketball betting.
The obvious risk is that all the bets have to win for the bettor to receive a payout. However, some bookmakers, offer accumulator insurance so if one of your selections (minimum five selections) lets you down you will receive your stake back as a free bet.
Betting Spreads or Against the Spread betting also known ATS, is one of the most popular ways to bet on basketball. For example if Houston were playing Duke and they were favourites to win, the spread could look something like this, ‘Houston -5 / Duke +5’. Therefore a bet on Houston to ‘beat’ the points spread would pay out if they won by more than five points. A bet on Duke to ‘cover’ the points spread would pay out if they avoided defeat by more than five points, or won.
Prop markets are becoming more common, and they allow customers to bet on anything that may unfold during a game. For the bigger games, player props are available with many top bookies.
Lots of Basketball bettors enjoy the excitement of live betting as the match flows. Bettors can follow the action then use their judgement to place bets as the game unfolds. Live streaming has made this more popular.
With tipoff betting, users can bet on which of the two opposing teams they anticipate will win the tipoff that kicks off the beginning of the game.
Most Points Scored
If you have a hunch about who you anticipate will score the most points in a college basketball game, this bet is for you.
Total Assist Betting
With total assist betting, users can bet on which player from either team will get the most assists throughout the duration of the game.
College Basketball betting strategies
It is important to do some background research before making your wager. Look into form and styles of play. Try to apply your knowledge and understanding of the game to your selections. Look at the types of bets you prefer and develop your own strategy. Above all, gamble responsibly and make it fun.
Get to Know More About College Basketball to Bet Smarter
College basketball is one of the most watched collegiate sports in the United States. This is due to it being one of the most entertaining, fast-paced, and unpredictable sporting occasions out there. College basketball dates back to over 100 years, the first formal game being played in 1891. With so many years under its belt, it’s no wonder this sport is a fan favourite.
Who is the Favourite to Win this College Basketball Season?
At the beginning of the tournament, number 1-seed, Houston were favourites, ahead of Alabama.
Which Teams are Playing in the Current College Basketball Tournament?
68 teams are competing to become the best college basketball team in the United States.
Here is a list of all of them:
- Kansas St.
- San Diego St.
- Saint Mary’s (CA)
- Miami (FL)
- lowa St.
- Texas A&M
- Michigan St.
- Florida Atlantic
- West Virginia
- Boise St.
- Penn St.
- Southern California
- Utah St.
- NC State
- Mississippi St.
- Arizona St.
- Col. of Charleston
- Oral Roberts
- Kent St.
- Kennesaw St.
- UC Santa Barbara
- Grand Canyon
- Montana St.
- UNC Asheville
- Northern Ky.
- A&M-Corpus Christi
- Texas Southern
- Southeast Mo. St.
What are the Key Dates to Keep in Mind?
The 2023–24 NCAA Division I men’s basketball season will begin on November 6, 2023. The regular season will conclude on March 17, 2024, with the 2024 NCAA Division I men’s basketball tournament getting underway with the First Four on March 19 and ending with the championship game at State Farm Stadium in Glendale on April 8.