Kylian Mbappe Career Achievements, Records & Stats
Still only 23 years old, France and Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappé has achieved enormous success for club and country since exploding onto the scene as a teenager.
Kylian Mbappé began his football career in the AS Bondy academy. After joining Clairefontaine, he quickly attracted attention from the world’s biggest clubs, receiving invites from Real Madrid and Chelsea before joining Monaco.
In late 2015, at just 16 years old, Mbappé was brought into the B-team and immediately impressed, earning a call-up to the senior team just weeks later.
Already in the mix for a Ballon d’Or, Mbappé has around a decade left at the top of his game. Let’s take a look at what he’s achieved thus far.
Kylian Mbappé’s Monaco Achievements
- Monaco won the 2016-17 Ligue 1 title with Mbappé scoring 26 goals in all competitions.
- His first hat-trick came in a hammering of Rennes in December 2016 and his first Ligue 1 hat-trick followed in February 2017.
- Mbappé scored his first ever Champions League goal against Manchester City in February 2017.
- Mbappé made his senior debut in December 2015 against Caen, becoming Monaco’s youngest-ever first team player.
- His first goal for the senior team came in February 2016, again breaking a club record set by legendary striker Thierry Henry.
- Mbappé found the net in the last 16, quarter-final and semi-final of the 2016-17 Champions League before Monaco were knocked out by Juventus in the last four
- In August 2017, it was announced that Mbappé was joining Paris Saint Germain on loan with a subsequent fee of €145 million plus €35 million in add-ons.
- That move made Mbappé the most expensive teenager ever and the second-most expensive player of all-time.
Kylian Mbappé’s PSG Achievements
- Mbappé has won Ligue 1 top scorer in four consecutive seasons since joining PSG.
- He scored 33 goals in 29 appearances in 2018-19, 18 in 20 in 2019-20, 27 in 31 in 2020-21 and 28 in 35 in 2021-22.
- The Frenchman has been named Ligue 1 Player of the Year on three occasions in 2018-19, 2020-21 and 2021-22.
- Mbappé overtook Zlatan Ibrahimovic to move to second on PSG’s all-time goal scoring list in February 2022.
- The 2021-22 season saw Mbappé become the first player to top the scoring and assist charts in the same campaign in Ligue 1 history.
- In December 2017, Mbappé became the youngest player to score 10 Champions League goals.
- Mbappé has won four Ligue 1 titles (2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2021-22) with PSG and was a runner-up in the 2019-20 Champions League.
- He has lifted the Coupe de France three times since signing with Les Parisiens.
- Mbappé scored four goals in 13 minutes in a win over Lyon in October 2018, which made him the youngest player to score four in a Ligue 1 match in 45 years.
- He scored his 100th league goal for PSG against his former team Monaco in December 2021.
- In February 2021, he became only the third player ever to score a Champions League hat-trick against Barcelona.
- Mbappé scored on his Ligue 1 and Champions League debuts for PSG in September 2017.
- In December 2018, he was the first ever winner of the Kopa Trophy, which is awarded to the best player in the world under the age of 21.
Kylian Mbappé France Achievements
- Mbappé won the 2018 World Cup with France and was named the tournament’s Best Young Player for his performances.
- Mbappé is joint-10th on the all-time France scoring list with 28 goals in 58 caps.
- Mbappé starred for France under-19s at the 2016 Euros and was called up to the senior team for the first time in March 2017.
- On March 25th 2017, Mbappé debuted against Luxembourg to become Les Bleus’ second youngest player ever.
- His first goal for the senior team came against the Netherlands in August 2017.
- Mbappé scored two and assisted two across the Nations League semi-final and final in 2021.
- France won the Nations League and Mbappé was awarded the Golden Boot.
Kylian Mbappé World Cup Achievements
- Mbappé scored from distance as France beat Croatia in the 2018 World Cup final to become just the second teenager, after Brazil icon Pelé, score in a World Cup final.
- His first World Cup goal was scored in France’s 1-0 group stage win over Peru in 2018, where he became France’s youngest ever World Cup goalscorer.
- A brace in a 4-3 knockout win over Argentina made Mbappé just the second teenager in World Cup history to score twice in a match.
- Mbappé was voted by fans into the 2018 World Cup Dream Team.
- Mbappé scored four goals against Kazakhstan in an 8-0 win as France qualified for the 2022 World Cup.