Harry Kane Career Achievements, Records & Stats
England and Tottenham striker Harry Kane has been among the elite strikers in world football for most of the last decade, excelling for club and country.
In with a shot at breaking Alan Shearer’s Premier League goalscoring record and within striking distance of becoming England’s all-time top scorer, Kane has had a limited amount of team success, but his individual achievements are phenomenal.
Links with a move away from boyhood club Tottenham have never materialised. And while injuries have been an issue at times, Kane has overcome those concerns and adapted his game to compensate for a decrease in his mobility.
Here is a look at Kane’s career to date from a string of loans to becoming one of the best players on the planet.
Harry Kane’s Tottenham Achievements
- Kane trails only Jimmy Greaves in the Tottenham goalscoring charts with 260 goals in 406 appearances for the north London club.
- He is a three-time Golden Boot winner, having finished as the Premier League top scorer in 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18.
- Kane scored 25 in 38 league appearances in 2015-16, 29 in 30 in 2016-17 and 30 in 37 in 2017-18.
- From 2014-15 through to 2021-22, Kane has scored at least 17 goals in every Premier League season.
- Along with the Golden Boot, Kane also won Playmaker of the Season in 2021-22.
- In January 2018, Kane overtook Teddy Sheringham to become Tottenham’s all-time leading Premier League goalscorer.
- A goal against Borussia Dortmund in March 2019 made Kane Spurs’ top scorer in European competition.
- Kane made his first Premier League start in April 2014, which also included his first Premier League goal during a 5-1 win over Sunderland.
- Kane scored his first Tottenham hat-trick in October 2014 against Asteras Tripoli.
- His first Champions League hat-trick was scored in September 2017, against APOEL.
- Kane has been named Tottenham’s Player of the Season on two occasions, first in 2014-15 and for a second time in 2020-21.
- Kane captained Spurs for the first time on 5th April 2015.
- In September 2021, Kane became the first player to score a hat-trick in the Champions League, Europa League and Conference League.
Harry Kane’ Premier League Records
- Wayne Rooney and Alan Shearer are the only players with more Premier League goals than Kane
- Kane is tied with Mohamed Salah and Shearer on three Golden Boots apiece, with only Henry having achieved more.
- Of players to score 100 Premier League goals, only Thierry Henry and Sergio Aguero have scored at a better rate than Kane’s 0.66 goals per match.
- Kane has been named to the PFA Team of the Year on five occasions, including four consecutive seasons from 2014 to 2018.
- Aguero, Shearer and Robbie Fowler are the only players who can better Kane’s tally of eight Premier League hat-tricks.
- In 2017, Kane broke Shearer’s record for the most Premier League goals in a calendar year.
- Kane was the first player in Premier League history to assist four goals for the same player in a match.
- In February 2022, Kane was assisted by Heung-min Son, making the duo the leading goal-scoring partnership in Premier League history.
- Kane has won Premier League Player of the Month on seven occasions, a record he shares with Aguero.
Harry Kane’s England Records
- Kane is England’s second-highest goal scorer of all-time behind Wayne Rooney.
- Kane scored his 49th England goal in March 2022 to pass Gary Lineker and go joint-second with Bobby Charlton.
- Three months later, he scored his 50th to pass Charlton to go outright second on the scoring list behind Rooney.
- Kane made his England debut against Lithuania in 2015, and scored his first goal just 80 seconds after replacing Rooney.
- Kane is the highest scoring England captain of all-time.
- Of Kane’s 73 England caps, 53 have been as skipper, with only five players captaining England on more occasions.
- Kane captained the Three Lions for the first time in June 2017 and scored a late equaliser to snatch a draw against Scotland. He was named England captain for the 2018 World Cup.
- Kane received England Player of the Year in 2017 and 2018.
Harry Kane’s World Cup Records
- Kane scored six goals at the 2018 World Cup, becoming just the second Englishman to win the Golden Boot.
- He scored twice in his first World Cup match against Tunisia.
- Kane followed up with a hat-trick in the win over Panama, following in the footsteps of Geoff Hurst and Gary Lineker by becoming just the third Englishman in history to score a hat-trick at a World Cup.
- His sixth goal of the tournament came against Colombia in the last 16, and he scored in an historic penalty shootout win.
- In qualification for the 2022 World Cup, the Walthamstow native scored back-to-back first-half hat tricks in wins over Albania and San Marino.