A real veteran of the sports betting industry having been founded over four decades ago, Boyle Sports carries a well-deserved positive reputation.
- Consistent coverage of less popular sports
- Excellent app on Apple and Android
- Free accas available with qualifying criteria
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Account & Payment method restrictions apply. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. T&Cs apply. T&Cs apply.
Boyle Sports puts the effort in with niche sports like curling which sets it apart from many of its competitors in this area.
Why we like Boyle Sports
Boyle Sports’ app is popular across various mobile devices new and old. Punters who like an accumulator are generously rewarded. There is no shortage of sports to wager on thanks to their comprehensive list, which includes more niche sports like curling. Aside from the odd complaint about slow email replies, Boyle Sports’ customer service is excellent, too.
What Boyle Sports offers you
- Representation of lesser-known sports: You will find markets on all manner of niche sports on Boyle Sports, including curling. More sports are available than at many of their competitors.
- Constant promotions: Punters will always have fresh promotions to check out on Boyle Sports. They are renowned for offering sport-specific promos alongside their more general deals. Curling fans will benefit from this during events such as the Winter Olympics.
- User-friendly app: Every website feature is available on the Boyle Sports app, including their live streams and in-play markets.
- Acca boosts: You can land acca rewards at Boyle Sports, with a free bet available if just one leg of your wager doesn’t land. Their Acca Loyalty also leads to a free wager for every five accumulators placed if certain criteria are met.
With well over a century of experience, Ladbrokes is one of the biggest brands in sports betting. They remain at the forefront of the industry since merging with Coral in 2016.
- Go-to platform for betting on curling and other niche sports
- Able to boost odds on a chosen wager
- Wide range of betting markets
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 4x £5 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions + T&Cs apply.
Ladbrokes’ status as a leader in providing odds on niche sports makes it an important player for those wanting to bet on curling.
Why we like Ladbrokes
You always have a selection of sports and markets with Ladbrokes, with curling being covered well. Being able to boost odds on each wager opens up greater value, and their customer service has been well-received by most punters. Promotions are available for plenty of sports, with Ladbrokes going all-out for major events with free bets and insurance offers. Curling fans will be able to take advantage of promos for events such as the Winter Olympics.
What Ladbrokes offers you
- Visa Direct Faster Funds: While only available with selected banks, you can use Visa Direct Faster Funds to receive your funds in under four hours.
- Range of betting markets and sports covered: Ladbrokes takes less-popular sports seriously, allowing bettors to place wagers on events taking place all over the world regardless of the audience. Therefore curling punters will be able to find plenty of betting options.
- Odds Boost: Qualifying punters receive an odds-boost token each day to use on a wager of their choice.
- Early Payout Market: Ladbrokes have a history of running early payout markets on select events, including paying out a winner if a team goes two goals up.
First making its name as a betting exchange, Betfair launched its fixed-odds sportsbook over a decade ago.
- Highly regarded for its in-play betting options
- Strong welcome offer for new customers
- Mobile apps have excellent reviews
New customer offer. Place a min £5 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £20 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards will qualify. T&Cs apply.
Betfair has gone from strength to strength since founding its sportsbook, and belongs among the best curling betting sites in 2023.
Why we like Betfair
From sign-up to withdrawing cash and everything in between, Betfair provides a great experience for punters. New customers can experiment on the quick-loading website or polished app with a decent free bet. Once you’re accustomed with the platform, you can delve into their impressive in-play options or try your hand at their exchange. Curling fans will be able to make their selections as the action unfolds.
What Betfair offers you
- Extensive in-play betting: Few sites can compete with Betfair’s in-play system. It automatically updates odds every few seconds, and there are no delays when placing wagers, ensuring you receive price on the screen. Therefore those who enjoy wagering on curling will be able to bet between rocks or ends.
- Worthwhile welcome offer: Betfair’s welcome bonus is simple to qualify for and immediately places £30 of free bets into your account.
- Top-tier mobile apps: Everything that is great about the Betfair website is mirrored in their Apple and Android apps.
- Exchange service: You can seamlessly switch between the standard Betfair sportsbook and their betting exchange.
Something of a newbie among the best curling betting sites in the UK, MobileWins was founded little over a decade ago.
- Standout, easy-to-qualify welcome offer
- Quick, helpful customer support
- Informative website which helps curling punters make their selections
New Players Only. Opt-in required. Minimum $/€/£10 qualifying bets, stake not returned. Free bet is a one-time stake of $/€/£30, minimum odds of 1.5, stake is not returned. 1X wagering the winnings. Wagering occurs from real balance first. Wagering requirement is calculated on bonus bets only, wagering starts from real funds. Maximum Conversion $/€/£200. Valid for 7 Days from issue. Excluded Skrill deposits. Full Terms apply. 18+
MobileWins delivers a modern-looking website and a straight-to-the-point welcome offer.
Why we like MobileWins
There is no hassle with unlocking the excellent MobileWins welcome offer, and the website runs very well whether browsing or wanting to place a couple of quick wagers. Their customer support has rightly been praised by many bettors.
What MobileWins offers you
- Promotions: MobileWins have a range of promos and offers to keep new and existing customers interested.
- Customer support round the clock: Live chat is available on MobileWins 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The team is friendly and quick to address issues.
- Engaging and practical website: Loading times are rapid and bets can be placed without leaving the home screen on the MobileWins website. Look out for offers across the top of the screen, and check out their guides and tips sections.
- Improving experience: As one of the new kids on the block, MobileWins is still establishing itself, which means improvements to the site and new promotions come along on a regular basis. Curling enthusiasts should be able to benefit from this at the Winter Olympics and other major winter sports events.
Sportingbet is far from the biggest bookmaker in the UK, yet it has built a hefty base of casual punters. It is a great option for those betting less frequently and using lower stakes.
- High odds
- Excellent app
- Slick in-play betting service
This Promotion is available to Website customers who: are over 18 years old; are a new player with sportingbet.com; are resident in the United Kingdom. This offer is available to 1 person per household. 18+. T&C Apply.
Sportingbet has an excellent user experience on desktop or mobile, paired with a strikingly good odds.
Why we like Sportingbet
First off, Sportingbet stands out for its odds, with punters able to benefit from competitive odds on curling. The smoother in-play betting process also contributes to it being among the best curling betting sites in 2023. The interface, reliability and loading times are perhaps the most important factor.
What Sportingbet offers you
- High odds across the board: Curling punters can benefit from competitive odds. Sportingbet has become known for providing high odds across all sports. You will often find their prices to be favourable when comparing with other leading bookmakers.
- Impressive app: Everything you find on the website is available through the Sportingbet app. There are no obvious faults with the app on Apple or Android, such is the quality of the design.
- Large list of payment options: Chances are your preferred payment method is available with Sportingbet. Transactions to deposit or withdraw are quick to process.
- Multi Generator: For fans of accumulators, Sportingbet’s Multi Generator could be a useful tool. Their sliders allow you to view by ‘odds per selection’ or ‘winnings more than’.
How our experts choose the best sites to bet on Curling
A lot goes into choosing the best curling betting sites. At Betting.com, we have tried out a range of bookies, comparing their welcome offers, live streaming, website usability and much more. Our experts weigh up the pros and cons of each bookmaker to decide on the best curling betting sites in the UK.
Sam Cox: I am looking for a bookmaker without obvious weaknesses when trying to choose the top online curling betting site. A compelling set of promotions should be complemented by a flexible and functional website. Positively reviewed customer service is also very important. For curling I am looking to bookmakers who cover niche sports and who put focus into major events, such as the Winter Olympics.
Compare the best Curling betting sites of 2023
Bookies do not place curling at the forefront of their promotional material. When trying to select the best online curling betting sites in the UK, it is about taking in all a bookmaker has to offer from their odds to sign-up deals and customer service options. Obviously some bookies are better than others with their coverage of less mainstream sports, while others will provide excellent coverage of sports like curling when focussing on big multi-sport events like the Winter Olympics.
Parts of evaluating a bookmaker are the same for any punter. Other elements will change depending on each bettor and their tendencies. It is helpful to try different bookies out and draw your own conclusions – the comparison below is a good starting point.
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Full Review|
|Boyle Sports||4.6/5||Niche sports||Review|
|Ladbrokes||4.5/5||Range of markets||Review|
|MobileWins||4.3/5||Straight-forward welcome bonus|
How to choose the best site for you
Every bettor has their own priorities when choosing their favourite online curling betting sites. It is important for punters to experiment themselves before settling on a platform, as you might find a website you prefer over the others.
To focus the process of choosing the best site for you, here are some criteria to follow:
- Find a properly licensed site: To make sure your banking details and data are safe, you must play on a licensed website.
- Weigh-up welcome offers: Every bookmaker has at least one welcome offer, but they are not all the same. Select a bookmaker with a welcome offer which suits how you bet both in how you qualify for the promotion and what it is applicable to.
- Search for curling odds: If your main focus is betting on curling, take a look at which curling odds each bookmaker has available. Compare the prices available to discover which bookie offers the best value.
- Analyse available payment methods: It makes sense to use a bookmaker which offers a range of payment methods. The best curling betting sites will have multiple ways to deposit and withdraw money with updated security technology.
- Research what others think: Reputations exist for a reason in sports betting. It’s a good sign if a bookmaker retains its punters.
- Try the app: Mobile betting is a staple of sports betting in the 2020s. An intuitive, reliable app can be a good tiebreaker between two bookmakers, such is the prominence and convenience of being able to wager on the move.
- Examine their sign-up system: It should be easy enough to sign up with an online bookmaker. When you think you’ve settled on a favourite bookie, have a go at signing up to see how smoothly the process runs. Some checks can lead to minor delays.
Betting on Curling explained
Evidence in Scotland suggests curling has been around since the 16th century. A sport of four-person teams, each group has eight stones, and shoots for a circular target at the other end of the ice.
The goal is to accumulate the most points throughout the game, which is made up of 10 ends. Points are given out to the team with the stone closest to the centre of the ‘house’ once each end is finished.
As a sport with relatively limited audiences, it is not always easy to find odds on curling. The best curling betting sites in the UK will make sure the sport is covered even outside Olympic years.
There is a lot to consider when making your curling picks. Recent form is always worth checking out, and it is worthwhile taking a look at how a team has performed in similar events in the past, too. Keep an eye out for home advantage.
Types of Curling bets
Curling is different in its aim and scoring to many of the bigger sports around the world. The types of betting markets available on curling are very familiar, however.
Make sure you are clear with how each market works before placing your curling wagers.
The simplest of curling bets to place, you can place a wager on who will win a specific match. Bookies will sometimes list this as the ‘moneyline’.
Betting on the total means placing a wager on the combined score to be more or less than a number set by the bookmaker.
A favourite will be given a handicap like -3.5. This means the favourite would need to win by four points for your bet to land.
Sometimes referred to as ‘futures’, outright betting includes betting on individual awards or tournament winners. For instance, before the curling begins at the Winter Olympics, you could place a wager on Team GB to win gold or back them to land a medal.
Curling betting strategies
Each punter will have their own priorities when compiling a curling betting strategy. Research can be time consuming, but it is a vital part of the placing a curling wager. Be prepared to do some digging to find the information.
Popular Curling events to bet on
Curling has a lot of events on the schedule throughout the year for bettors to get stuck into. Here are some of the competitions which attract the most fans from around the world.
- Winter Olympics: Curling first featured at the Winter Olympics in 1924 before being a demonstration sport in 1932. It only became a staple of the Olympic program in 1998, with mixed doubles joining for 2018 and 2022. Canada are the most successful nation in Olympic curling history with 12 medals. Get ready to place your curling bets on the best Winter Olympics betting sites.
- World Championships: Held every year, the curling World Championships are split into men’s, women’s and mixed doubles with senior and junior events also taking place. The men’s event was founded back in 1959, with the women’s competition first taking place 20 years later. Each qualifying nation is represented by one team, with a round-robin preliminary setting up a knockout phase.
- Tim Hortons Brier: The most watched curling event worldwide, Tim Hortons Brier is the annual men’s Canadian championship. It features 16 teams, with the winners of the tournament representing Canada at the men’s World Championships. Brad Gushue, a two-time Olympic medallist, holds the all-time record for the most Brier game wins as skip.