PointsBet is a reputable betting site legal in over a dozen U.S. states, and it has gained popularity for its innovative and user-friendly features for horse race betting.
- Live streams from dozens of tracks
- Bet on race going on all over the world
- Get your money back on certain bets, even if you lose
New customers only. Must be 21+ and present in CO/IA/IL/IN/KS/MD/MI/NJ/NY/PA/VA/WV. Offer not available in all states. T&Cs apply – see PointsBet promos page. If you or someone you know has gambling problem and wants help, call or text 1-800-GAMBLER (CO/IL/MD/NJ/PA/WV) or visit mdgamblinghelp.org (MD); call 1-800-BETS OFF (IA); call 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN); call 1-800-522-4700 (KS); call 1-800-270-7117 (MI); call 877-8-HOPENY/TEXT HOPENY (467369 (NY); call 1-888-532-3500 (VA).
PointsBet made it onto our list of the best horse racing betting sites because they offer real-time live streams from dozens of tracks worldwide.
Why we like PointsBet
This site is perfect for horse racing enthusiasts who love watching live streams of horse races as they bet. Apart from the real-time streaming, you can expect maximum efficiency thanks to the site’s simple design and feel.
What PointsBet Offers
- Bonuses and promotions. PointsBet rewards new and existing players to boost their bankroll; expect loyalty perks and risk-free bets.
- Live streaming. You can live stream horse races from over 150 racing tracks worldwide to watch the action in real time.
- Betting options. PointsBet offers horse racing betting options, including exacta, win, place, and superfecta.
- Get some money back on certain bets: This is only for exotic bets, like a superfecta. Even if your exotic bet losses, you can get a percentage of your money back.
- Efficient payments. The operator partners with reliable payment services to guarantee quick and efficient deposits and withdrawals.
BetMGM Horse Racing
BetMGM has established a superior brand in the horse racing industry, allowing experienced and inexperienced bettors to explore its markets.
- Competitive odds
- Offers gameplay instructions
- Easy payouts
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER in CO, DC, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MS, NJ, NV, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY. Call 877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369) (NY). Call 1-800-327-5050 (MA). 21+ to wager. Please Gamble Responsibly. Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-981-0023 (PR). In partnership with Kansas Crossing Casino and Hotel. Visit BetMGM.com for Terms & Conditions. US promotional offers not available in DC, Mississippi, Nevada, New York, Ontario or Puerto Rico.
BetMGM made it on our list of the best US betting sites thanks to its competitive odds in horse racing markets.
Why we like BetMGM Horse Racing
Apart from the operator’s relatively good odds, you can expect simple navigation, as the betting app features tabs that offer instructions on how to go about the races. Also, to help you make informed decisions, BetMGM offers information and insights into how the horses have performed in past races.
What BetMGM Horse Racing Offers
- Gameplay instructions. TheBetMGM app features tabs with gameplay instructions making it easy for veteran and inexperienced players to bet on horse races.
- Competitive odds. You can expect some of the best competitive odds in BetMGM’s horse racing category.
- Horses’ performance history. The operator offers info on how the horses have performed in their past races to help you make the best possible choice.
- Bonuses. New players can claim welcome packages to kick off their racing adventures on the platform.
- Easy payouts. BetMGM guarantees easy, transparent, and fast payouts by collaborating with numerous payment services.
Caesars Racebook is among the leading horse racing online betting sites, hosting horse races from over 300 racetracks worldwide.
- Racebook points for free bets
- Races from 300+ tracks
- Generous reward programs
Offer valid and must be physically present in AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, or WY. 21+. See Caesars.com/promos for full terms. Know When To Stop Before You Start.® Gambling Problem? IL, MD, NJ, OH, TN, VA, WV, PA: If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) or MD: visit mdgamblinghelp.org or WV: visit 1800gambler.net; AZ: Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP; CO, WY, KS: Call 1-800-522-4700; IN: Call 1-800-9-WITH-IT; IA: Call 1-800-BETSOFF; LA: Call 1-877-770-STOP; MI: Call 1-800-270-7117. GAMBLING PROBLEM? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. MA: CALL 1-800-327-5050 or visit gamblinghelplinema.org. NY: Call 877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369).
This betting site made it on our list because of its generous reward programs for new and returning customers.
Why we like Caesars Racebook
First-timers get a 100% deposit match, and returning customers earn points for every wager. You can use your racebook points to earn free bets. Moreover, the sportsbook promises an abundance of races drawn from diverse racetracks.
What Caesars Racebook offers
- Great reward programs. Caesars Racebook runs generous reward programs for its customers, including welcome packages and recurring promotions.
- Excellent selection of races. The operator has horse races from over three hundred tracks to guarantee you a pleasant experience playing the games.
- Racebook points for free bets. Every wager you make on Caesars Racebook earns points you can later convert to free bets.
- Live Streaming option. Caesars Racebook allows you to watch the action in real-time with live stream races from diverse tracks.
- Diverse wagering options. You can access multiple wagering options, including superfecta, win, and place.
DK Horse Racing & Betting
DraftKings is launching a standalone horse racing app to become the best horse racing betting sites.
- Free horse racing pools
- High-quality live stream
- Boosted odds for horse racing
GAMBLING PROBLEM? CALL 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (CO/IL/IN/LA/MD/MI/NJ/OH/PA/TN/VA/WV/WY), (800) 327-5050 or visit gamblinghelplinema.org (MA). Call 877-8-HOPENY/text HOPENY (467369) (NY). Please Gamble Responsibly. Call 1-800-NEXT STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (KS/NH), 888-789-7777/visit ccpg.org (CT), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), or visit OPGR.org (OR). 21+ (18+ NH/WY). Physically present in AZ/CO/CT/IL/IN/IA/KS/LA(select parishes)/MA/MD/MI/NJ/NY/OH/PA/TN/VA/WV/WY only. Void in NH/OR/ONT. Full T&Cs Apply.
The betting platform is on our list of the best horse racing apps because it provides free horse racing pools, including cash prizes.
Why we like DK Horse Racing & Betting
Besides the usual welcome bonuses, which are common in online sportsbooks, you expect exclusive horse racing prize pools. The prize pools include cash prizes where players stand equal chances of winning a share of the rewards upon correctly predicting race outcomes.
What DK Horse Racing & Betting offers
- High-quality live streaming. If you have a strong internet connection, expect to catch all your favorite races in HD quality with great sound.
- Boosted odds. The operator regularly offers odd boosts for horse racing events to increase your chances of landing massive wins.
- Fantasy sports contests. You can expect regular horse racing fantasy contests to draft horse lineups for rewards.
- Responsible gambling tools. DraftKings has reliable gambling tools to ensure customers keep problem gambling at bay.
- Convenient payments. The betting site collaborates with diverse payment options to guarantee customers fast and reliable withdrawals and deposits.
How Our Experts Choose the Best Sites to Bet on Horse Racing
Our urge to compile a list of the best horse racing betting apps is informed by our commitment to helping bettors choose the best gaming platforms. The process involves vetting several betting sites to discover the crème de la crème sites that guarantee a smooth experience on all fronts, including earning the bonuses, placing the bets, and finally cashing out your winnings.
In my opinion, the best horse racing betting sites should have races from diverse tracks across the world and many wagering options. You should have the option to bet on different bet types, including win, place, show, and exacta. Apart from that, I expect the best operators to host various horse racing tournaments and competitions, including popular ones such as the Kentucky Derby. The best sites should guarantee security, easy payments, and prompt customer support.
Compare the Best Horse Racing Betting Sites of 2023
Did you know you can win real money from horse racing? Of course, this requires you to understand the various online betting sites available, which tempted us to compare the best horse racing sites in 2023. Check out the comparison below.
+ The site has its own app for horse racing and separate from the sportsbook. Check your app store to find that specific app
|Site Name||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Sign up Bonus||Full Review|
|PointsBet||4.9/5||Live streaming from diverse tracks||Up to $200 back on your first bet||Review|
|Betway||4.3/5||Collapsible menu||Up to $250 free bets||Review|
|+BetMGM Horse Racing||4.6/5||Competitive odds||Bet $200 to get $200 in credit||Review|
|+Caesars Racebook||4.4/5||Generous reward programs||Bet $50, Get $250 in Bonus Bets||Review|
|+ DK Horse Racing & Betting||4.7/5||Free horse racing pools||100% first deposit bonus up to $250||Review|
How to Choose the Best Site for You
After highlighting the best horse racing betting apps and ranking them, we recommend the choosing criteria. Though we prefer to consider these factors, the door is open if you want to use your strategies to determine the best horse racing betting site. The most common criteria for determining the best betting site are discussed below.
- Choose a licensed and regulated horse racing betting site. The security of your data and hard-earned money should come first. Choosing a licensed and regulated horse racing betting site is crucial to guaranteeing the safety of your money and information.
- Evaluate the bonuses and promos. The generosity of an online sportsbook determines the number of visitors seeing as new players tend to be attracted by bigger perks. Evaluate the bonuses and promotions before settling on your favorite horse racing site.
- Review the horse racing betting odds. Reviewing the horse racing odds offered by a sportsbook is crucial. Overall, the odds should be competitive enough to boost your potential to win big.
- Examine the payment methods. Consider the range of the operator’s payment methods and the transaction processing times. You want to avoid ugly situations where your winnings take ages to reach your account.
- Gauge their reputation. The reputation of online betting platforms gives you the confidence to place bets without worries. Generally, a reputable sportsbook should have positive feedback from its users.
- Assess the sportsbook’s mobile experience. Mobile-friendly betting sites allow you to place your horse racing bets on the go. Assess if the sportsbook is optimized for mobile browsers and has a downloadable mobile app with a simple interface for quick navigation.
- Check their signup procedure. The registration process for any online gaming platform should take very little of your time. Overall, signup should only take 3-4 minutes with procedures like KYC and standard data verification.
Betting on Horse Racing Explained
Horse racing betting is among the oldest forms of gambling, with many followers. However, before jumping into the sport, you must learn how to play the game, its rules, and its bet types. We at Betting.com have outlined some major aspects of the game below.
Horse racing odds tell you as a player how much you stand to win on a wager if you predict correctly. You don’t need rocket science to understand how the odds on horse racing events work, though knowledge of fractions is a plus. When a horse is priced at 3/5, the numerator shows the number of units you stand to win, while the denominator indicates how much you should risk winning.
In horse racing betting, picks and tips can help you increase your chances of winning. While you can use free picks, buying them from experienced handicappers gives you more chances of landing a win. That said, always check the record of a handicapper to ensure their predictions have been valuable in the past.
Types of Horse Racing Bets
If you are new to horse racing, you must understand the types of bets you can place in a race. The main types of horse racing bets are discussed below.
A win bet is the most popular and straightforward bet in online horse racing betting. If the horse you choose wins the race, you win the bet.
If you don’t know if your horse will win the race but think it will do well, the place market is handy. If your chosen horse finishes in first or second place, you will win the bet.
This is the easiest way to win a horse racing bet. You will cash your ticket if your horse finishes the race in first, second, or third position.
Unlike win, show, and place, the exacta is a more complex bet involving choosing the top two winners in the correct order. To win the bet, you must select a minimum of 2 horses and specify their winning order in first and second positions.
Horse Racing Betting Strategies
Horse racing provides realistic opportunities to earn interesting prizes. Though betting on horse races implies lots of trial and error, specific strategies can increase your chances of winning. Explore common horse racing betting strategies such as dutching, favorite defeat, and recent winner.
Popular Horse Racing Tournaments to Bet On
Horse racing is nicknamed the sport of kings, and the prizes you can win on the races justify the name. There are more than enough horse racing tournaments throughout the year that you can bet and win on. We discuss the top 5 most common tournaments below.
The Kentucky Derby is the most famous horse racing tournament. Kentucky Derby, which takes place on the first Saturday of May every year, has a shared 2-million-dollar pool prize.
- Breeder’s Cup
The prize money and venue of this tournament change every year. However, the race’s popularity continues to grow.
- Arkansas Derby
The Arkansas Derby occurs at Oaklawn Park, with nine furlongs run on dirt.
- Pacific Classic Stakes
This tournament is a premier race allowing older horses to participate in competitions. Pacific Classic Stakes features 10 furlongs running on dirt.
- Belmont Stakes
Belmont Stakes is held in June every year. The race is battled over 1.5 miles.