Arsenal forward Beth Mead shot to superstardom in the summer of 2022 when the Lionesses made history by beating Germany in the Euro 2022 final at Wembley.
Mead has enjoyed plenty of team success throughout her career while collecting countless individual records and accolades.
Speaking of the final, Mead said: “It was a proud moment for me and a surreal moment – walking out of that tunnel and going to play in front of a home crowd.
“The day in general, the noise in general, the atmosphere was honestly something I’ll never feel or experience again.”
We have covered all you need to know about Mead’s career to date.
Beth Mead’s England Career Achievements
- Mead was the star player for England as they won Euro 2022.
- Mead scored six goals and assisted five on the Lionesses’ route to glory, earning Player of the Tournament and the Golden Boot.
- Mead’s efforts at the Euros contributed to a runner-up placing in Ballon d’Or Féminin voting in 2022 behind Alexia Putellas.
- Mead also finished second to Putellas for UEFA Player of the Year, but was named BBC Women’s Footballer of the Year.
- Mead won 2022 BBC Sports Personality of the Year ahead of Ben Stokes and Ronnie O’Sullivan, becoming the first women’s footballer to ever win the award.
- Mead is the first footballer to win Sports Journalists’ Association Sportswoman of the Year.
- Mead was named England Player of the Year for 2021-22 after winning Young Player of the Year in 2015 and 2016.
- In the 2021-22 season, Mead scored 20 goals to break Jimmy Greaves’ previous record of 13 for the most England goals in a season.
- Mead has scored 29 goals in 50 England caps.
- Mead’s average of 0.58 goals per game is the best mark of the top 10 Lioness goalscorers.
- On 23rd October 2021 against Northern Ireland, Mead became the first woman to score a hat-trick for England at Wembley.
- Mead is the only English player in men’s or women’s football to win Player of the Tournament and the Golden Boot at a Euros or World Cup.
Beth Mead’s Arsenal Career Achievements
- Mead has made 144 appearances for Arsenal in all competitions, scoring 57 goals in the process.
- Mead has scored 52 goals in the Women’s Super League, 37 of which have come during her Arsenal stint.
- Only four players, including teammate Vivianne Miedema, have scored more WSL goals than Mead.
- Mead scored seven goals in 19 appearances as Arsenal won the 2018-19 league title.
- Mead has registered more assists (42) than any other player in Women’s Super League history.
- Mead has won three WSL Player of the Month awards, which is the most since the league was founded.
- After being shifted from central striker to winger, Mead registered a WSL record 12 assists in the 2018-19 season.
- In September 2022, Mead recorded her 93rd WSL goal involvement, placing second on the all-time list.
Beth Mead’s Sunderland Career Achievements
- Mead won the Women’s Premier League with Sunderland in 2011-12 and 2012-13.
- Mead scored 13 in 15 appearances as Sunderland won the Super League 2 title in 2014
- Mead was named North East FWA Player of the Year in 2015.
- The Whitby native was named Sunderland Player of the Year in 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2015-16.
- In 2015, Mead became the youngest Golden Boot winner in WSL history at 20 years old.
- Mead was named WSL Player of the Season in 2015, and was included in the 2015-16 PFA Team of the Year.
- In total, Mead scored 77 goals in 78 matches for Sunderland and was selected to their Team of the Decade in 2019.