Another top-rated Kentucky Derby betting site is Bet365 due to its top live betting and streaming functionality.
- Boosted Odds
- Great for parlays
- Top-notch live betting and live streaming feature
- Fantastic open account offer
- Attractive horse racing odds
Must be 21+ and physically present in CO, IA, NJ, OH and VA. New Customers only. Sign up, deposit (minimum $10) to your account and place a qualifying bet. Bonus Bets winnings are added to Bonus Bets balance. Bonus Bet wager excluded from returns. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, Call 1-800-GAMBLER (CO, OH, NJ), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA).
Bet365 offers a well-designed live betting and streaming feature that lets bettors place wagers in real-time and watch the Kentucky Derby action unfolding.
Why We Like Bet365
Besides its impressive live betting and streaming functionality, this bookie also features an extensive range of in-play betting markets. Bet365 also impressed us with its amazing Bet $1 & Get $200 in Bonus Bets, you unlock by making a minimum deposit of $10 and a first real money wager of just $1.
What Does Bet365 Offer
- Live betting and streaming on Kentucky Derby: Bet365 features a vibrant in-play betting section that combines well with its live streaming feature.
- Competitive odds: Although the odds vary occasionally, bettors can win huge payouts, thanks to the decent odds provided by Bet365.
- Convenient payment methods: Depositing and withdrawing winnings on Bet365 is easy, thanks to its reliable payment methods. Popular options include Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Skrill, and other online banking methods.
- 24/7 customer support: Bettors can contact the Bet365 support team 24/7 via live chat, email, and its detailed FAQ section.
Since it acquired William Hill in 2021, Caesar’s has been a player-favorite among US horse bettors.
- Quality Kentucky Derby odds
- Intuitive mobile app
- Top-notch reputation
Offer valid and must be physically present in AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, or WY. 21+. See Caesars.com/promos for full terms. Know When To Stop Before You Start.® Gambling Problem? IL, MD, NJ, OH, TN, VA, WV, PA: If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) or MD: visit mdgamblinghelp.org or WV: visit 1800gambler.net; AZ: Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP; CO, WY, KS: Call 1-800-522-4700; IN: Call 1-800-9-WITH-IT; IA: Call 1-800-BETSOFF; LA: Call 1-877-770-STOP; MI: Call 1-800-270-7117. GAMBLING PROBLEM? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. MA: CALL 1-800-327-5050 or visit gamblinghelplinema.org. NY: Call 877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369).
Besides its stellar reputation, Caesars Sportsbook is popular for offering some of the best Kentucky Derby odds.
Why We Like Caesars Sportsbook
Caesars Sportsbook is ideal if you’re looking for the best Kentucky Derby odds. Although they vary regularly, bettors can still maximize their payouts by selecting their preferred betting markets. Caesars runs a dedicated racebook app, which is solely focused on horse racing, which is where the odds stem for. We were also impressed by the bookmaker’s intuitive mobile app.
What Does Caesars Sportsbook Offer
- Competitive Kentucky Derby odds: Caesars Sportsbook provides some relatively decent odds on Kentucky Derby and other horse racing events.
- Easy-to-use mobile app: This bookie features an easy-to-use and well-designed mobile app for Android and iOS devices.
- Live betting on Kentucky Derby: Caesar’s Sportsbook features a robust in-play betting section that covers all major sports and sporting events, including Kentucky Derby. Besides its comprehensive live betting features, Caesar offers many live betting markets.
- Wide range of payment options: This bookie also supports many convenient payment methods, including Bank cards, e-wallets, bank wire transfers, and cash payments at any o
BetRivers is a great sportsbook for both new and expert bettors, thanks to its user-friendly odds and great-looking interface. This is especially beneficial for anyone looking to bet on the biggest horse race of the year.
- Responsive site
- Industry-leading customer support
- New user bonus with 1x playthrough
Must be 21+ and present in AZ, CO, IA, IL, IN, LA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, or WV. Void Where Prohibited. T&C APPLY. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, Call 1-800-GAMBLER (CO, IL, OH, MD, NJ, PA, WV). Call 1-877-8HOPE-NY or Text HOPENY (467369) (NY), 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-877-770-STOP (LA), 1-800-270-7117 (MI), 1-888-532-3500 (VA), or visit www.mdgamblinghelp.org (MD) and www.1800gambler.net (WV).
When users go through BetRivers, not only will they find it comparable to premium competitors, but when you add their options for promotions, you’ll stay loyal to the product. They offer plenty of promotions for the Kentucky Derby as you pick your favorite horse.
Why We Like BetRivers
You get a simple-to-use site with user-friendly odds and promotions, and they are here to help if you need assistance. They have every method of customer support – phone, email, along with 24/7 live chat.
What Does BetRivers Offer
- Low Initial Investment: New bettors don’t have to make a large investment to begin because BetRivers allows you to start with just a $10 deposit.
- Rewards Program: Everyone is automatically enrolled in the BetRivers rewards program. This is where users can earn quicker withdrawals, VIP dinners, and other prizes as they move up in tiers.
You will enjoy betting on “The Run For The Roses” thanks to BetMGM’s generous betting offers. The company has garnered a reputation for its high payout percentages, even on the smallest single and multi-race bets.
- Great payout percentages
- Replays along with horse, jockey, and trainer stats
- 24/7 customer support
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER in CO, DC, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MS, NJ, NV, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY. Call 877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369) (NY). Call 1-800-327-5050 (MA). 21+ to wager. Please Gamble Responsibly. Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-981-0023 (PR). In partnership with Kansas Crossing Casino and Hotel. Visit BetMGM.com for Terms & Conditions. US promotional offers not available in DC, Mississippi, Nevada, New York, Ontario or Puerto Rico.
Placing your bets on your favorite horses is straightforward with the BetMGM racing platform. You can bet on your favorite to win or place, but you can also go for the trifecta for a big payout.
Why We Like BetMGM
If you are gearing up to enjoy the Kentucky Derby, then BetMGM will be a great choice, offering the opportunity to cash out big on the race. The platform provides several promotions and odds boosts for the race that could lead to significant winnings if you pick the winner.
What Does BetMGM Offer
- Numerous betting features: With BetMGM becoming a popular sportsbook, users are excited about all the features they provide including live betting, and an easy parlay builder.
- Daily promotions and boosts: They will have a wide array of promotions, specifically for the Kentucky Derby, that will help you come away with big winnings.
- Anytime customer support: no matter when you have a question. Reliable payment methods allow you to get money quickly and begin wagering.
How Our Experts Choose the Best Sites to Bet on Kentucky Derby
Both new and seasoned horse racing bettors must exercise caution when searching for the best Kentucky Derby betting sites. But the key to finding the best Kentucky Derby bookmaker is choosing one that offers you the most value. The professionals at Betting.com compared dozens of bookies and reviewed them against a set of tried-and-true criteria. Thanks to their many years of experience and expertise in the sports betting industry, they understand what bettors require for a successful betting experience.
“Although different bettors have distinct preferences and needs, there are several must-have factors that a bookie must meet to be considered among the best Kentucky Derby betting sites in the US. First, it must have a valid license to operate legally within US states. The bookie must also implement up-to-date security protocols to guarantee player security and data privacy. Other top considerations I considered while compiling this list of top Kentucky Derby betting apps are mobile compatibility, user-friendliness, generous bonuses, range of betting markets, and horse racing odds. Overall, the best Kentucky Derby betting site provides comprehensive betting options without compromising the security and safety of its customers”.
Compare the Best Kentucky Derby Betting Sites of 2023 in the US
With numerous Kentucky Derby betting sites US, comparing them provides bettors with a deeper look at which bookie offers them the best betting experience. Based on your needs and preferences, comparing the distinct features of several bookies will help you narrow down a suitable option.
Here is a side-by-side comparison of the best Kentucky Derby betting sites for 2023.
|Sportsbook||Betting.com rating||Best for||Review|
|BeRivers||4.9/5||A large option of Kentucky Derby betting options||Review|
|Bet365||4.8/5||Top live betting and live streaming features||Review|
|BetMGM||4.5/5||Kentucky Derby-specific promos||Review|
|Caesars Sportsbook||4.6/5||Quality horse racing odds||Review|
How to Choose the Best Site for You
Betting.com’s experts compiled this list of the best Kentucky Derby betting sites using tried-and-proven criteria. However, if you prefer to find the top Kentucky Derby bookie on your own, here are some vital factors to consider:
- Find a licensed and secure bookie: Ensure your preferred Kentucky Derby bookmaker can legally operate with your US-residing state.
- Examine their welcome bonuses and other promotions: While many bookies provide enticing offers to new customers, ensure that the wagering requirements and time limitations are achievable.
- Determine the available Kentucky Derby markets and odds: An ideal Kentucky Derby betting site offers as many betting markets as possible with quality odds to help bettors maximize their payouts.
- Check the supported payment options: Ascertain that the bookmaker supports convenient and seamless banking methods and your preferred currency.
- Evaluate the bookie’s online reputation: Reading reviews of your preferred bookie among its previous customers will assist you in getting insight into the betting environment it offers.
- Test the mobile betting experience: If you enjoy mobile betting, ensure the platform offers an easy-to-use, intuitive app with a comprehensive betting experience.
- Analyze the signup process: Generally, the registration process for any sportsbook should be straightforward. However, some have a lengthier process as they require KYC verification.
Betting on Kentucky Derby Explained
Kentucky Derby offers horse racing enthusiasts an opportunity to win massive payouts. However, it is vital to understand the inner workings of the Kentucky Derby to stand a chance of placing winning bets.
Kentucky Derby odds are usually displayed in two main formats; pari-mutuel and American formats. While American formats feature a plus or minus sign before the odds to dictate the amount to wager to win and vice versa, pari-mutuel odds display the amount of profit available upon placing a specific wager. For example, if the odds are 3-1, you can win $3 upon making a $1 wager.
As more and more information is revealed about the Kentucky Derby event, Kentucky Derby expert handicappers and touts are revealing their highly-anticipated picks. However, you can also find free picks on professional sports betting sites, but it is best to use those solely as suggestions.
Types of Kentucky Derby Bets
Players can place several bets due to the vast Kentucky Derby betting markets. Below are some popular bet types:
This is where bettors pick an outright winner of a particular race or which horse will land second or third place. Examples of straight bets include:
- Win: If you are confident about the outright winner of the Kentucky Derby, place a winning bet and watch yourself earn massive payouts.
- Place: Choose the horse that will finish first or second place for a slightly lower payout but more wiggle room.
- Show: Although this bet offers a relatively small payout, it allows bettors to select which horse will come first, second, or third. They do not have to follow a specific order.
These bets allow players to choose two or more race winners, potentially yielding more generous payouts. Examples of exotics include:
- Exacta: This is where bettors select the order of horses to land in first and second place.
- Trifecta: Select the first, second, and third horses in the order in which they will win the race.
- Superfecta: Choose the first four horses to win the race in their correct order.
- Super high-five: Choose the first five horses to finish the race in their correct order to win substantial winnings.
Kentucky Derby Betting Strategies:
The most vital tip for Kentucky Derby bettors is to take advantage of the bonuses and promotions your preferred bookie provides. While this event takes place annually and offers a chance to win lucrative payouts, saving your bankroll while betting on Kentucky Derby gives you an upper hand. However, you should also have adequate information to place an informed bet while betting.
Get to Know More about Kentucky Derby to Bet Smarter
As the only American Triple Crown event to occur continuously since 1875, the Kentucky Derby is a one ¼ mile race for 3-year-old thoroughbred horses. It is among the most prestigious steeplechases globally and the Grand National. The first Kentucky Derby winner was Aristides in 1875, after running a mile and a half, also known as the Epsom Derby distance. The distance was reduced to a mile and a quarter in the following year. It was until 1950 that the American Triple Crown term was coined, although its use began in 1930 after Gallant Fox won the American Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes.
Who is the Favorite to Win This Kentucky Derby Season?
Forte has the most favorable odds to win Kentucky Derby 2023, standing at 3-1 odds. Trained by Todd Pletcher, a two-time winning Kentucky Derby trainer, Forte has made its name in the horse racing industry, with valued earnings at approximately $2.36 million. Two Phils (88-1), Arabian Knight (9-1), and Kingsbarns (43-1), another one of Fletcher’s trained horses, follow closely.
Which Horses are Playing in the Current Kentucky Derby?
Approximately 30 horses will participate in the Kentucky Derby. They are:
- Arabian Knight
- Two Phil’s
- Angel of Empire
- Practical Move
- Lord Miles
- Tapit Trice
- Raise Cain
- Dema Sotogake
- Hot Show
- Rocket Can
- Sun Thunder
- Raise Cain
- Confidence Game
- Hit Show
- Wild on Ice
- King Russell
- Major Dude
- Cyclone Mischief
- Blazing Sevens
- Jace’s Road
- Mandarin Hero
- Fantastic Again
- Red Route One
- Instant Coffee
- Arctic Arrogance
What are the Key Dates to Keep in Mind?
- December 17, 2022 – February 11, 2023: Kentucky Derby prep season
- February 18, 2023 – April 15, 2023: Kentucky Derby Championship Series
- May 6, 2023: Kentucky Derby Begins at Churchill Downs, Louisville, Kentucky.