It’s official – sports betting is now legal in the state of Tennessee as of November 1, 2020! Time to get your bets rolling and start placing wagers. Let us provide you with all the information that you need to know to begin enjoying this exciting new opportunity.
Sport Betting Sites Regulation in Tennessee at a Glance
✅ Legal since 2019, but the first sportsbook was launched in 2020
✅ 12 sports betting sites licensed
✅ No casinos within state lines
✅ The only state with minimum hold provision (10%) for sportsbooks
✅ Legal to bet on both pro and college sports
Top 3 Tennessee Betting Sites
As an online-only betting state, Tennessee allows mobile and online betting for sports fans that like to take betting more seriously than casually betting with their buddies during the big game.
Below are our top three betting sites that are licensed in Tennessee.
|Rank||Betting Site||Why Play Here?||Go to Site|
|#1||BetMGM||Best Markets & Odds||Review|
|#2||FanDuel||Fastest Payouts & Best Odds Boost||Review|
|#3||Caesar’s Sportsbook||Best Welcome Offers||Review|
Best Tennessee Betting Apps
If you’re someone who enjoys betting from the comfort of their phone, then look no further than online betting apps. They provide a much more accessible way to make wagers than websites or desktops.
|Rank||Betting Site||Why Play Here?||Go to Site|
|#2||Caesar’s Sportsbook||Unbeatable Wagers||App Download|
|#3||BetMGM||Weekly Promotions||App Download|
|#4||FanDuel||Same Game Parlays||App Download|
Best Tennessee Betting Sites for Beginners
If you’re new to the sportsbook world, placing your first bets can feel overwhelming. Luckily for us, these betting sites make it easy.
|Rank||Betting Site||Why Play Here?||Go to Site|
|#1||Caesars Sportsbook||Best Welcome Offers||Review|
|#2||BetMGM||Bests Markets & Odds||Review|
|#3||WynnBet||Trusted Brand with Great Security||Review|
|#4||DraftKings||Best User Experience & Promotions||Review|
New Betting Sites in Tennessee
Because Tennessee is relatively new to the betting game, as online betting just went live in November of 2020, betting sites still establish themselves in this new market industry. Let’s see what some of the latest betting sites have secured their spot in Tennessee.
|Betting Site||Date of launch||Go to site|
|Hard Rock Sportsbook||September 6,2022||Review|
|Betly Sportsbook||August 16, 2022||Review|
|SuperBook Sports||April 27, 2022||Review|
All Betting Sites Available in Tennessee
- Tennessee Action 24/7
- Caesars Sportsbook
- Barstool Sportsbook
- SuperBook Sports
- Betly Sportsbook
- Hard Rock Sportsbook
- Fubo Sportsbook (TBD)
- Bally Bet (TBD)
- ZenSports (TBD)
Best Tennessee Betting Sites Bonuses and Promotions
Most Tennessee betting sites offer a variety of bonuses and promotions to encourage new players to sign up and reward existing bettors. Many of these bonuses and promotions require a playthrough before players can cash out their earnings.
Ongoing Bonuses and Promotions
Many betting sites offer existing users different bonuses and promotions to increase player retention and client satisfaction. Some common ongoing promotions include:
- Free Bets: Free bets allow users to make a wager without any of their own cash attached.
- Free-to-Play Games: Free-to-play bonuses allow players to place a bet without any risk.
- Enhanced Odds: Enhanced odds are a great promotion to boost your chance of winning more money.
Type of Bonuses and Promotions Available in Tennessee
Here, I have compiled a general list of promotions and bonuses that you may come across as you begin placing wagers.
- Deposit Bonus: This bonus is a reward placed in your sportsbook account simply for signing up with a Tennessee betting site and making a deposit.
- Deposit Match: Once users make their first deposit, some sportsbook platforms continually award them a deposit match up to a certain amount.
- Risk-Free Bonus: With a risk-free bonus, if your wager loses, your stake is refunded up to a certain amount.
- Odds Boost: Odds boosts help Tennessee bettors by increasing the odds of a specific market, granting bettors a higher payout.
Type of Bets Available in Tennessee
Bettors have many options for placing wagers and collecting on big prize pots. Here are a few common types of bets that you will likely see in the Tennessee betting markets:
- Moneyline: Moneyline betting is when a bettor places a wager on a team or player to win a particular game with pre-set moneyline odds determined by the sportsbook.
- Spread: This is the most popular type of sports bet, in which a team or player is favored by a certain number of goals or points throughout a specified game. Think of this type of bet as leveling the playing field.
- Over/Unders: Bettors can place a wager on how many combined points will be scored during a game and whether it is over or under the preset points total set by the betting site.
- Futures: Bettors can place a wager on a team or player for a future outcome in the season. For example, the winner of the NCAA tournament would be placed before or sometime during the college basketball season.
Popular Sports and Leagues to Bet on in Tennessee
Tennessee betting sites feature most of the major sporting leagues and events you would imagine for a state that loves its sports.
- Football – If you are a football fanatic, join the squad of bettors that place wagers on the NFL, CFL, and NCAA.
- Basketball – If you dream of cross-court hoops and slam dunks, make a slam dunk by betting on the NBA, WNBA, NCAA, and EuroLeague.
- Hockey – Throw a wager or two into the betting “rink” for your favorite NHL games.
- Baseball – You may make a home run on that MLB wager you’ve been watching.
- College Basketball – College basketball has a foothold in our country, and Tennessee is no different. Place bets on the NCAAB to win some extra green.
- College Football – If you prefer watching alma mater games to the NFL, place a few wagers on your favorite NCAAF games of the season.
Features Available on a Tennessee Sports Betting Site
- Customer Support: Navigating a new sportsbook platform can be confusing. This is a prime example of what customer support is there for. Some betting sites have live chat features, while others offer phone assistance or help via email.
- Wide Betting Markets: Tennessee sports betting sites offer a wide array of betting markets for every bettor to find their niche.
- Odds: There is no need to go further than your betting site’s odds page to see the odds for the various games and events. This information will help you make informed decisions as you hit the betting lines.
- Easy-to-Use Mobile Access: With the world at our fingertips through mobile phones, why can’t betting be the same? Especially in Tennessee, with the regulations only allowing online and mobile betting, picking a betting platform with an easy-to-use mobile interface is more important than ever.
How to Create an Account on a Tennessee Betting Site:
Are you ready to take the plunge and start wagering? Here are a few simple steps leading you closer to claiming the jackpot of your dreams.
- Choose your favorite Tennessee sportsbook. I have provided a few top contenders for high-quality betting sites in Tennessee. It’s your turn to pick a location based on your sport and betting preferences.
- Create your account. As you sign up, you can expect to fill out information like your name, address, phone number, and birthdate. You may also be asked to provide the last four digits of your social security number, and you will be asked to create a unique username and password for the site.
- Make a deposit. You will likely need to make a preliminary deposit to get started betting and take advantage of some of those welcome offers.
- Make your first wager. It’s going time! Do your research and hit the betting lines. Good luck!
How to Deposit on a Tennessee Betting Site
Before making any bets, you must deposit money into your account. Because credit cards are banned for gambling in Tennessee, many other depositing options have been made available. Let’s walk through how to deposit into your Tennessee betting account.
- Permitted deposit methods include debit cards, electronic bank transfers, online and mobile payment systems.
- Attach your deposit method to your account. When you sign up with your chosen betting site, you must enter payment information for future payments and withdrawals. Choose your deposit method from those permitted in Tennessee, and you’re all set.
- Collect your welcome bonus. Many betting sites in Tennessee offer a handsome welcome bonus to incentivize new players to place wagers quickly after signing up. Cash in that bad boy and get betting.
- Place your first wager. After checking out the latest odds and determining your picks, make your wager and hope for the best!
Most Popular Deposit Methods on Tennessee Betting Sites
Tennessee sportsbooks offer bettors a wide range of payment and deposit options to facilitate cash flow from their accounts. Some of the most popular methods include:
- PayPal: This e-wallet app is easy to transfer funds in and out of your bank account with minimal fees.
- Debit Cards: Before you attach your card to your betting site account, ensure you will not incur high transfer fees. Visa and Mastercard are the best options if you intend to use a card for payments and withdrawals.
- Bank Transfer: This is an easy way to set up a seamless connection between your bank and sports betting accounts without any hassle.
Sports Betting Law and Regulations in Tennessee
With Tennessee relatively new to the online betting world, knowing and understanding the laws you must follow when placing wagers is important. Let’s unravel this together.
Tennessee Sports Betting History
Online sports betting legislation was passed in April 2019 and officially became legal that July. This legislation made Tennessee the first online-only betting state, meaning that no casinos or physical sportsbooks are allowed in Tennessee. Online betting went live in November 2020, and the industry hasn’t looked back.
Current Situation in Tennessee for Sports Betting
Tennessee bettors are limited to online betting, as in-person sportsbooks have yet to launch operation. To date, 12 operational betting sites exist for residents of the state. Unfortunately, other forms of gambling remain illegal, including casinos and racetracks on property grounds.
The Next Step for Sports Betting Regulation in Tennessee
We are sure that Tennessee will continue to welcome new sportsbook platforms to operate in state lines as sports betting gains popularity and brings in more money. Changes to legislation concerning other forms of gambling or the permission of brick-and-mortar sportsbooks will depend on lawmakers in the future.
Responsible Gambling in Tennessee
Gambling may be a fun and exciting hobby to some, but it can also come with a few downsides, so you must always gamble responsibly. The state of Tennessee offers resources and support to problem gamblers and their families through avenues like counseling, clinical treatment, and support groups.
Tennessee Sports Betting Tax Rate
Gambling aficionados rejoice! In Tennessee, not only do sportsbooks have to shell out 20% tax on their gross gaming revenue, but bettors also don’t need to pay any taxes on their winnings – making it perfect for avid gamblers.