The BetMGM sportsbook is another top choice that comes up when searching for March Madness betting sites seeing as it offers everything you could possibly expect from a premium betting platform.
- Weekly bonuses
- Regular bonuses and promotions for new and regular players
- Ability to enjoy in-play betting and live streaming of various tournaments
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER in CO, DC, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MS, NJ, NV, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY. Call 877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369) (NY). Call 1-800-327-5050 (MA). 21+ to wager. Please Gamble Responsibly. Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-981-0023 (PR). In partnership with Kansas Crossing Casino and Hotel. Visit BetMGM.com for Terms & Conditions. US promotional offers not available in DC, Mississippi, Nevada, New York, Ontario or Puerto Rico.
While NCAA tournaments are known for their tight odds, BetMGM offers some of the best futures odds on the market, earning itself a top spot on our list of the best March Madness betting sites.
Why We Like BetMGM
Besides offering competitive futures odds, this sportsbook also offers its loyal players generous opportunities, such as odds boosts, bonus bets, and parlay betting boosts, enabling them to win more as they enjoy various college basketball tournaments.
What BetMGM Offers
- Best futures odds: As mentioned above, this bookie offers some of the most competitive futures odds on the market.
- An intuitive website and mobile app: BetMGM’s website is well-designed and features an easy-to-use interface which is compatible with mobile devices. The bookmaker also has a downloadable mobile app suitable for iOS and Android devices.
- Generous March Madness promotions: BetMGM offers a wide variety of March Madness promotions to boost the thrill among bettors.
- Responsive customer support: Players can conveniently contact BetMGM’s support team via email, live chat, and phone.
Since its debut in 2000, Bet365 has been among the most preferred March Madness betting sites in the US.
- Boosted Odds
- Great for parlays
- Stellar reputation
- Fully licensed in various US states
- Fast and reliable payment options
Must be 21+ and physically present in AZ, CO, IA, NJ, OH and VA. New Customers only. Sign up, deposit (minimum $10) to your account and place a qualifying bet. Bonus Bets winnings are added to Bonus Bets balance. Bonus Bet wager excluded from returns. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, Call 1-800-GAMBLER (CO, OH, NJ), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA).
Bet365 made our list of the best March Madness betting sites because it offers US players the best bracket challenge.
Why We Like Bet365
Although this bookmaker provides convenient payment options, intuitive website design, and plenty of betting options, Bet365 did not make our list for these reasons. Rather, it was its fantastic March Madness bracket challenge that allows players to win up to $10,000,000 if they guess correctly. In addition, this bookie has one of the most responsive March Madness betting apps, compatible with Android and iOS devices.
What Bet365 Offers
- Intuitive mobile app: Bet365 offers a responsive mobile app for Android and iOS devices.
- Flexible payment options: This bookie offers many reliable payment methods for US players.
- Comprehensive coverage of betting markets: This bookmaker allows players to access numerous betting markets.
Betfred covers every match of the NCAA basketball and posts competitive odds. Also, Betfred lets you combine college matches on Parlay+.
- About 50 markets per NCAA match
- Parlay+ applies to NCCAB
- Plenty of college basketball betting markets
Must be 21 or older. Please play responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call 1-800-GAMBLER (CO, MD, OH, VA); 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ); 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).
Betfred boasts top NCAA coverage, multiple betting features, including trending bets that show what your peers are currently betting on, and much more.
Why We Like Betfred
Betfred is clearly focused on college basketball, regularly featuring NCAA matchups on its homepage and offering great odds, especially on moneylines. There’s about average 50 markets to explore for each game, so there’s never a shortage of options.
What Betfred Offers
- Parlay+: Betfred’s Same Game Parlay builder called Parlay+ that works seamlessly on college basketball games.
- Wide range of NCAA betting markets: Betfred boasts very good pricing on NCAA fixtures, especially on moneyline bets, game props, and point spreads.
- Excellent bonuses: Betfred regularly updates its promotions page with attractive offers for both new and loyal players, all of which apply to NCAA.
Established in 2012, DraftKings sportsbook is another top contender for the best March Madness betting sites.
- Excellent bonus offers and promotions with no promo codes required
- Provides a safe betting environment for US punters
- Live streaming and live betting features
GAMBLING PROBLEM? CALL 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (CO/IL/IN/LA/MD/MI/NJ/OH/PA/TN/VA/WV/WY), (800) 327-5050 or visit gamblinghelplinema.org (MA). Call 877-8-HOPENY/text HOPENY (467369) (NY). Please Gamble Responsibly. Call 1-800-NEXT STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (KS/NH), 888-789-7777/visit ccpg.org (CT), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), or visit OPGR.org (OR). 21+ (18+ NH/WY). Physically present in AZ/CO/CT/IL/IN/IA/KS/LA(select parishes)/MA/MD/MI/NJ/NY/OH/PA/TN/VA/WV/WY only. Void in NH/OR/ONT. Full T&Cs Apply.
This bookie offers an easy-to-use mobile app which is compatible with most mobile devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and iPads.
Why We Like DraftKings
If you’re familiar with sports betting, you probably know about the hype associated with the DraftKings sports betting site. The best part is that the bookie actually lives up to its reputation. With its dedicated mobile app, fantastic bonus offers and promotions, fast and secure payouts, vibrant in-play betting section, and live stream functionality, it is no wonder that people are raving about DraftKings.
What DraftKings Offers
- Fast and convenient banking options: The DraftKings sportsbook supports many reliable payment options for US players, including Visa, Mastercard, Skrill, Maestro, Paypal, Neteller, and many more.
- Responsive and easy-to-use mobile app: DraftKings offers an easy-to-use and responsive mobile app for those who love betting on the move.
- Provides a safe US betting environment: This bookie uses valid licenses from various US states, including Colorado, Iowa, Wyoming, Massachusetts, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, and more.
Considered one of the most trustworthy sportsbooks in the industry, Caesars Sportsbook makes the experience enjoyable so you can focus on rooting for your team during the NCAA tournament.
- Top tier rewards program
- Competitive odds throughout the tournament
- Exclusive March Madness promotions
Offer valid and must be physically present in AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, or WY. 21+. See Caesars.com/promos for full terms. Know When To Stop Before You Start.® Gambling Problem? IL, MD, NJ, OH, TN, VA, WV, PA: If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) or MD: visit mdgamblinghelp.org or WV: visit 1800gambler.net; AZ: Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP; CO, WY, KS: Call 1-800-522-4700; IN: Call 1-800-9-WITH-IT; IA: Call 1-800-BETSOFF; LA: Call 1-877-770-STOP; MI: Call 1-800-270-7117. GAMBLING PROBLEM? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. MA: CALL 1-800-327-5050 or visit gamblinghelplinema.org. NY: Call 877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369).
Caesars Sportsbook makes the top-five betting sites list because if this is where you begin your betting experience, thanks to their welcome bonus, you’ll use it beyond March.
Why We Like Caesars Sportsbook
Caesars Sportsbook offers their users generous bonuses, odds boosts, and a large variety of bets from the first tipoff, all the way to the National Championship game.
What Caesars Sportsbook Offers You:
- Welcome Offer: Caesars Sportsbook provides welcome offers to new users that make their first bets some of the most exciting they’ll ever have.
- College Basketball Odds Boost: With the Caesars Sportsbook, bettors have access to exclusive NCAAB odds boosts so you can boost their bankroll.
- Rewards Program: You can rack up reward points every time you place a bet in the sportsbook, which can be used for cash bonuses and other rewards.
- Exclusive College Basketball Promotions: The NCAA tournament is one of the most popular sport events to bet on. Caesars Sportsbook provides exclusive promotions during the entire tournament, providing you with more than one shining moment
How Experts Choose the Best Sites to Bet on March Madness
When searching for the best March Madness betting sites, it’s crucial to consider specific criteria including the types of betting markets offered, how competitive the odds are, available bonuses and promotions, supported payment options, the support team’s responsiveness, and mobile compatibility. Thanks to the years of experience and expertise of Betting.com’s team, we have thoroughly compared various March Madness betting sites in the US based on these criteria to determine the best platform to bet on during March Madness.
For a betting site to be crowned with the title of “Best March Madness betting site 2023 in the US,” it must offer far more than competitive odds and traditional betting markets. Such a site should tick most, if not all, boxes. As a result, I chose to prioritize the unique aspects offered by a specific platform and how it made the user’s betting experience smoother and more exciting. Thus, the best March Madness betting sites should be easy to use and offer enticing bonuses, including bracket and bracket-buster challenges, fast payment options, and more.
Compare the Best March Madness Betting Sites in the US for 2024
If you love college basketball, you can’t wait to cash in on your bet on a reputable sports betting site. However, given the sheer volume of bookies offering numerous betting markets and competitive odds to bet on during March Madness, selecting the best for you can be challenging.
Generally, selecting March Madness betting sites primarily depends on which bookie provides the best value, depending on your preferences, budget, etc. To make a more informed decision when choosing the best March Madness online betting sites, here is a side-by-side comparison table of the best bookies.
|March Madness bracket challenge
|Great Same Game Parlay builder
|Intuitive mobile app
|Great rewards progrb
How to Choose the Best Site for You
At Betting.com, our team of experts has dedicated their time to scour through the internet and compare various sites to come up with a list of the best March Madness betting sites. That said, everyone values different aspects of sports betting; therefore, you should always make your decision based on your personal preferences.
This is why we have listed the criteria we used to identify our top US March Madness betting sites, enabling you to analyze which site has exactly what you’re looking for. We strongly recommend considering all of the criteria listed below before choosing any betting site.
- Find sites with a valid license and up-to-date security protocols: To enjoy the best betting experience, find a licensed sportsbook that prioritizes the safety of its players.
- Carefully read the welcome bonus terms and conditions: Read through the bookie’s bonus terms and conditions before claiming any welcome packages.
- March Madness odds and markets: Compare odds offered on different March Madness online betting sites to make sure that you’re getting the best value for your money.
- Supported payment options: Evaluate the bookie’s different payment methods to determine whether it facilitates easy deposits and withdrawals.
- Read customer and professional reviews: Regardless of the sportsbook, determine the reputation of your preferred bookie by reading through reviews on the internet.
- Test the mobile UX: If you prefer betting on the move, assess the mobile app to ensure it features a stylish design and easy-to-use interface.
- Review the registration process: Ensure that the registration process is straightforward.
Betting on March Madness Explained
Betting on college basketball is not only for US punters but also for college basketball enthusiasts across the globe. However, in order to win generous payouts and have a smooth and worthwhile experience, you must understand how March Madness betting works.
When it comes to March Madness, odds are often set according to who will win a specific tournament or the entire championship. Consequently, unlike Championship odds which are often predetermined, it’s common for March Madness odds to fluctuate on a daily basis depending on the game. The player who places the most accurate bet wins.
Like for any other sporting event, it’s customary to find picks from professional handicappers or top March Madness betting sites in the US. While free picks are ideal for a bettor on a budget, using expert picks increases your chances of winning your March Madness bet.
Types of March Madness Bets
Regardless of your favorite March Madness betting app, you can place several bet types to get in on the action. Below is a brief overview of the most popular bets to help you select the most suitable option for you.
This is when a bettor wagers on the winning team, be it for a tournament or the entire championship competition. The moneyline betting odds for underdogs differ from those for favorites.
Futures bets refer to bets placed on results that will be revealed only after several weeks or months. For instance, placing a wager on the ultimate winner of March Madness as the event begins is considered futures betting.
Another popular bet type in March Madness betting apps is the over/under bets, where a bettor places wagers over or under a specific totals line set by a bookmaker. In other words, if you believe that the score of a particular tournament will be more than the totals set by the bookie, you should place an over bet, and vice versa.
Also known as spreads, point spreads are a handicap to specific teams set by bookies assigned to create a level playing field. For instance, a favorite team may start the match with a -6.5 deficit, while the underdogs are given a +6.5 surplus.
March Madness Betting Strategies
As is the case for most sports bettors, March Madness bettors should practice proper bankroll management. Never bet what you can’t afford and avoid chasing losses. While it’s easy to get wrapped up in all the hype that comes with March Madness, it’s vital to always keep a level mind when placing bets.
Get to Know More about March Madness to Bet Smarter
Before you start betting on March Madness, it’s vital for you to know the history of March Madness, the teams involved, and the important dates, to increase your chances of winning. Generally, March Madness, also known as the NCAA tournament, features 68 teams that won their conference tournament, which undergo an elimination-type competition until a champion emerges. Established in the 1930s, the term March Madness was first coined to refer to the Illinois High School Basketball Tournament but later made its way into college sports in the 1980s.
This sports event is popular among US bettors precisely because of the bracket and bracket-buster challenges. The NCAA tournament bracket is a roadmap where every team has to follow its predetermined path to win. Before the competition begins, teams are seeded 1 – 16, whereby the first round consists of teams with the highest seeds playing against those with the lowest seeds. Unlike other sports, teams are not reseeded as the competition progresses.
Who is the Favorite to Win This March Madness Season?
The 2024 edition of March Madness begins on March 19, 2024. Purdue (+800) has managed to top the odds on most of the reputable American March Madness betting sites when it comes to who will ultimately win the championship. The Houston Cougars are a close second (+900), followed by UConn (+1000).
Which Teams are Playing in the Current March Madness?
A total of 68 teams participate in March Madness every year. While most have won relevant conference tournaments, others qualify through a selection process run across various popular programs. For a complete list of the teams participating in the event, consult the tournament bracket.
What are the key dates to keep in mind?
- Sunday, March 17 – The 2024 Men’s National Invitation Tournament bracket will be announced
- March 19 – Games begin with the first round
- 2-4 April – The semifinals and championship will be played at Hinkle Fieldhouse, in Indianapolis.