Having launched its sportsbook interface in 2018, DraftKings has quickly become a reputable site for the college basketball market.
- Offers free-to-play and pay-to-play options
- Prop betting options
GAMBLING PROBLEM? CALL 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (CO/IL/IN/LA/MD/MI/NJ/OH/PA/TN/VA/WV/WY), (800) 327-5050 or visit gamblinghelplinema.org (MA). Call 877-8-HOPENY/text HOPENY (467369) (NY). Please Gamble Responsibly. Call 1-800-NEXT STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (KS/NH), 888-789-7777/visit ccpg.org (CT), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), or visit OPGR.org (OR). 21+ (18+ NH/WY). Physically present in AZ/CO/CT/IL/IN/IA/KS/LA(select parishes)/MA/MD/MI/NJ/NY/OH/PA/TN/VA/WV/WY only. Void in NH/OR/ONT. Full T&Cs Apply.
DraftKings made this list because of its low minimum deposit, daily customer competitions, and outstanding loyalty program.
Why We Like DraftKings
DraftKings Sportsbook is quick to release the NCAAB betting lines, has tons of player and game props in available states, and has a low minimum deposit of $5. This is the perfect sportsbook site for the casual or first-time NCAAB bettor, especially because of its simple and straightforward user interface.
What DraftKings Offers You
- Free-to-Play Contests – There’s no need to put down a deposit when there are competitions you can enter for free.
- Short-Term Sportsbook Promos – These include profit boosts, bonus bets, and parlay boosts.
- Daily Competitions – You can win cash prizes on a daily basis with the competitions offered on the platform, covering ten sports for betting.
- Immediate Payouts – Why wait when you could redeem your cash now?
This self-declared “King of Sports Betting” makes betting on your NCAAB teams easy and accessible, with endless opportunities.
- Free live streaming of certain games
- Live betting
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER in CO, DC, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MS, NJ, NV, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY. Call 877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369) (NY). Call 1-800-327-5050 (MA). 21+ to wager. Please Gamble Responsibly. Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-981-0023 (PR). In partnership with Kansas Crossing Casino and Hotel. Visit BetMGM.com for Terms & Conditions. US promotional offers not available in DC, Mississippi, Nevada, New York, Ontario or Puerto Rico.
BetMGM is one of the top sportsbooks in the industry because of its risk-free first bet offer and extensive existing customer perks.
Why We Like BetMGM:
This college basketball betting interface is user-friendly and has a huge array of NCAAB props available in permitted states. Moreover, your first college basketball bet is covered, whether you win or lose. With its helpful customer service line, promotions, customer perks, and high college basketball odds, once you start betting with BetMGM, there’s no going back.
What BetMGM Offers You:
- Frequent Bonus Bets – BetMGM frequently has bonus bet promotions that will allow you to make a second bet of a lesser value after placing a first bet.
- Slick Search Feature – This feature will help you find bets on less popular sports or games.
- Easy Parlay Feature – This feature helps you quickly place parlays on games or sports in real-time.
Backed by one of the world’s largest gaming brands, Caesars Sportsbook is user-friendly with a comprehensive spread of the sport market.
- Top tier applications
- Player rewards programs
Offer valid and must be physically present in AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, or WY. 21+. See Caesars.com/promos for full terms. Know When To Stop Before You Start.® Gambling Problem? IL, MD, NJ, OH, TN, VA, WV, PA: If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) or MD: visit mdgamblinghelp.org or WV: visit 1800gambler.net; AZ: Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP; CO, WY, KS: Call 1-800-522-4700; IN: Call 1-800-9-WITH-IT; IA: Call 1-800-BETSOFF; LA: Call 1-877-770-STOP; MI: Call 1-800-270-7117. GAMBLING PROBLEM? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. MA: CALL 1-800-327-5050 or visit gamblinghelplinema.org. NY: Call 877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369).
With great payouts and appealing NCAAB odds, Caesars Sportsbook is an unmatched platform for bettors across the globe.
Why We Like Caesars Sportsbook
With regular updates and a user-friendly interface, bettors on Caesars will find college basketball betting easy to navigate. The extensive list of sports markets keeps betting new and exciting. Explore the incredible welcome offers, regular promotions, boosted odds, and quick payouts directly from your phone on the Caesars App.
What Caesars Sportsbook Offers You
- Early Cash Out – You can settle your wager before an event wraps-up with the early cash out feature.
- Casino Option – Sportsbook users can gain access to Caesars Casino directly through the app on their mobile device.
- Microbetting – This feature allows bettors to place wagers on every play.
- Live Stream Option – This sportsbook was the first of its kind to include domestic play-by-play betting via live stream technology.
BetRivers was established in 2012 and has become one of the most exciting college basketball betting platforms on the market.
- Weekly bonuses
- Live betting
- Betting insurance option
Must be 21+ and present in AZ, CO, IA, IL, IN, LA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, or WV. Void Where Prohibited. T&C APPLY. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, Call 1-800-GAMBLER (CO, IL, OH, MD, NJ, PA, WV). Call 1-877-8HOPE-NY or Text HOPENY (467369) (NY), 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-877-770-STOP (LA), 1-800-270-7117 (MI), 1-888-532-3500 (VA), or visit www.mdgamblinghelp.org (MD) and www.1800gambler.net (WV).
The platform is known for its in-game betting opportunities and providing an enjoyable experience from tipoff to the final whistle.
Why We Like BetRivers
BetRivers provides four distinct sign-up offers to its customers, which is relatively higher than industry standards, and providing reasonable terms on all bonus cashouts. They have instant withdrawals with a minimum of $10 when using the BetRivers Play+ card.
What BetRivers Offers You
· Strong suite of bonuses – They are an industry leader in bonuses.
· Quick and reliable payouts – BetRivers ensures you receive your winnings promptly as they have partnered with banking options that allow quick and reliable payouts.
· Stats hub – There is an icon next to the game that provides an in-depth stats section that is easy to browse and is helpful.
· Odds boost – BetRivers has a “House Specials” section that presents boosted odds every day for different game events.
bet365 is a practical choice for NCAAB betting, thanks to its detailed market coverage and futures odds, enhanced by user-friendly features like Same Game Parlay+.
- Boosted Odds
- Great for parlays
- Great odds on futures
- Multiple in-app betting features
- Good NCAAB coverage
Must be 21+ and physically present in AZ, CO, IA, NJ, OH and VA. New Customers only. Sign up, deposit (minimum $10) to your account and place a qualifying bet. Bonus Bets winnings are added to Bonus Bets balance. Bonus Bet wager excluded from returns. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, Call 1-800-GAMBLER (CO, OH, NJ), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA).
bet365 offers a robust platform with a strong focus on NCAAB markets. It’s the extensive futures odds, covering To Win Outright, Conference Winner, and the John R. Wooden Award, alongside features like Same Game Parlay+, that set it apart.
Why We Like PointsBet
bet365 makes it easier for college basketball bettors by featuring NCAAB prominently, allowing for quick access to games and bets. The addition of Same Game Parlay+ for NCAAB+ is a significant draw, offering the chance to build complex bets within a single game. The futures odds on key outcomes like To Win Outright and the John R. Wooden Award offer both variety and depth to betting options.
What PointsBet Offers You
- Featured NCAAB Markets: Prioritization of college basketball ensures that NCAAB games and markets are readily accessible.
- Same Game Parlay+ for NCAAB: Allows for the combination of multiple bets from the same college basketball game into a single parlay, increasing the chance of higher returns.
- Comprehensive Futures Odds: Detailed futures betting options, including To Win Outright, Conference Winner, and the John R. Wooden Award, providing a broad spectrum of betting opportunities.
How Our Experts Choose the Best Sites to Bet on in College Basketball
Sports betting has become increasingly popular over the years, resulting in the industry growing tremendously. Many of the sports betting websites and platforms that are popular for gambling have extensive college basketball sections. Although college basketball is an amateur sport and the players aren’t paid salaries, that doesn’t mean that it isn’t a great business opportunity. On the contrary, college basketball sees millions of dollars bet on matches every year. If you want to get in on the action, you will want to make sure that you’re betting with a website that enhances your experience, while offering you the best odds and promotions.
Luckily, many of the big-name sportsbooks have decades of experience behind them. This means we have plenty of history to look through when determining which sportsbook to use. When compiling this list I spent hours on each website and app to find out how easy they were to use and to see what the betting experience was like. That said, I wanted to see beyond my views, so I extended my research. I found client reviews from reputable sources helpful in narrowing down my search for the best college basketball betting sportsbooks.
Compare the Best College Basketball Betting Sites of 2023 in the US
When picking your betting site, it’s important to remember that each site has different things it excels at and lacks in. Figure out what you want from your betting experience and pick the site best suited for you.
|Free to play options
|Live streaming options
|Player rewards programs
|In-game betting options
|Multiple betting features
How to Choose the Best Site for You
Betting is a personal decision that needs to be made within your personal comfort zone. Therefore, to make sure you’re making the right decision, we recommend doing your own research before you start betting. To help you, we’ve summarized what we consider to be the most important criteria you should look into when analyzing a betting site.
Before signing up for a betting site, consider the following:
- Play on Betting Sites You can Trust: It’s important to make sure a site is licensed before you sign up or provide any banking information. Only sites that have been licensed are bound by law to protect your information and money.
- Compare Welcome Bonuses & Offers: Different betting sites offer different sign-up bonuses, and usually, they change throughout the year. When you’re ready to sign up for your first sportsbook experience, compare the different sign-up bonuses on the market and choose the one most advantageous to you.
- Analyze the College Basketball Odds and Markets – Each season in the NCAA is different, and the same goes for the betting market. Look out for popular tournaments (like March Madness) to kick off your betting career and win big.
- Decide on Your Preferred Payment Method: Obviously, your data security and financial safety are paramount. We advise that you sign up with a sportsbook site that offers a variety of payment methods and up-to-date security.
- Read Up on Reputation and Customer Experience: One good indicator of the health of a business are its client reviews. Make sure you choose a platform where bettors like to return season after season.
- Look into the Mobile Experience: These days, we do almost everything directly through our phones. If you plan to engage with your betting platform online, make sure you pick one that has an optimal mobile application.
- Get Signed Up: The time has come for you to create your profile and sign up. This process should only take a few minutes and you will typically need to provide things like your address and contact details.
Betting on College Basketball Explained
In a country that offers what seems like endless avenues of sports betting opportunity, look no further than college basketball to fulfill your betting needs. With over 350 NCAA Division I teams across the nation, there is a betting opportunity for everyone.
There are many types of odds a bettor can bet on when it comes to college basketball, ranging from simple moneyline or totals odds to the more complicated futures odds. With all these different types of odds to work with, both beginners and advanced bettors can find the perfect bet for them.
With an overwhelming amount of options to pick from, it’s important that you take your time to think about your picks. To do this, you need to factor in things like team player form and head-to-head history. You can also get some advice from a betting expert on a forum or sports betting guidance website.
Types of College Basketball Bets
There are many types of bets you can make in college basketball across all platforms.
With tipoff betting, users can bet on which of the two opposing teams they anticipate will win the tipoff that kicks off the beginning of the game.
Most Points Scored
If you have a hunch about who you anticipate will score the most points in a college basketball game, this bet is for you.
Total Assist Betting
With total assist betting, users can bet on which player from either team will get the most assists throughout the duration of the game.
College Basketball Betting Strategies
Having the right strategy before making a bet can be the difference between making and losing money. Before you jump in, make a betting plan. You should know things like what type of bets you want to make and in what amounts. Gather as much information as you can on the players, teams, and the game of basketball in general in order to place the smartest possible bets.
Get to Know More About College Basketball to Bet Smarter
College basketball is one of the most watched collegiate sports in the United States. This boils down to it being one of the most entertaining, fast-paced, and unpredictable sporting occasions out there. College basketball dates back to over 100 years, the first formal game being played in 1891. With so many years under its belt, it’s no wonder this sport is a fan favorite.
Who is the Favorite to Win this College Basketball Season?
At the beginning of the tournament, number 1-seed, Houston had the best odds of winning the tournament at +550. Next up was another 1-seed, Alabama at +650 odds. Finally, the remaining two 1-seeds were Kansas, and Purdue at +800 and +1000, respectively.
Which Teams are Playing in the Current College Basketball Tournament?
68 teams are competing, in March Madness, to become the best college basketball team in the United States.
Here is a list of all of them:
- Kansas St.
- San Diego St.
- Saint Mary’s (CA)
- Miami (FL)
- lowa St.
- Texas A&M
- Michigan St.
- Florida Atlantic
- West Virginia
- Boise St.
- Penn St.
- Southern California
- Utah St.
- NC State
- Mississippi St.
- Arizona St.
- Col. of Charleston
- Oral Roberts
- Kent St.
- Kennesaw St.
- UC Santa Barbara
- Grand Canyon
- Montana St.
- UNC Asheville
- Northern Ky.
- A&M-Corpus Christi
- Texas Southern
- Southeast Mo. St.
What are the Key Dates to Keep in Mind?
2023-2024 NCAA Division I College Basketball Regular Season Start Date: November 9, 2023.
2023-2024 NCAA Division I College Basketball Tournament Start Date: March 19, 2024.
2023-2024 NCAA Division I College Basketball Tournament Championship Date: April 8, 2024.