One of the best parts of wagering on the Super Bowl is the huge number of available prop bets – bets that aren’t dependent on the result of the game. These include the standard player and game props, like over/unders on yardage totals.
The Super Bowl has dozens of novelty props, from who will score the first touchdown to the color of the Gatorade that gets poured on the coach at the end of the game, or the length of the National Anthem. This is why DraftKings is considered by many to be at the top of NFL Super Bowl betting sites.
- DraftKings has great content to go along with its betting options
- There is no shortage of Super Bowl special odds boosters
- Daily fantasy football odds, players never need to leave the site
GAMBLING PROBLEM? CALL 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (CO/IL/IN/LA/MD/MI/NJ/OH/PA/TN/VA/WV/WY), (800) 327-5050 or visit gamblinghelplinema.org (MA). Call 877-8-HOPENY/text HOPENY (467369) (NY). Please Gamble Responsibly. Call 1-800-NEXT STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (KS/NH), 888-789-7777/visit ccpg.org (CT), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), or visit OPGR.org (OR). 21+ (18+ NH/WY). Physically present in AZ/CO/CT/IL/IN/IA/KS/LA(select parishes)/MA/MD/MI/NJ/NY/OH/PA/TN/VA/WV/WY only. Void in NH/OR/ONT. Full T&Cs Apply.
Everyone wants to win money, but betting on the Super Bowl is also supposed to be fun. That’s where the novelty props come in, and that’s where DraftKings has you covered. From the color of the Gatorade shower that the winning head coach takes, to if the MVP of the game thanks his mother before he thanks his dad, you can wager on it all.
Why we like DraftKings
Props, props, and more props on Super Bowl Sunday, but you can’t just have that and be one of the best NFL Super Bowl betting sites. Fortunately DraftKings also has great daily fantasy sports, if that’s how you want to play, as well as great live betting too. In short, it has very few shortcomings as a full-scale sportsbook.
What DraftKings offers you
- The Big Game has Big Options: Being able to find all your desired Super Bowl bets in one place is such an important luxury to have.
- A Complete Site: From great Super Bowl props, to dynamic Super Bowl betting lines, all the way to an online casino with poker – DK has it all.
- Wide Availability: No matter where you happen to be to watch the Super Bowl and place your bets, if there is legal sports betting in the state, there is DraftKings
- Super Bowl Boosts: The experts at DraftKings have put together a large number of odds boosters to enhance your NFL Super Bowl betting experience.
PointsBet is available in 14 states and offers a large range of Super Bowl betting options. It has a sleek design and secure Super Bowl betting experience, which makes it a great choice for anyone looking to bet on the big game.
- Easy to navigate on both computers and handheld devices
- All of the types of Super Bowl bets are offered by PointsBet
- Unique Name a Bet feature
New customers only. Must be 21+ and present in CO/IA/IL/IN/KS/MD/MI/NJ/NY/PA/VA/WV. Offer not available in all states. T&Cs apply – see PointsBet promos page. If you or someone you know has gambling problem and wants help, call or text 1-800-GAMBLER (CO/IL/MD/NJ/PA/WV) or visit mdgamblinghelp.org (MD); call 1-800-BETS OFF (IA); call 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN); call 1-800-522-4700 (KS); call 1-800-270-7117 (MI); call 877-8-HOPENY/TEXT HOPENY (467369 (NY); call 1-888-532-3500 (VA).
PointsBet brings a unique feature called “Name A Bet,” in which Super Bowl bettors can request odds for a custom sports bet. With the amount of options you have to bet on this game, the possibilities are endless
Why we like PointsBet
PointsBet has stayed true to its roots by delivering a user experience like no other. The mobile application is highly responsive and easy to use, and it offers an endless list of different bets that fans will love.
What PointsBet offers you
- Name A Bet Exclusive: PointsBet gives bettors more freedom to place bets by choosing the terms they want to bet on.
- Intuitive design: The user interface is attractive and will make the Super Bowl betting experience fun and easy.
Fueling the growth of legalized sports betting is the love of live betting – placing wagers on events as they are in progress. The dynamic and ever changing spreads and odds, and the multiple cash-out options as the event progresses, is one the most fun ways to bet on sports. It’s also where BetMGM truly excels.
- One of the more attractive apps on the market, the layout of the mobile app makes long sessions of wagering easy on the eyes.
- A number of NFL teams have partnered with BetMGM, giving you enhanced features when betting on the NFL and Super Bowl.
- Props and parlays are easy to find and easy to wager.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER in CO, DC, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MS, NJ, NV, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY. Call 877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369) (NY). Call 1-800-327-5050 (MA). 21+ to wager. Please Gamble Responsibly. Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-981-0023 (PR). In partnership with Kansas Crossing Casino and Hotel. Visit BetMGM.com for Terms & Conditions. US promotional offers not available in DC, Mississippi, Nevada, New York, Ontario or Puerto Rico.
It is one of the most famous names in entertainment and gaming, which is why it is a popular choice among Super Bowl Betting Sites in the United States, but also exceeds the lofty expectations that come with having such a recognizable and iconic brand.
Why we like BetMGM
You can place all of the standard wagers at BetMGM, and if you are keen to give live wagering a go, this is the place to do it. From betting on each individual play call in the Super Bowl, to broader events like touchdown scorers and leaders at the quarter, you can do it all from this well-built mobile app.
What BetMGM offers you
- Building Bets Simplified: When creating parlay bets – adding two or more individual bets into one larger bet – their betting slip is one the easiest to navigate.
- Live Betting Simplified: You can watch the Super Bowl and easily keep track of your live bets. In addition, even events that aren’t on TV are easy to keep up with because of their live event tracking.
- Web and App Cohesion: It seems obvious to make a mobile app and web-based sportsbook look and act the same, but this sportsbook does it better than most.
- Keep More of Your Money: The sportsbook makes its money by charging you vig, also called juice. It’s built into your wager as a way for them to make a profit, but the profit margin changes from book to book, and they charge you less money than many others in the industry.
Caesars Sportsbook is one of the biggest names in entertainment, and they have the biggest event on the sports betting calendar covered. The most up to date odds and the fastest to respond to changing news, makes this one of the best NFL Super Bowl betting sites in the United States.
- Has great content to go along with its betting options
- There is no shortage of Super Bowl special odds boosters
- Daily fantasy football odds, players never need to leave the site
Offer valid and must be physically present in AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, or WY. 21+. See Caesars.com/promos for full terms. Know When To Stop Before You Start.® Gambling Problem? IL, MD, NJ, OH, TN, VA, WV, PA: If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) or MD: visit mdgamblinghelp.org or WV: visit 1800gambler.net; AZ: Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP; CO, WY, KS: Call 1-800-522-4700; IN: Call 1-800-9-WITH-IT; IA: Call 1-800-BETSOFF; LA: Call 1-877-770-STOP; MI: Call 1-800-270-7117. GAMBLING PROBLEM? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. MA: CALL 1-800-327-5050 or visit gamblinghelplinema.org. NY: Call 877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369).
Nothing replaces the experience of sitting inside a Caesars Sportsbook and placing wagers at the window. But their mobile app and online sports betting experience is a pretty close second.
Why we like Caesars Sportsbook
As one of the most recognizable names in the industry, their mobile and online sportsbooks have the bells and whistles to match. They have all the NFL Super Bowl bets covered, and with a rewards program that integrates with your regular Caesars Rewards card, your sports bets can lead to discounted resort stays and amenities at any Caesars property in the world.
What Caesars Sportsbook offers you
- Bonuses and Promotions Specific to the Super Bowl: Super Bowl Sunday brings in a number of new customers, and they off a large number of promotional offers specifically for first-time Super Bowl bettors.
- Building Your Own NFL Parlays: Add any two bets together (or more) and you can also customize the odds boost for NFL and Super Bowl bets.
- Easy Rewards Tracking: Each of your bets tells you how many rewards points you earned by placing it. You can also see the running tally of rewards points by checking your open betting slips.
- Easy Money Management: Moving money into and out of your account is easy, and you can set up default betting amounts that allow you to better keep track of the money you have wagered.
How Our Experts Choose the Best Sites to Bet on the NFL Super Bowl
There are a number of different reasons why someone might choose one sportsbook over another as their regular go-to book for NFL sports betting. But when it comes to betting on the biggest annual sporting event in the United States, you want a big book with lots of options befitting the occasion.
|Chris Simpson: The global impact, multitude of betting options, and communal atmosphere of Super Bowl Sunday were key factors in compiling our list. Each sportsbook listed is best for the user, while also gearing towards NFL Super Bowl betting.|
Compare the Best NFL Super Bowl Betting Sites of 2023
There is no sport more tailor made for betting than the NFL, and no singular event like the Super Bowl. So almost every sportsbook you engage with will have good Super Bowl wagering.
But for something that only happens once a year, taking the best offerings the industry has to offer, and then comparing them to find the one that fits you the best, is the smart way to go. It is your money, after all.
|Sportsbook||Betting.com Rating||Best For||Review|
|DraftKings||4.8/5||Super Bowl Prop Bets||Review|
|Caesars||4.2/5||Benefits and Rewards||Review|
How to Choose the Best Site for You
At Betting.com we thoroughly vet the NFL Super Bowl online betting sites that we recommend. But you are the customer, and ultimately the decision is yours. And when making that decision, be sure to follow these basic rules.
- Always Use Licensed and Legal Sites: Regulation in this industry is your best friend. By using a licensed sportsbook you are keeping your identity and your bank account information safe and secure.
- Take the Free Money: It’s good to be a customer in an expanding industry, and everyone is after your business. Every sportsbook is offering free bets and deposit bonuses, so be sure to read about each promotion and choose the one that best fits you.
- Super Bowl Odds and Options: If this is your first time betting on the Super Bowl, or the 20th time, you want the full experience. Make sure the sportsbook you choose has a full complement of Super Bowl bets as well as competitive odds.
- Simple Money Management: Your time is best spent researching your wagers, not stressing over the management of your money. Find a sportsbook that has easy to use banking options and that are quick to pay out your winnings.
- Sportsbook Reputation: You’re not looking for a new thing, you’re looking for the best thing. Read what others have said about the sportsbooks in your market, and trust that their customer experiences will be similar to what you will encounter.
- Test Drive the App: Even if you expect to do most of your sports betting at a computer, you want a sportsbook with a fast and responsive mobile app. Download them, try them out on wifi and without wifi. Not all of them have the same response time, which is critical when engaged in live betting.
- Creating a New Account: The last thing you should consider is the first thing you have to do with a new sportsbook – register your new account. How easy is it? How fast? Do they require an upload of documents? All of these are important to know before you get started.
Betting on the NFL Super Bowl Explained
Most people are familiar with office pools that use squares for Super Bowl betting. Those have been around for decades.
But now that legalized betting is so widespread, you can place wagers on almost anything Super Bowl related. When it comes to betting on the Super Bowl, it is for everyone, from the grizzled veteran punter to the first-time betting novice.
Super Bowl Odds
Unlike the rest of the NFL season, which just has one week for the odds of the game to change, the Super Bowl gives us two weeks. And in those two weeks the expected winner of the game might see their odds change daily, both because of new injury news, as well as where most of the money is being bet. The two basic Super Bowl bets are a moneyline bet, which pays out on odds, and a point spread bet, which means the favorite in the game must win by a certain number of points.
Super Bowl Picks
The Super Bowl in theory is the most equally matched game of the season. It is the best team in the AFC, taking on the best team in the NFC.
So making picks can be harder because of the closeness of the matchup. But you can still make an informed pick based on individual matchups, like who has the better wide receivers, which offensive line is better at keeping their quarterback safe, and who is more experienced on a big stage like the Super Bowl.
Types of NFL Super Bowl Bets
There are four major types of bets that someone can make on the NFL Super Bowl. All of them are available at each of the online betting sites we recommend, and all of them can be combined together to make a larger bet called a parlay.
This is the most basic of NFL bets. You simply pick the winner of the game, and the bet will pay off based on the odds of picking either the favorite or the underdog.
Point Spread Bets
Instead of odds separating the favorite and the underdog, this type of bet uses points. For example, if you put money on the favorite, and they are favored by 3.5 points, they must win by four points for you to win your bet. If you take the underdog, and they only lose by three points, you win your bet.
NFL Super Bowl Totals Bets
Another type of bet that depends on points scored is a totals bet. This is the combined total points of each team, and you place your bet on over the posted line, or under the posted line.
Super Bowl Proposition Bets
A prop bet is a wager on an event related to the game, but not dependent on the outcome of the game. And this is where the Super Bowl is set apart from other NFL games.
There are three main types of prop bets. You have game props, like which team will record the most sacks, you have player props, such as which quarterback will finish with the most yards, and you have novelty props, with the most famous being the length of the National Anthem.
NFL Super Bowl Betting Strategies
The most important strategy for all sports betting is to never wager money you can’t afford to lose. It’s easy to get caught up in the hype of the Super Bowl, as well as the huge number of betting options. But always bet within your means.
Beyond that advice, information is key. If you are placing a bet on a team or player, have statistical evidence that backs up that bet. Place the bet because your head tells you it’s a smart play, and not because your heart really wants it to happen.
Get to Know More About the NFL Super Bowl to Bet Smarter
As we mentioned, information is the key to making bets with a good chance of becoming winners. That information includes knowing as much as you can about the two teams that are playing, as well as knowing the history of the Super Bowl.
Just because a team is the favorite in the Super Bowl, it doesn’t mean they will win. In the last 11 Super Bowls the favorite is just 3-8 against the point spread and just 4-7 outright. The most notable underdogs to win over the time were the Eagles, a 4.5-point underdog to the Patriots, and the Broncos, who were 5-point underdogs when facing the Panthers.
The biggest underdog in history to win the Super Bowl outright was the New York Jets in Super Bowl III as 18-point underdogs. The next biggest underdog was the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVI, who were 14-point underdogs when they beat the Rams for their very first Super Bowl win.
Who is the Favorite to Win This Year’s Super Bowl?
When the season began the Buffalo Bills were the favorite to win the NFL Super Bowl. Now that the game is almost here and we are down to just two teams, the Philadelphia Eagles are slight favorites over the Kansas City Chiefs.
Who is Playing in This Year’s Super Bowl?
The champion of the NFC is the Philadelphia Eagles, who finished with a 14-3 regular season record. They last appeared in the Super Bowl five years ago, winning Super Bowl LII 41-33.
The champion of the AFC is the Kansas City Chiefs, who also finished with a 14-3 regular season record. This is their third Super Bowl appearance in the last four years.
What are the Key NFL Super Bowl Dates to Keep in Mind?
- February 12, 2023: Super Bowl LVII in Glendale, Arizona.
- February 11, 2024: Super Bowl LVIII in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- February 9, 2025: Super Bowl LIX in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Now that the NFL has gone to a 17-game, 18-week regular season schedule, the Super Bowl always happens on the second Sunday in February.