This piece offers an in-depth exploration of the top betting platforms in Kentucky, guiding you to select the most suitable option for your betting journey.
Sports Betting Site Regulation in Kentucky at a Glance
✅ You must be 18 years or older to register and bet.
✅ It is one of the newest states in the field of betting.
Top 3 Kentucky Betting Sites of 2023
Several sportsbooks have licenses in Kentucky, but only four are operational. While those sportsbooks all have great reputations, there is always a “better” and “best”.
- Trustworthy reputation
- Comprehensive coverage of sports and leagues
- User-friendly website and mobile app
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER in CO, DC, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MS, NJ, NV, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY. Call 877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369) (NY). Call 1-800-327-5050 (MA). 21+ to wager. Please Gamble Responsibly. Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-981-0023 (PR). In partnership with Kansas Crossing Casino and Hotel. Visit BetMGM.com for Terms & Conditions. US promotional offers not available in DC, Mississippi, Nevada, New York, Ontario or Puerto Rico.
- Live streaming available on selected sports
- Excellent sign-up bonuses
- Easy deposit and withdrawal process
GAMBLING PROBLEM? CALL 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (CO/IL/IN/LA/MD/MI/NJ/OH/PA/TN/VA/WV/WY), (800) 327-5050 or visit gamblinghelplinema.org (MA). Call 877-8-HOPENY/text HOPENY (467369) (NY). Please Gamble Responsibly. Call 1-800-NEXT STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (KS/NH), 888-789-7777/visit ccpg.org (CT), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), or visit OPGR.org (OR). 21+ (18+ NH/WY). Physically present in AZ/CO/CT/IL/IN/IA/KS/LA(select parishes)/MA/MD/MI/NJ/NY/OH/PA/TN/VA/WV/WY only. Void in NH/OR/ONT. Full T&Cs Apply.
- Square Games
- Considerable daily House Specials odds boosts, and insurance promos
- Frequently lowered juice
Must be 21+ and present in AZ, CO, IA, IL, IN, LA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, or WV. Void Where Prohibited. T&C APPLY. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, Call 1-800-GAMBLER (CO, IL, OH, MD, NJ, PA, WV). Call 1-877-8HOPE-NY or Text HOPENY (467369) (NY), 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-877-770-STOP (LA), 1-800-270-7117 (MI), 1-888-532-3500 (VA), or visit www.mdgamblinghelp.org (MD) and www.1800gambler.net (WV).
Best Kentucky Betting Apps
The best licensesd betting sites in Kentucky have their own mobile apps for iOS and Android devices. Here is an overview of each betting app and its best features so you can choose the best one for your playing style.
|Range||Betting app||Why play here?||Go to the application|
|#1||BetMGM||Offers access to extensive sports betting markets and attractive promotions.||Visit|
|#2||Caesars||It has a fluid user interface and an intuitive design for quick and easy betting.||Visit|
|#3||DraftKings||It offers the same betting markets and features as the desktop website equivalent.||Visit|
Best Kentucky Betting Sites for Beginners
If you’re new to sportsbetting than you may not know what to look for in a bookie and can that be overwhelming. Fortunately, any licensed betting site in Kentucky is a safe launch point for beginners, the rest is a matter of preference. You may not have the time to check them all, luckily we have nothing else to do. The table below is our rookie report on the major Kentucky sportsbooks.
|Range||Betting Site||Why play here?||Go to site|
|#1||BetMGM||An intuitive web design and seamless user interface to help you navigate the website and mobile app.||Visit|
|#2||DraftKings||Bigger welcome bonus.||Visit|
|#3||BetRivers||Larger variety of betting options.||Visit|
New Betting Sites in Kentucky
All licensed betting sites in Kentucky are relatively new, as the state only legalized sports betting in 2023. It may be sometime, if ever, before we see any licensed “start-up” bookies.
|Betting Site||Release date|
All Betting Sites Available in Kentucky
Currently, the following sportsbooks are licensed to operate in Kentucky:
Best Betting Bonuses and Promotions in Kentucky
Kentucky allows sportsbooks to offer bonuses and promotions to their players. However, the types of bonuses and promotions allowed in the state are somewhat limited, which is to be expected, given their newness. So you’d be wrong to expert any mind-blowing promotions but that’s usually a sign of a balanced bookie and a more fair experience.
Types of bonuses and promotions available in Kentucky
Bonuses and promotions are limited to these offers, which vary from one sportsbook to another:
- Welcome Bonus – A welcome bonus is available exclusively for new players. Most bookmakers’ welcome bonuses are linked to the player’s first deposit, but some bookmakers also offer no-deposit bonuses.
- Deposit Bonus – A deposit bonus requires you to deposit a minimum amount into your account. Most deposit bonuses are matched using percentages; For example, a 100% deposit bonus means that you will get as much as you deposit as a bonus, while a 50% deposit bonus means that you will get half of the amount you deposit as additional funds to wager.
- No Deposit Bonus : No deposit bonuses are bonuses that are offered for free without depositing money into your account. However, they are rare in Kentucky and generally have strict wagering requirements. Always read the terms and conditions of each sports betting site.
- Second Chance Betting – A second chance bet allows players to bet again if their original bet fails. The bookmaker credits your account with an amount equal to or less than the bet to use for your second chance bet.
- Loyalty Programs – Loyalty programs are designed to reward the most active players through exclusive promotions and premium services, such as personal account managers. They comprise several levels with exclusive offers, and players advance to higher levels when they earn enough points.
Types of bets available in Kentucky
It is essential to know what types of bets you can make before depositing your hard-earned money.
Here’s a quick overview of the six types of allowed bets plus the one under consideration:
- Winner Bet – bets that one team or player will beat the other team or opponent; you simply choose a side you think will win. It is one of the simplest and most popular types of bets.
- Totals (Over/Under) : Based on the total number of points scored by both teams. The bookmaker estimates the total score while you bet whether the estimate will be above or below the bookie’s estimate.
- Point Spread – Betting on a team or player’s margin of victory, where your favorite team must win by a specific number of points. It is especially popular in football and basketball betting.
- Combined – Also known as a Parlay. Combining at least two bets into one bet, increasing the bet’s odds and potential payout. However, all individual bets must win for the accumulator bet to win.
- Teasers – A variation of a parlay bet that allows players to adjust totals and spreads, thus increasing their chance of winning. However, like accumulator bets, all individual bets must win for the teaser bet to pay.
- Live Betting : Betting on games in progress, placing bets while the action is still in progress. In-game betting is more exciting and potentially lucrative than pre-match odds, but betting markets are usually limited to a few selected sports and matches.
Features Available in Kentucky Sports Betting
Different betting sites offer various betting features to enhance your betting experience. The most common sports betting features in Kentucky include the following:
- Live Streaming – A live streaming feature that streams selected games in progress in real time.
- Cash Out – A bet cancellation feature that allows you to stop winning bets to claim your winnings early or cancel losing bets to limit losses.
- Mobile Betting: Using a mobile-responsive website or dedicated iOS or Android apps to bet via your mobile device.
- Geo-Fencing: A location tracker that temporarily disables your betting account when you leave Kentucky.
- Betting History: A complete list of all the bets you have placed in the past.
- Bet Builder – A convenient feature that allows you to select and preview multiple betting markets before betting.
How to Create an Account at a Kentucky Betting Site
Signing up for a player account at any Kentucky sportsbook is quick and easy. However, you must provide accurate identification and contact details. Please read the information below to make sure there are no problems registering on your chosen site.
- Go to your favorite betting site and click on the “Sign Up” tab.
- Fill out the registration form. Most sportsbooks require an official name, a valid email address, an active phone number, and a place of residence.
- Verify your identification and contact details by providing copies of your government-issued identification and proof of residence documents, such as a driver’s license and utility bill.
- Finish registration and start betting.
How to Deposit at a Kentucky Betting Site
You must fund your sports betting account with real money to start betting in Kentucky. Fortunately, the deposit process at most sportsbooks is quick and easy. Be sure to pay extra attention at each step of the process, as some welcome deposits require you to deposit in a particular way.
- Log in to your player account.
- Click on the ‘Deposit’ tab or navigate to the payment page.
- Select your preferred deposit method and enter the amount you wish to deposit.
- Click on the “Deposit” tab.
- The website will redirect you to another page where you must authorize the transfer.
- Go back to your sports betting account and check if the money has been credited.
Most Popular Deposit Methods at Kentucky Betting Sites
Kentucky authorizes several payment methods for sports betting deposits and withdrawals.
|Payment method||Best feature|
|Credit and debit cards||Paying with credit and debit cards is easy, fast and convenient. Accepted credit and debit cards include Visa, MasterCard, Maestro and Discover.|
|Online Wallets||Online wallets are accessible worldwide and support fast and secure transactions. Online wallets include PayPal and Skrill.|
|PayNearMe||PayNearMe connects bettors directly to their sportsbook’s checkout modules and generates unique barcodes that you can use at land-based casinos.|
|Checks||Issuing checks is fast and convenient. Supported check types include traveler’s checks, cashier’s checks, money orders, and certified checks.|
Kentucky Sports Betting Laws and Regulations
Kentucky Sports Betting History
Kentucky, famous for its equine history and the Kentucky Derby, has a long-standing association with betting. Historically, pari-mutuel wagering on horseraces was the bread and butter of the sports betting scene. Pari-mutuel wagering is a betting pool in which those who bet on winners in the first three places share the total amount of money bet minus the bookie’s admin cost. These odds are not fixed and fluctuate until wagering is closed.
However, when it comes to broader sports betting, including online, Kentucky lawmakers have been quite conservative. That is until the 1028 US Supreme Court decision that overturned the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection ACt (PASPA), where the state began to seriously reconsider its stance on comprehensive sports betting. Kentucky lawmakers legalized sports betting in September 2023. Kentucky began accepting applications for sports betting licenses months earlier, but the state did not approve its official sports betting rules until September.
Current situation in Kentucky for sports betting
Sports betting is now legal in Kentucky. The state has licensed several accredited sportsbooks.
Players can fund their accounts and request withdrawals through various payment methods, including credit/debit cards, online wallets and checks.
The next step for sports betting regulation in Kentucky
Kentucky has already passed laws legalizing sports betting and established the necessary infrastructure. However, the state can still do more and appears ready to take the next steps to regulate and add more sports betting operators and general gaming options.
Responsible Gaming in Kentucky
Sports betting is fun, as such, it can become an addictive and costly habit with adverse effects for players, their loved ones, and society at large. Kentucky lawmakers recognize this, which is why they require all sportsbooks to implement responsible gaming features and solutions.
All sportsbooks offer their users options to limit certain activities, including deposit amounts, bet amounts and betting times (self-exclusion plans). Betting sites also provide links and resources for responsible gambling and addiction resources, such as rehab programs and self-help groups.