Cristiano Ronaldo Career Achievements, Records & Stats
Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo is widely considered one of the greatest footballers of all-time, and he has represented some of the world’s biggest clubs.
The fairytale return to Old Trafford has not played out as Manchester United or their fanbase hoped, with Cristiano Ronaldo now clearly past his best.
But the Portuguese remains one of the biggest stars in world football, and heads to Qatar this winter pursuing one of the few trophies which has eluded him: the World Cup.
A perennial winner, Ronaldo has enjoyed success in three of Europe’s top five leagues and has a collection of individual honours which only Lionel Messi can rival.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Manchester United Records
- Cristiano Ronaldo won the first of his five Ballon d’Or awards at Manchester United in 2008.
- Ronaldo was a three-time Premier League champion and won the 2007-08 Champions League with the Red Devils.
- In 346 appearances, Ronaldo has scored 145 goals for United.
- In 2008, Ronaldo became the first Manchester United player to win the European Golden Shoe with 31 goals.
- Ronaldo is a two-time Premier League Player of the Season winner, claiming the award in 2006-07 and 2007-08.
- He won his only Premier League Golden Boot in 2007-08, scoring 31 goals in 34 matches.
- Ronaldo’s first hat-trick for Manchester United was scored in a 6-0 win over Newcastle United on 12th January 2008.
- After joining the club from Sporting in 2003, Ronaldo scored his first goal for the Red Devils in November 2003 against Portsmouth.
- Ronaldo was the first Premier League player to be named FIFA World Player of the Year in 2008 after finishing third in the voting in 2007.
- A 40-yard strike against Porto in 2009 saw Ronaldo become the first Manchester United player to win the Puskas Award.
- Ronaldo has been named Premier League Player of the Month six times, the first coming in November 2006 and the most recent in April 2022.
- After the 2008-09 season, Manchester United sold Ronaldo for a then-world-record fee of £80 million to Real Madrid.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Real Madrid Records
- Ronaldo won two La Liga titles (2011-12, 2016-17) and four Champions Leagues (2013-14, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18) with Real Madrid.
- Real’s success in the Champions League helped Ronaldo win a further four Ballon d’Or awards in 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017.
- He is Real Madrid’s all-time leading goalscorer with 450 goals in all competitions, a record he broke in October 2015 when he scored 324th goal for the club to overtake Raul.
- Ronaldo won three European Golden Shoe awards as a Real Madrid player, scoring 53 in 2010-11, 51 in 2013-14 and 61 in 2014-15.
- Ronaldo has the most goals in Champions League history with 140 in 183 appearances, 104 of which were scored for Real Madrid.
- Ronaldo won the Club World Cup on three occasions (2014, 2016, 2017), having first lifted the trophy with Manchester United in 2008.
- Ronaldo was included in the Champions League Squad of the Season six times while playing for Los Blancos.
- He was also named to France Football’s Team of the Decade for the 2010s and earned 12 selections to the FIFA Team of the Year with Real.
- Ronaldo is tied with Isidro Lángara and José Eulogio Gárate on three Pichichi Trophy wins.
- A win over Juventus in October 2019 saw Ronaldo become the player with the most Champions League wins of all-time.
- In 2013-14, Ronaldo set the record for the most goals in a Champions League season with 17.
- Ronaldo scored seven Champions League hat-tricks for Real Madrid and one for Juventus, leaving him tied with Lionel Messi for the most in the history of the competition.
- Ronaldo was the fastest player to score 150, 200 and 300 La Liga goals.
- Ronaldo holds the Real Madrid record for the most goals scored in El Clásico matches with 18.
- Ronaldo scored a record 22 goals in Madrid derby matches.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portugal Records
- Ronaldo is the leading scorer in the history of international football with 117 goals in 191 caps.
- Although injured in the final, Ronaldo starred as Portugal won their only major trophy at the 2016 European Championships.
- Ronaldo scored three and assisted three in the tournament, earning a place in the Team of the Tournament and the Silver Ball.
- Only two players (Bader al-Mutawa and Soh Chin Ann) have more international caps than Ronaldo.
- Ronaldo has the most international caps as captain with 128.
- Ronaldo has 45 more caps for Portugal than any other player.
- His total of 32 assists is more than any other player has achieved for Portugal.
- In October 2021, Ronaldo became the first player to score 10 international hat-tricks during Portugal’s 5-0 win over Luxembourg 5-0.
- Ronaldo reached the 2004 European Championship final with Portugal and was named to the Team of the Tournament.
- In 2019, Ronaldo scored 14 goals for Portugal to set a record for the most international goals in a calendar year.
- At over 19 years from his debut to his most recent appearance, Ronaldo has Portugal’s longest international career.
- Ronaldo has played in a record five European Championships, with his 25 appearances is the most of any player.
- He has also won the most matches of any player in European Championship history.
- No player has scored against as many national teams as Ronaldo’s 46.
- At Euro 2004, Ronaldo become the youngest player to represent Portugal at a major tournament and the youngest player to appear in a European Championship final.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s World Cup Records
- Ronaldo has made 17 World Cup appearances across the 2006, 2010, 2014 and 2018 tournaments.
- The 2006 World Cup was the only time Ronaldo made it past the round of 16 with Portugal finishing fourth after losing to France in the semi-final.
- Ronaldo has scored seven goals in his 17 World Cup appearances, and has found the net in each of his four World Cups.
- His hat-trick in the 3-3 draw with Spain at the 2018 World Cup was the 51st in tournament history and just the third by a Portugal player.
- That hat-trick also made Ronaldo (33 years, 130 days) the oldest player to score a World Cup hat-trick.
- Ronaldo is one of 14 players to play in four World Cups in the 21st century.
- Ronaldo is one of four players to score in four World Cups alongside Miroslav Klose, Pele and Uwe Seeler.