Mykhaylo Mudryk has scored 11 goals in 18 matches for Shakhtar Donetsk this season.
Arsenal are after attacking reinforcements with Gabriel Jesus set for a lengthy period on the sidelines, while Chelsea have also been suggested as a landing spot for the Ukrainian.
Mudryk shone in the Champions League this season, and previously said it is “every player’s dream” to play in the Premier League.
Shakhtar Donetsk value their young star at around £85 million, however.
When asked whether Mudryk will leave in January, Shakhtar CEO Sergei Palkin said: “To be honest, I do not know. At the moment, we are quite far from what we want and what clubs propose. It’s not so far but it is not what we need.
“We have discussions. One club, another club, they negotiate. We are in the process. Will it close this month? I don’t know. It is maybe 50-50 with regards to the winter transfer window. I don’t want to talk about figures now…
“Every day, I read about another English club. If you believe the newspapers, it is all of (the English clubs). But to be honest, it is true as I have had contact from many clubs. A lot of them are involved in this process.”
We have covered everything you need to know about Mudryk.
Mykhaylo Mudryk’s Shakhtar Donetsk Career
- Mudryk has made 45 appearances and scored 13 goals for Shakthar Donetsk since debuting in 2018-19.
- Mudryk was named Shakhtar Donetsk Player of the Year in 2021.
- Mudryk has loan spells with Arsenal Kyiv and Desna Chernihiv in 2018-19 and 2020-21 respectively, making 10 appearances for the former and 11 for the latter.
- Mudryk made his Shakhtar debut in a Ukrainian Cup match against Olimpik Donetsk in October 2018.
- In 2019-20, he appeared in three Ukrainian Premier League matches as Shakhtar won the title.
- The 2021-22 season was a breakthrough for Mudryk, with 19 appearances in all competitions including his first Champions League outing.
- Mudryk scored his first Champions League goal in a win over RB Leipzig during the 2022-23 group stage.
- He also found the net in both matches against Celtic, finishing the group stage with three goals and two assists.
- Mudryk registered four goal contributions in his last four appearances before the World Cup break in 2022.
Mykhaylo Mudryk’s Ukraine Career
- Mudryk has eight caps for Ukraine, the first of which came in a friendly against Borussia Monchengladbach as part of the Global Tour For Peace in May 2022.
- Mudryk played for the under-21s on 16 occasions, scoring three goals.
- He made 11 appearances for the under-19s, eight for the under-17s and nine for the under-16s, scoring 11 goals across those three age groups.
Mykhaylo Mudryk’s Youth Career
- Mudryk began his career in the Metalist Kharkiv academy before joining Dnipro in 2014.
- Mudryk departed Dnipro two years later to become a part of the Shakhtar Donetsk academy where he joined the under-21 team during the 2018-19 campaign.
- Mudryk scored a couple of goals in preseason ahead of the 2021-22, cementing a place in Shakhtar’s first-team squad.