Our top list for the best Basketball World Cup Betting Sites for 2023
- BetVictor – Statistics for every game
- Bet365 – Accumulator bonus for basketball
- Unibet – Bet Builder for basketball
- Paddy Power – Accumulator insurance
- Betfair – Live basketball streaming on website and app
Since adopting its current name at the start of the 2010s, BetVictor has been among the best Basketball World Cup betting sites in the UK.
Learn about the teams and players involved with BetVictor’s on-site statistics for each game.
Why we like BetVictor:
You can do some of your pre-bet research on the BetVictor website. Statistics for teams and players are viewable on their game pages. The sign-up offer requires a lower investment than many of their rivals. You can receive frequent rewards through the Loyalty Club.
|Statistics on game pages|
Low stakes required for sign up offer
BetVictor Loyalty Club
|No VIP program available|
Not many live streaming options
What BetVictor offers you
- Player and team stats: Click on a game page at BetVictor to find up-to-date player and team statistics, including recent results and standings.
- Accessible sign-up deal: Only £5 is required to receive a strong return from the BetVictor sign-up promotion.
- Loyalty Club: Free bets up to £25 every week are available through the BetVictor Loyalty Club.
- Trending bets: See what wagers other punters are backing with the trending bets feature.
Read the full BetVictor Review
One of the most well-known sports betting brands in the world, Bet365 has an excellent reputation with British punters for their superb all-round product.
Bet365’s multi-sport accumulator bonus can see your winnings boosted by a considerable amount.
Why we like Bet365:
Your potential winnings could be boosted by 70% with Bet365’s accumulator bonus. Their in-play betting system is the best in the business, and you don’t need to sweat about possible comebacks thanks to their early payout offer.
|Basketball accumulator bonus|
Market-leading in-play betting system
Basketball bet builder
Early payouts on basketball
|Big winners have been limited|
Uninspiring website design
What Bet365 offers you
- Accumulator bonus: The Bet365 multi-sport accumulator bonus can increase your winnings by as much as 70%.
- Flawless in-play betting: With minimal loading times and tonnes of available markets, Bet365’s in-play betting console stands head and shoulders above most of its peers.
- Early payout: Back a team to win and your wager will be marked as a winner if they take an 18-point lead.
- Bet Boost: Bet Boosts are visible on the Bet365 basketball page throughout the year. Various markets see their odds enhanced.
Unibet has a deserved reputation as one of the best Basketball World Cup betting sites in the UK.
An improved Bet Builder headlines Unibet’s well-rounded basketball betting package.
Why we like Unibet:
Unibet’s Bet Builder has been updated recently, making it one of the best around. They live stream hundreds of basketball games throughout the year, helping you to research for your Basketball World Cup bets. Find all their Odds Boost markets on a dedicated page.
|Revamped Bet Builder|
Plenty of basketball live streaming
Odds Boost given dedicated page
|Missing a loyalty programme|
Relatively few basketball-specific promotions
What Unibet offers you
- Bet Builder: The Unibet Bet Builder has been updated. You have flexibility to create the wager you want, and you can boost the odds of one Bet Builder per day.
- Live basketball streaming: Watch live basketball action through the Unibet website and app. Keep up with Basketball World Cup action on the go.
- Odds Boost: All Unibet Odds Boost markets are organised on a specific page, which is located at the top of the menu on the left-hand side of the website.
- Refer A Friend bonus: You could receive a £150 bonus if you refer a friend to Unibet and they meet specific wagering requirements.
Irish bookmaker Paddy Power has often hit the headlines with its outlandish marketing campaigns.
Place a basketball accumulator at Paddy Power and you could receive a free bet if you miss out by one leg.
Why we like Paddy Power:
Regular acca backers will be pleased to see Paddy Power’s accumulator insurance promotion. Their Rewards Club is a good route to free bets if you’re a frequent basketball punter. You can also use their Bet Builder across multiple games, giving even more options.
|Accumulator insurance on basketball|
Paddy Power Rewards Club
Bet Builder across multiple games
|Odds aren’t always competitive|
Customer service is better elsewhere
What Paddy Power offers you
- Accumulator insurance: Back a qualifying basketball accumulator and you will receive a free bet if one leg lets you down.
- Rewards Club: Land a free bet up to £10 or a Power Up every week through the Paddy Power Rewards Club.
- Multi-game Bet Builder: The Paddy Power Bet Builder gives you more options than their competitors by allowing you to combine Bet Builders across games.
- Referral offer: You can receive £20 for every friend you refer to Paddy Power.
Read the full Paddy Power Review
Perhaps best known for their exchange betting platform, Betfair has also developed a fantastic fixed-odds sportsbook which places alongside the best Basketball World Cup betting sites.
You can follow basketball all over the world with Betfair’s reliable live streaming.
Why we like Betfair:
Betfair stream basketball games from leagues of varying levels. If you want to try something slightly different, their exchange betting platform is quick to access from their fixed-odds sportsbook. In-play betting is a smooth process at Betfair, too.
|Live streaming on website and app|
Option to try out exchange betting
Strong in-play system
|Fewer offers than competitors|
Relatively few markets available
What Betfair offers you
- Live basketball streaming: Leagues from all over the world are covered by Betfair’s live streaming.
- Exchange betting: Betfair offers something that very few other bookies can provide with its exchange betting.
- Slick in-play betting: Betfair’s in-play betting is reliable. Their range of markets for live wagering is excellent.
- Odds Boost: Many Odds Boosts can be found on the right of the Betfair website. They boost tonnes of markets every day of the year.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Basketball World Cup
Other than the Olympics, the World Cup is the biggest event in international basketball. NBA teammates are up against each other, and lesser-known players have a chance to make a name for themselves against some world stars. Bookmakers give punters a lot to weigh up when trying to land on their preferred Basketball World Cup online betting sites.
Sam Cox: In my opinion, the best Basketball World Cup betting sites should have basketball-focused promotions. Anywhere which allows you to live stream the action is at an advantage. I want bookmakers to have several features and a range of markets for bettors to choose between.
Compare the best Basketball World Cup betting sites of 2023
Every good bookmaker will cover the Basketball World Cup to some degree. Some bookies are better than others, though, so it is useful to pit the leading candidates against each other to get an understanding of their strengths and weaknesses.
Here’s a quick comparison table of the best Basketball World Cup betting sites in 2023:
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Sign-up Bonus||Full Review|
|BetVictor||3.9/5||Basketball statistics||Bet £5, Get £30||Review|
|Bet365||4.7/5||Acca bonuses||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
|Unibet||4.6/5||Bet Builders||£40 Back As Bonus If First Bet Loses||Review|
|Paddy Power||4.1/5||Accumulator insurance||Bet £20, Get Back As Cash If Loses||Review|
|Betfair||4/5||Live streaming||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
We have done the groundwork to narrow down a small group of the best Basketball World Cup betting sites in the UK. Deciding on a bookmaker is very much a personal decision, however, so it is useful to look around for yourself before making a final call.
To help with that process, here are seven crucial criteria:
- Licenses are required: Safety is vital when betting online. The only way to be confident that your data is protected is to bet with licensed bookmakers.
- Compare welcome deals: Every bookmaker has some form of welcome offer. Make sure you sign up to a bookmaker which has a sign-up promotion that fits your betting habits and stakes.
- Search for Basketball World Cup odds: The quality and quantity of Basketball World Cup odds will vary between bookies. See how easy it is to find their FIBA World Cup markets on the website.
- Check available payment methods: Learn about the payment options available with a bookmaker. Read the terms and conditions to make sure you are not going to encounter hidden fees.
- Read some reviews: What other punters have to say about a bookmaker can be very informative. Use Google to find some reviews.
- Download their apps: Head to the app store on your preferred device and download their app. Check that the app has the same features and offers as their website.
- Sign up: If you think you have reached a final decision, it is time to see how user-friendly their sign up process is.
Betting on Basketball World Cup explained
The Basketball World Cup has been an important event on sporting calendars for several decades. The tournament gained a higher profile when NBA players were allowed to play, and the event has become far more competitive in recent years. The best Basketball World Cup betting sites will allow you to watch live action and bet in-play.
Basketball World Cup odds are available several months before the tournament gets underway. Outright markets go live at the top Basketball World Cup online betting sites a long time before the competition tips off. Game markets will go up once the draw is known.
Making Basketball World Cup picks requires some research. How a country has fared in the competition previously is often useful to know. You also want to find out which NBA players are going to make themselves available, and how the countries have done when they have previously matched up.
Types of Basketball World Cup bets
The options for betting on the Basketball World Cup will be familiar if you have wagered on basketball in the past.
The game winner market is the simplest of Basketball World Cup bets. These odds are usually found at the top of each game-specific page. You place a bet on which team you expect to win the game and it will be marked as a winner if they finish with the most points.
The best Basketball World Cup betting sites in 2023 will set a line for the total number of points in each game. You then wager on the over or under. Check whether this market includes overtime.
Player prop betting is common in basketball. This is generally a case of betting on over/unders for points, rebounds, assists and three-pointers.
Outright betting on the Basketball World Cup is often focused on which team will win gold. You can also wager on how far a team will go in the competition or who will qualify from a group.
Basketball World Cup betting strategies
You should set aside some time to work on your Basketball World Cup betting strategy. How a team has performed at the World Cup in the past can help to inform your wagers. You should also compare the rosters and see which big names are available for the tournament. Sites like ESPN and Basketball Reference are good sources of important information.
Get to know more about Basketball World Cup to bet smarter
The Basketball World Cup was first played in 1950. It is an international tournament scheduled every four years. There are men’s and women’s versions of the World Cup, which is organised by FIBA.
There are 32 teams involved in the men’s World Cup and 12 for the women’s edition – both begin with a preliminary round, while the men’s tournament has a second group stage before the knockouts begin.
The knockout phase is a single-game elimination, with tied games going to overtime to decide which team progresses. Games are played to decide the placing of all teams in the last eight.
Until 2014, the FIBA World Cup was held in the same year as its football equivalent. To avoid clashing, FIBA made the decision to move the men’s tournament to the year after the FIFA World Cup.
The 1994 World Cup was the first time active NBA players were allowed to participate. With five titles apiece, the USA and Yugoslavia are the two most successful nations in the history of the men’s competition. Three of the USA’s five titles have come since active NBA players were involved.
The USA have a record 11 titles in the Women’s Basketball World Cup. Only one other nation has won gold more than once.
Who is the favourite to win the Basketball World Cup in 2023?
The USA are once again the odds-on favourites to win the FIBA World Cup in 2023. France, Australia, Canada and 2019 champions Spain are in the chasing pack, although all come in at longer than 10/1.
There is a clear set of favoured teams for this year’s competition, with a massive drop off from the top seven teams to the rest. Outright markets will move considerably in the lead up to the Basketball World Cup depending on which stars make themselves available for the tournament.
Who is competing at the Basketball World Cup in 2023?
- Puerto Rico
- Dominican Republic
- New Zealand
- Ivory Coast
- South Sudan
- Cape Verde
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
25th-30th August 2023 – Preliminary Round
1st-3rd September 2023 – Second Round
5th-6th September 2023 – Quarter Finals
7th September 2023 – 5th-8th Classification
8th September 2023 – Semi Finals
9th September 2023 – Fifth Place and Seventh Place
10th September 2023 – Final and Third Place Playoff
For more on basketball follow the link.