Our top list for the best Basketball Champions League Betting Sites for 2023
- Betfair – Some basketball live streaming
- BetVictor – Win probability shown for each game
- Unibet – Readymade game parlays
- Bet365 – Early payouts
- Ladbrokes – Good depth of Basketball Champions League markets
Best known for their exchange betting platform, Betfair also boasts a superb fixed-odds sportsbook which ranks as one of the best Basketball Champions League betting sites in 2023.
Betfair provides live streaming on an impressive number of basketball leagues around Europe.
Why we like Betfair:
Follow basketball throughout the season using Betfair’s live streaming service. You are met with an in-play betting platform which excels in both its loading speeds and odds. Punters can mix things up by quickly popping over to their exchange betting site.
|Live streaming of smaller basketball leagues|
Reliable in-play betting for basketball
Flexibility with exchange
|Could have more markets for European basketball games|
Fewer promos than many competitors
What Betfair offers you
- Basketball streaming: Betfair streams hundreds of basketball games each year. You can use this to follow your bets as the action takes place.
- Basketball in-play: Betfair has stacks of in-play markets for basketball fans to consider. Their in-play pages are quick-to-load and odds update regularly.
- Exchange betting option: You can head over to Betfair’s exchange to get a different betting angle.
- Virtual sports: If the exchange and fixed-odds sportsbook are lacking interesting betting options, you can always try your hand at Betfair’s virtual sports.
Operating under various different names since being founded in the middle of the last century, the company has been known as BetVictor since 2012.
Click on a basketball game on the BetVictor website and you can find lots of information, including win probability for both teams.
Why we like BetVictor:
BetVictor gives statistics for each team when you are viewing game odds. Win probability can certainly prove to be helpful. On the Basketball Champions League page, you can choose which odds you want shown. Their Loyalty Club can land you free bets each week.
|Win probability on each game page|
Bet Victor Loyalty Club
Choose which markets to view on competition page
|Limited live streaming|
No VIP program
What BetVictor offers you
- Game stats: You can see win probabilities, standings and recent results on each game page at BetVictor.
- Bet Victor Loyalty Club: Opt into the Loyalty Club at BetVictor and you could receive a free bet up to £25 every week.
- Custom the Basketball Champions League page: At the top right of the Basketball Champions League page, you can choose which odds you want to see for each game.
- Well-designed website: The BetVictor website is slick in its appearance and functionality.
Read the full BetVictor Review
An all-rounder with comprehensive coverage of niche sports and leagues, Unibet has to be considered among the best Basketball Champions League betting sites.
Find readymade pre-game basketball parlays on each game-specific page at Unibet.
Why we like Unibet:
Unibet puts together some single-game parlays for you on FIBA Champions League contests. Their revamped Bet Builder is usable for basketball punters, covering most of their markets. You can also live stream European basketball action on their website and app.
|Pre-made game parlays|
Basketball Bet Builder
Extensive live streaming
|Could have more basketball offers|
No loyalty programme
What Unibet offers you
- Pre-made parlays: You have some pre-prepared single-game parlays on the Basketball Champions League to consider at Unibet.
- Basketball Bet Builder: Combine different markets from a game with the Unibet Bet Builder, which was recently updated.
- Basketball live streaming: Watch live basketball through the Unibet website and app.
- Good upside on their welcome offer: You could receive up to £40 back as a bonus if your first bet at Unibet loses.
Perhaps the most recognised sports betting brand in the world, Bet365 has very few flaws in its product.
Back a team to win and you will be covered by Bet365’s early payout offer.
Why we like Bet365:
Remove some stress about a potential comeback with Bet365’s early basketball payout. Multi-sport accumulators can see their winnings boosted by a significant amount, too. Bet365 has long been at the forefront of live streaming among bookmakers, and the Basketball Champions League is no exception.
|Early basketball payout offer|
Multi-sport accumulator bonus
Live basketball streaming
|Website lacks graphics and statistics|
Some regular winners have been limited
What Bet365 offers you
- Early payout: If the team you’ve backed takes an 18-point lead, your wager will be marked as a winner. This also applies if it is the leg of an accumulator or Bet Builder.
- Acca bonus: You could see your winnings increase by as much as 70% with Bet365’s accumulator bonus.
- Live streaming: Basketball games all over the world are watchable through the Bet365 website and app.
- Bet Builder: Combine up to 12 different wagers with the Bet365 Bet Builder.
Founded over 120 years ago, Ladbrokes has been a stalwart of British high streets, and has matched that success with its online presence.
The sheer depth of basketball markets at Ladbrokes stands out even alongside the best Basketball Champions League betting sites.
Why we like Ladbrokes:
You are spoilt for choice when betting on the Basketball Champions League at Ladbrokes, such is their selection of markets. There is the option to improve your odds with the use of an Odds Boost token. If you still can’t find a good value wager, contact using #GetAPrice for a custom bet.
|Depth of markets|
Odds Boost tokens to improve potential winnings
|Odds aren’t the best|
Website design isn’t for everyone
What Ladbrokes offers you
- Betting options: Ladbrokes is renowned for its range of markets. They live up to that reputation with the Basketball Champions League.
- Odds Boost: Punters receive Odds Boost tokens to lengthen the price of any wager they choose.
- #GetAPrice: Get in touch with Ladbrokes using #GetAPrice to have a wager priced up. Alternatively, you can see #GetAPrice bets from other punters.
- Long-standing reputation: Ladbrokes must be doing something right to have flourished for such a long time.
Read the full Ladbrokes Review
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Basketball Champions League
Sports betting contains lots of different elements. As a result, punters have tonnes of things to consider when trying to choose the best Basketball Champions League betting sites. Everything from customer service and payment methods to welcome offers and live streaming need to be evaluated.
Sam Cox: In my opinion, the accessibility of live streaming is crucial for the Basketball Champions League. Anywhere which provides statistics about teams and players involved is at an advantage, too, as doing the research can be trickier than for other competitions. Basketball-specific promotions earn bonus points.
Compare the best Basketball Champions League betting sites of 2023
A few bookmakers stand out from the crowd. These leading Basketball Champions League online betting sites all have their own strengths and weaknesses for bettors to weigh up.
This table provides a quick comparison of the five best Basketball Champions League betting sites in 2023.
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Sign-up Bonus||Full Review|
|Betfair||4.2/5||Live streaming||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
|BetVictor||4.4/5||Pre-game analysis||Bet £5, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
|Unibet||4.5/5||Basketball single-game parlays||£40 Back As Bonus If First Bet Loses||Review|
|Bet365||4.7/5||Early payouts||Bet £10, Get £30 Free Bets||Review|
|Ladbrokes||3.8/5||Range of basketball markets||Bet £5, Get £20 Free Bets||Review|
How to choose the best site for you
We have done the legwork to narrow down a shortlist of the best Basketball Champions League betting sites. Making a final decision is subjective, however, so you should look around for yourself before registering with a new bookmaker.
Here are seven criteria to keep in mind:
- Licences are a must: Safety is paramount when betting online. Betting at licensed bookmakers is the only way to be confident your data is protected.
- Analyse welcome promotions: A great welcome offer is a good way to get the ball rolling with a new bookie. Check their qualifying terms fit with your stakes and betting habits.
- Check Basketball Champions League odds: Availability, quality and quantity are all important with Basketball Champions League odds.
- Compare payment methods: Having multiple payment options can make your life easier. It is also vital that there are no hidden fees and you can rapidly receive your winnings.
- Reputation is revealing: Seeing what others think about a bookmaker can tell you a lot. Read some reviews to get a feel for how fellow punters have felt about a betting site.
- Download their mobile app: The mobile betting experience is a major component in a bookmaker’s offering. Download their app on your preferred device to see what you think.
- Registration process: Once you have chosen your favoured bookmaker, it is time to try out their registration process. This is the first time you get a real idea of what it would be like to regularly bet with this bookie.
Betting on Basketball Champions League explained
The Basketball Champions League is a relatively new competition, having been founded in 2016. Bookmakers might still be getting to grips with the format and teams involved, but wagering on basketball in general has been popular for decades in the UK. The best Basketball Champions League betting sites are very experienced with basketball wagering.
With the competition spanning from late autumn through winter and into spring, Basketball Champions League odds are available for most of the year. Outright markets will go live during the offseason, allowing you to bet on the upcoming tournament.
Making your Basketball Champions League picks can require a fair amount of research. Team form and injury news are important. It is also useful to learn about how teams from that country have previously fared in the competition. Find some head-to-head records if possible.
Types of Basketball Champions League bets
If you have previously bet on basketball, the types of Basketball Champions League wagers available will be familiar to you.
The game winner market is usually located at the top of a game-specific page. This is simply a case of betting on which team you are predicting to win the game. Check if the wager includes overtime.
Bookies set a line for the total number of points in each Basketball Champions League game. You then bet on the over or under. Some of the best Basketball Champions League betting sites in the UK will also offer alternate points lines.
Player props are a popular option when betting on basketball. These cover first basket, points, assists, rebounds, steals, threes made and several other categories.
You can place outright wagers on the Basketball Champions League. The main focus will be betting on a team to win the tournament, but you can also wager on how far they will go in the competition and player awards.
Basketball Champions League betting strategies
It is a good idea to dedicate a few hours to working on your Basketball Champions League betting strategy. You should look into team form, statistics and the latest betting trends. It is helpful to have some go-to websites to help with your betting research. Reading some expert previews can also point you in the right direction.
Get to know more about the Basketball Champions League to bet smarter
The Basketball Champions League is a tournament organised by FIBA Europe. Teams qualify through their performances in domestic leagues and cups, with some allowed to enter through a wildcard. It was first played in 2016-17, and the champion earns a place in the FIBA Intercontinental Cup.
The competition was created due to a dispute between FIBA and EuroLeague. FIBA’s aim was to take control of the top level of club basketball in Europe by creating a tournament which teams qualified for on merit.
There were 52 teams from 29 countries in the 2022-23 Champions League, including the Europe Cup winners from the previous season, qualifiers and wildcards. The competition proper begins with a round-robin group stage, followed by a play-in round for teams who finished second or third in their respective sections. The Round of 16 is again a group stage, which is followed by the Playoffs.
The regular season runs from October through to the start of the next calendar year. In most years, the semi finals and final will take place in late April or early May.
Lenovo Tenerife and San Pablo Burgos are the most successful Champions League teams with two titles apiece. Five different clubs have won the competition.
Who is the favourite to win the Basketball Champions League in 2023?
Telekom Baskets Bonn won the 2023 Basketball Champions League, defeating Hapoel Jerusalem 77-70 in the final. Baskets Bonn and Hapoel Jerusalem were the first teams from their respective nations to reach the final after three consecutive seasons of Spanish nations lifting the trophy. It was only the second season in the competition’s brief history that no Spanish team reached the final.
Odds on which team is favoured to win the Basketball Champions League in 2023-24 will be released in the build up to the competition later this year.
Who is competing in the Basketball Champions League in 2023?
- Lenovo Tenerife
- Baxi Manresa
- Surne Bilbao Basket
- UCAM Murcia
- Galatasary Nef
- Bahcesehir Koleji
- Pinar Karsiyaka
- JDA Dijon
- Limoges CSP
- SIC Strasbourg
- Hapoel Holon
- Bnei Herzliya
- Hapoel Jerusalem
- Telekom Baskets Bonn
- MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg
- Dinamo Sassari
- Filou Oostende
- ERA Nymburk
- Falco Szombathely
- VEF Riga
- Legia Warsaw
- Niners Chemnitz
- Brose Bamberg
- Rio Breogan
- Swans Gmunden
- Bakken Bears
- Parnu Sadam
- Golden Eagle Ylli
- Heroes Den Bosch
- TFT Skopje
- CSO Voluntari
- FMP Meridian
- Patrioti Levice
- Norrkoping Dolphins
- Fribourg Olympic
- Budivelnyk Kyiv
- Leicester Riders
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
21st-25th September 2022 – Qualifying phase
3rd-18th January 2023 – Play-in
24th January 2023 – Start of Round of 16
22nd March 2023 – End of Round of 16
4th April 2023 – Playoffs start
12th May 2023 – Semi Finals
14th May 2023 – Final
For more on basketball follow the link.