Our Choice for the Best Basketball Betting Sites for 2023
With basketball being played every night of the week, finding the right sportsbook for you can be challenging. But our experts have done most of the work for you, with this being the top-five.
- BetMGM – The best NBA betting app on the market
- DraftKings – Every league and every game easily accessible
- FanDuel – Great bonus offers and daily odds boosters
- Caesars – The best rewards program on the market
- WynnBet – Attractive free bet boosters for first time users
The NBA has a strong following in America, but so does BetMGM. If you want to have all of the options when you bet on the NBA, plus have easy access to streaming the games you wager, BetMGM is the best sportsbook for you.
BetMGM has the name, the reputation, and the product to match both. It has been in the gaming industry for decades, and the sportsbook’s experience shows with its easy to use NBA offerings, and attractive streaming service.
Why we like BetMGM
Simply put, this is the best NBA sports betting app available today. You can easily build your NBA bets, tap into BetMGM’s streaming service, and there are always new promos to take advantage of as a new user.
|Offers a complete betting experience with parlays, futures, and live events|
The number of promos and NBA odds boosters that they offer is greater than anyone else
Customer service is fast and easy
|Some bonus NBA offers might not be available in all States|
Registering for a new account can take longer than other sportsbooks
What BetMGM offers you
- Live Streaming of NBA Games: If you want to place in-play wagers [betting on games already in progression], or you just want to watch the game in which you bet, you can stream almost every NBA game.
- Bet Building Made Easy: When it comes to building single bets, parlays, or in-play wagers, the BetMGM system is one of the simplest to use due to the easy to use surface layout.
- Rotating Promotions: Continually keeping the promotions fresh and finding new and interesting ways to boost your basketball bets is a specialty of theirs.
- Customer Service Done Right: Be it email, live chat, phone, or just their huge library of help articles, if you encounter a problem with your BetMGM account, it gets solved quickly and easily.
NBA and college basketball bets are popular on sites like DraftKings. They have been a popular choice for many years due to the fact it was one of the first sportsbooks on the scene.
DraftKings’ coverage of NBA and college hoops really shines in the amount of betting options they provide (different leagues, better lines, and live sports betting). If you want an all-inclusive NBA betting experience, they have you covered.
Why we like DraftKings
A DraftKings account is a must-have for every basketball junky. It is the best comprehensive basketball betting site in 2023 because of its huge menu of game options. You probably can’t pronounce some of the team names, but you can wager on them.
Extensive betting options, leaving no stone unturned for those that want every possible betting scenario
DK’s history with daily fantasy sports gives you even more wagering options
There is no shortage of banking options, making it easy to withdraw your winnings
|Many of the bonus offers are geared for large bettors, and may not be useful for new and more casual customers|
Odds boosts can be restrictive and don’t offer much flexibility
What DraftKings offers you
- A Plethora of Basketball Bets: Exclusive coverage of the NBA and college hoops allows you to make informed betting decisions.
- Daily Fantasy Basketball: Because of their history, they offer a great one-stop shop for both game and league wagering, plus fantasy basketball.
- Banking Made Easy: Banking options seem endless when it comes to making deposits and withdrawals.
- Customer Satisfaction: People who join DraftKings stay with them. Customer support has quick turnaround times and are friendly to those trying sports betting.
Read the full DraftKings Review
Like DraftKings, FanDuel got its start as a Daily Fantasy Sports provider. But when using the app, the highest rated app on IOS and Google Play, you would never know they started outside the mainstream sports betting world. Their promos and bonus offers are also some of the best in the business, especially for new users wanting to get a taste.
FanDuel is highly rated for a reason. It’s one of the best basketball betting sites because of its many betting options, robust futures betting market, and a wide variety of promos and easy-to-use bonus offers.
Why we like FanDuel
Some welcome bonus offers require you to wager thousands of dollars, while others have a short window to cash them in. FanDuel’s bonuses are easy to use, both in the dollar figures required, and the time you have to use them. They also have great odds boosts that attract many bettors into making bets for basketball.
|Deposit match bonuses and free bets that don’t require you to spend thousands of dollars|
Parlay specials geared toward basketball and daily promos and odds boosters
Some of the fastest payouts in the business
|The streaming options can be limited at times when hosting a lot of college basketball bets|
Would like to see their available college basketball bets include more conferences instead of just the major ones
What FanDuel offers you
- Easy to Claim Freebies: Not every bonus is easy to collect, with high betting requirements and odds restrictions. FanDuel is the opposite, making the bonus offers easy to use and collect.
- Super-Charged Bets: Beyond the welcome bonus, there are great bonus offers for basketball, including daily specials, parlay bonuses, and odds boosters.
- Get Your Money: Everyone is quick to take your money, but FanDuel is also quick to give it back. And the options for account withdrawal are many.
- A Comfortable App: From the ease of use, to the color scheme, to the layout, the mobile app is one of the friendliest to the customer.
In some cases, the decision between one sportsbook over another comes down to details that go beyond the bets you place (such as reputation, different payout options, and customer service). That’s the way it is with Caesars, which offers the best rewards program to stay a step ahead of other basketball betting sites.
Caesars Rewards is the main rewards program used by all Caesars properties and casinos, and they are one of the few sportsbooks that also uses it as their rewards card for sports betting. Having all of your sports bets earn you rewards points that can later be used for free dinners and hotel nights is a unique and attractive perk.
Why we like Caesars
Caesars does everything well, especially with their experience and expertise in the sports bets they offer, the basketball leagues they cover, and the way their app and website integrate with one another. But really, it’s the rewards program that lands them on this list and how it improves the betting experience.
|Every bet you make and every dollar you spend goes toward earning rewards at Caesars properties worldwide|
Reliability is the name of the game with Caesars. They have been doing this for ages, and it shows
Moving from the mobile app to the online sportsbook is seamless
|Some speciality bets and a number of the smaller basketball conferences in college are not available|
Account withdrawals can take up to five business days, which really should be shorter
What Caesars offers you
- Loyalty Pays Off: The more you wager, the more rewards points you accrue, and the rewards for Caesars sportsbook is fully integrated with Caesars Rewards, the rewards card used at all Caesars resorts and casinos.
- Clean and Simple App: While some newer sportsbooks attempt to reinvent the wheel with their customer interface, Caesars has stuck with what works – clean lines, easy to read graphics, and menus where you would expect them.
- One Book, Two Locations: The mobile app works like you want it to, and the online website is virtually identical.
- NBA Sign Up Bonuses: Caesars is one of the few sportsbooks that offers an NBA specific sign up bonus for new customers.
One of the newer members of the sports betting community, WynnBet has quickly become one of the best basketball betting sites because of robust welcome bonuses and low juice. Place the bets you want, and keep more of the money you win.
WynnBet has targeted customers who are less experienced sports bettors, and that has led to welcome bonuses that are simple to use and cost very little money. Small bets turn into free bets, and modest deposits turn into free money through deposit matches. All of this makes WynnBet one of the top places to go if you are new to the sports betting game.
Why we like BetMGM
Money up front is always a good thing, and the bonus offers and welcome incentives make this an attractive sportsbook. We also like money on the back end, and a number of the odds presented by WynnBets take less of a cut off the top – the juice or vig, as it’s known.
|First time customers get top free bet and risk-free bet offers on basketball wagers|
All sportsbooks make you pay juice – the book’s cut for providing the service – but WynnBet takes a smaller cut than most
Provides free bet promotions on a regular rotation
|Some of the basketball betting options are limited once you get beyond the major professional leagues|
A great sportsbook for beginners, but the limited options may lead you to outgrow it
What WynnBet offers you
- Free Bets for First Timers: One of the great things about not having a sportsbook home is that everyone wants to become your chosen book. WynnBet is one of the best at attempting to make this happen with a series of free bets for first time customers.
- Reduced Juice: This sportsbook loves to offer its customers lower juice – the money the bookmaker pays itself – and this is especially true on NBA and other basketball bets.
- The Free Bets Don’t End: Along with free bets as a new customer, you will qualify for free bets on a regular basis. The bets, promotions, and risk-free bets rotate weekly and often are targeted to basketball.
- Simplified for Beginners: If you are new to sports betting, the WynnBet mobile app has one of the fastest learning curves available. It’s easy to use and master for even the most tech-challenged customer.
Read the full WynnBet Review
How Our Experts Choose the Best Sites to Bet on Basketball
Because of basketball’s worldwide appeal, the market for basketball centric betting sites is competitive. Each of the above sites have reasons why they may be right for you.
Availability of options, ease of use, platforms that can handle streaming and live betting, banking, and good customer service. All are reasons to pick a site, and if one of those reasons is lacking, it can be a good reason to pick against it.
Compare the Best Basketball Betting Sites of 2023
There are dozens of basketball betting sites in America that showcase games. The volume of potential basketball bets can be overwhelming, but so can the choice in the right sportsbook. Our comparison of the sportsbooks we deem to be the best will hopefully make your choice easier.
|Sportsbook||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Welcome Bonus||Full Review|
|BetMGM||4.7/5||NBA Betting||Bonus Bet up to $1,000||Review|
|DraftKings||4.6/5||International Basketball||$200 in Free Bets with First Wager||Review|
|FanDuel||4.5/5||Daily Odds Boosters||Second Chance Bet up to $500||Review|
|Caesars||4.4/5||Rewards Program||Bonus Bet up to $1,250||Review|
|WynnBet||4.2/5||Less Experienced Bettors||$1 Bet Gets $57 in Betting Credits||Review|
How to Choose the Best Site for You
At Betting.com, we thoroughly vet all basketball online betting sites that we recommend. But you are the customer, and ultimately the decision on the best basketball betting site is yours. We do, however, strongly urge you to follow these guidelines.
- Use Only Legal Sites: Legal sports betting is widespread enough that there really is no reason to ever use an off-shore site that isn’t legal or regulated. You want the security of a protected account and identity, and you will only get that by using a legal sports betting site in your state.
- Grab the Cash: Each sportsbook is going to offer you incentives to sign up with them. Research those offers, do the math on what it will take for you to actually cash-in the bonus, and then take the money.
- Study the Odds: For the NBA and men’s college basketball betting, most sites are going to be pretty close to one another in the odds and point spreads they offer. But if you like wagering the WNBA or international leagues, look around and see which books tend to give you the most favorable odds.
- Banking Matters: Most of your time on a sports betting app is spent far away from banking. You make a deposit, and then you don’t touch the money until you’re ready to make a withdrawal. It is, however, still an important part of the sports betting experience, and you need to research the types of banking options that are offered.
- Sportsbook Reputation: These sportsbooks have millions of customers, so read what those customers have to say about their experiences. You can learn a lot about the strengths and weaknesses of a sportsbook based on the people who have gone before you.
- Download Multiple Apps: You can download and use a mobile app before registering for a new account, so do it. Download all of the apps you’re considering, then play around on them. See how fast they are and how easy they are to navigate.
- Account Registration: Most sportsbooks make registering for a new account pretty simple. But some will require I.D. and others might ask for a bill with your current address on it. Do your research ahead of time so when you are ready to register for a new account you have everything you need.
Betting on Basketball Explained
Basketball betting can be as easy as you want to make it, or it can be complex. From simple win/loss bets, to big parlays that come with even bigger payoffs, the sport has it all.
Every basketball game has a favorite and an underdog, and these designations are expressed in the odds on the game. There are two odds types that go along with two different betting types that we’ll cover in a section below.
When making a pick on the winner of the game there are a number of things to consider. The odds of course – that determines how much your pick will net you if it wins. But you also want to consider how a team is playing, where the game is being held, and how rested each team is.
Types of Basketball Bets
There are three major types of game bets, and then some other bets that happen within the game, but aren’t necessarily related to your pick of a winner.
This is the most basic bet there is. You simply pick which team is going to win, and based on if they are the favorite or the underdog (the team expected to lose), you get a big payout or a small payout. The bigger the favorite, the smaller the win, and vice versa.
Point Spread Bets
Instead of playing the moneyline, which is dependent on winning and losing, you can place a point spread bet, which is all about the margin of victory. If you bet on a favorite to cover a 4.5-point spread, they must win by at least five points. If you bet on the underdog, they can lose by as many as four points and your bet still wins.
Basketball Totals Bets
If you don’t want to wager on the winner of the game or which team will cover the point spread, the totals bet may be for you. This is a bet on the total points scored in the game by both teams. You place your wager on if the total will be over the posted line, or under the posted line.
A prop bet – also called a proposition bet – is a bet on an event inside the game that doesn’t rely on the final outcome. These can range from individual achievements, like points scored and made free throws, to team accomplishments, like rebound totals and most points scored in a quarter.
Parlays are any combination of bets that you put together to make one large bet. It can include a moneyline or point spread, as well as a prop bet. These bets pay off big when they hit because of the number of bets involved, but if just one leg of the parlay loses, the entire parlay is a loser.
Basketball Betting Strategies
Strategies for betting on basketball aren’t much different than other sports, meaning information is key. Do your research and never bet with your heart. If you can’t find a statistical reason to place the bet, it’s better left alone, and always limit your wagering to money you can afford to lose.
Popular Basketball Leagues to Bet
One of the great things about basketball is that there is no shortage of basketball leagues on which to wager. The most popular leagues are in North America and represent just a small portion of the basketball being played across the world.
- NBA: The No. 1 professional league in the world, the NBA is home to players from all six populated continents. It runs from October to June.
- NCAA Basketball: Both men and women play college basketball in the United States and Canada. The men’s NCAA Tournament is held annually in March and is one of the most popular sporting events anywhere in the world.