The Best Online and Mobile Sites to Place Football Wagers
With so many different sportsbooks joining the market in the last few years, it’s often hard to know where it’s best to spend your money. But we have done the research, tried out the many sportsbook options in your area, and we are here to help you find the best American football betting sites.
Our Choice for the Best Football Betting Sites for 2023 in the US
- Caesars – Great added benefits
- BetMGM – Ease of use
- DraftKings – Wide variety of proposition wagers
- FanDuel– Great welcome bonus and live wagering options
- PointsBet– Unique betting types offered no other place
There are few names in the sports betting and casino gaming world that carry the clout of Caesars. And with the spreading of legal sports betting, there are a few sportsbooks with their current reach or amount of betting options.
No one integrates their properties better than Caesars. If you stay with this sportsbook and use their rewards, you can seamlessly connect it to your Caesars Sportsbook mobile app, ensuring that with every sports bet you place, you can earn points towards future resort stays and amenities.
Why we like Caesars
From easy banking options, to the attractiveness of the site and the ease on your eyes, to the intuitive layout, Caesars Sportsbook is a pleasure to use. They understand sports betting better than anyone, and it shows in the options they give their customers and the responsiveness of their software.
Easy connection between your Caesars Rewards account and your sports betting account
The live betting options make it a strong choice and frontrunner for American football online betting sites
Account setup and verification, plus banking, couldn’t be easier
Lacks some American football prop betting options
App can be slow when using data
What Caesars offers you
- NFL Bonus Offers and Odds Boosts: There is a constant rotation of parlay specials and betting boosts that automatically appear in your account.
- Custom Parlay Bonuses: You pick the parlay, as well as using an odds boost where Caesars offers increased odds on a specific bet you take.
- Rewards Tracking: Every bet instantly tells you how many Rewards credits and tier credits you have earned.
- One Touch Banking: When making deposits and withdrawals it’s a simple click of one button to move your money instantaneously.
Read the full Caesars Sportsbook Review
One of the best American football online betting sites is arguably BetMGM, as they feature the NFL and college football front and center with their endless amount of choices in bets. It’s what you would expect from one of the biggest names in world gaming, and from a company that immediately enters a sports betting market when it becomes legal to do so.
With the rise of live betting, customers no longer hop on an app, place a bet, and then hop off. Betting sessions can last for hours, and that means you need an app that is easy to use, and pleasant to use. BetMGM has that in spades.
Why we like BetMGM
Ease of use wouldn’t be all that valuable if the product itself wasn’t trustworthy. But with BetMGM you get what you would expect from one of the legends in world gaming. A great product, a myriad of choices, and the easiest to use app in the business.
|Offers different boosts and promotions for all aspects of an NFL game|
Giving you the bettor the chance to bet any way you choose to, while giving you free transactions after you the final whistle
A partner with actual NFL teams to make sure that football bettors get what they want
|The welcome bonus is less than other providers|
App can be slow to load regardless of how you are connected
What BetMGM offers you
- More Options: With BetMGM as the bettor, you can bet on any aspect of the game of football. For example, (Over/Under on Rushing Yards ) on any player.
- Constantly rewarding: They always reward users with special bets on any particular NFL game while treating new bettors with a welcome bonus of $1,000 in site credits as of 2023.
- New user friendly: With the quality of bets always expanding for football, BetMGM allows you to bet with no minimum or maximum odd restrictions for your first bet! Plus, their site makes it easy to navigate for new users to place bets.
- Low Juice: Every sportsbook takes its cut. This is the juice, or vig. But they take only a 24% tax cut, meaning that they pay out more money in winnings.
No matter if you want to play daily fantasy sports, or place sports wagers, DraftKings is one of the best in business. With a slew of professional sports (15 and counting) in eight different countries.
No matter what sportsbook you use, you can place basic point spread and moneyline bets on American football. But with DraftKings other options, like futures and proposition bets, they take center stage in a way that few sportsbooks offer.
Why we like DraftKings
From a company that pioneered daily fantasy sports, you might think the sportsbook would get short-changed. Not at all with them. There are many betting options across all sports, especially American football, as you can earn loyalty points for placing bets on your favorite players.
|Options in sports betting is where it’s at, and DraftKings understands this better than anyone.|
DK offers a wide range of bonus offers and odds boosts each day you play.
Two accounts in one place for sports betting and DFS.
|Needs more options to contact customer support.|
A number of offered promotions sounds better than they are. As some promotions are offered based on how good you are at betting on the sport.
What DraftKings offers you
- Specialty Wagers Galore: American football is known for its proposition bets, and DraftKings has perfected this market.
- Bonus Bets for Cheap: As a new customer all you have to do is place a wager of at least $5 to get $200 in bonus bets instantly.
- Wide Availability: You can’t use the same account from state-to-state, but no matter where you are placing your sports wagers, you will find DraftKings and all of its many attractive features.
- Casino and Poker Options: Not every state allows it, but where online poker and casino gaming is legal, DraftKings is there, providing a variety of gaming options alongside its sportsbook.
Read the full DraftKings Review
FanDuel is another DFS provider that transitioned to a full-fledged sportsbook without a hitch, as football has been one of their most significant profits in the past few years. They have completely grown as a new user-friendly platform for any football fan looking to get into betting.
FanDuel has an attractive welcome bonus, as most of the best American football betting sites offer, to draw in new customers interested in betting on American football, with this welcome bonus of $150 in free bets with a simple sign-up and deposit of $10. You could win big in any football contest.
Why we like FanDuel
They are easy to use, which is why it is one of the biggest draws for new users and those interested in betting on American football such as the NFL. For those that are new bettors, you are rewarded with a tailored NFL guide to help you figure your way out with betting.
Provides you with a tailored guide on how to bet on NFL.
Great job of protecting new users who want to bet on every aspect of the game.
Higher payouts with special boosted odds on some of the biggest football games.
|Not as many free bets for football fans looking to win big.|
Lacks in loyalty rewards for regular users betting on football.
What FanDuel offers you
- Welcome!: FanDuel offers you the ability to bet $10 on your first deposit for any NFL game and claim a free bet of $150.
- NFL Picks!: Every week, NFL fans are treated with “NFL picks this week,” giving users tips and tricks to bet on some of the hottest matchups.
- Constant Promotions: As you are gearing to bet on your favorite team and players, FanDuel always offers new boosted odds and same game parlays.
- New user friendly: If you are new to betting on American football, FanDuel offers you a tailored NFL guide to get you ready for game day!
PointsBet Sportsbook is a top contender for the best American football betting sites, but with a twist. Big wins on the scoreboard can mean big wins on your betting slip when you wager. Equipped with one of the best apps on the market, they also come with the most unique perspectives on sports betting.
Leave it to the Australians to turn sports betting on its head with a term they use known as “PointsBetting”. With this unique perspective on rewarding bettors, you can win a lot more compared to other sportsbooks.
For example, have you ever thought you should win five-times your wager because your team covered the spread five-times over? PointsBet agrees. Just switch from fixed-odds betting to PointsBetting to make it happen.
Why we like PointsBet
This brand isn’t a gimmick of a sportsbook. They have a first-rate app, all of the banking bells and whistles that you want in a sportsbook, plus a huge menu of sports betting options.
But they also offer their special PointsBetting, which you won’t find anywhere else. So for a great sportsbook, that comes with something extra, we love PointsBet.
Has a unique PointsBetting wager system and it allows you to win extra money for big wins.
Good welcome bonus and refer-a-friend bonus.
A good rewards program that awards you $10 in free bets for every $1000 wagered.
|PointsBetting system is fun, but you can lose money quickly without properly managing bets.|
Live betting and live streaming options are limited.
What PointsBet offers you
- Possible Big Winnings: When you choose to place PointsBetting wagers, you can win extra money for every point your team wins by. But beware, you can also lose extra money for big losses.
- Unique Parlay Options: When wagering on live NFL events, they offer in-game parlays and early cash out options.
- Online and Mobile Integration: The mobile app is very important, especially as the Super Bowl approaches. They allow you to bet on which team will come out the gate hot first. Or, how many yards your favorite QB will throw for.
- Welcome Bonus Rollover: In order to use the PointsBet welcome bonus, customers only have to wager the amount one time.
Read the full PointsBet Review
How Our Experts Choose the Best Sites to bet on American Football
Since American football is so mainstream, and so many of us watch and enjoy the sport, why not be able to bet on it? With football betting sites in the US, all basic wagering is provided by every sportsbook on the market; choosing the best football betting site goes beyond just the betting.
|Chris Sampson: |
Being able to place bets easily and clearly without any hassle is very important, but so are the amenities offered by each competing sportsbook you want to get into. This includes bonus offers you may venture into when you first register, deposit matches, and odds boosters that help you get the most out of your wagers.
I think that beyond the money, you put into the teams and players is the usability of the mobile app you choose and if a web-based sportsbook is also offered. That usability is most focused on the platform’s speed when wagering on live events, but its user-friendly nature is also essential as many NFL fans won’t want to wait as the game is fast-paced after the first punt. And, of course, the betting offerings that extend beyond the mainstream, like proposition bets and in-game parlays, are also a significant factor in any bet you choose.
Compare the Best American Football Betting Sites of 2023
If you could create a perfect sport for sports betting, it would be American football. Many fans, new and old, are looking for new ways to get paid for some of their best in-house bets with family members or friends. Why not get rewarded for it? Games are usually once a week, so we could spend the other six days discussing the matchups and analyzing the point spreads. And then we all come together to sit in front of the television for a full day of football and betting.
Something important to the calendar deserves to be first class all the way, which means your sportsbook of choice should give you what you want and how you want it. When it comes to football betting, only accept the best.
|Sportsbook||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Welcome Bonus||Review|
|Caesars||4.7/5||Rewards Program||$300 in free bets||Review|
|BetMGM||4.6/5||User-Friendly Design||Up to $1000 in risk-free bets||Review|
|DraftKings||4.4/5||Prop Bets||$50 with first deposit||Review|
|FanDuel||4.2/5||Welcome Bonus||$200 in free bets||Review|
|PointsBet||4.1/5||PointsBetting along with Fixed-Wagers||Up to $500 in free bets||Review|
How to Choose the Best Site for You
We have done our best at Betting.com to give the most honest and thoughtful opinions about the best online betting sites for American football. But everyone approaches sports betting from a different perspective, and with different ideas of what makes for the best experience. And everyone should make the decisions that best fit them.
It’s your money, the decision on which site to use is yours, and you can weigh which of these criteria is most important to you. But we strongly suggest you use the following criteria.
- Always Use Licensed and Legal Sites: For the safety and security of your identity, bank account information, and deposited money, only bet at a site that is licensed and regulated.
- Your Site, Your Welcome Bonus: Some welcome bonuses are for less money, but easy to use, while others are for more money but they require higher wagers for you to eventually turn them into cash. Pick the one that fits you as a sports bettor.
- American Football Odds and Options: Not every sportsbook specializes in every sport. Be sure to check out the specific types of American football bets each sportsbook offers, and the odds they pay out on those bets.
- Banking Made Easy: Find out all of the many ways you can deposit money into your sports betting account, as well as the ease and speed of withdrawals.
- Customer Reviews: Word of mouth is a powerful thing. Read the reviews of each sportsbook and find out which has the happiest customers, and which has the best reputation in the industry.
- Test the App: With live betting, betting in-stadium, and betting at your convenience, having a good mobile app with fast and responsive software is a must. Be sure to navigate through each of the prospective apps to find the one that is right for you.
- Registration: Lastly, don’t be afraid to test the sign up process. You want it to be easy, but it’s also a good way to see first-hand how a site secures your identification and bank account information.
Betting on American Football Explained
Betting on American football isn’t just for America anymore. It is for everyone to enjoy, no matter your experience level.
That is why betting on the NFL is easy and simple through many of these particular betting sites. As in some way, shape or form they all give you a hands on guide to get you started in your sports betting journey!
American Football Odds
One of the things that makes football such a great sport to bet is the weeklong changing odds board. The NFL plays predominantly on Sunday, and the Monday before those games kick off the opening football odds for the game are posted. And then over the course of the next seven days the odds change based on the betting public.
American Football Picks
There are a number of things to factor when making your betting picks. Home field advantage can loom large for some teams, while for other teams the most important factors are individual matchups. With 22 players on the field for each play, an advantage at just two or three positions can make one team a much better pick than another.
Types of American Football Bets
There are three major types of bets that someone can make on an individual American football game. You can always parlay games together to make a larger bet, but when betting on one game, these are your standard wagers.
This is a simple win-loss bet that pays out different odds based on which team is favored to win. Bet the favorite and make less money, while a bet on the underdog will pay you more.
Any of the particular sports betting websites displayed in this article can give you exclusive prop bets, with examples such as which team will have the most regular season wins or how many touchdown passes will said player have in a month/week.
Point Spread Bets
Instead of using odds to differentiate the favorite from the underdog, a point spread bet requires that the favorite win by a certain amount of points, while the underdog can lose by a certain amount.
American Football Totals Bets
A totals bet is like a point spread for the entire game. Instead of betting on one team to win by a certain amount of points, you are betting on the total points scored by both teams to be either over or under the posted line.
American Football Betting Strategies
As with any sports betting, American football has a number of strategies that a punter can employ. The most important of these is to only bet on games in which your research shows there to be value in placing a bet. If a moneyline or point spread is below or above where you think it should be, then that is a good game to wager.
Popular American Football Leagues to Bet
American football is expanding, both in the United States and around the world, and that is giving the football bettor even more leagues to wager.
- National Football League: The NFL is the best league in the world, and all 32 teams are located exclusively in the United States. Although they now also play games in the United Kingdom, Germany, and Mexico during the regular season. The NFL season kicks off in early September and has its Super Bowl in February.
- NCAA Football: Also called college football, the NCAA has a number of different divisions based on the size of the college, and there are hundreds of teams that compete in the United States and Canada. The NCAA football season goes from the last weekend of August to the beginning of January.
- Canadian Football League: Don’t call it American football, this is Canadian football, although the differences in the rules are minor, and the majority of players in the professional league in Canada are former American college football players. The season runs from June to November, finishing with the Grey Cup championship game, which has been played 60 years longer than the Super Bowl.