One of the most well-known sports betting brands in the world, Bet365 has an excellent reputation with British punters for their superb all-round product.
- Basketball accumulator bonus
- Market-leading in-play betting system
- Early payouts on basketball
For New Customers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. begambleaware.org
Bet365’s multi-sport accumulator bonus can see your winnings boosted by a considerable amount.
Why we like Bet365
Your potential winnings could be boosted by 70% with Bet365’s accumulator bonus. Their in-play betting system is the best in the business, and you don’t need to sweat about possible comebacks thanks to their early payout offer.
What Bet365 offers you
- Accumulator bonus: The Bet365 multi-sport accumulator bonus can increase your winnings by as much as 70%.
- Flawless in-play betting: With minimal loading times and tonnes of available markets, Bet365’s in-play betting console stands head and shoulders above most of its peers.
- Early payout: Back a team to win and your wager will be marked as a winner if they take an 18-point lead.
- Bet Boost: Bet Boosts are visible on the Bet365 basketball page throughout the year. Various markets see their odds enhanced.
Unibet has a deserved reputation as one of the best Basketball World Cup betting sites in the UK.
- Revamped Bet Builder
- Plenty of basketball live streaming
- Odds Boost given dedicated page
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 50x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs apply.
An improved Bet Builder headlines Unibet’s well-rounded basketball betting package.
Why we like Unibet
Unibet’s Bet Builder has been updated recently, making it one of the best around. They live stream hundreds of basketball games throughout the year, helping you to research for your Basketball World Cup bets, and also stream matches from the tournament itself. Find all their Odds Boost markets on a dedicated page.
What Unibet offers you
- Bet Builder: The Unibet Bet Builder has been updated. You have flexibility to create the wager you want, and you can boost the odds of one Bet Builder per day.
- Live basketball streaming: Watch live basketball action through the Unibet website and app. Keep up with Basketball World Cup action on the go.
- Odds Boost: All Unibet Odds Boost markets are organised on a specific page, which is located at the top of the menu on the left-hand side of the website.
- Refer A Friend bonus: You could receive a £150 bonus if you refer a friend to Unibet and they meet specific wagering requirements.
Betfred has become one of the UK’s most popular betting sites since its online launch in 2004. They cover basketball well and their superb odds place the bookie among the best Basketball World Cup betting sites in the UK.
- Competitive basketball odds
- Daily Price Boosts
- Live streaming
New 18+ UK customers. Register with Welcome40. Deposit, using a Debit Card, and place first bet on sports within 7 days of registering. Bet must be £10+ at Evens (2.0)+ in one bet transaction. £40 in Free Bets credited within 10 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. First bet must be settled within 7 days of registration. Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs apply.
Betfred offers basketball live streams year-round, which is particularly useful for tournaments not shown on TV. Their basketball odds are very competitive
Why we like Betfred
Betfred’s live streaming helps to keep you up to date with the latest action. Their Daily Price Boost section can often be a way to find value. Their basketball odds are some of the most competitive around.
What Betfred offers you
- Basketball live streaming: Betfred will often have streams so you can watch the games at the World Cup.
- Daily Price Boosts: Every day of the year, Betfred has Daily Price Boosts available in its dedicated section on the website.
- Statistics for basketball games: Once you’re on a game-specific page, you will see some useful statistics which can help you make your picks.
- Competitive odds: Betfred’s Basketball World Cup prices are worth checking out
Betway is exclusively an online sports gambling platform which was founded in 2006. It provides excellent service for Basketball World Cup bettors.
- Loads of stats and info
- Competitive odds
- Free Bet Club
New UK customers only. Min Deposit: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. First bet on a Football or Horse Racing multiple with 3+ selections. Overall odds: 3.00 (2/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. This is offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 50 Bonus Spins credited on placement of qualifying Acca bet.50x bonus wagering applies as do weighting requirements, bonus Spins only available on selected games and expires 7 days after being awarded. Debit card deposits only (exclusions apply). 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way. Full terms apply.
Betway’s website is pleasing on the eye and smooth, making it a great place to browse and place wagers. For basketball, punters are provided with an abundance of stats and info and there are a wide range of betting options.
Why we like Betway
Punters have lots of information and stats at their disposal through the Betway website and app, allowing them to make more informed choices on their wagers. There is a great range of World Cup betting options.
What Betway offers you
- Platform to do research: Bettors can make more informed choices thanks to the stats and info provided in the build up to matches, and in the case of in-play betting, during matches.
- Superb app and website: Betway’s website and app are easy to navigate and quick to load. Their design is stylish but also has substance.
- Great basketball odds: Betway offer competitive odds on basketball.
- Free Bet Club: Opt in to Betway’s Free Bet Club and you can earn £15 in free bets each week if you meet the qualifying criteria.
A new face on the scene, BetUK has quickly made a name for itself as one of the leading bookmakers in the UK since being founded in 2020.
- Best Odds for EPL
- Best Odds for UCL
- Acca Club with profit boosts on a weekly basis
- 24-hour live chat service
- £30 in free bets available in welcome offer
BetUK have quickly put themselves in contention to be the best basketball betting site in the UK. The Acca Club headlines its offering and they provide a great service for the world cup.
Why we like BetUK
BetUK provides an easy-to-navigate and clean website. The odds are always competitive, and the weekly Acca Club is particularly appealing for basketball fans who like backing multiple selections in one go.
What BetUK offers you
- Profit Boosts through Acca Club: Regularly back accumulators and you can receive £5 in free bets each week, along with profit boosts for qualifying wagers.
- Commitment to safer gambling: BetUK has made a significant effort to make gambling safer, and ranks well for bettor safety.
- Always available customer service: A 24-hour live chat option isn’t offered by every bookmaker. You will find BetUK are very helpful whenever you make contact.
- Functional, user-friendly website: BetUK have struck the balance between appealing and functional with their website.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Basketball World Cup
Other than the Olympics, the World Cup is the biggest event in international basketball. NBA teammates are up against each other, and lesser-known players have a chance to make a name for themselves against some world stars. Bookmakers give punters a lot to weigh up when trying to land on their preferred Basketball World Cup online betting sites.
Sam Cox: In my opinion, the best Basketball World Cup betting sites should have basketball-focused promotions. Anywhere which allows you to live stream the action is at an advantage. I want bookmakers to have several features and a range of markets for bettors to choose between.
Compare the best Basketball World Cup betting sites of 2023
Every good bookmaker will cover the Basketball World Cup to some degree. Some bookies are better than others, though, so it is useful to pit the leading candidates against each other to get an understanding of their strengths and weaknesses.
Here’s a quick comparison table of the best Basketball World Cup betting sites in 2023:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|Betfred||4.6/5||Competitive Basketball odds||Review|
|Betway||4.1/5||Statistics on each game||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
We have done the groundwork to narrow down a small group of the best Basketball World Cup betting sites in the UK. Deciding on a bookmaker is very much a personal decision, however, so it is useful to look around for yourself before making a final call.
To help with that process, here are seven crucial criteria:
- Licenses are required: Safety is vital when betting online. The only way to be confident that your data is protected is to bet with licensed bookmakers.
- Compare welcome deals: Every bookmaker has some form of welcome offer. Make sure you sign up to a bookmaker which has a sign-up promotion that fits your betting habits and stakes.
- Search for Basketball World Cup odds: The quality and quantity of Basketball World Cup odds will vary between bookies. See how easy it is to find their FIBA World Cup markets on the website.
- Check available payment methods: Learn about the payment options available with a bookmaker. Read the terms and conditions to make sure you are not going to encounter hidden fees.
- Read some reviews: What other punters have to say about a bookmaker can be very informative. Use Google to find some reviews.
- Download their apps: Head to the app store on your preferred device and download their app. Check that the app has the same features and offers as their website.
- Sign up: If you think you have reached a final decision, it is time to see how user-friendly their sign up process is.
Betting on Basketball World Cup explained
The Basketball World Cup has been an important event on sporting calendars for several decades. The tournament gained a higher profile when NBA players were allowed to play, and the event has become far more competitive in recent years. The best Basketball World Cup betting sites will allow you to watch live action and bet in-play.
Basketball World Cup odds are available several months before the tournament gets underway. Outright markets go live at the top Basketball World Cup online betting sites a long time before the competition tips off. Game markets will go up once the draw is known.
Making Basketball World Cup picks requires some research. How a country has fared in the competition previously is often useful to know. You also want to find out which NBA players are going to make themselves available, and how the countries have done when they have previously matched up.
Types of Basketball World Cup bets
The options for betting on the Basketball World Cup will be familiar if you have wagered on basketball in the past.
The game winner market is the simplest of Basketball World Cup bets. These odds are usually found at the top of each game-specific page. You place a bet on which team you expect to win the game and it will be marked as a winner if they finish with the most points.
The best Basketball World Cup betting sites in 2023 will set a line for the total number of points in each game. You then wager on the over or under. Check whether this market includes overtime.
Player prop betting is common in basketball. This is generally a case of betting on over/unders for points, rebounds, assists and three-pointers.
Outright betting on the Basketball World Cup is often focused on which team will win gold. You can also wager on how far a team will go in the competition or who will qualify from a group.
Basketball World Cup betting strategies
You should set aside some time to work on your Basketball World Cup betting strategy. How a team has performed at the World Cup in the past can help to inform your wagers. You should also compare the rosters and see which big names are available for the tournament. Sites like ESPN and Basketball Reference are good sources of important information.
Get to know more about Basketball World Cup to bet smarter
The Basketball World Cup was first played in 1950. It is an international tournament scheduled every four years. There are men’s and women’s versions of the World Cup, which is organised by FIBA.
There are 32 teams involved in the men’s World Cup and 12 for the women’s edition – both begin with a preliminary round, while the men’s tournament has a second group stage before the knockouts begin.
The knockout phase is a single-game elimination, with tied games going to overtime to decide which team progresses. Games are played to decide the placing of all teams in the last eight.
Until 2014, the FIBA World Cup was held in the same year as its football equivalent. To avoid clashing, FIBA made the decision to move the men’s tournament to the year after the FIFA World Cup.
The 1994 World Cup was the first time active NBA players were allowed to participate. With five titles apiece, the USA and Yugoslavia are the two most successful nations in the history of the men’s competition. Three of the USA’s five titles have come since active NBA players were involved.
The USA have a record 11 titles in the Women’s Basketball World Cup. Only one other nation has won gold more than once.
Who is the favourite to win the Basketball World Cup in 2027?
The USA, Germany, Canada, Serbia and Spain are among the favourites to win the Basketball World Cup in 2027.
Who is competing at the Basketball World Cup in 2027?
Qatar qualify as host nation. The other FIBA affiliated countries will compete in their geographical regions to make the finals in six windows between November 2025 and March 2027.
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
Qualifying matches take place between November 2025 and March 2027.
Finals: 27 August – 12 September 2027
For more on basketball follow the link.